The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
this thread is so dead...where are the users from OH?

anyways....everyone talks about moonbyul, what about solar?

GB1c8GaXwAA3o1K

Last edited:

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him

anyways....everyone talks about moonbyul, what about solar?

GB1c8GaXwAA3o1K
Everyone got posting on new website anxiety or is busy this time of year I hope. Please don't be afraid to post if you're lurking here I promise we won't bite.

I know korean lesbians love Solar but I've never seen much speculation about her that isn't tied to Moonbyul so hard to say if it's a shipping thing or something more. I don't follow Mamamoo really or lurk in many lesbians spaces though so I hope someone lurking here might know more.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
Everyone got posting on new website anxiety or is busy this time of year I hope. Please don't be afraid to post if you're lurking here I promise we won't bite.

I know korean lesbians love Solar but I've never seen much speculation about her that isn't tied to Moonbyul so hard to say if it's a shipping thing or something more. I don't follow Mamamoo really or lurk in many lesbians spaces though so I hope someone lurking here might know more.
it's alright, I just wish it was more active

there was this rumor about solar dating a non-celeb man but I don't know where did that came from and it was years ago

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
Do B.I or YoungK have any not ancient receipts? They used to be mentioned, but there hasn't been anything for a hot minute. I'm trying to pick ones that aren't as common. Haha

mydahlia

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,800
Pronouns
she/her

only ever lurked on OH, but since it's so quiet here, thought i'd contribute! i'm not a moomoo so i'm not 100% sure on the details, but i've seen people saying that she spit after having to kiss her male co-star for an acting role, which seems pretty extra for someone attracted to men imo.

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭92,135
I’m here form 1H but other than random cute Cravity moments I don’t have much to post and discuss, and wasn’t super active in that thread anyway. Plus, holiday and year end stuff.

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
only ever lurked on OH, but since it's so quiet here, thought i'd contribute! i'm not a moomoo so i'm not 100% sure on the details, but i've seen people saying that she spit after having to kiss her male co-star for an acting role, which seems pretty extra for someone attracted to men imo.
Congratulations on your graduation from long time lurker to poster! I found the clip of Hongki outing her doing it

I could see somebody who's extra dramatic do something like that if they had to kiss a close friend lol but maybe there's something else there too lol
I’m here form 1H but other than random cute Cravity moments I don’t have much to post and discuss, and wasn’t super active in that thread anyway. Plus, holiday and year end stuff.
Feel free to post Cravity moments! I don't know them very well but I remember Hyeongjun and Wonjin being very interesting together in PDX101, to the point where I was asking myself why these trainees were doing so much boyfriend fanservice with each other when they haven't even debuted yet and this is their first time being on TV lol. Iirc Hyeongjun, Wonjin, Jungmo, and Seongmin are the ones people suspect the most, right?

seokqlr

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,600
Pronouns
she/her

(last paragraph on the first slide) i know what the general consensus is on soobin but just wanted to post this anyway !
he's spoken before about how he didnt think "a person like him could debut" he's probably referring to his shyness as well but its interesting he said about accepting himself + how he used to hate himself for not fitting the 'ideal type'

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
I just did a test with Ren, I made a comment on the last video on Ren's YouTube channel: "I hope that in 2024 you can be yourself, and come out ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜"

And soon after he blocked me on YouTube

Once I commented on Ren's Instagram dm also saying, I love you my gay idol, and he blocked me too

Wouldn't that be proof that he's straight? like why would someone who is gay block a message of support for themselves?

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
I just did a test with Ren, I made a comment on the last video on Ren's YouTube channel: "I hope that in 2024 you can be yourself, and come out ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜"

Once I commented on Ren's Instagram dm also saying, I love you my gay idol, and he blocked me too

Wouldn't that be proof that he's straight? like why would someone who is gay block a message of support for themselves?
I don't feel like that's a test as much as harassment.

I get the desire to want proof and interaction, but you have to put yourself in his (or more likely his team's) shoes. Does the idea of liking one comment like yours seem worth a scandal that could end your career? Does replying to your dm seem worth the potential screenshotting and virality of that picture?

If you wanna be a fan, support his work. Buy his stuff. Hold up a pride flag at his concert. Don't breach fan boundaries and give him the massive anxiety of being outed. Or his team the anxiety of not "hiding" it well enough. That's multiple livelihoods on the line.

I'm definitely not trying to be overly harsh, but reality check that line of thinking because it's a bit narcissistic and harmful.

**edited a typo

Last edited:

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him

Please don't do these sorts of things. If somebody wants to be out, they'll come out. Ren works in the entertainment industry and is not nearly big enough to come out without it being career suicide.

He's surely been getting comments like this his whole career and I'm sure they're tiresome. He plays into his queer audience, he makes art and performs in ways you enjoy, that should be enough. He doesn't have to come out and shouldn't be pressured like that. If I was in his shoes I wouldn't want to come out either!

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,300
Pronouns
she/her
I'm from OH but i only posted there about Namjoon and since he is at military there is no new content for now....but he is
to release album and has another project rumored - it's short movie! so maybe it'll have some material for discussion!! ☺️
For now i just lurking 👀

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm from OH but i only posted there about Namjoon and since he is at military there is no new content for now....but he is
to release album and has another project rumored - it's short movie! so maybe it'll have some material for discussion!! ☺️
For now i just lurking 👀
I loved the Namjoon posts on OH I went through several years of stanning bts never even considering it but now I'm a believer lol

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,300
Pronouns
she/her
I loved the Namjoon posts on OH I went through several years of stanning bts never even considering it but now I'm a believer lol
In early yeas of stanning bts i was believer he is totally straight but then i started paid more attention to him, media he shared and i was like - wait a minute —
😂

mydahlia

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,800
Pronouns
she/her
since one of my ult groups is (g)i-dle, i have to ask, any thoughts on yuqi? i know she's traditionally been dismissed as sort of the "straightest member of idle," but i was getting vibes from her since i started stanning that i kinda dismissed since everyone seemed so certain she was so straight it wasn't even worth discussing, and the recent stylist tea has me feeling so vindicated lol. not sure if this was already discussed before on the OH lesbian thread, so sorry if i'm beating a dead horse 😅

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭92,135
Congratulations on your graduation from long time lurker to poster! I found the clip of Hongki outing her doing it

I could see somebody who's extra dramatic do something like that if they had to kiss a close friend lol but maybe there's something else there too lol

Feel free to post Cravity moments! I don't know them very well but I remember Hyeongjun and Wonjin being very interesting together in PDX101, to the point where I was asking myself why these trainees were doing so much boyfriend fanservice with each other when they haven't even debuted yet and this is their first time being on TV lol. Iirc Hyeongjun, Wonjin, Jungmo, and Seongmin are the ones people suspect the most, right?

Generally they are the ones most think, but having watched a lot of their content throughout the years I wouldn't be shocked with any of the 9 of them. Maybe Minhee and Woobin the most but even then, I wouldn't be that surprised.

Though I do think one aspect that lends itself to the discussion is they are pretty nice and affectionate to each other overall, but it doesn't always come across as fanservicey.

There are tiny moments like this which don't say much, but it's still nice to see two guys being affectionate with each other and it feels genuine.

merismisa

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭103,410

Let's be real, the onehallyu thread wasn't that active either these days, it mostly blew up whenever something happened or someone had a really sincere question about someone (or someone was trolling), i find that this thread is just slightly less active tbh

Top Bottom