► One in a Million! ♡ The Official TWICE (트와이스) Thread ♬ 『Ready To Be』#SetMeFree

What's your favorite title track from Twice?

• Like OOH-AAH

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • CHEER UP

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • TT

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • KNOCK KNOCK

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • SIGNAL

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • LIKEY

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Heart Shaker

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • What is Love?

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Dance The Night Away

• YES or YES

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • The Best Thing I Ever Did

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • FANCY

Votes: 46 21.1%
  • Feel Special

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • More & More

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I Can't Stop Me

• Total voters

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Sigh...being a good boy and going to sleep (really) early made me miss the Fanfare mv drop. :yoosmile: That's my excuse, anyway.

As expected, it's a summer / Olympic Games song. It would have been fun to hear this at the venues while waiting for the games to start - a great moodsetter. I like it better than some of their other JPN releases. My only beef with the song is that the instrumentation tends to drown out their voices at time, the horns sound a bit harsh to my delicate ears, and the vocals sound a little muddy overall. For some reason, Tzuyu's sounds the clearest of everyone. YT audio quality isn't the best, and hopefully it will sound a bit better in higher quality.

But I do like the song overall - definitely Twice 1.0 but more adult version. Not quite up to Fancy Twice 1.5, so Twice 1.3? 1.4? They're definitely trying to strike that balance of maintaining their cute and bright sound in JPN but appealing to the crowd that wants a mature sound. MV is fun, though they recycled the cgi butterflies and the IWYB audition posters. I give it a 7.35/10.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Sigh...being a good boy and going to sleep (really) early made me miss the Fanfare mv drop. :yoosmile: That's my excuse, anyway.

As expected, it's a summer / Olympic Games song. It would have been fun to hear this at the venues while waiting for the games to start - a great moodsetter. I like it better than some of their other JPN releases. My only beef with the song is that the instrumentation tends to drown out their voices at time, the horns sound a bit harsh to my delicate ears, and the vocals sound a little muddy overall. For some reason, Tzuyu's sounds the clearest of everyone. YT audio quality isn't the best, and hopefully it will sound a bit better in higher quality.

But I do like the song overall - definitely Twice 1.0 but more adult version. Not quite up to Fancy Twice 1.5, so Twice 1.3? 1.4? They're definitely trying to strike that balance of maintaining their cute and bright sound in JPN but appealing to the crowd that wants a mature sound. MV is fun, though they recycled the cgi butterflies and the IWYB audition posters. I give it a 7.35/10.
Yeah for sure-it's a fun summery song and I for sure like it better than some of their other Japan releases...but yeah my first thought was that the instrumental is louder than the vocals in a lot of areas.
Wasn't sure if that was Yt as I haven't listened to it on spotify or whatever yet so we'll see.

8th

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,989,050

Ea1TcwFXgAA2kQe

Ea1WNYRX0AAhwoy
Ea1WNYSXYAIYvYi

HeartShaken

ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭437,470

I think the loud instrumentation (it doesn't sound that loud to me though but my ears have been ruined by loud orchestral music) is an aesthetic choice. I could imagine them filming part of the MV with a real marching band in a huge stadium if there was no COVID-19.

Btw are you going to rate songs down to three decimal places next time? :TzuyuKek:

Last edited:

HeartShaken

ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭437,470
Okay so this is the official audio-only version on YouTube (intended for YouTube music?):

Does the mix sound different?

drhcc

OH glitch bot Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭95,560
I've been loving Fanfare a lot and have been jamming to it all day!!

I do genuinely love the fact that Twice is branching out and trying newer sounds (with Fancy, Feel Special, and More & More). They've been vocal for a long time now about switching it up, so more power to them for that.

I also absolutely love Twice for their bright and cheerful vibes (after all, I've been a fan since the beginning and it's one of the reasons why I stuck around for so long). And with Fanfare, they demonstrate once again that they just really have the bright and cheerful concept down pat.

For those of you who are wondering if the song sounds better on other platforms besides YouTube, the answer is resoundingly "YES." Personally, I think the audio quality in the MV suffers from that typical YouTube compression. Give it a listen on Spotify (on the 320 kbps option, if you can), or even on TIDAL (on Master quality) or in lossless quality (FLAC, ALAC, etc). I think it will make quite a bit of difference.

[I will say, though - I think the mixing is a bit "thin," meaning that to some people, it may sound kind of flat. Not unheard of, especially with certain kinds of J-pop songs. For example, you can barely hear the bass line in the MV (it's most noticeable during the rap parts). But of course, I'm no expert!]

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
I think the loud instrumentation (it doesn't sound that loud to me though but my ears have been ruined by loud orchestral music) is an aesthetic choice. I could imagine them filming part of the MV with a real marching band in a huge stadium if there was no COIVD-19.

Btw are you going to rate songs down to three decimal places next time? :TzuyuKek:
I don't mind loud instrumentation (it's supposed to be brassy and upbeat, after all) , but for me there is very little stage separation between the vocals and the instruments, almost as if they are on the same plane. I'm listening on Ath-M50x, which is a relatively neutral in sound, and the audio feels a little flat and compressed soundstage-wise.

That Youtube Music link is pretty much the same as the MV. Found it on Spotify. Sounds quite a bit better, can hear the vocal and instrument layers better. (edit: the brass still tends to overpower the vocals though). Have to revise my rating to 7.579/ 10. :yoosmile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom