✽ The Anime & Manga Club! ✽

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
Is it bad or?! :sejeongcry: I just finished watching season 1 the other day and loved it so much. Was planning to watch season 2 soon.

It's not bad, it was actually a really happy ending but I just felt like it kinda defeated the whole purpose of what Emma did?

The first season is amazing but the second season has received bad reviews. I think most of those reviews are from people who read the manga; they say that it skips a lot of content (around 100 chapters) and important characters so idk what it's like. You might enjoy it though?

milkshrine

girl group stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭16,000
Same here, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did but it's one of the few newer series that I reaaaally like! Stone Wars had me in tears at the end over the "final" talk between Tsukasa and Senkuu. And then when the villagers were heading to the cave but the old people were telling the others to leave them behind bc they would slow them down. My weak heart hhh :sejeongcry:

I also saw that you've read The Promised Neverland manga?
I recently finished reading it but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the ending...
i finished the promised neverland recently as well ! and yeah imo i think the ending was a little anti-climactic, it felt kinda rushed in a way ? idkk

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
i finished the promised neverland recently as well ! and yeah imo i think the ending was a little anti-climactic, it felt kinda rushed in a way ? idkk

In a way, I kinda wish that Emma and the others didn't reunite in the end bc it just made the wish she made less... impactful?

But yeah, there was so much that could've been added or developed but it all went by so fast ajkhdaf and pretty much everything went according to plan so there weren't that many plot twists or shocking moments which I would've liked to see more tbh - like you said, quite anti-climatic!

I did like how everything came back in a full circle and they ended up back on Grace Field, it was pretty bittersweet when Isabella and the other mothers betrayed Peter Ratri, and then all the children still referred to her as Mother despite everything that happened. THEN SHE DIED... :peepoblanket:

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,167
Happy Birthday, @Mimi!

3ee014f1ca84605dec4ad71591917285.gif

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,167
I was watching AOT second season but I've been so busy with events that I had to abandon it :viva: Will resume my weeb journey after the event :TipPar:
is okay, no need to binge it if you're preoccupied! :yoosmile: i love AOT, though - it's one of my favorites! hope you've been enjoying it

any thoughts you'd like to share? favorite characters? etc.

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
is okay, no need to binge it if you're preoccupied! :yoosmile: i love AOT, though - it's one of my favorites! hope you've been enjoying it

any thoughts you'd like to share? favorite characters? etc.

Yess, it's really good! Frankly, at this point idek what my favorite anime is anymore since the ones I've got to watch have been great :bakacat:

First thought when watching the first episode: :noooo::noooo::noooo:

I'm pretty weak-hearted when it comes to gore so those first scenes were alkfjds Anywho, I tried to stomach through and wasn't disappointed. The plot was gripping so I could forgive the fact that Eren annoyed the heck out of me :poggers: My favorite characters so far would prolly be Levi ('cause he's cool) and Sasha ('cause she made me laugh). Hange was hilarious as well :lurk1:

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭99,133
Yess, it's really good! Frankly, at this point idek what my favorite anime is anymore since the ones I've got to watch have been great :bakacat:

I'm pretty weak-hearted when it comes to gore so those first scenes were alkfjds Anywho, I tried to stomach through and wasn't disappointed. The plot was gripping so I could forgive the fact that Eren annoyed the heck out of me :poggers: My favorite characters so far would prolly be Levi ('cause he's cool) and Sasha ('cause she made me laugh). Hange was hilarious as well :lurk1:
glad you're enjoying it :wow: AOT is a great show, the plot is so interesting and intense, and you can never expect what's gonna happen or who's gonna die next.

And yess, I think Levi is the fan favorite! Hange is also my fav cause she's just fun and insane lol.

As for Eren... he has his cool moments but yeah he can get annoying a lot nfwkef. Took me 3 seasons to warm up to him :jinjudge:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,167

like @zoo said, pretty much everyone and their mother loves Levi me including, so that doesn't surprise me :doge:

but yeah! glad to hear it! i don't know what else i can really say aside from echoing @zoo's thoughts and yours - i just love the intensity of the anime a lot in particular :catpopcorn: in the meantime, be careful of spoilers if you can manage it :HidePar:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
glad you're enjoying it :wow: AOT is a great show, the plot is so interesting and intense, and you can never expect what's gonna happen or who's gonna die next.

