✽ The Anime & Manga Club! ✽

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭793,900
How am I only just discovering this thread? (and it's honestly all thanks to Baymax's interview that was posted today)

Here's my form (everything is in order from highest to lowest rated as of the time of writing):

Name: Dragon of the West
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate, Death Note, Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, AoT, Fate UBW, FMAB, Fairy Tail (controversial opinion but I quite like the show even though there are a lot of flaws)
Favorite Manga:
Death Note, Berserk, The Promised Neverland, Dragon Ball, AoT, Tokyo Ghoul
Favorite Characters:
L, Mugen, Laxus, Guts, Ryuk, Okabe, Mayuri, a bunch of Genshin Impact characters (Zhongli, Venti, Yoimiya, Ningguang, Beidou, Kazuha, Klee)
Birthday:
06/02

soozie

✴︎ Events Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,533
this season of my hero academia has been so bland!

then it finally gets good again over the last 4 episodes or so? but we only have 2 more left for this season so it's basically over anyway

smh!

anime-kawaii.gif
is MHA on season 5 now? how has the plot progressed so far - have the kids grew up a bit more yet?

I really enjoyed the show but after the first 3 seasons I just felt that the plot progresses a bit too slow for my liking, so I just stopped watching :teehee:

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
I...attempted the first episode of One Piece and I'm already lowkey annoyed by Luffy's demeanor :sweat: Guess I'll have to move onto another anime since I don't think I can handle 900+ episodes of this :Headingout:

Edit:

BTW, can I have my form updated pls? Thanks
607491793831067648.png

Name: Stannie
Favorite Anime: Hunter x Hunter, Violet Evergarden, Death Note, The Promised Neverland, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Favorite Manga: n/a
Favorite Characters: Levi Ackerman, L, Killua, Violet Evergarden
Birthday: 7/28
You're a brave person. I don't see myself ever giving One Piece a chance, which might sound harsh to some, but... ehhh. To make it worse, I've seen some fans say something like, "Oh, but it gets REALLY amazing after episode 300!" ... Like, what??

CommonChillyAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Yes, of course! Your form has been updated! :poggers:

How am I only just discovering this thread? (and it's honestly all thanks to Baymax's interview that was posted today)

Here's my form (everything is in order from highest to lowest rated as of the time of writing):

Name: Dragon of the West
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate, Death Note, Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, AoT, Fate UBW, FMAB, Fairy Tail (controversial opinion but I quite like the show even though there are a lot of flaws)
Favorite Manga: Death Note, Berserk, The Promised Neverland, Dragon Ball, AoT, Tokyo Ghoul
Favorite Characters: L, Mugen, Laxus, Guts, Ryuk, Okabe, Mayuri, a bunch of Genshin Impact characters (Zhongli, Venti, Yoimiya, Ningguang, Beidou, Kazuha, Klee)
Birthday: 06/02
Despite the amount of people on Hallyu+ that seem to like anime and manga, a lot of that content falls under the radar and not get much traction... :sweat: Nice seeing you here, though! Bless Baymax's mention! :TipPar:

I've added you to the OP! Welcome! Please post to your heart's content!

umaru-party-anime-girl.gif

is MHA on season 5 now? how has the plot progressed so far - have the kids grew up a bit more yet?

I really enjoyed the show but after the first 3 seasons I just felt that the plot progresses a bit too slow for my liking, so I just stopped watching :teehee:
Season 5 just finished airing and a 6th season has already been confirmed. :catpopcorn: Yeah, the kids have grown up in some ways, but ultimately, if you stopped watching to begin with because of how slow it was, then you'd still think it's probably too slow now if I'm being totally real with you. :teehee: Season 3 was my favorite, and the 4th season was pretty solid, too... but good LORD, season 5 was an absolute slog to get through! I had to stop watching it weekly. It's the worst the show has been. I only liked the last few episodes. I've heard the 6th season will be getting some great stuff, but... I'll see about that. LOL

our club is now pinned for 6 months :RunPar:
Oh my God :sejeongcry: Thank you so much! You're an absolute doll!

