【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
They've built their own bubble in AKP where BP is bigger than Twice. They really think more people thinking that way changes bigger reality.
Look at the poll https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/whos-the-most-popular-girl-group-rn-twice-or-blackpink.296920/
It is not even funny how convinced they are that BP's few fans here and there in the west make it comparable to Twice's popularity in Japan and Taiwan where they are recognize by everyone. BP themselves are bigger in Japan than they are in any other country with little Kpop interest.
Jennie winning beauty polls against Sana and Tzuyu, another perfect example of the bubble they've built there.
They are also using that same shear number force to play victim and make Onces seem troublemakers. 5 blinks invading every Twice achievement thread are getting unnoticed while Onces have to explain every time why are they replying to a BP thread where there is an obvious veiled shade against Twice.
The Jennie threads were strange and annoying as they were fair for a bit but suddenly about 50 new accounts were made in a day and all voted for Jennie-of course calling this out caused the mods to do what they always do and delete the post and ban anyone pointing it out. Iirc a user made a poll shortly after with Jennie vs Sana but unlike the other ones the poll wasn't anonymous and everyone could see Jennie had a bunch of votes from brand new accounts..

But in reality that is the level of that website-I really couldn't be bother with them. They only care about trolling, fighting, being delusional and all the negative aspects of Kpop for that matter and it's really a terrible place. Much happier being away from it these days. It'll never end, no matter what they'll always revert to type and try to push agendas or play the victim.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
The Jennie threads were strange and annoying as they were fair for a bit but suddenly about 50 new accounts were made in a day and all voted for Jennie-of course calling this out caused the mods to do what they always do and delete the post and ban anyone pointing it out. Iirc a user made a poll shortly after with Jennie vs Sana but unlike the other ones the poll wasn't anonymous and everyone could see Jennie had a bunch of votes from brand new accounts..

But in reality that is the level of that website-I really couldn't be bother with them. They only care about trolling, fighting, being delusional and all the negative aspects of Kpop for that matter and it's really a terrible place. Much happier being away from it these days. It'll never end, no matter what they'll always revert to type and try to push agendas or play the victim.
It was certainly always like that but whenever I thought it can't get worse it did. Now blinks, reveluvs and moos or whatever the fandom name is are pushing the whole Jennie, Irene and Hwasa IT girl bullshit. As if you only need fangirls to be considered IT. All of them combined literally have less male fans than Nayeon or Sana. Nayeon overall Gallup rankings through years is better than any of them. But apparently those who get solo CFs, which is just JYP's own choice not to do, makes them IT girls. And there are always nice "onces" who'd agree with them.

Whatever people say, Onces are most down to earth, relatively speaking. We don't claim what we don't have at least.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
She seemed chill on OH because she registered on AKP during D4 and was releasing all toxicity there :D Since D4 all blinks migrated there and most Onces left or became inactive.

Teddy and quality stopped being synonims long time ago. You must be trolling with this

I can't imagine teddy writing something as lazy and bland as more and more. Even if things don't go his way, dude is always capable of plagiarizing some catchy tune.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Teddy hasn't made good music in years

If we're being honest, the best gg comeback this year is Apink's and unsurprisingly it's BEP. They are the most reliable.

Before when I was all over Twice trying as many different sounds as possible, I was down for all kinds of different established producers, but the next one I just need to hit somewhat so I'm all for going back to BEP. They know Twice better than any producer and I have no confidence in JYPE going with a new producer and JYP not thinking he needs to be involved for whatever reason.

I'm never getting duped by JYPE flaunting producers and the involvement of Grammy nominees again. Republic put them on their for show for whatever reason because there's no way multiple people listen to More & More and think it' s a hit.

Also AKP is an odd forum to browse.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Teddy hasn't made good music in years

If we're being honest, the best gg comeback this year is Apink's and unsurprisingly it's BEP. They are the most reliable.

