šŸŽ¬šŸæ The Netplus & Chill Club šŸ“ŗ šŸ›‹ļø

boo

*ĀØ*ā€¢.ĀøĀøą¬Ŗą¬“ VIP+ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­1,415,409
Have you tried The Tale of Rose, boo? :think:Tis not my recommendation but my baby sis has been gushing over this drama (and she knows way more than me when it comes to c-dramas).

For TVB, this is reeeally old but it's called Return of the Cuckoo (the 2000 drama, not the remake). It's a really touching drama about a so-thought unrequited love. But more than that, it's also about familial love and such:peepoblanket: The male MC has superb acting and is so cute in here (he's old now). I saw that youtube has the full drama but you said you don't understand canto (is this canto)?

I have heard of it but I havenā€™t tried it. I do like Liu Yi Fei though, she is so pretty :wow: i guess i could give it a chance.
yup that one is canto, I understand some mandarin but i still need eng subtitles. sometimes i even need eng sub for eng shows :palcry: I will look if it has eng sub somewhere.

I've never even watched Sex and the City asgshj :marge: Just from the title alone, you'd know it's not for someone prim and proper like me :blushblob:
:modcheck: who? i donā€™t see anyone prim and proper here

Stannie

ā™« All that I'm after is a life full of laughter ā™«
Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­719,601
I have heard of it but I havenā€™t tried it. I do like Liu Yi Fei though, she is so pretty :wow: i guess i could give it a chance.
yup that one is canto, I understand some mandarin but i still need eng subtitles. sometimes i even need eng sub for eng shows :palcry: I will look if it has eng sub somewhere.

Ikr?! Sheā€™s one of the prettiest actresses I've ever seen. Have you watched her Return of the Condor Heroes :wow: her acting is ok but i heard she's improved a lot here. And this is a "reversed harem" so you might like it cuz visual visual :lurk2:

Ahhh, okay. I normally just watch Vietnamese dub for all these dramas so i couldn't tell :sweat: Hopefully you can find Eng subs for it but it's so old so might be hard. P.S. What language do you speak :poggers:

who? i donā€™t see anyone prim and proper here

Ya'll love to fantasize me as having some kind of wild lifestyle, but i am a conservative lady! ! :angry:My friend said im the only Murican she knows who's never even watched 50 shades :feelsblankie:

• Popcorn
Reactions: boo

soozie

āœ“ļøŽ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­1,007,033
yes, i love documentaries!

Light & Magic (on Disney+) is about the creation of special visual effects! initially, it will be a lot about Star Wars since George Lucas/Lucasfilm is basically who pioneered it, but it shows how it would go on to shape many other things, such as Jurassic Park and all of the Pixar movies! it's incredibly well done

The Imagineering Story (on Disney+) is basically the story of the Disney parks, starting all the way from the beginning! much like the Light & Magic documentary, it has so much charm and heart

The Last Dance (on Netflix) is a great sports documentary! i'm not incredibly invested in sports, but the story about the all-star team of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pipen, Dennis Rodman and so on so forth (the Chicago Bulls basketball team) at the height of their fame was a lot of fun

CNN has a documentary series (on HBO Max) where each decade (i think starting at the 60s? and going all the way to the 2000s) is given multiple episodes to go over them, such as discussing the political landscape at the time or just discussing what pop culture was like via television and music, and so on! i think some decades and episodes are done better than others, and honestly, not everything covered is always of great interest... but it's definitely an alright option and you can always skip around!
oooh these all sound really great, thanks vampy! :wow:

Not sure what kind of documentary you're interested in, but I've been following this girl's channel who lives in the "coldest place on earth" and she documents her life there. It's pretty interesting

Also, this guy doesn't have a lot of videos but all his documentaries are so interesting to watch. He's traveling to some of the craziest places on earth! i think these would make good conversation starters! :blushblob:

Iā€™ve seen clips from the first girl on Instagram, didnā€™t know she has youtube :poggers:
iā€™ll check out the 2nd guy as well, thanks stannie!

boo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­1,415,409
Ikr?! Sheā€™s one of the prettiest actresses I've ever seen. Have you watched her Return of the Condor Heroes :wow: her acting is ok but i heard she's improved a lot here. And this is a "reversed harem" so you might like it cuz visual visual :lurk2:

