• OT5

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Since its announced recently, Many fandoms are not aware of it yet. As soon as big accounts start sharing the links usual big fandoms will start winning

you mean Chungha? she does have a big fandom and she's very hyped in SK right now

Everything else looked as I would expect. It was just Chungha's domination over IU that was a surprising. I guess it's still so early with 40 days to go.

I wonder if you guys could give some info on Itzy's debut period. I wasn't following back then. How were they able to get the high MV views and the 9 award show wins without having an established fandom at debut? They had the high digitals but it seems like groups need their fandoms to coordinate voting and MV streaming.

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Everything else looked as I would expect. It was just Chungha's domination over IU that was a surprising. I guess it's still so early with 40 days to go.

I wonder if you guys could give some info on Itzy's debut period. I wasn't following back then. How were they able to get the high MV views and the 9 award show wins without having an established fandom at debut? They had the high digitals but it seems like groups need their fandoms to coordinate voting and MV streaming.
iirc they had around 2 days of ads which definitely helped. they had around 14M views for the first 24 hours. We were a bit worried back then since MV was released at 0AM Monday and song was released on MelOn 6PM on Tuesday. But it still worked out, they had good digitals and the GP liked their song. as for the music show wins, it was mostly digitals tbh. I think even back then, the level of their fandom is like a mid-tier gg already and it's not like most top girl groups today that are frontloaded. I remember their ULs were having a new peak every day for 2 weeks or so, so more and more people were finding out about them throughout the weeks so although they didn't have a very high start, their weeks were evenly distributed and barely deteriorated like other groups. that's probably the reason why they could maintain MV views and digitals to win all those music shows.

AshithBangera

Guardian of Twice❤️ Itzy ❤️ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,744,224

There was a lot of hype about JYP creating a new GG, Since the success of Wonder girl, Miss A and Now Twice. So JYP group fans and some other group fans were curious to check out the new group.
Some of the members were previously known from other shows like Yeji, Ryujin & Chaeryeong.
Song had a mixed reaction in the beginning but SK loved the song and it even outcharted some digital monsters which helped them win music shows along with High Youtube view count.
Initial boost on views was because of the ads but ads don't bring that much views unless you have a following, so people were really streaming the song which made it the debut mv with highest 24 hr views (17.1M confirmed views)
Song is still in 30s on melon chart... and has the highest digital index this year for any kpop groups. also Dalla Dalla is the 2nd highest charting on melon weekly with 7 weeks in top 10

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
iirc they had around 2 days of ads which definitely helped. they had around 14M views for the first 24 hours. We were a bit worried back then since MV was released at 0AM Monday and song was released on MelOn 6PM on Tuesday. But it still worked out, they had good digitals and the GP liked their song. as for the music show wins, it was mostly digitals tbh. I think even back then, the level of their fandom is like a mid-tier gg already and it's not like most top girl groups today that are frontloaded. I remember their ULs were having a new peak every day for 2 weeks or so, so more and more people were finding out about them throughout the weeks so although they didn't have a very high start, their weeks were evenly distributed and barely deteriorated like other groups. that's probably the reason why they could maintain MV views and digitals to win all those music shows.
There was a lot of hype about JYP creating a new GG, Since the success of Wonder girl, Miss A and Now Twice. So JYP group fans and some other group fans were curious to check out the new group.
Some of the members were previously known from other shows like Yeji, Ryujin & Chaeryeong.
Song had a mixed reaction in the beginning but SK loved the song and it even outcharted some digital monsters which helped them win music shows along with High Youtube view count.
Initial boost on views was because of the ads but ads don't bring that much views unless you have a following, so people were really streaming the song which made it the debut mv with highest 24 hr views (17.1M confirmed views)
Song is still in 30s on melon chart... and has the highest digital index this year for any kpop groups. also Dalla Dalla is the 2nd highest charting on melon weekly with 7 weeks in top 10

Thanks appreciate the insight. I think award wins are fairly dependent on timing also. There seem to be soft spots in the schedules depending on who has new releases. Some shows require appearances to win which has disqualified BTS, Twice, BP recently.