Before when I was all over Twice trying as many different sounds as possible, I was down for all kinds of different established producers, but the next one I just need to hit somewhat so I'm all for going back to BEP. They know Twice better than any producer and I have no confidence in JYPE going with a new producer and JYP not thinking he needs to be involved for whatever reason.

I'm never getting duped by JYPE flaunting producers and the involvement of Grammy nominees again. Republic put them on their for show for whatever reason because there's no way multiple people listen to More & More and think it' s a hit.

Also AKP is an odd forum to browse.
Pretty much this post. Yeah I want a familiar producer next time like BEP or just someone who knows TWICE and know what the fans want and how to get the best out of them. Not some left over track picked at and rejected by a few 'grammy nominee' producers...stuff your grammy's to be honest and give me producers and composer that know Kpop.

Also yeah AKP is just a shit hole...it's like endless bad trolling and agenda driving between the same 20-30 users everyday. Almost every other thread is some kind of list or vs or an attempt to over/under play a group just to tickle egos or wind people up. I really don't get how it's still popular.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Couple of years ago it was announced that BEP guys are preparing their own gg. Even had office rented for that purpose and showed it on TV or smth. Seems like they didn't succeed.

An example that great producer is not automatically great manager/enterpreneur. Only JYP is capable to be good at everything: from choreography creation to composing, from lyrics writing to managing long-term promotional projects.

NamieKnowles

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,085
I know you ain't just saying JYP good at managing long term projects when the man himself is infamously bad at doing just that. Hell the company themselves are bad at doing that with the treatment TWICE has been receiving.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Couple of years ago it was announced that BEP guys are preparing their own gg. Even had office rented for that purpose and showed it on TV or smth. Seems like they didn't succeed.

An example that great producer is not automatically great manager/enterpreneur. Only JYP is capable to be good at everything: from choreography creation to composing, from lyrics writing to managing long-term promotional projects.
JYP is good but also hugely lacking in some areas. He has always had trouble when groups became big-he struggles to maintain that and to push them further and further. He also has 0 ability to push or manage individual members and that's a massive weakness.
We see that with Twice already some of the individual fame has been falling and has done so since probably 2017.

The fact he secured almost 0 promo or opportunities for some of the member in Korea or Japan is a bit shocking to me...I mean it's great that it's promoted Twice as a strong brand-but as a group it's naive to think they will be around for ever and in all likely hood when Twice wind down most members will still be in their 20's with almost 0 solo promotional opportunities awaiting them post Twice...as due to JYP marketing their individual brand are weak.

I think JYP has mismanaged a lot of his groups in the past and pretty much been a disaster for his solos. He has done a lot of great things and his vision has carried his groups-but a lot is down to luck and timing too. He leaves a lot to be desired to be honest.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Seems like all my sarcasm attempts in this thread ended up being tragic.

Anyway, I like everything BEP did for TWICE a lot, but theirs Chungha, Apink, WJSN stuff never really impressed me to be frank. I don't know if it was perfect song choice on JYPE side or was it BEP descicion to give their best material to TWICE or we were just extremely lucky - it's not like I'm 100% sure BEP will deliver no matter what.

What I'm 100% sure about is that in the long run, good song-picking from agency is much more important than just hiring grammy-nominated composers\BEP\Teddy\anyone else and saying "go write us a hit".

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400
Who did the God's Menu MV of Stray kids?? Why cant JYPE make a cool MV for Twice too??

Anyway to make this post relevant to the sales thread, how do you guys think will Spotify in SK affect the digital sales of Twice?

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Who did the God's Menu MV of Stray kids?? Why cant JYPE make a cool MV for Twice too??

Anyway to make this post relevant to the sales thread, how do you guys think will Spotify in SK affect the digital sales of Twice?

God's Menu as well as Somi new video are the best MVs of 2020.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I don't watch or care for MV's but the lack of quality/spend is just pervasive when it comes to Twice which is what I find most frustrating. Twice are so incredibly spread thin over so many promotions (SK and Japan) that they rarely get moments of quality, as they need to do bits of everything to get money in for JYP as their main source of income.

