탱구 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,705
SNSDs concept is that they have no concept :smug:

Tiffany: “I must have rehearsed too late yesterday, my ankle hurts."
Interview: "Is your ankle okay?"
Tiffany: "I've gotten old. Already thirty... Haha."
Tiffany: “I was born in August and SNSD debuted in August too. I'm a Leo, passionate like summer. Summer is a season that's like a gift. Every time my birthday and debut anniversary (August 5) comes around, I feel like I'm reborn."
Tiffany: "This season of celebration, I'm excited to spend it with fans in Korea. Last year, I gifted ice cream to fans as a response to having received so much and this time, I'm even happier because I'm able to gift a concert."
Tiffany: "3 years ago, there were only 2 songs in my set that I wrote & composed. This time, I wrote 2/3 of songs. Visual direction, arrangement, each video, each outfit, even the lighting. It was precious creating every detail with the team. I created it all thinking of fans."
Tiffany on 'Magnetic Moon': "It's a song that contains my intention to enjoy energy overflowing with excitement. It's a song saying let's pull in and enjoy each other under the moonlight.”
Tiffany on 'Lips on Lips': "As it's my first US album, I wanted it to contain the songs that I wrote with most honesty. I'm happy that aspect was acknowledged. It was my first album as a singer-songwriter in the US.”
Tiffany: "I'm nervous for the first performance of every tour. But it's happy nerves. Performance venues are a precious and happy space but also a place where I have responsibility. I'm excited there are 18 concerts already planned in the latter half of this year."
Tiffany: "SNSD members are continuously starring in dramas and movies so I'm watching them all and learning a lot. Even in the US, I watch Korean dramas and movies. When Bong Joonho director's 'Parasite' won a prize at Cannes, it made me realize how impressive Korean films are."
Tiffany: "I believe that I will find a piece that suits me one day. I will learn even more in the meantime. I've experienced various projects and thanks to that, I have grown. I was a SNSD trainee for 3 years and I've only done 1 year so far. It was a big help for MV acting."
Tiffany: “When it comes to work, I have a cool-headed style. I want as much as the effort I've put in. I tend to be patient and wait. Recently, the thing that I've wanted to do more as I've been doing it is songwriting."
Tiffany: “An excerpt from a book I read while contemplating left an impression on me: 'Without mud, there are no lotuses". With growing pains, there is change and progress. It's the reason I can say I'm okay even if it's uncomfortable, awkward or doesn't feel like it's my path."
Tiffany: "There's a lot I'm learning on my own in the US. Conversely, when I came to Korea from the US in 3rd year of middle school, there were lots of things I didn't know then. I have to overcome the mud and work hard until the lotuses bloom."
Tiffany: "Coincidentally, the first song of the playlist that I'm listening to these days of Park Hyoshin sunbaenim's 'Wild Flower'. This isn't a story that's only mine. I want to overcome it together with people who are feeling the same emotions."
Tiffany: “I'm finding beauty in time. As time passes, I'm getting more calm and happier. I used to think happiness was something that made me say 'Wow~' but now I naturally find things to be thankful for around me. I know it always finds me so it's precious and I'm thankful."
Tiffany was asked what songs must be included if her life was to be made into a music video. She picked SNSD's debut song 'Into the New World', and 'Born Again' which was on 'Lips on Lips'.
Tiffany: "The themes of the two songs are connected. It's about not losing hope in difficult times and being able to meet again. Now I don't want to only show the flashy and positive aspects. I want to share the difficulties, hardships and mistakes. I want to show my growth."
Tiffany: “I lost my mother (when I was young) and music became a source of healing during a time of pain and difficulty. That's why I wanted to make music. I want to make pieces like that and share it. I'm only starting now."

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,985,620
How y'all doin fellow Sones.

Just curious, what would you guys consider SNSD's signature sound? The one that screams, "Oh, sounds like SNSD!" This has been a thought of mine for quite a long time, reason - them being a concept and versatile queens, hard to distinguish. :sejeongcry:

My take would prolly be (upbeat?) modern x retro. Idk if that makes sense, like a combination of classic, 1st gen type of sound with a touch of trendy, pop elements. Especially, around Gee-Hoot era.
Or maybe country style? :wut:

That's a bit hard cuz they been around for 12 years and have done many genres and have grown musically over the years etc. they have so many eras where you could say "that sounds like snsd". Like early Sones would probably name songs like Into the New World... Gee etc. but more later Sones might say Lionheart or IGAB.