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭793,900
Just got done watching the first episode of takt op.Destiny and the visuals are insanely good! It's a mixed media production since Madhouse and MAPPA are both working on it, meaning they're probably going to alternate between animating episodes. I'm quite interested in seeing how it progresses.

soozie

✴︎ Events Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,533
Season 5 just finished airing and a 6th season has already been confirmed. :catpopcorn: Yeah, the kids have grown up in some ways, but ultimately, if you stopped watching to begin with because of how slow it was, then you'd still think it's probably too slow now if I'm being totally real with you. :teehee: Season 3 was my favorite, and the 4th season was pretty solid, too... but good LORD, season 5 was an absolute slog to get through! I had to stop watching it weekly. It's the worst the show has been. I only liked the last few episodes. I've heard the 6th season will be getting some great stuff, but... I'll see about that. LOL

Oh my God :sejeongcry: Thank you so much! You're an absolute doll!
I see :teehee: Maybe I’ll give season 4 a try and see how it goes

No problem!! :heartublob:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
Taking a break from anime for a bit guys.
Sometimes it's good to take a break. Hope everything is okay!

Just got done watching the first episode of takt op.Destiny and the visuals are insanely good! It's a mixed media production since Madhouse and MAPPA are both working on it, meaning they're probably going to alternate between animating episodes. I'm quite interested in seeing how it progresses.
Oh, I was thinking about giving this one a try! I didn't know who was producing it though, very interesting. :omgwhat:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
You're a brave person. I don't see myself ever giving One Piece a chance, which might sound harsh to some, but... ehhh. To make it worse, I've seen some fans say something like, "Oh, but it gets REALLY amazing after episode 300!" ... Like, what??

CommonChillyAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Yes, of course! Your form has been updated! :poggers:

Thank you :LovePar:

Wow, I'm surprised you have never attempted to watch OP :poggers: Idk, hearing so many good reviews about the epicness of OP made me curious. Also, I was going thru withdrawal syndrome after having finished HunterxHunter so I wanted to find something similar (i.e. adventure type of anime) as a replacement :peepoblanket: I thought OP might be able to fill in that void but unfortunately, I'd barely finish the first episode (so I doubt I'd have the patience to wait for it "to gets really AMAZING" by the 300th :pepesanta:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
Thank you :LovePar:

Wow, I'm surprised you have never attempted to watch OP :poggers: Idk, hearing so many good reviews about the epicness of OP made me curious. Also, I was going thru withdrawal syndrome after having finished HunterxHunter so I wanted to find something similar (i.e. adventure type of anime) as a replacement :peepoblanket: I thought OP might be able to fill in that void but unfortunately, I'd barely finish the first episode (so I doubt I'd have the patience to wait for it "to gets really AMAZING" by the 300th :pepesanta:
Oh, I understand! I felt pretty "empty" after finishing Hunter x Hunter, too. LOL Especially because the ending is so emotionally brutal... :peepoblanket: I could recommend some adventure-type anime if you'd like?

unicorn

Gay Street Fighter
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,683,531
Hunter x Hunter is soooo good i could be biased bcs its my first anime. (the 99 version)
im currenly rewatching the 1999 versions of it, the op is one of my fave anime op/ed songs of all time :poggers:

gonna give Blue Period a try now that its out on netflix, i heard good things about the manga

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Oh, I understand! I felt pretty "empty" after finishing Hunter x Hunter, too. LOL Especially because the ending is so emotionally brutal... :peepoblanket: I could recommend some adventure-type anime if you'd like?