It won't happen, but the day JYPE treat Twice as anything other than cash-cows and put some thought into their promotions and direction, will be a good day.

With regards to Spotify, I doubt it can take off. All the major labels have interests/investments with either Flo (JYP, SM and BH) or Vibe (YG) so when it comes to licensing I can imagine it being difficult. SK is fairly nationalistic, like a lot of East Asia as well, so like how most still use Samsung phones, I can't imagine loads of people switching to Spotify even if they did get licensing. If they did, the impact would be more seen on the global side as people have no idea how crazy Korean fans are when it comes to streaming. Anticipate a lot more Kpop songs on global spotify.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845

A guy called Bang Jea Yeob. As far as I know he's not part of NIAVE Creative Productions who typically do JYPE MV's (tho I could be mistaken).

He works a lot in CF's and with SM artist most of the time as well as a few times with Crush.

Aslo on the Spotify point I agree with @NewUser so much of the music rights are wrapped up currently with so many companies in the Korean entertainment industry it makes no sense for them to license share with Spotify.

CJ ENM, Kakao, Naver and all the big 3 companies + Big Hit all directly own or invest in one of the major music services in Korea currently so financially it would be a blow to them for Spotify to take a large slice of the market and I really can't see them helping Spotify do that by license sharing.

I think it will be similar to how Spotify is in Japan and will really be a minor player.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Even though it is susceptible to bias and inaccuracy like any other survey, I'm curious how Gallup will come out this year. More so if OMG make an appearance or if RV or BP leap frog Twice.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Even though it is susceptible to bias and inaccuracy like any other survey, I'm curious how Gallup will come out this year. More so if OMG make an appearance or if RV or BP leap frog Twice.
Yeah maybe. Wouldn't be surprised to be honest. BP just had a big song during Gallup polling so it's a real good chance and sadly JYPE kind of wasted TWICE for the first 6 months of the years and did fuck all with them....literally nothing in way of promo. Than M&M sadly happened and well that's proved to be flatter than a fucking OMG b-side. So yeah.

It's honestly sad and embarrassing to say that in the first half of the year TWICE would have been known to the public just cos of their past work and a couple of high profile controversy(and yes to the Once who deny it they were very public) so that's pretty much the only thing keeping them relevant from Jan to May.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Yeah maybe. Wouldn't be surprised to be honest. BP just had a big song during Gallup polling so it's a real good chance and sadly JYPE kind of wasted TWICE for the first 6 months of the years and did fuck all with them....literally nothing in way of promo. Than M&M sadly happened and well that's proved to be flatter than a fucking OMG b-side. So yeah.

It's honestly sad and embarrassing to say that in the first half of the year TWICE would have been known to the public just cos of their past work and a couple of high profile controversy(and yes to the Once who deny it they were very public) so that's pretty much the only thing keeping them relevant from Jan to May.

Yeah I'm semi expecting either BP or both RV/BP to be ahead of Twice this time around and it's going to make so many sites unbearable lmao

Was checking digital scores and in this same week Feel Special and M&M basically had the same at around 16m, so even though it peaked higher due to the hype of a long period out the song is falling back into line with FS, so digitally very below average considering FS is their worst charting title so far.

I always felt this was a very important year for Twice long term (most important comebacks since post-Cheer Up when we were hoping they could maintain the momentum) as there were so many things happening/changing and JYPE have made such a hash of it all.

Sad thing is with the decisions we've been seeing over the last 12 months from JYPE I don't have any confidence in them managing to build it back up again. So as much as I'm looking forward to new music from them as I always am, I'm also not looking forward to the potential of another title track I dislike. This comeback just came and went for me so quickly as I watched the MV a few times, 2/3 stages and that was it, and that's two comebacks in a row now. Everything else was just b-sides on Spotify so you just miss the uniqueness that kpop gives you through stages and whatnot. If it's three times in a row I can see my interest in kpop as a whole just dwindling.

