aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­786,500
It's not easy what to think about it, there are many factors. Aespa did so many things in 3 years but I understand why Winter said something was missing. I can see many reasons :

• They debuted at the end of 2020, and unfortunately it was the worst time to debut. Right when the COVID started to get known and then the pandemic in 2021. Groups who debuted during this period can relate. Weeekly didn't get to perform in front of fan since their debut and had to wait 2 years to finally experience it.
  • 8 months between Savage and Girls, 10 between Girls and My World. Usually rookies are more active.
  • Moreover SM didn't let them promote a lot, only the bare minimum, one or two weeks in Music Shows, not much TV shows or variety shows, so they couldn't meet and interact with people in the industry as much as they can. They had to wait until 2022-23 to finally get to collab and befriend with many other idols.
  • 2022 was quite bad when you know their 2021 was really great. And 2022 was huge with GG success and GG competition.
  • They finally experienced some normal promotions with Spicy and Drama but it's "too late", they are in their 3rd year.
  • Some mentionned a burnout, a form of imposter syndrom, a depression, it's possible
  • Despite being 3 years old, the group still feel "new" ?

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­9,045,520
Lot of my albums are starting to arrive! :poggers:

14u4QSX.jpg

mREiaHn.jpg

HCLouhu.jpg

4Vm6Ues.jpg

Last edited:

Bellamy

I'm your worst nightmareγ€° VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­36,775,014
Pronouns
She/Her
  • 8 months between Savage and Girls, 10 between Girls and My World. Usually rookies are more active.
  • Moreover SM didn't let them promote a lot, only the bare minimum, one or two weeks in Music Shows, not much TV shows or variety shows, so they couldn't meet and interact with people in the industry as much as they can. They had to wait until 2022-23 to finally get to collab and befriend with many other idols.
  • 2022 was quite bad when you know their 2021 was really great. And 2022 was huge with GG success and GG competition.
  • They finally experienced some normal promotions with Spicy and Drama but it's "too late", they are in their 3rd year.
I agree.
I still don't know what was the strategy then. It felt like SM was hiding aespa, and giving MYs (and the general public) just the bare minimum.
The main crimes for me: SM didn't promote aenergy or Yeppi Yeppi during Savage era, or Next Level being a hit but they stopped promoting it in music programs.
I don't care about the competition I just want Spicy-level of promotion for the rest of the albums, especially if they are full albums.

Last edited:

kimsguardian

β——β–β―Šβ–„β–Œβ—–β—–β–β―Šβ—– Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
π–π–Šπ–Ž'π–˜ π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™ 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉
Plus Coins
β¨­1,195,849
Pronouns
He/Him

Kim Jin Young aka Dex (a singles inferno 2 contestant)
so, aeri will be participating in the new season of singles inferno?? :hatwhat:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­9,045,520
It's not easy what to think about it, there are many factors. Aespa did so many things in 3 years but I understand why Winter said something was missing. I can see many reasons :

• They debuted at the end of 2020, and unfortunately it was the worst time to debut. Right when the COVID started to get known and then the pandemic in 2021. Groups who debuted during this period can relate. Weeekly didn't get to perform in front of fan since their debut and had to wait 2 years to finally experience it.
  • Some mentionned a burnout, a form of imposter syndrom, a depression, it's possible
  • Despite being 3 years old, the group still feel "new" ?

I agree.
I still don't know what was the strategy then. It felt like SM was hiding aespa, and giving MYs (and the general public) just the bare minimum.
The main crimes for me: SM didn't promote aenergy or Yeppi Yeppi during Savage era, or Next Level being a hit but they stopped promoting it in music programs.
I don't care about the competition I just want Spicy-level of promotion for the rest of the albums, especially if they are full albums.

I haven't watched knowing bros. yet. but I'm sure people are gonna take her words out of context. I doubt she means anything bad. Only that things have been moving fast and maybe they haven't had time to process everything and take time to "smell the roses". Taeyeon has mentioned similar when promoting with snsd. That they were so busy everything went by in a blink of an eye. As soon as they done with one project they already working on the next. ie. korea comeback, japan comeback, tour, music shows, variety shows, smtown.. I mean.. that's all part of being an idol. for fans.. it's great to receive so much content. But if you put yourself in their shoes sometimes life moves too fast to enjoy it. And again, lets not forget they are covid babies. a lot of their promos were restricted and had limitations. no live audiences, no face to face contact with fans, no traveling, no going on shows. I can't think of any other covid idol babies who didn't experience the same hardships. Then we have to add in the sm/hybe/kakao fiasco that didn't help any of them. But since this past year everything is back on track. I don't see anything to complain about. And its amazing how much they have done and accomplished. Obviously we all see that. We are reminded by social media everyday. But in their eyes they might not see it for the reasons I mentioned. That's why sometimes you'll see fans on social media or fansigns etc. ask the idol "did you know you won for (insert name?) And the idol would be surprised. Lol. They are probably the last to know such news cuz of their busy schedules.
I remember when Chen was having a comeback and on his live he read a comment about a fan asking how he felt or something on the teaser release that day. And he turned to the staff and asked "something was released today?" :ROFLMAO: You'd think they know their own schedule of releases right? but not always. They have "bigger" things to worry about. ie. preparing for their cb, fliming and recording stuff, rehearsing etc.

I just don't want people to misinterpret her words and use that as an excuse to downplay their past achievements. I don't see any other 4th gen. gg who has accomplished as much as they have in such a short time of 3 yrs.:cool:

Last edited:

Bellamy

I'm your worst nightmareγ€° VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­36,775,014
Pronouns
She/Her
so, aeri will be participating in the new season of singles inferno??
No, he has a youtube show?

This was an interesting video, Ryowook knows a lot about voices.

Last edited:

kimsguardian

β——β–β―Šβ–„β–Œβ—–β—–β–β―Šβ—– Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
π–π–Šπ–Ž'π–˜ π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™ 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉
Plus Coins
β¨­1,195,849
Pronouns
He/Him
Top Bottom