Ahhh, okay. I normally just watch Vietnamese dub for all these dramas so i couldn't tell :sweat: Hopefully you can find Eng subs for it but it's so old so might be hard. P.S. What language do you speak :poggers:
omg yes! that was my first drama of her and she was the perfect xiaolongnu :wow: i donā€™t even remember the guy asdfgjhks itā€™s not always about the visualsā€¦ i start with visuals and then i stay for the story :poggers:
I speak English :modcheck: i understand/speak some mandarin and burmese but not the best TT
Ya'll love to fantasize me as having some kind of wild lifestyle, but i am a conservative lady! ! :angry:My friend said im the only Murican she knows who's never even watched 50 shades :feelsblankie:
umm i also didnā€™t watch 50 shades :wherearethelies:

boo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­1,415,409
i canā€™t find Return of the Cuckoo (2000) with eng sub :peepoblanket: if my chinese was better, i couldā€™ve read the chinese subtitle @Stannie

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­719,601
omg yes! that was my first drama of her and she was the perfect xiaolongnu :wow: i donā€™t even remember the guy asdfgjhks itā€™s not always about the visualsā€¦ i start with visuals and then i stay for the story

Yes, it's like she was born for the role! :wow: The guy was Huang Xiaoming iirc? He was too old for the role Yang Gor ajdbdn i actually also really liked the tvb version The Condor Heroes 95. It's old but the actor playing Yang Gor was sooo handsome :blushblob: that xiaolongnu was pretty too

I speak English :modcheck: i understand/speak some mandarin and burmese but not the best TT

I- oops :ShockedPar:

umm i also didnā€™t watch 50 shades :wherearethelies:

We're fated :blushblob:

• Love

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­719,601
i canā€™t find Return of the Cuckoo (2000) with eng sub :peepoblanket: if my chinese was better, i couldā€™ve read the chinese subtitle @Stannie

Aww, all these old dramas are so hard to find eng subs for afshjsj good thing im fluent in another language so i could get around :feelsblankie:

I'm turning in now. I'll see if i can find it for you later :poggers:

• Love

boo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­1,415,409
Yes, it's like she was born for the role! :wow: The guy was Huang Xiaoming iirc? He was too old for the role Yang Gor ajdbdn i actually also really liked the tvb version The Condor Heroes 95. It's old but the actor playing Yang Gor was sooo handsome :blushblob: that xiaolongnu was pretty too

I- oops :ShockedPar:

We're fated :blushblob:
I should watch condor heroes 95! I actually watched legend of condor heroes 1983 back in the day so I should be able to find RoCH 95 with eng sub.

Aww, all these old dramas are so hard to find eng subs for afshjsj good thing im fluent in another language so i could get around :feelsblankie:

I'm turning in now. I'll see if i can find it for you later :poggers:
my language skill :palcry: otherwise i would be fluent in 3 languages

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­94,650
I just realised that Hotel De Luna been released for 5 years already. Been wanting to rewatch it for a very long time :eek:

Tommie

ā€¢ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
āØ­350
Thanks, Tommie! I'll check them out with caution. They all sound so dark and im a wimp :feelsblankie:
You know now that I think about it, the majority of the things I watch are a bit cynical; there's only a handful of shows that are lighthearted.
:noooo:
  • Abbott Elementary
    • If you like how the Office and Parks n Rec are directed then you might like this show. It's a comedic series that follows a group of Philadelphia elementary school teachers who are navigating the challenges of working in an underfunded public school.
  • Derry Girls
    • This show is set in 1990s Northern Ireland (I think). It's a coming-of-age sort of show where we follow these Catholic teens as they're trying to navigate being teenagers (and all the angst that come with) while living in political turmoil
  • Never Have I Ever
    • This is also a coming-of-age show that follows the life of Davi in her quest to not only find love after the death of her father but also for popularity
  • This Is Us
    • I'm not the type of person who cries easily or is emotional but this show made me get a little teary eyed. It explores family dynamics, what it means to have unconditional love, mental illness, and how people deal with loss (in both a physical and mental way). It reminds me a lot of The Haunting of Hill House without the horror elements added to it.
  • Jury Duty
    • This is a mockumentary where Ronald (who's one of the jurors) is the only person unaware that the court case and all of its participants (the judge, the other eight jury members, the attorney, the defense, the plaintiff, the security guard, etc) are fake
  • Riverdale
    • You just have to watch this for yourself because....I have no words...:nayshy:
Abbott Elementary, This is Us, and Jury Duty aren't on Netflix but you can always pirate
:fab:
Such a great list; I've watched a few of these!
:overheat:

I'm a wimp when it comes to anything relating to horror or thriller but the Haunting of Hill House was SO good. I'll have to take a look at Fall of the House of Usher because if it has similar vibes to both Haunting series then I'll probably enjoy it.

Love, Death and Robots!! Jibaro and The Witness were probably my favourite episodes; those two episodes were directed by the same guy too :overheat:

Tommie, have you watched or heard of Girl from Nowhere? I feel like you might enjoy it:think:
It's a Thai series, where the main character, Nanno, is a transfer student who appears in different schools and exposes people and touches on the problems in society. I'm terrible at explaining but it's really good, I promise asjdfhaf - I also recommend this to anyone reading!