Really hoping the next few decisions they make are the right ones.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah I'm semi expecting either BP or both RV/BP to be ahead of Twice this time around and it's going to make so many sites unbearable lmao

Was checking digital scores and in this same week Feel Special and M&M basically had the same at around 16m, so even though it peaked higher due to the hype of a long period out the song is falling back into line with FS, so digitally very below average considering FS is their worst charting title so far.

I always felt this was a very important year for Twice long term (most important comebacks since post-Cheer Up when we were hoping they could maintain the momentum) as there were so many things happening/changing and JYPE have made such a hash of it all.

Sad thing is with the decisions we've been seeing over the last 12 months from JYPE I don't have any confidence in them managing to build it back up again. So as much as I'm looking forward to new music from them as I always am, I'm also not looking forward to the potential of another title track I dislike. This comeback just came and went for me so quickly as I watched the MV a few times, 2/3 stages and that was it, and that's two comebacks in a row now. Everything else was just b-sides on Spotify so you just miss the uniqueness that kpop gives you through stages and whatnot. If it's three times in a row I can see my interest in kpop as a whole just dwindling.

Really hoping the next few decisions they make are the right ones.
Yeah agreed. In late 2019 and so far in 2020 JYPE and TWICE have pretty much dropped the ball and when that happens in a fast moving industry someone is always ready to pick i up.

JYPE has already shown their response tho after a massively lacklustre title what the companies intention was when the announced an online concert, new merch line and a fucking compilation album all in the same week...it's clearly milk milk milk and move on...

Can't even explain my frustration.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Yeah agreed. In late 2019 and so far in 2020 JYPE and TWICE have pretty much dropped the ball and when that happens in a fast moving industry someone is always ready to pick i up.

JYPE has already shown their response tho after a massively lacklustre title what the companies intention was when the announced an online concert, new merch line and a fucking compilation album all in the same week...it's clearly milk milk milk and move on...

Can't even explain my frustration.

Yeah with BP also having a release in August it looks like, Mamamoo coming back with a feature on Rain's new track pretty soon after a bunch of solos, RV with their sub-units, OST's and shows - Twice/JYPE being left in the dirt as all they try and do is push more and more core fandom based content to try and milk as much as they can. Sad state of affairs.

With 9 members you really had the opportunity to spread your activity over multiple avenues as well, especially as the members tend to shine in different things but nada. Unless it's an OT9 comeback activity you won't hear a peep out of Twice outside of fandom based content like vlives.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah with BP also having a release in August it looks like, Mamamoo coming back with a feature on Rain's new track pretty soon after a bunch of solos, RV with their sub-units, OST's and shows - Twice/JYPE being left in the dirt as all they try and do is push more and more core fandom based content to try and milk as much as they can. Sad state of affairs.

With 9 members you really had the opportunity to spread your activity over multiple avenues as well, especially as the members tend to shine in different things but nada. Unless it's an OT9 comeback activity you won't hear a peep out of Twice outside of fandom based content like vlives.
Yeah exactly. Beyond comeback seasons(which are increasingly rare now) every bit of activity TWICE have is solely for the existing fans, which is great as it helps maintain and keep us all well fed, but surely peppered among that fandom content it couldn't hurt to have more public focused activities too, just to keep the members and group on peoples tongue.

I mean 6 months with pretty much 0 promo is crazy....you want to wake up in backwards land? Well in a month BP will have more comebacks in 2020 than TWICE....lmao. The most inactive group now having more comebacks than TWICE....like, what?

The problem is JYPE refusal to let groups step on each others toes a bit. Him delaying ITZY's Summer comeback so he can have one is a big fat joke as the knock on effect now means whoever was scheduled to comeback after ITZY has likely been knocked back too....

So TWICE probably wont even get another comeback until December(since Niziu in November, Twice3 September) that means pretty much ITZY, SK, G7, D6 and TWICE will all be squeezed in to September-Early November, if they even get comebacks.

Top Bottom