The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭253,700
Pronouns
He/Him
If we're disregarding all the gays planet plants, maybe DKB? A few of those boys give vibes. And like half of nine.i.
Isn't DKB the Brave ent group that's been around for a while or am I mixing up the three letter acronym groups again. Seo Won and Jiho both pinged for me but I don't know the rest of the group (if they even exist, I think I read they're in contractual disputes right now?)

i dont really know too much about riize but from what ive seen anton has always pinged me a lot
I can't get a read on him at all, but I haven't seen much besides their performances post-Get a Guitar. Anything in particular that has given you that vibe?

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭62,500
Pronouns
He/Him
With Ten and Key I wonder how much the lyrics are because of SM. Some lyrics they write themselves though.

I'm curious about what about Minhyun makes you feel like he is bi.
That's partially my point, I guess. No matter what an idol does, they are going to be checked. So I don't really put much into lyrics and the like unless they're independent. Even then, if they're smart, they'll play for max audience and be queer off the clock.

I don't have much of a previous opinion on him, hence the asking. But I will say that his reserved nature shift lends itself, in my eyes, to a degree of queerness. I call it Prince charming syndrome. Haha. Like erasing flaws to over compensate. And I could be completely delusional, but his chemistry with the women in Alchemy of Souls was very... brotherly to me on screen rather than the intended romance. Again, could be absolutely delusional.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭62,500
Pronouns
He/Him
Isn't DKB the Brave ent group that's been around for a while or am I mixing up the three letter acronym groups again. Seo Won and Jiho both pinged for me but I don't know the rest of the group (if they even exist, I think I read they're in contractual disputes right now?)

I can't get a read on him at all, but I haven't seen much besides their performances post-Get a Guitar. Anything in particular that has given you that vibe?
Those two plus Winnie (former member), Minjun (gayer than Seowon), Vari, as well as possibly (more obscure vibes--kinda hongjoong artsy) Vahn.

My sleeper pick for Riize will always be Sohee. I won't listen to reason. Lol. The way he gets so shy when men give him attention is enough for me.

laestrygonian

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,300
Pronouns
she/her
Popping back in here after ages bc I had to share this post that went super viral (16M views, 32k retweets) on the ktwit side:

It alleges that two popular former idols (not sure how it defines this) A&B were in a gay relationship together, and that their agency didn't kick them out because it would damage the group's popularity to lose them. It also alleges that there was an incident at a variety show filming where Idol A pretended not to know a secret "love gesture" Idol B sent to him during the filming, so Idol B got angry and left the set. Edit: Oh, and that they had another fight during a music show filming and disrupted the schedule.

Who is alleging this? Not sure. Is there any proof? Obviously not. But it's fun to browse the quotes and see who people are proposing as the members in question lmao

Last edited:

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭253,700
Pronouns
He/Him
Popping back in here after ages bc I had to share this post that went super viral (16M views, 32k retweets) on the ktwit side:

It alleges that two popular former idols (not sure how it defines this) A&B were in a gay relationship together, and that their agency didn't kick them out because it would damage the group's popularity to lose them. It also alleges that there was an incident at a variety show filming where Idol A pretended not to know a secret "love gesture" Idol B sent to him during the filming, so Idol B got angry and left the set. Edit: Oh, and that they had another fight during a music show filming and disrupted the schedule.

Who is alleging this? Not sure. Is there any proof? Obviously not. But it's fun to browse the quotes and see who people are proposing as the members in question lmao

Lmao all the Jaejoong and Yunho replies. Yunho is still an idol (and tbh I'd argue Jaejoong could still be called that too) so they don't work on the context of the rumor right? Also the Wooseok and Seungyoun shippers, were they even in a group together long enough for any of this to happen lmao

It sounds made up to me though. Why bother kicking them out if nobody knew anyway? Sounds like homophobic fanfiction tbh unless this was 1st gen, there were people we know were kicked back then for dating each other and sewing general discord. Maybe it's those two g.o.d members that are still(?) roommates.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,800
Pronouns
She/Her

since I'm nosy I tried to find out but all the quotes are in korean 😖, there is one quote with more than 1k likes with some prints of texts and it mentions park hyung sik and im siwan
(but in another post someone mentioned it's a fanfiction)

Last edited:

gam3 bo1

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,500
Pronouns
she/her
Lmao all the Jaejoong and Yunho replies. Yunho is still an idol (and tbh I'd argue Jaejoong could still be called that too) so they don't work on the context of the rumor right? Also the Wooseok and Seungyoun shippers, were they even in a group together long enough for any of this to happen lmao

It sounds made up to me though. Why bother kicking them out if nobody knew anyway? Sounds like homophobic fanfiction tbh unless this was 1st gen, there were people we know were kicked back then for dating each other and sewing general discord. Maybe it's those two g.o.d members that are still(?) roommates.
are you thinking of tony ahn and jaeduck? they're from h.o.t and sechskies respectively so this story wouldn't apply to them and i heard they moved out anyway (though idk how true that is since i know nothing about them)

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,185
since I'm nosy I tried to find out but all the quotes are in korean 😖, there is one quote with more than 1k likes with some prints of texts and it mentions park hyung sik and im siwan
(but in another post someone mentioned it's a fanfiction)
Omg so this reminds me. I was a pretty big fan of Ze:A back in the day and still follow their work pretty regularly.

For a time, it felt like Hyungsik and Siwan had some bad blood for some reason. Like, they seemed to never really mention each other and I did wonder about if they never got along.

Then I saw Hyungsik on Kwanghee's show recently and he talked about Siwan quite a bit, about his after parties and such, so I guess they're fine lol.

To stay on topic, both (or all with Kwanghee) do make me feel they are part of the community, but it's probably wishful thinking haha
I also don't really think they dated, but who knows. I thought they were feuding but they seem fine.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,800
Pronouns
She/Her
Omg so this reminds me. I was a pretty big fan of Ze:A back in the day and still follow their work pretty regularly.

For a time, it felt like Hyungsik and Siwan had some bad blood for some reason. Like, they seemed to never really mention each other and I did wonder about if they never got along.

Then I saw Hyungsik on Kwanghee's show recently and he talked about Siwan quite a bit, about his after parties and such, so I guess they're fine lol.

To stay on topic, both (or all with Kwanghee) do make me feel they are part of the community, but it's probably wishful thinking haha
I also don't really think they dated, but who knows. I thought they were feuding but they seem fine.

I don't know much of them so I can't say anything, but I remember that a while ago there were rumors about siwan dating an actress from his drama, I don't remember her name, the ex-izone member, but also we don't know if it was real or not

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭253,700
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know much of them so I can't say anything, but I remember that a while ago there were rumors about siwan dating an actress from his drama, I don't remember her name, the ex-izone member, but also we don't know if it was real or not
You're thinking of Hyewon but apparently he was actually with Lee Sunbin

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,800
Pronouns
She/Her
Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭62,500
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a long shot, but is there any tea on Park Jeong Woo from The Director Who Buys Me Dinner?

Last edited:

babyv004

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,695
Will we have a continuation of the famous "Please don't..." MV? :eek:

edit:

K.will, Seo In Guk and Ahn Jae Hyun just said "happy pride month everyone" :ragepaimon:
For this to be even more perfect, all that is missing is that Seo In Guk and Ahn Jae Hyun would be in a BL together and the song will be the OST for it :sanapray:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭62,500
Pronouns
He/Him

Not my gay ass thinking he does it too well for a str8 boy. Bonus points to Hanbin for being flabbergasted and then instructing him to go full gogo boy two seconds later.

Top Bottom