And yess, I think Levi is the fan favorite! Hange is also my fav cause she's just fun and insane lol.

As for Eren... he has his cool moments but yeah he can get annoying a lot nfwkef. Took me 3 seasons to warm up to him :jinjudge:

Yeah, honestly, I was shocked at some deaths cuz I didn't expect them to just drop like flies like that. Like the 4 in the Levi's squad aidjdj I hope some of my favorites wont die :jinjudge:

I guess that's what makes Eren the main character. He has a lot of room for development and such

OT, but soozie you're so close to VIP ajdhjsk Just 4 more posts :poggers::okbye:

like @zoo said, pretty much everyone and their mother loves Levi me including, so that doesn't surprise me :doge:

but yeah! glad to hear it! i don't know what else i can really say aside from echoing @zoo's thoughts and yours - i just love the intensity of the anime a lot in particular :catpopcorn: in the meantime, be careful of spoilers if you can manage it :HidePar:

Thanks for the warning. I'll try my best to keep away from spoilers :pepesanta:Will be back with additional thoughts once I've finished the whole anime.

Last edited:

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭99,133
Yeah, honestly, I was shocked at some deaths cuz I didn't expect them to just drop like flies like that. Like the 4 in the Levi's squad aidjdj I hope some of my favorites wont die :jinjudge:

I guess that's what makes Eren the main character. He has a lot of room for development and such

OT, but soozie you're so close to VIP ajdhjsk Just 4 more posts :poggers::okbye:

Thanks for the warning. I'll try my best to keep away from spoilers :pepesanta:Will be back with additional thoughts once I've finished the whole anime.
which season are you on now?
also yesss, i finally made it to VIP+ :RunPar:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,167
new summer anime starts in roughly 1-2 weeks! anyone have anything they're going to try? i'll for sure be starting the second cour of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 once i'm caught up with what is already out, and then The Case Study of Vanitas, too :catpopcorn: anything else i start will just be random whims or if other people recommend them

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
new summer anime starts in roughly 1-2 weeks! anyone have anything they're going to try? i'll for sure be starting the second cour of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 once i'm caught up with what is already out, and then The Case Study of Vanitas, too :catpopcorn: anything else i start will just be random whims or if other people recommend them

So far I only plan to watch The Case Study of Vanitas! :poggers:

Recently I've been reading Oyasumi Punpun because of the high ratings it has on MAL so I wanted to check it out to see the hype (as I always do with popular/high rated series ajsdkhfa) but I don't think it's for me; I'm trying to power through it since I'm already on chapter 80. Like, there are some parts that make me think about stuff on a deeper level but maybe because you can see certain aspects of your life in it/relatable irl, that it kinda puts me off it...

I guess you could say I enjoy series that have that element of escapism in it. :youdontsay:

Last edited:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,167
So far I only plan to watch The Case Study of Vanitas! :poggers:

Recently I've been reading Oyasumi Punpun because of the high ratings it has on MAL so I wanted to check it out to see the hype (as I always do with popular/high rated series ajsdkhfa) but I don't think it's for me; I'm trying to power through it since I'm already on chapter 80. Like, there are some parts that make me think about stuff on a deeper level but maybe because you can see certain aspects of your life in it/relatable irl, that it kinda puts me off it...

I guess you could say I enjoy series that have that element of escapism in it. :youdontsay:
nice, nice! :catpopcorn:

ahh, i've heard of that one! tbh always was under the impression it would be wildly unsettling and depressing, but i don't even know what it's actually about so xD

tokyo revengers who watch/read?

actually i just watched i should read the manga :TzuyuKek:
@Drew has watched it! :catpopcorn:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,167
already wished you a happy belated birthday on discord, but here's a post for whenever you might come back again! @Egoísta
tenor.gif

Top Bottom