And mentioning Thai series - I've only watched two BUT I really enjoyed them, another one I'd recommend is The Judgement (tw: r*pe).
This was the first time that I ever cried (I'm talking actual waterworks and not just getting misty eyed) to a horror series. The ending with Neil especially had me like :tears:
I will say that if you like Edgar Allen Poe and his short stories then you would definitely enjoy The Fall of the House of Usher. However, it is a LOT more gory and uncouth than the other two Haunting series. If I had to rank Mike Flanagan's shows it would be:
  1. The Haunting of Hill House. I honestly don't think he is ever going to top this one
  2. The Fall of the House of Usher. Is interchangeable with #3. It combines three of my favorite things: Edgar Allen Poe
    Succession and Final Destination/Saw
  3. Midnight Mass. Is interchangeable with #2. I loved the theme of religious redemption and the loss of faith. The prose had me swooning too. I have to admit though, that I felt like the story dragged on towards the end.
  4. The Haunting of Bly Manor. I felt like Flanagan was trying to top Hill House but in it the story got lost.
  5. Midnight Club. This one had potential but the acting was...:noooo: and the story-lines were...:noooo:
----------------
Alberto Meigolo sure loves his toxic love story-lines but boy does he know how to tell a captivating story in such a short amount of time
:noooo:
-----------------
Yes, I have seen Girl From Nowhere!
I know that season 2 came out a while ago so I'm planning on watching it after I finish the Evil Dead series
:peepoblanket:
I remember watching it and thinking to myself that Nanno reminds me of one of my favorite horror characters - Tomie Kawakami. Come to find out though that Nanno was inspired by her! You know...now that I'm thinking about it
Nanno is similar to Verna in the Fall of the House of Usher in how they "punish" people

I'm reading the synopsis of The Judgement now and it sounds like my kind of show.
Series that focus on revenge and being petty are *chef's kiss* :covfefe:
There's this Jordanian teen show called AlRawabi School for Girls that also focuses on getting revenge. I like how even though the overarching theme is karma it also touches upon honor killings, the patriarchy, and bullying.
anyone has any interesting documentary recommendations - preferably something not about crimes/murders?

my colleagues only watch love is blind and crime documentaries, and i feel left out cause i like fictional shows! :exit:
What shows do you watch soozie?
:wow:
  • The Toys That Made Us
    • This documentary explores the history and the cultural impact that Barbie, Legos, Transformers, basically any iconic toy brand had on society.
  • My Octopus Teacher
    • This documentary follows Craig Foster as he forms a friendship with an octopus. It really makes you see just how intelligent and resourceful octopi are
    • Foster is a little weird though :exit:
  • Exit Through the Gift Shop
    • A "documentary" (up for debate) on how a film maker who's obsessed with art transforms into an artist himself and ultimately opens up his own art exhibition
  • Console Wars
    • A documentary about the Sega and Nintendo rivalry in the during the 90s
  • Super Size Me
    • This examines the effects that continuous consumption of fast food has on person. I remember watching this in 6th grade science class and for about 3 years I was scared to eat fast food
  • Icarus
    • This one is....wild. It deals with sports doping. This delves into the true-crime category
  • When We Were Kings
    • This focuses on the 1974 boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman
  • Tiger King
    • This is about the world of owning tigers. I recommend to suspend belief because the people in this documentary are.....something else. This also delves into the true-crime category a bit and talks about animal abuse.
yes, i love documentaries!

Light & Magic (on Disney+) is about the creation of special visual effects! initially, it will be a lot about Star Wars since George Lucas/Lucasfilm is basically who pioneered it, but it shows how it would go on to shape many other things, such as Jurassic Park and all of the Pixar movies! it's incredibly well done

The Imagineering Story (on Disney+) is basically the story of the Disney parks, starting all the way from the beginning! much like the Light & Magic documentary, it has so much charm and heart

The Last Dance (on Netflix) is a great sports documentary! i'm not incredibly invested in sports, but the story about the all-star team of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pipen, Dennis Rodman and so on so forth (the Chicago Bulls basketball team) at the height of their fame was a lot of fun

CNN has a documentary series (on HBO Max) where each decade (i think starting at the 60s? and going all the way to the 2000s) is given multiple episodes to go over them, such as discussing the political landscape at the time or just discussing what pop culture was like via television and music, and so on! i think some decades and episodes are done better than others, and honestly, not everything covered is always of great interest... but it's definitely an alright option and you can always skip around!
I second The Last Dance! I was a little unnerved though on how intense (and addicted) Michael Jordan was to winning

Last edited:
Top Bottom