aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,051,920
My favorites: Drama, Don't Blink, You

Drama is a return to the earlier, energetic styles of Next Level and Savage, but the musical transitions in Drama are a lot smoother. It was a lot easier to digest and appreciate.

Don't Blink: R&B, with vocals from from Giselle and Karina (in addition to Ningning and Winter, of course), is all good.

You: The song itself is just OK, but I really liked the vocal arrangement. Lots of duets and ad libs within. And again, stretches of singing from Giselle and Karina.

I haven't changed my mind about Drama: I don't love it but the instrumental is cool and the chorus is hella catchy so it's a grower (now I like the pre-chorus too)
For the b-sides:
-We already know Don't Blink was good.
-Trick or Trick is my fav from the mini.
- YOLO and HAB: these two aren't my cup of tea.
- You: This is is cute!! I like it.

I don't think I need to go over too much on the previous unreleased concert songs (yolo, HAB, Don't Blink). Since we've heard them for a while now. :pandasantacookie:

But I will say like I mentioned before I realize songs like HAB and Yolo might not be everyone's "cup of tea." But it's nice to show aespa's diversity. Not everything needs to be kwangya related or "in your face". Sometimes it's just nice to listen to a fun, easy "feel good" song :giggle:. And like @dnb said, Drama is a return to their older sound. Since aespa can sing just about anything, I think it's nice they mix it up or else it will just be repetitive like BP music (if you know what I mean).

I think right now Drama to everyone's surprise might be my least or close to it fav on the album. :p That's not to say I don't like it. And it will probably grow on me like Spicy and Girls. at first I just thought "it's ok." but I learned to listen and appreciate the song arangment and vocals. Which I think is why I might be the few who like HAB and Yolo. Just love how they harmonize. It's harder than people think to sing in harmony like that. Kind of reminds me of Red Velvet "Don't you wait no more". Which is another song I feel is underrated/under appreciated.

I knew there would be a song like YOU. gotta show off their vocals and softer side. Overall I think it's solid well balanced Mini. Not as strong as My World but I think most of us knew what to expect so no real surprises. And I do believe these two minis were kinda broken up from a full album that was rumor to be released before the whole delayed/sm/hybe/kakao drama. If you kinda put them together they make quite a awesome full album. But... I'm looking forward to the ae1 next year. They must have a lot of songs they working on. But this will hold me until then. Now we have all the songs from the concert and they can have proper rest until the next comeback :)

So about Karina doing Drama challenge with the former Izone members, it's just a coincidence or they will have a collab too?

-That hair color doesn't suit her, dark colors look better (like in the MV).
- Her lines keep disappearing but if that always going to be the case, at least her screen time in the music video should be bigger.

I think the tiktok collab was just coincidence like all tiktok collabs. They probably just in the right place right time. A lot of them are done backstages where these idols have same schedules. Unless it's like a Somi / Giselle thing. Where they more than likely just hanging out one day and decide to do each other's challenges.

I think she looks fine. I would have liked her keeping the Krystal / Nu Abo nostalgic hairstyle. :)
Krystal-Nu-ABO-f-x-35887574-245-175.gif

But I think she was just having fun with it knowing that it will change. And we don't know. it might still be in a transition stage? Maybe she's planning to go full platinum blonde.:fab: Just like Winter. Her hair was kinda ginger brown? now its like fully Aerial Red :poggers:

what's ironic is that I always see comments that stylist doing giselle dirty by not giving her any different hair color or hairstyle. But Giselle herself says she like her hair simple. And likes it straight. So the one time she changes people has negative opinion about it
:ROFLMAO:

As for "her lines keep disappearing" I really don't pay attention to all that since I'm overall just listening to the song(s). I know there's a lot of YT people who do line distribution videos which I find kinda funny. :ROFLMAO: Like what's the point? Isn't obvious the stronger singers will get more lines. It's like that with Jisoo in BP too. Although I do feel giselle has more to offer. Let's just wait and see. Not every song need to have a rap too. I don't like it when they force a rap line into a song when it's not necessary.

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,051,920
Boycott from Chinese Karina Bar, that's why

yeah. I saw that tweet but I don't think it's entirely accurate.

1. When they posted that it wasn't 24 hours yet. They were still counting with about 6-7 hours left. So not sure what the total count is.
2. if the boycott is true I read it was for stupid reasons. :JudgyDubu:
3. when dealing with printing typos, etc. mistakes will happen. It's unintentional.
4. Do people really think sm has their own printing press and prints the albums themselves?
5. boycotting is stupid. You hurt the idols more than the company. The only exception where boycotting was appropriate was Loona's situation. They filed to leave their company and then the company tried to force them have a comeback. they weren't already getting paid so their fans boycotted to the point where stores listened to their fans to not sell the album. and the comeback got cancelled. But for what this BAR is boycotting is so stupid imo. all it's gonna do is make the girls look like flops.
But I knew something was fishy when I saw on ktown4u the sales moving really slow up to the last minute. And that even RV was selling more. I wondered if people were just buying it from somewhere else? Like me, I had to buy from Amazon. Hopefully that BAR won't sabotage their 1st week sales.

This is the sh*t I gotta deal with. And they don't even give any explanation as to why cuz they want clickbait.
:NayeonDisgust:

Last edited:
Top Bottom