When I listen to some songs from someone like red velvet or maybe f(x) there are times I would think "oh... this song gives me snsd vibes". And those songs are usually a song with harmonizing or nice melody. ie. slow songs. Like I could picture snsd singing it as well. :D songs like "Complete" or "How Great is Your Love".

probee

△NIM△L ○ GGTR🗑SH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭120,800
That's a bit hard cuz they been around for 12 years and have done many genres and have grown musically over the years etc. they have so many eras where you could say "that sounds like snsd". Like early Sones would probably name songs like Into the New World... Gee etc. but more later Sones might say Lionheart or IGAB.

When I listen to some songs from someone like red velvet or maybe f(x) there are times I would think "oh... this song gives me snsd vibes". And those songs are usually a song with harmonizing or nice melody. ie. slow songs. Like I could picture snsd singing it as well. :D songs like "Complete" or "How Great is Your Love".
You are right. Most likely will vary on eras.
Interesting, great harmonization is also their strong signature.
I don't know if you are familiar with this song,

When I first heard it, thought it was an SNSD song. So, for me, their sound is along that style (F.e Let's Talk About Love, Etude, Girlfriend, Boyfriend, My Child, Sweet Talking Baby, etc.). Lol.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,985,620
You are right. Most likely will vary on eras.
Interesting, great harmonization is also their strong signature.
I don't know if you are familiar with this song,

When I first heard it, thought it was an SNSD song. So, for me, their sound is along that style (F.e Let's Talk About Love, Etude, Girlfriend, Boyfriend, My Child, Sweet Talking Baby, etc.). Lol.

I know Secret but have never heard of that song :giggle: But yeah... songs with that kind of vibe I always can picture SNSD vocals. I'm sure it varies for most Sones tho how they interpret what exactly is "snsd sound" or genre. Since as we discussed... they have covered such a wide range of styles and songs over their long career. It's hard to pinpoint a specific sound. But for me... this is how I see it :)

Livy

탱구 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,705
Taeyeon topping the charts and Yoona topping the box office :cool:

Begin Again 3 preview!

Livy

탱구 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,705
OT8!!!!!!!! 😭

EA5lQEQXYAAJ-4O

EA5lQRQWsAEQr3o

EA5lQYvX4AEEIlH

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,985,620
So much SNSD content today!!! :love: :love: :love:

makes me so happy to see OT8. usually we see 1 member missing from photos but not this time! I'm glad they were able to ALL meet before HyoTae goes to Japan for smtown concert.

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭28,000
Pronouns
she/her
How y'all doin fellow Sones.

Just curious, what would you guys consider SNSD's signature sound? The one that screams, "Oh, sounds like SNSD!" This has been a thought of mine for quite a long time, reason - them being a concept and versatile queens, hard to distinguish. :sejeongcry:

My take would prolly be (upbeat?) modern x retro. Idk if that makes sense, like a combination of classic, 1st gen type of sound with a touch of trendy, pop elements. Especially, around Gee-Hoot era.
Or maybe country style? :wut:

Uh....

I would've never imagined that this question would be so hard to answer. They are definitely versatile, I was showing my kpop friend SNSD earlier and she asked what concept they usually go for and I was like ?? They have everything??
Just look at groups nowadays, they don't go from concept like Oh to a Run Devil Run concept in one comeback. So I would say...they don't have a signature sound because they are so versatile :teehee:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,985,620
some highlights from smtown tokyo... idk if some don't want to be spoiled but idk how to put a spoiler here yet

Velvet

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,665
Hey SONEs!

Tomorrow we'll be a month away from OH!GG's first year anniversary. Does anyone think we have any hope for a comeback soon-ish?

When SM initially announced the unit I was excited because I thought we would get GG activities more frequently. Like... at least an unpromoted comeback a year. But here we are nearly at a year and...no signs of anything despite the fact that we managed to buy close to 50k kino albums and Lil' Touch did better digitally than Holiday and All Night.

I feel now that the only reason SM created OH!GG was because they wanted to sell GG related items like Season's Greetings but didn't want to say that TiSeoSoo had left the group. Sucks because the unit has potential to do well.

Top Bottom