The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread

babyv004

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭60,895
ok, i know this is about kpop and korean celebs but just like the onehallyu thread we use to post about other asian celebs there and even occasionally western ones

Since this is about japanese celebs, I will take advantage of it and i post this OOR interview where taka maybe had came out as bi:

Last edited:

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
ok, i know this is about kpop and korean celebs but just like the onehallyu thread we use to post about other asian celebs there and even occasionally western ones

Since this is about japanese celebs, I will take advantage of it and i post this OOR interview where taka maybe had came out as bi:

Don't be worried about posting jp and other things– I'd like to change the thread title to something more nondescript once I have a good idea. I'll also add a links section for celebrities outside of Korea. I don't see this thread ever not being dominated by Korean discussion anyway.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
Don't be worried about posting jp and other things– I'd like to change the thread title to something more nondescript once I have a good idea. I'll also add a links section for celebrities outside of Korea. I don't see this thread ever not being dominated by Korean discussion anyway.
I really don't think you need to change it? The non-Korean topics will come anyway. They did on the other thread and it was even more specific.

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
I really don't think you need to change it? The non-Korean topics will come anyway. They did on the other thread and it was even more specific.
I get that but I think the phrasing of the question in the thread title is kind of inflammatory and doesn't really encompass what we mainly talk about here? But if the thread regulars are fine with it I'll just keep it.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
I get that but I think the phrasing of the question in the thread title is kind of inflammatory and doesn't really encompass what we mainly talk about here? But if the thread regulars are fine with it I'll just keep it.
Maybe it's just me, but I find the niche-ness part of its charm. If we tried to distill everything this thread discusses into a single line, we'd never finish. Haha. I also don't find it inflammatory. Just like I didn't find the OH title inflammatory. The subject matter will turn heads regardless. :)

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
I know this was meant as a joke, but I remember on OH people speculated Ten probably had a crush on Johnny in the past and this popped up on my twitter feed today:

I think ten objectively finds Johnny attractive and he probably did have a crush on him at some point (big buff cool American guy after all) but I think they're clearly just besties now. Johnny pings a net total of like 3 people in the world.

If Johnny was uncomfortable with it he probably would have told Ten to stop glazing him at some point in the past 7 years lol so they must have a mutual understanding.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
While I don't personally believe Johnny to be on the spectrum with any permanence beyond possible experimentation, I can see why some people might think so.

This is just a general point I've seen over time, so I'm gonna put it out there again. It's rough because with cases like Johnny (masculine-presenting and observant of clear social boundaries), pinging feels like you have to open up the discussion on gender and sexuality as performative and how some people will never outwardly appear queer to others. Is he a straight man? Probs. Could he also be a raging homosexual? Yeah. Replace Johnny with any "dude" and it still applies.

I'm thankful for the Tens and Keys of the world that keep us fed. But not every gay man is gonna have that spice. And some straight men do.

This has been your semi-helpful, every-50-pages reminder that gay doesn't look one way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,200
Jo Kwon having 1of his 2 instagram stories of the superbowl being Usher removing his shirt is a joy.

(I’m new to the site and can’t seem to figure out how to add screenshot)

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
Jo Kwon having 1of his 2 instagram stories of the superbowl being Usher removing his shirt is a joy.

(I’m new to the site and can’t seem to figure out how to add screenshot)
Jo Kwon has mastered the glass closet in ways I'll never understand.

And welcome I hope you stick around! Pictures embed easier if you just paste the link that they're originally from, and you won't have to download them! You could also just dump them on an image host site and then paste that link in here : )

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
Ren randomly singing when he is wearing makeup "Oppa, look at me" in 4:38
And then in 4:53 again "because you don't know, oppa"

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
found this thread that a fan made about son suk ku:

Played a gay role in his debut film ''black stone''
Posted on his feed that he was watching a gay choir performance
GDsmVz0b0AA9Zih

GDsmioZacAAFUUJ

this one 👆 is kind of confusing, did he only dated 2 women on his life or did he dated 2 women and the rest were men??? :unsure:

Top Bottom