BUSSING THAILAND (BUS because of you i shine's travel variety show)

Wensuelrene

Fever Season Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭676,670
244511044519405.jpg

Bus Racing Thailand (บัส ซิ่ง ไทยแลนด์) or BUSSING THAILAND is a travel variety program staring the members of BUS because of you i shine. I thought I should post a thread for the show in case anyone wants to STAN. The show is subbed in both English and Chinese so it'll be a great way to get to know the members :heartublob: It airs live on Youtube every Saturday and I'll be posting the full episodes here.

Translated summary from online and OST theme song.
The mission will take you to new experiences. How much fun will it be? Wait and watch Bus Racing Thailand every Saturday night at 9:45 p.m. on Channel One31.

Bus Sing Thailand (BUSSING THAILAND) a new travel program that will take the boys of the band BUS because of you i shine “Alan - Mark - Khunphol - Heart - Jinwook - Thai - Nex - Phutatchai. - Copper - AA - JungT - Peemwasu" go on a long-distance trip together for the first time. Go where you've never been before. Try doing new things and gain a variety of experiences through 6 provinces in the south. and the most chaotic competitive game

The mission will take you to new experiences. How much fun will it be? Just wait and see.

OST เฟี้ยว

Episodes

Last edited:

Ddeona Oneul Bame

#FREE THE BOYS Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,702,500
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
I watched Episode 2 today. I think they may have overstayed the welcome of the diving. It was interesting up until the underwater dance challenge, but it kinda lost its charm when they were just doing it for fun since the members aren't really interacting underwater with each other.

It was funny seeing Jinwook running away from the rat, though
But I'm looking forwards to the third episode :peepopbirthday:

Wensuelrene

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭676,670
I watched Episode 2 today. I think they may have overstayed the welcome of the diving. It was interesting up until the underwater dance challenge, but it kinda lost its charm when they were just doing it for fun since the members aren't really interacting underwater with each other.

It was funny seeing Jinwook running away from the rat, though
But I'm looking forwards to the third episode :peepopbirthday:

Yeah, I think the Bingo game was easily the highlight of episode 3. I think you should enjoy episode 3 more since they move onto something new. Yeah Jinwook is hilarious :heartublob:

Last edited:

Ddeona Oneul Bame

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,702,500
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
Episode 3 was pretty good, I actually was surprised seeing how good the members' paintings were. :uwot: They're all pretty good at it. Watching a few episodes of the show, I think the style of Thai Variety Show editing isn't quite as chaotic as Korean or Japanese shows. :wherearethelies:So maybe they intend to really push for their Thai audiences. I'm not sure how interesting it'll be to K-fans if that's their intention.

Wensuelrene

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭676,670
Episode 3 was pretty good, I actually was surprised seeing how good the members' paintings were. :uwot: They're all pretty good at it. Watching a few episodes of the show, I think the style of Thai Variety Show editing isn't quite as chaotic as Korean or Japanese shows. :wherearethelies:So maybe they intend to really push for their Thai audiences. I'm not sure how interesting it'll be to K-fans if that's their intention.
Same, I thought Nex and Khunpol's paintings in particular were really nice.

On the subject of the editing, I doubt they're appealing to K-fans (even though it would make sense since they have a whole Korean member :stonemin:), since the show only has English and Chinese subs for foreigners. And I guess it makes sense since those are the 2 most spoken languages, but isn't Youtube banned in China anyway....

Last edited:

Ddeona Oneul Bame

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,702,500
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
Same, I thought Nex and Khunpol's paintings in particular were really nice.

On the subject of the editing, I doubt they're appealing to K-fans (even though it would make sense since they have a whole Korean member :stonemin:), since the show only has English and Chinese subs for foreigners. And I guess it makes sense since those are the 2 most spoken languages, but isn't Youtube banned in China anyway....

Shouldn't they tho? :wootonew:Why waste potential when Jinwook can bring in some dedicated K-Fans? Don't they realize Thai fans contributed largely to BP's popularity in Thailand? :brbdying: Honestly, the trip around Thailand isn't a bad idea, but if they have Chinese subs on their videos and a Korean member, shouldn't they try to promote more in the East where these superfans are? :uwot:

Wensuelrene

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭676,670
Shouldn't they tho? :wootonew:Why waste potential when Jinwook can bring in some dedicated K-Fans? Don't they realize Thai fans contributed largely to BP's popularity in Thailand? :brbdying: Honestly, the trip around Thailand isn't a bad idea, but if they have Chinese subs on their videos and a Korean member, shouldn't they try to promote more in the East where these superfans are? :uwot:

They should. :yoosmile:As for why they don't.....I'm not sure. :stonemin: I can't imagine they're just completely oblivious to how having a foreign member can appeal to a greater market, so I assume that they just don't care.... :jinjudge: It could also be that Jinwook generally seems to be one of the less popular members so perhaps they don't see the need to push him for that reason (though he would likely be more popular among koreaboos korean fans) :wut: Same with the English speaking members like Alan and AA. My guess is that they solely want BUS to focus on Thai fans in Thailand for now, which I suppose is reasonable for a group that isn't even a year old yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens down the line. :sideeyeumji:

Ddeona Oneul Bame

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,702,500
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
The most recent episode was pretty good, I think. I found it a lot more fun to watch than when they were taking pictures underwater since we don't really get much talking while they're diving. Part of me feels a bit confused how these episodes are so long and yet it seems like there's a lot we don't see. Like what were they doing that some of them didn't submit their pictures in time? :stonemin: I know some weren't submitted on purpose because they weren't good quality, but it seemed like some members just didn't have time?

