The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
In honor of SF9 coming back, what are people's thoughts?

Taeyang: I could see bi. He has the Kai curse, so he's hard to read.

Hwiyoung: Most receipts, I believe. Probably into men.

Jaeyoon: Toss up between comfortable straight and raging homosexual.

Zuho: Has gay energy. Especially that infamous chest vid.

Inseong: Same as Jaeyoon. Albeit more straight-presenting.

Rowoon: He's talked about a girlfriend before (I think), but he also gives me major vibes sometimes. Plus his whole not wanting kids thing, which, for his tax bracket, wouldn't be a financial issue.

I think the other three are straight. But I would love to hear opinions or see receipts.
jaeyoon is such a curious case, he seems very confident

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him

Sujeong definitely pandering to a certain market with all these moody intimate shots. Not sure who XYLØ is tbh. I feel like I never hear Lovelyz brought up in queer discussions besides Jisoo's predebut rumor?

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
  • male celebrities that gays like (half of 2023)

Song Seok Gu
Jung Hae In
Nam Joo Hyuk
Lee Joon Hyuk
An Chang Rim
Wi Ha Joon
Lee Jin Wook
Im Sung Jin
Cha Eun Woo
Ha Seok Jin
Mingyu
Yoo Kang-Min
Seo Kang-Joon
Jang Dongyoon
Choi Bomin
Kim Mingyu
Ong Seongwu
Yoon Si-yoon
Lee Do-hyun
Choi Hyun-Wook
Dex
Ahn Hyo-Seop
Rowoon
Park Bo-gum
Son Heung-min
Baekho

the list is huge so this is just a few names

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
  • male celebrities that gays like (half of 2023)

Song Seok Gu
Jung Hae In
Nam Joo Hyuk
Lee Joon Hyuk
An Chang Rim
Wi Ha Joon
Lee Jin Wook
Im Sung Jin
Cha Eun Woo
Ha Seok Jin
Mingyu
Yoo Kang-Min
Seo Kang-Joon
Jang Dongyoon
Choi Bomin
Kim Mingyu
Ong Seongwu
Yoon Si-yoon
Lee Do-hyun
Choi Hyun-Wook
Dex
Ahn Hyo-Seop
Rowoon
Park Bo-gum
Son Heung-min
Baekho

the list is huge so this is just a few names
Is there any popularity poll that doesn't feature Son Heungmin lol

I'll never understand why western fans never really cared about Baekho I mean... come on. It looks like Soobin has disappeared despite riding really high the year before. That's how it goes for most non-actor idols with these polls usually though.

I saw that Han Yujin ranked 8th which is a little... eugh. I can't remember a minor ever ranking on these before. These polls are usually not actually that big of a voter pool in reality so it might just be a small but vocal subset but man, poor kid's had a hell of a career already.

seokqlr

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,600
Pronouns
she/her

I'll never understand why western fans never really cared about Baekho I mean... come on. It looks like Soobin has disappeared despite riding really high the year before. That's how it goes for most non-actor idols with these polls usually though.

I saw that Han Yujin ranked 8th which is a little... eugh. I can't remember a minor ever ranking on these before. These polls are usually not actually that big of a voter pool in reality so it might just be a small but vocal subset but man, poor kid's had a hell of a career already.
soobin was 8th!

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
Talking about Baekho, I'm starting to follow Nuest (although they disbanded) and I would like to know why people think Ren is gay, is it because of the Born this way tattoo or are there other revealing things?

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him

Hong Seokcheon is living the dream lmao

Talking about Baekho, I'm starting to follow Nuest (although they disbanded) and I would like to know why people think Ren is gay, is it because of the Born this way tattoo or are there other revealing things?
The early years of their career when he had long hair and cross dressed are a big part of it.

He also played Hedwig for a while which if you're involved in theater at all, it's pretty much the dream for most gay theater actors to be Hedwig. He was also the lead in a production of Everyone's Talking About Jamie. It's not like straight men never play these roles (it's acting after all lol) but these are pretty much dream roles for queer actors. Oftentimes will be the height of their career.

Ren sometimes presents very masc (like on pd101) but he's always been walking a fine line with gender presentation in kpop so I get it. If he's not gay, he's certainly got some level of flexibility with his gender presentation since he's always been attracted to those roles.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her

Soobin is in 13th

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him

I feel like Baekho's time is coming. He just needs to release a banger first. He was kind of overshadowed in NUEST visually by Minhyun and Ren (even if the latter was shock value half the time).

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
Hong Seokcheon is living the dream lmao

The early years of their career when he had long hair and cross dressed are a big part of it.

He also played Hedwig for a while which if you're involved in theater at all, it's pretty much the dream for most gay theater actors to be Hedwig. He was also the lead in a production of Everyone's Talking About Jamie. It's not like straight men never play these roles (it's acting after all lol) but these are pretty much dream roles for queer actors. Oftentimes will be the height of their career.

Ren sometimes presents very masc (like on pd101) but he's always been walking a fine line with gender presentation in kpop so I get it. If he's not gay, he's certainly got some level of flexibility with his gender presentation since he's always been attracted to those roles.
What do you mean by flexibility with gender presentation?

Does this mean he has some level of bisexuality or gender identity?

mimenet

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
What do you mean by flexibility with gender presentation?

Does this mean he has some level of bisexuality or gender identity?
I just mean that he has done a lot of crossdressing/performed in drag. Even going beyond his early years with long hair, his performance as part of Boy's Day was infamous and he's played Hedwig (gay and trans character, but messy to try and apply current day labels to) as well as Jaime (a gay aspiring drag queen).

He's been playing with gender in a way most idols do not for practically his whole career. It's not like he doesn't present masculine either, he does the typical male idol thing very well, but he's definitely more comfortable with non-traditional gender presentation than most guys out there lol

amber back at it

I wait for the day when her weird police brutality comment gets buried enough for people to like her again lol. Obviously I'm not pro-police brutality but I feel like it was just coming from a place of being so disconnected with American politics to even realize what she was saying.

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
I don't know what you think, but I think this could be a clue left by Ren about him being bisexual? that no one ever noticed
On September 23rd (Bi day) when Nuest had a concert in HK, Ren published this photo on Instagram with a unicorn on his head, and in one part of the caption it said "HK would you be my girlfriend?"
I feel like he indirectly means I'm bi, would you still date me?

The curious thing is 2 months after this publication with a purple unicorn on his head, Ren dyed his hair the same color

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know what you think, but I think this could be a clue left by Ren about him being bisexual that no one ever noticed
on September 23rd (Bi day) when Nuest had a concert in HK, Ren published this photo on Instagram with a unicorn on his head, and in one part of the caption it said "HK would you be my girlfriend?"
I feel like he indirectly means I'm bi, would you still date me?

The curious thing is 2 months after this publication with a purple unicorn on his head, Ren dyed his hair the same color

This, at least to me, is neither a clue nor a receipt. He knows his job as an idol is to endear hordes of girls to him. "Would you be my boyfriend?" isn't a safe/smart thing to say either. Again, that would be coming out, which he won't do.

He could be bi. We won't know unless he officially announces it either way. The date of the concert and it being bi day aren't within his control. Unless you show me that he's never done anything similar for any other concerts ever, this seems like normal, inconsequential promo.

Top Bottom