【 Not Shy 】ITZY Sales & Achievements Official Thread

🔹 MAYUKA 🔹

𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓙𝓲𝓱𝔂𝓸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭110,655
The drop on melon is very concerning. Looks like GP isn't in love with this one. Where it sits today will give us a good idea if it will hold, rise or continue downward.
Yeah I didn’t want to say anything and just enjoy all the content we’re getting but I’m pretty bummed out not gonna lie lol. The reception is a lot worse compared to dalla dalla :/

And seeing how many #1s they snatched yesterday makes me imagine if the song was better received it probably would be doing a lot better and be more stable.

Hopefully their performances can help it rise tho. Anyways I do hope JYP learns from this. Their first comeback was crucial and he pretty much ruined the hype they got from dalla dalla.

Last edited:

AegyoInTheStreets

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,675
Hopefully jyp will never hire/work with these euro people who make songs for SM ever again.

At least they're gonna have at least one more comeback this year. They should push out a repackage asap.

Y

Yeddong

Knowing the history of JYP sales on Gaon with their groups, I believe that ITZY sales will be around 50k copies. In general, JYP groups have twice the sales on Gaon than in Hanteo, so if they have 25k copies, they will most likely have 50k in Gaon.

munyuna

孟美岐 ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,585
first day sales were really unexciting but the real surprise here is that they're keeping it steady instead of having a drop (i imagined the rest of the week to be around 4-1k). and thats how they'll manage to get +30k in their first week afterall. good job girls :shablob:

as for the song, idk but it has the very same vibe as dalla dalla to me so i don't think it's a drastic change. it's still fresh and catchy. maybe icy will have dalla dalla's longevity as well

Dollface

5HINing Shawol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,695
first day sales were really unexciting but the real surprise here is that they're keeping it steady instead of having a drop (i imagined the rest of the week to be around 4-1k). and thats how they'll manage to get +30k in their first week afterall. good job girls :shablob:

as for the song, idk but it has the very same vibe as dalla dalla to me so i don't think it's a drastic change. it's still fresh and catchy. maybe icy will have dalla dalla's longevity as well
I think sales are so steady because they started announcing fansigns this week.

AegyoInTheStreets

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,675
unknown.png

Does anyone else think this is shady? We already got news this year of Melon upto shady shit so it isn't conspiracy theory stuff here. But I've never seen such a large discrepancy between melon and genie. The lesser charts, yeah because far fewer people use them and they're much easlier to manipulate for fandoms, but Genie actually has people using it, so what's going on with Melon?

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
unknown.png

Does anyone else think this is shady? We already got news this year of Melon upto shady shit so it isn't conspiracy theory stuff here. But I've never seen such a large discrepancy between melon and genie. The lesser charts, yeah because far fewer people use them and they're much easlier to manipulate for fandoms, but Genie actually has people using it, so what's going on with Melon?

I was always curious about the demographics of the different streaming service. As the largest streaming service, Melon I thought they just have the largest population of non-idol music fans. Right now the entire top of the chart are ballads/western music/OSTs. It's just harder for idol music to survive unless it's from a top top artist or the song really connects with the public for some reason.

I think it's pretty easy to tell when fandoms are doing the repeated streaming. A song will be much higher real time than the daily chart where they look a unique listeners per 24 hours. Take a look at where Kang Daniel's songs are on the ichartz. Interesting case study. On the mnet service his title track is #1 while on many services it's below 50.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
unknown.png

Does anyone else think this is shady?
We already got news this year of Melon upto shady shit so it isn't conspiracy theory stuff here. But I've never seen such a large discrepancy between melon and genie. The lesser charts, yeah because far fewer people use them and they're much easlier to manipulate for fandoms, but Genie actually has people using it, so what's going on with Melon?
Not really

Top Bottom