aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,504,964
Pronouns
She/Her
How would you guys feel if the group were on the smaller side, around 4 or 5 members? Not saying this is what I think will happen, just want to get other opinions on the possibility of it happening. 3 girl groups in a row being on the smaller side would be repetitive and frankly quite boring, but I honestly have no idea what direction SM plans on taking the group now, considering we know little to nothing about them. I personally wouldn't mind it, only because I prefer smaller groups anyways, but it would be refreshing to have a bigger girl group come out of SM. It's been 13 years since their last one after all.
If they debut a smaller group....i expect a fair line distribution....

But i still think the group will have 7 members....i don't care if they were 9, but more than 10 is too much for me.

She

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,550
How would you guys feel if the group were on the smaller side, around 4 or 5 members? Not saying this is what I think will happen, just want to get other opinions on the possibility of it happening. 3 girl groups in a row being on the smaller side would be repetitive and frankly quite boring, but I honestly have no idea what direction SM plans on taking the group now, considering we know little to nothing about them. I personally wouldn't mind it, only because I prefer smaller groups anyways, but it would be refreshing to have a bigger girl group come out of SM. It's been 13 years since their last one after all.
I want a big group, but I wouldn't mind a smaller group if they were all decent vocalists - like, as in SNSD's vocal line as a group. My main wish for this group is great vocals, if there's only 1 or 2 like in f(x) and Red Velvet I'll be kind of disappointed (and, yeah, I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too much lol).

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
I wouldn't mind it. Personally I like big (even huge...) groups but it's been a while that I stopped thinking that they will be like 10 members. Until now I imagined them as a group around 7/8 members but since Koeun, Lami and Hina left I'm imagining them more towards a smaller group. So of course I would love a big group, but I've got myself comfortable with the possibility that we might get a small group.

If we do get a small group then I'm expecting a lot from them. I want great vocalists and dancers and no filler members. You can't hide in a small group hence why I hope they will be the best among the best

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
Clearly, the standards for the new girl group are extremely high, given that it's taken them 6 years to come out with a debut, as well as their most well-known trainees leaving. SM wants results and experience isn't going to be enough to guarantee anyone a debut, as we've seen with the Rookies. It's already cut-throat being a trainee under SM, but I think SM is going the extra mile to make sure that every trainee they choose to debut meets their standards in dancing, visuals, singing, etc. This isn't to say they didn't do the same with previous girl groups, but SM knows how hyped people are for a new girl group, so they're going to make sure the best of the best debut so that they can live up to people's expectations.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Honesty I think'll either be 4 or 9+, mid-sized is what everyone's doing at the moment. I personally want a larger group just bc, as you it is kinda boring to have all small groups one after the other plus Izone will leave a gap in that market for the 4th gen. Although admittedly there also aren't 4-member vocal groups either atm which is why 4 is still a strong possibility. It just depends on which space SM thinks they can fill better.

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
I really have no preference, though at the same time I'm expecting a bigger group. I do agree with you in that 3 smaller groups back to back would be boring and just based on the rumoured trainees and the likelihood of those we know being in the lineup, I'm expecting somewhere from 7-13

Liquorish

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,000
At this point I'll take anything as long as we get the girls and the music, but ever since that video of SM acts congratulating BoA where there were like seven women and like forty men, I've been wanting a larger group. I think having ten members would be really interesting, since it's a really dynamic number that's hardly ever used in the industry, and it could make for something we've never seen before from SM.

Hara

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭435,075
does anybody know why everyone is saying that plu left? I mean it was never confirmed that she was IN SM so i'm wondering if now we have proof that she definitely isn't. All i could find is that an "insider" said it but "insider" it's not really a trust worthy person especially in the clown smngg fanbase

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
does anybody know why everyone is saying that plu left? I mean it was never confirmed that she was IN SM so i'm wondering if now we have proof that she definitely isn't. All i could find is that an "insider" said it but "insider" it's not really a trust worthy person especially in the clown smngg fanbase
The source behind rumours she "left" is a Twitter fan account who's a big fan of her and was really rooting for her debut, so I'd assume they have their facts right (plus they're an "insider" and a bit of a creep so they would know...)

I guess we never really had proof she was a trainee there - even I never got solid proof - but I have a feeling she was for a brief time.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
The source behind rumours she "left" is a Twitter fan account who's a big fan of her and was really rooting for her debut, so I'd assume they have their facts right (plus they're an "insider" and a bit of a creep so they would know...)

I guess we never really had proof she was a trainee there - even I never got solid proof - but I have a feeling she was for a brief time.
yeah since it was found that she starred in that dub I was pretty doubtful she was still in, I still think she was a trainee at some point though and I'm glad we got to know about her.

punknight

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,095
This can sound weird but Plu was SO good that I don't think she fits being in a group, members need to have some kinda of balance between them, unless SM had a bunch of main vocalists like her lol. I think she fits better being a soloist

Hara

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭435,075

ah thank you so much we were never really sure that she was in sm so i would have been very suprised to see her in the final lineup but well i hope she does great things in the future because she was really really good

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭509,050
It would be insane if a whole new squad will debut instead of all the trainees SM had before and known from some fans

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
Yeah... I'm definitely not going to believe that one until we get solid proof <3 I also have a feeling that if Ningning left, she would most likely go back to China and get a career there like Yiyang did. She has the talent to debut as a soloist and be successful, which would be unlikely in Korea.

Top Bottom