UPDATE: Comeback will be in September + TWICE is preparing for a comeback and will film their MV on Aug 9

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
you have to realize even tho the comeback a month or two away they are still busy preparing for it. ie. rehearsals practicing dance choreo, learning their parts and lines, etc. they are always busy doing something. I think people are looking at it from a overall perspective. this might only be their second release but they were busy traveling for their tour, among other places. that all catches up with you and your body. I take one trip and already it exhausts me. 😄 I can't imagine how they must feel week to week traveling in different time zones.

Actually, we do realize. As someone who used to travel regularly for work, I can say that issue of travelling and being tired is directly proportional to the distance. Their longest trip this year has been to the US for the Twicelights leg (1 return trip with a couple of continental flights - all within the space of 2 weeks) and Hawaii (1 trip if you only count their working trip, several if you count their holidays). And having flown economy, business and first, I can say that not flying economy makes a HUGE difference. The majority of their trips are to Japan, the flight duration of which is similar to some people's daily commute.

No doubt, there is a lot of background activity leading up to any comeback or promotion, but the difference is that with the exception of the preceding few weeks before the actual comeback, they are usually maintaining a normal daily schedule of activity, rest and sleep. It's not as if they are constantly working 18 hours days for months. For me, it's gratifying to know that Jihyo is dating not just because she has found love, but that she has the time in the week to also date, meeting KD at least once a week. Compare that to the kids in school who say they are too busy to date, or the average Asian who works 44+ hours a week, and still have to sort out their daily life activities (drive, cook food, put on make up, clean the house and do laundry, etc.) all by themselves.

Again, in context, we all know than an idol's life is a busy and hectic one, and Twice is no different. But if you compare their activity level this year to last year, it's around 2/3 or their normal output. Which for me is good instead of their normal hectic pace. Most Onces have already started preparing for this drop in activity - less comebacks this year (we had 6 plus two repackages last year), which means we've less music show performances, less variety shows, less radio show appearances, less vlives, etc. Again, we like this less aggressive pace, but we're scratching our heads when people are still staying #LETTHEMRESTJYP despite the drop in activity.

Top Bottom