✽ The Anime & Manga Club! ✽

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,633
I'm a flop for not visiting this thread more often despite spending the past few months binging on anime. :okbye:

BUT I have just finished watching Hunter x Hunter!! I actually feel so sad that I finished it; I got really attached to the characters aaa... :okbye:
I would pick up the manga but knowing that it's been on a hiatus for years wounds me, and it doesn't seem like it will resume any time soon...
Ngl but I teared up during Meruem and Komugi's last moments, the way they did that scene was SO good... and then in the final episode where they briefly showed Meruem holding Komugi's hand in death, omg...

Then when Gon finally got healed and he jumped into Leorio's arms, that was such a touching moment and made me miss seeing the main four together. :peepoblanket:

Other series that I've watched recently/this year:
  • The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
  • Black Clover
  • Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
  • Kakegurui
  • Dr. Stone
  • Mob Psycho 100
  • Wonder Egg Priority
  • Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Horimiya
  • Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
  • Given
  • Dororo
  • Haikyuu
  • SK8 The Infinity
  • Attack on Titan
  • My Hero Academia
  • One Punch Man (rewatch)
  • Angel Beats (rewatch)

asjdkhfadf I didn't realise how much I watched until I listed them (the result of lockdown istg...). I'm probably going to take a break from watching anime since I'm beginning to zone out and I need to heal after HxH :peepoblanket:
but I'll finally start reading some manga again!!

:RunPar:
woo thats a lot!! which one is your fave from the list?

HunterxHunter is a great anime. I just have to try to finish it one day nnnn.
I had to put it on hold at the start of the Chimera Ant arc cause all the ants eating kids freak me out :peepoblanket: but I heard it’s like the best arc of the show so Ill def had to check that out

Thank you
1243.jpg
Death note was the first multi-episode anime I watched so maybe that's why I have an attachment to it lol I will be sure to share my road to becoming a weeb journey here! :pepesanta:

You STALKED me again
684424348194570350.png

ajlsdf I've mostly watched anime movies like Your Name, Wolf Children, A Silent Voice, etc, so you could prolly recommend anything (preferably not too long) and it'd be new to me
1243.jpg
soozie recommended me to watch Violent something so that shall be next on my list once I've finished FMA today :poggers:
welcome Stanniee!! :poggers: what genres do you usually like?

Last edited:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
woo thats a lot!! which one is your fave from the list?

HunterxHunter is a great anime. I just have to try to finish it one day nnnn.
I had to put it on hold at the start of the Chimera Ant arc cause all the ants eating kids freak me out :peepoblanket: but I heard it’s like the best arc of the show so Ill def had to check that out

I had too much time on my hands asdfjkhaf and usually, I change the playback speed to 1.25 so I get through the episodes quicker since there's so many series I want to watch :weep: I really enjoyed Dr. Stone, Jujutsu Kaisen and Mob Psycho 100!

The Chimera Ant arc was soooo long, ngl I did zone out a few times :jinjudge: but the second half of it/when the king is born is incredible!

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,567
I literally cannot get over how well done that scene was, like tf???
Yeah, I really wanted to see more of Kurapika. Seeing him in the montage at the end looking at the eyes... :okbye:
Then you had the whole Nanika/Alluka thing that went on, which tbh I found Nanika's powers so terrifying especially when the bigger the wish the bigger the consequences. Killua and Alluka's relationship is so cute though, and I want to see them on their adventures together...
yes, the nanika/alluka arc is very unsettling! but in contrast lol, yes, killua and alluka's relationship is so cute indeed, it made me so tenderhearted :peepoblanket:

Gotta whip out that list to see if anyone else has watched it too! :wherearethelies:
Same here, I tend to watch series once it's finished airing bc I'm more of a binge-watcher than one who can wait each week for a new episode.

I'm not too crazy over SK8 The Infinity but it's not bad at all; it's an easy watch with distinct characters (design) which is something I like. Plot-wise, it's pretty predictable but there's still some decent character development. There's a recap episode somewhere in the middle that you can completely skip too
For what the show is for (skating), it's pretty good and the skating scenes are really cool and interesting :bakacat:
haha yes, i understand! :wherearethelies:

noted about sk8 infinity, thank you :poggers:

Of course! I wish the actual Anime & Manga section was more active... but this thread suffices! Maybe we can change that in the future:FitPar:
so do i! i have some thread ideas actually that i haven't done anything with, but also, sometimes i'm confused about whether i should put it in the anime & manga section... or the japanese discussions thread? maybe i shouldn't other think it though and if mods wanna move it later, they can

yeah, here's hoping! :TipPar:

The Chimera Ant arc was soooo long, ngl I did zone out a few times :jinjudge: but the second half of it/when the king is born is incredible!
same. although it had some great storytelling, i also felt it was probably longer than it needed to be :youdontsay:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
I was here first, I think you're the one stalking ME :angry:

Your Name and A Silent Voice are some of my favourites!
The first time I watched Your Name, I sobbed when she opened her palm to the message aksjhdfa

If you want some movies...
And throwing in some series of various genres bc I'm not sure what you will like, but hopefully one of these will interest you :poggers:

I know you don't really want longer series but I really love D.Gray-man and Hunter x Hunter too; they have over 100 episodes. :heartublob:

You caught me
1243.jpg
I love stalking you - seal with it!!! :angry:

alsdkfj ikr, Your Name is especially so beautifully made. I was so taken by the whole animation :wow: Romance isn't usually my go-to but this one made me soft :weep:

Wait...I might've seen a bit of Death Parade and liked it :poggers: Thanks for the recs, Baemax!!! Think I'll start with ERASED since the plot sounds interesting :bakacat:

welcome Stanniee!! :poggers: what genres do you usually like?