Yes, that'd be lovely. Thanks, Vampie :poggers: Preferably, please recommend me completed ones only aihdjs I was tricked by she whom shall not be named into believing that HxH was completed and now I'm suffering!! :feelsblankie:

Hunter x Hunter is soooo good i could be biased bcs its my first anime. (the 99 version)
im currenly rewatching the 1999 versions of it, the op is one of my fave anime op/ed songs of all time :poggers:

gonna give Blue Period a try now that its out on netflix, i heard good things about the manga

It is really the best :palove: I really wish we'll see an end to the other ongoing arcs one day :peepoblanket:

Moodz

Wendy Williams
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭869,250
Yesss lemme join :teehee:

Name: Love
Favorite Anime: Death Note
Favorite Manga: I don't really read traditional manga but I've read a ton of webcomics. My favorite is Blood Sacrifice.
Favorite Characters: Clavis from Death Parade
Birthday: December 27th

unicorn

Gay Street Fighter
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,683,531
oh i didnt know KNY season 2 will also cover the Mugen Train arc, i just assume they wont bcs theres alrd a movie for it
myabe theyll get some new scenes. ill just wait until the entertainment distrct arc. i def cant go thru it again

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
Yes, that'd be lovely. Thanks, Vampie :poggers: Preferably, please recommend me completed ones only aihdjs I was tricked by she whom shall not be named into believing that HxH was completed and now I'm suffering!! :feelsblankie:

It is really the best :palove: I really wish we'll see an end to the other ongoing arcs one day :peepoblanket:
Oh... Basically all of the adventure-type anime I've watched are those that are still airing or stuck in a "Will it ever get another season?" situation, and I'd only be comfortable recommending what I've actually watched. I'm sorry!

anime-girl.gif

Yesss lemme join :teehee:

Name: Love
Favorite Anime: Death Note
Favorite Manga: I don't really read traditional manga but I've read a ton of webcomics. My favorite is Blood Sacrifice.
Favorite Characters: Clavis from Death Parade
Birthday: December 27th
You've been added to the OP! Welcome!

I have a lot of favorite anime, but my #1 is Death Note, too! :poggers:

oh i didnt know KNY season 2 will also cover the Mugen Train arc, i just assume they wont bcs theres alrd a movie for it
myabe theyll get some new scenes. ill just wait until the entertainment distrct arc. i def cant go thru it again
Yeah, there's going to be a few episodes at the start of season 2 to go over the Mugen Train arc, but supposedly with some new scenes that weren't in the movie. The actual Entertainment District arc begins early December, I think. I've heard the first episode of the Entertainment Arc will be like, an hour long, too?

MedicationHelps87

Bounced Back 2024 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,486,351
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh... Basically all of the adventure-type anime I've watched are those that are still airing or stuck in a "Will it ever get another season?" situation, and I'd only be comfortable recommending what I've actually watched. I'm sorry!

anime-girl.gif

You've been added to the OP! Welcome!

I have a lot of favorite anime, but my #1 is Death Note, too! :poggers:

Yeah, there's going to be a few episodes at the start of season 2 to go over the Mugen Train arc, but supposedly with some new scenes that weren't in the movie. The actual Entertainment District arc begins early December, I think. I've heard the first episode of the Entertainment Arc will be like, an hour long, too?
Thanks for being so nice and adding another anime fan :)

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001

anime-girl.gif

That's alright!!! It's preferred but not necessary - as long as the ending of the most current season wouldn't leave me hanging/in suspense. But dw about it, I have a few animes I was planning to check out first so I'm good for the time being :bakacat:

soozie

✴︎ Events Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,533
That's alright!!! It's preferred but not necessary - as long as the ending of the most current season wouldn't leave me hanging/in suspense. But dw about it, I have a few animes I was planning to check out first so I'm good for the time being :bakacat:
Which animes are you planning to check out? :poggers:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
I was thinking either The Promised Neverland 2 or Code Geass or Cowboy Bebop :poggers:
Oh, I've seen Code Geass! I've got mixed feelings about the second season, but I enjoyed the first season. :catpopcorn:

Top Bottom