I'm curious whether Itzy will have the fan support to get enough sales for the comeback's physical album. Division 2 hasn't exactly been sending them out during the hiatus on fan building/engagement stuff like TV/radio etc. Hopefully they start ramping things up for the release.

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,290,182
Aah...I've been so occupied with overwatch league, I've failed to keep up with my kpop groups. But damn, Yuna looks so pretty with that blonde hair, and I didn't even recognize Ryujin with that pinkish hair at first, but she also looks great! I can't wait for their comeback, whenever it is

🔹 MAYUKA 🔹

𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓙𝓲𝓱𝔂𝓸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭110,655
ITZY for Vogue Korea July scans. There's no interview :/
D9at4mzU4AA9ySr.jpg

D9at51hUEAAJ7r0.jpg

D9at52ZUwAAdezo.jpg

D9at54ZUIAAOrqz.jpg
D9at58vVAAAuRb7.jpg
D9at7IDUwAI1V07.jpg
D9at7I2VAAAANOd.jpg
D9at7KPU4AEvxls.jpg
D9at7MrU4AAANJS.jpg
D9aujGBVUAAk7lK.jpg
D9aujGAUIAAq-uV.jpg

HD scans

D9buJ0bUwAAGK-y.jpg

D9buG_8U4AEPz3E.jpg
D9buIG7U0AEXPz-.jpg
D9buJWiU4AAyyZ6.jpg

Dollface

5HINing Shawol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,695
I saw their comeback spoiler and I'm so excited! I love the neon outfits and the choreo I've seen so far ?

They're leading in the genie awards.

Only Koreans can vote so it looks like they might have some fandom power there.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
I saw their comeback spoiler and I'm so excited! I love the neon outfits and the choreo I've seen so far ?

They're leading in the genie awards.

Only Koreans can vote so it looks like they might have some fandom power there.

The votes only count for 30%, digital scores 30%, critics 20%, SNS 20%

Itzy will win regardless of the votes because they are so far ahead in the digital and SNS categories.

Twice is in a battle for top girl group with RV. BP surprising is getting little support from SK voters. Is there some backlash to YG and their shift to an international focus? Chungha is dominating both IU in the top female singer category and Twice in the performance category.

Dollface

5HINing Shawol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,695
The votes only count for 30%, digital scores 30%, critics 20%, SNS 20%

Itzy will win regardless of the votes because they are so far ahead in the digital and SNS categories.

Twice is in a battle for top girl group with RV. BP surprising is getting little support from SK voters. Is there some backlash to YG and their shift to an international focus? Chungha is dominating both IU in the top female singer category and Twice in the performance category.

Yeah, I know they'll win based on digital and SNS points but it's nice to see them winning in votes after worrying about them not having built a dedicated fanbase after debut. ☺

It's possible that people aren't voting due to backlash but I've seen some BP fans on twitter say kfans aren't bothering to vote because BP didn't win or attend last year so there's no point.

Fans might not even know voting is open since MGMAs is a fairly new award show (it only started last year) and results may change down the line.

🔹 MAYUKA 🔹

𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓙𝓲𝓱𝔂𝓸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭110,655
OP looks nice. Hi itzy bitzy's :shablob:
You changed your name but hello :bakacat:

Is this going to be live? Iz*One has a concert the next day in Taiwan. If they miss each other again... :noooo:
Fans are saying I*ZONE will do a pre-recording. The universe doesn't want them to meet :somicry:

But ITZY are friends with Stray Kids so there's another interaction we can hope for lol...

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

나는 미나의 쓰레기야. Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭595,900
You changed your name but hello :bakacat:

Fans are saying I*ZONE will do a pre-recording. The universe doesn't want them to meet :somicry:

But ITZY are friends with Stray Kids so there's another interaction we can hope for lol...

its my name didnt change it :fab:

Top Bottom