Thank you, soozie :LovePar: My favorite genres are somewhere along the line of suspense, mystery, investigation, etc, even though I'd get scared afterward:poggers: So something like Death Note. When I was still a manga reader, I liked reading about sports and food as well :RunPar:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
yes, the nanika/alluka arc is very unsettling! but in contrast lol, yes, killua and alluka's relationship is so cute indeed, it made me so tenderhearted :peepoblanket:

same. although it had some great storytelling, i also felt it was probably longer than it needed to be :youdontsay:
I just felt so bad for Alluka being locked up :peepoblanket:

fr... I think it takes up around 60 episodes and I thought the part with the king was a separate arc but it was still the same one!!

so do i! i have some thread ideas actually that i haven't done anything with, but also, sometimes i'm confused about whether i should put it in the anime & manga section... or the japanese discussions thread? maybe i shouldn't other think it though and if mods wanna move it later, they can

yeah, here's hoping! :TipPar:

Right, the on-going subthreads is kinda sad to look at jakhsdfa I wanted to reply to some threads in there but :TzuyuKek:
I would say put it in Anime & Manga section since the Japanese Discussion sub-thread is for more general stuff!

You caught me
1243.jpg
I love stalking you - seal with it!!! :angry:

alsdkfj ikr, Your Name is especially so beautifully made. I was so taken by the whole animation :wow: Romance isn't usually my go-to but this one made me soft :weep:

Wait...I might've seen a bit of Death Parade and liked it :poggers: Thanks for the recs, Baemax!!! Think I'll start with ERASED since the plot sounds interesting :bakacat:
Can't wait to see you in the Genshin Impact thread next then :angry:

Yeah, I'm not too big on romance but it had the right amount in it :heartublob:
and np, it was a while back when I watched it but I remember being gripped by the story

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Edited: we'd trynna watch something together someday :bakacat:

Can't wait to see you in the Genshin Impact thread next then :angry:

Yeah, I'm not too big on romance but it had the right amount in it :heartublob:
and np, it was a while back when I watched it but I remember being gripped by the story

Tempting :brbdying: adfgh you know how i usually sleep early but these past week ive been staying up so late to watch these animes. Don't get me addicted to one more thing!!! :palmad:

So I'm halfway through Erased now and it's good!! I enjoy suspense like this. Shall finish it by tonight :poggers:

Last edited:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,567
Violet Evergarden was an amazing watch :sejeongcry: Visually pleasing, good music, and I especially love the emotions study aspect of it :shablob:

Good rec, @zoo :poggers:
i remember taking an anime hiatus for a couple of years and the anime that broke my hiatus was violet evergarden - made me cry like 3 different times! lmao
it's a good one, i'm glad you enjoyed!

milkshrine

girl group stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭16,000
smu !! :]
Name: seph
Favorite Anime: jormungand, princess tutu, dorohedoro, yama no susume, claymore, dr. stone
Favorite Manga: innocent, witch hat atelier, maiko-san chi no makanai-san, kakegurui, sugar sugar rune
Favorite Characters: yumeko jabami, chocolat meilleure, gen asagiri
Birthday: sep 12

also feel free to add me on mal !! ➥ milkshrine

Last edited:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
Favorite Anime: jormungand, princess tutu, dorohedoro, yama no susume, claymore, dr. stone
Favorite Manga: innocent, witch hat atelier, maiko-san chi no makanai-san, kakegurui, sugar sugar rune

YES to Dr. Stone; it's a really refreshing story! And Gen is a fun character, he's a bit of a snake but in a good way :hehe:

Dorohedoro is one of the series I'm planning to watch next, though when I first saw the horror tag on it, it was a nope for me, but I've heard good thing about it and it's not actually scary ajskhfda

milkshrine

girl group stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭16,000
YES to Dr. Stone; it's a really refreshing story! And Gen is a fun character, he's a bit of a snake but in a good way :hehe:

Dorohedoro is one of the series I'm planning to watch next, though when I first saw the horror tag on it, it was a nope for me, but I've heard good thing about it and it's not actually scary ajskhfda
i wasnt really expecting much from dr stone but after i finished it i fell in love and forced my little siblings to watch it with me :bakacat: gen is defo my fav, i just thinks hes neat :]

i highly recommend dorohedoro, the characters and universe are so unique and interesting, its so good !!! its definitely got some dark humor and violence but i would agree that its not rly scary, i watched it with my little siblings and they were fine with it

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,567

hello & welcome!! i've added you to the OP

tenor.gif

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
i wasnt really expecting much from dr stone but after i finished it i fell in love and forced my little siblings to watch it with me :bakacat: gen is defo my fav, i just thinks hes neat :]

i highly recommend dorohedoro, the characters and universe are so unique and interesting, its so good !!! its definitely got some dark humor and violence but i would agree that its not rly scary, i watched it with my little siblings and they were fine with it
Same here, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did but it's one of the few newer series that I reaaaally like! Stone Wars had me in tears at the end over the "final" talk between Tsukasa and Senkuu. And then when the villagers were heading to the cave but the old people were telling the others to leave them behind bc they would slow them down. My weak heart hhh :sejeongcry:

I also saw that you've read The Promised Neverland manga?
I recently finished reading it but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the ending...

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
I also saw that you've read The Promised Neverland manga?
I recently finished reading it but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the ending...

Is it bad or?! :sejeongcry: I just finished watching season 1 the other day and loved it so much. Was planning to watch season 2 soon.

Top Bottom