♔ Mnet's QUEENDOM Official Thread ♔ [Ep9 Subbed + OP updated!]

Who do you think will win the Queendom?

• Total voters

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810

I'm literally so proud of her for getting 1st :sejeongcry: She was absolutely amazing and deserved this spot and I'm just so emotional seeing her so happy kasdjalksdjaljaldjak​

RRR98

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,050
Well going by aoa and idle lovelyz picked the perfect special voters lol. Not expecting aoa to get a lot of votes for the cussing

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,904
Pronouns
She/Her
One thing that has been frustrating me to no end is how G-IDLE makes such a poor use of Shuhua in their Queendom perfs, especially the dark concept ones

Both in Latata remix and now this most recent perf she caught my eye because her acting is so good, and she suits the concept so much since her long dark hair and innocent face make her look like a haunted doll, but she barely has any significant center time or killing parts. In this recent perf I really wanted to see more of her, I kept looking at her even when she was in the back and her expressions were always amazing, she never stopped acting even when she wasn't the main focus on camera

Something also made me pretty upset, when Soyeon was asking for the members' suggestions of songs to perform in a previous round, she completely ignored Shuhua's idea, she even said she wasn't gonna vote because her song choice wasn't included. Now, she said that in a joking manner but I think she might have been actually hurt, I know I would. I'm really not one to complain about members getting no lines but in this case I really hope they will start giving her more spotlight because I don't see why they wouldn't and it seems like a waste to me

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
One thing that has been frustrating me to no end is how G-IDLE makes such a poor use of Shuhua in their Queendom perfs, especially the dark concept ones

Both in Latata remix and now this most recent perf she caught my eye because her acting is so good, and she suits the concept so much since her long dark hair and innocent face make her look like a haunted doll, but she barely has any significant center time or killing parts. In this recent perf I really wanted to see more of her, I kept looking at her even when she was in the back and her expressions were always amazing, she never stopped acting even when she wasn't the main focus on camera

Something also made me pretty upset, when Soyeon was asking for the members' suggestions of songs to perform in a previous round, she completely ignored Shuhua's idea, she even said she wasn't gonna vote because her song choice wasn't included. Now, she said that in a joking manner but I think she might have been actually hurt, I know I would. I'm really not one to complain about members getting no lines but in this case I really hope they will start giving her more spotlight because I don't see why they wouldn't and it seems like a waste to me
Right on. I hope Soyeon learned her lesson and will be less controlling after the Fire performance. Minnie and Miyeon both write songs, so hopefully eventually with members putting more creative thought together, Soyeon will be more open to ideas that aren't just hers. IDLE is a group after all, not simply Soyeon. She's young, so I'm sure she'll learn to adapt to her peers. I know at such a young age, sometimes it's hard to separate ourselves from our ideas, especially when they've proved to work before all the time. Miyeon I think needs to be more vocal, she seems very passive, especially as the eldest... I get it's her personality, but Soyeon is the complete opposite, so to balance her out, I think unnie line would prove to be helpful to cool her passion at times, lol Minnie I think is more likely to do this, but there's some limitations with her being Thai and not Korean, so not knowing the ins and outs of all the cultural nuance in their work.

Shuhua needs more vocal training and Korean practice. I hope we get to see covers by her so she can let us hear her voice more, she's got a lovely tone that if polished could be a force to be reckoned with tbh! I think she debuted prematurely vocal wise, but her acting and presence is very top notch. Her and Minnie shined in Sildago Malhae.

RRR98

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,050

Is the case with shuhua she only trained I think a year so her Korean is not the best and on a encore stage of hann knetz went after her hard and so she went from having lines in hann to nothing really in señorita to everyone being happy she had a line in uh oh. Trust me you are not alone in wanting more of shuhua. I think nevies in general are waiting for shuhua to become more confident in Korean and then just kill it.

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,904
Pronouns
She/Her
Is the case with shuhua she only trained I think a year so her Korean is not the best and on a encore stage of hann knetz went after her hard and so she went from having lines in hann to nothing really in señorita to everyone being happy she had a line in uh oh. Trust me you are not alone in wanting more of shuhua. I think nevies in general are waiting for shuhua to become more confident in Korean and then just kill it.

I know the language barrier and lack of proper vocal training is prob the reason but it isn't really an excuse imo, when Idle performs they usually have killing parts which require little to no singing, just like Soojin's lipstick smudging part in this recent perf that was definitely the highlight. I wanted to see something like that from Shuhua, she doesn't even need to talk, maybe just acting or a little dancing will do it. Some groups use their visuals/least vocally trained members very wisely and give them killing parts so they will stand out without having to do much singing. An example of that is Oh My Girl with Arin. In SSFWL she got the little outro in which she only said a few words and did gestures and got the beauty shots, that was totally well received. I feel like Idle needs to learn how to play on their individual strenghts better, but they're definitely in the right path as a group

RRR98

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,050
I know the language barrier and lack of proper vocal training is prob the reason but it isn't really an excuse imo, when Idle performs they usually have killing parts which require little to no singing, just like Soojin's lipstick smudging part in this recent perf that was definitely the highlight. I wanted to see something like that from Shuhua, she doesn't even need to talk, maybe just acting or a little dancing will do it. Some groups use their visuals/least vocally trained members very wisely and give them killing parts so they will stand out without having to do much singing. An example of that is Oh My Girl with Arin. In SSFWL she got the little outro in which she only said a few words and did gestures and got the beauty shots, that was totally well received. I feel like Idle needs to learn how to play on their individual strenghts better, but they're definitely in the right path as a group
She had that part in fire and the part in put it straight. Might not be a big deal for you but everyone in the fandom was freaking out. Especially the fire one

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
All the songs were so good! I'm so proud of IDLE. Soyeon's composition, IDLE's delivery... Minnie's highnotes and Shuhua's vocal color especially are so exquisite.

:sejeongcry:

My personal song ranking:

IDLE>Bom>MAMAMOO/AOA>OMG/Lovelyz

All were high quality pieces though so it was pretty hard to decide, aside from my bias ofc haha

unicorn

Gay Street Fighter
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,695,631
my songs rank

lovelyz > ohmygirl > g-idle > aoa > mamamoo > park bom
might actually be my fave lovelyz songs so far (though i only listen to their titles)

finale next week :sejeongcry:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,904
Pronouns
She/Her
my rank for the original songs

aoa > oh my girl > bom > idle > mamamoo > lovelyz

S

Some

It's too bad OMG is going to be shipped to japan after this when they are doing so good ! So if they win i doubt they will promote for long But at least aoa,bom,mamamoo are coming back gonna miss lovelyz and idle if they dont win or comeback

Taemi

Under the Moonlight Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,520
I change my ranking after each listen, I think I need the performances this evening to settle my final songs ranking

But I also kind of don't want to have a final ranking, just a winner! but I don't want any of them to be last so i would rather not know the 2-6 ranking 😖

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭318,070
I change my ranking after each listen, I think I need the performances this evening to settle my final songs ranking

But I also kind of don't want to have a final ranking, just a winner! but I don't want any of them to be last so i would rather not know the 2-6 ranking 😖
I agreed. whoever placed 6 is gonna be hurt and I don't want that :feelsblankie:

Top Bottom