I also have to side eye the hell out of some of their choices for good quality pictures since those rankings were very questionable. :brbdying:

Anyway, part of me kinda wishes the challenges were a bit more varied. Taking pictures of all the members is fine and even the group photos were fun, but the selfies seemed a bit pointless since no one ended up doing them anyway. Also, why were there only 5 cameras ifor a 12-member boygroup? :youdontsay: Did they not want them to all have an equal chance at winning? I think they could stand to spend the first part of the episode doing one challenge, but a completely different one for the latter half of the episode just to keep it a bit more interesting. I don't particularly think the BUS boys are uninteresting but doing the same thing the entire time and not everyone is even able to use the cameras makes it a bit hard to constantly be entertaining. Copper didn't even get a chance to really showcase much variety potential.

I hope the future episodes offer a bit more in terms of the amount of content in the episode. :doge:

Wensuelrene

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭676,670
The most recent episode was pretty good, I think. I found it a lot more fun to watch than when they were taking pictures underwater since we don't really get much talking while they're diving. Part of me feels a bit confused how these episodes are so long and yet it seems like there's a lot we don't see. Like what were they doing that some of them didn't submit their pictures in time? :stonemin: I know some weren't submitted on purpose because they weren't good quality, but it seemed like some members just didn't have time?

I also have to side eye the hell out of some of their choices for good quality pictures since those rankings were very questionable. :brbdying:

Anyway, part of me kinda wishes the challenges were a bit more varied. Taking pictures of all the members is fine and even the group photos were fun, but the selfies seemed a bit pointless since no one ended up doing them anyway. Also, why were there only 5 cameras ifor a 12-member boygroup? :youdontsay: Did they not want them to all have an equal chance at winning? I think they could stand to spend the first part of the episode doing one challenge, but a completely different one for the latter half of the episode just to keep it a bit more interesting. I don't particularly think the BUS boys are uninteresting but doing the same thing the entire time and not everyone is even able to use the cameras makes it a bit hard to constantly be entertaining. Copper didn't even get a chance to really showcase much variety potential.

I hope the future episodes offer a bit more in terms of the amount of content in the episode. :doge:

I definitely agree on the cameras. I don't see why they couldn't have provided 1 for each member. I also felt the challenge was a bit much. I think they could have done without the selfie and landscape pictures. :meh:

I don't know about 2 challenges in one episode. Part of me feels that might feel rushed. Considering they have 12 members to give attention to, I do think it's best to get as much footage in one challenge as possible. Like thinking back on it, I don't think we saw too much of AA or Phutatchai taking pictures. :brbdying:But realistically I guess they spread the entire challenge over one episode so they can stretch the show out for as many episodes as they can. :TipPar:

Ddeona Oneul Bame

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,702,500
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
I definitely agree on the cameras. I don't see why they couldn't have provided 1 for each member. I also felt the challenge was a bit much. I think they could have done without the selfie and landscape pictures. :meh:

I don't know about 2 challenges in one episode. Part of me feels that might feel rushed. Considering they have 12 members to give attention to, I do think it's best to get as much footage in one challenge as possible. Like thinking back on it, I don't think we saw too much of AA or Phutatchai taking pictures. :brbdying:But realistically I guess they spread the entire challenge over one episode so they can stretch the show out for as many episodes as they can. :TipPar:

Well, my thought process is that the challenges would be much shorter. Let's say they're on one island taking the pictures of each member and the group shots. Then they go to the next island and, instead of taking more pictures, they do a different activity. Like since they couldn't swim on the first island, they could have had a swimming or water game on the second island. Just something different for us to watch over the course of the hour.

It just reminds me of a SHOW I watched some TIME ago, where the episodes were about 45 mins - 1 hour each and they usually spend the episode doing one or two different things. If there was an episode with basically one activity, they gave pretty much even distribution of screen time to all the members so you could learn more about their personalities within the episode and it never really felt too boring. I think BUSSING THAILAND risks non-fans getting bored, but maybe all Thai shows are just like this. :stonemin:

Wensuelrene

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭676,670
Well, my thought process is that the challenges would be much shorter. Let's say they're on one island taking the pictures of each member and the group shots. Then they go to the next island and, instead of taking more pictures, they do a different activity. Like since they couldn't swim on the first island, they could have had a swimming or water game on the second island. Just something different for us to watch over the course of the hour.

It just reminds me of a SHOW I watched some TIME ago, where the episodes were about 45 mins - 1 hour each and they usually spend the episode doing one or two different things. If there was an episode with basically one activity, they gave pretty much even distribution of screen time to all the members so you could learn more about their personalities within the episode and it never really felt too boring. I think BUSSING THAILAND risks non-fans getting bored, but maybe all Thai shows are just like this. :stonemin:

I suppose that makes sense as an option. Personally I've not had too much issue with the format. If anything, sometimes I feel the show goes by rather quickly, so I feel like if they were doing a bunch of different games back to back it would feel a bit overwhelming for me. :omgwhat:
I haven't watched too much Thai media, but based on comments JungT and Peemwasu made, it seems many Thai travel shows are a similar format to this :wherearethelies:

Ddeona Oneul Bame

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,702,500
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
I suppose that makes sense as an option. Personally I've not had too much issue with the format. If anything, sometimes I feel the show goes by rather quickly, so I feel like if they were doing a bunch of different games back to back it would feel a bit overwhelming for me. :omgwhat:
I haven't watched too much Thai media, but based on comments JungT and Peemwasu made, it seems many Thai travel shows are a similar format to this :wherearethelies:

Well hopefully the next activities will get more interesting as time goes on. I feel like I'm not learning as much about the members as I could be :peepoblanket:

Top Bottom