aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

Liquorish

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,000
OMG people are so annoying acting like SM will transform the girls into some kind of sex fantasy for old men
just because they'll create AI
it's certainly being blown out of proportion by a couple people but i will say one of the takes i found myself agreeing with is that it’s one thing to create an AI version of a completely fictional character, but to create an AI of a person, especially a teenage girl, for the purposes of being owned by random people is dangerous enough on its own. now when you put that together with the already huge issues regarding sasaengs and how poorly these matters have been handled by SM in the past, this could definetly escalate that situation, which kinda worries me because people felt entitled enough to their idols' lives before they whipped this out.
not sure if i’m making any sense, but either way, it’s one thing to own a poster or a photocard but you’re giving AI versions of these girls to people when not once have you prioritized the safety of your artists, and that was before this was even introduced. hopefully a concept of this nature means SM is gonna start taking stronger measures to protect the safety/privacy of their artists, but i can see why people are put off by it. if anything it will exasperate the severity of parasocial relationships between idols and their fans even further, which is great for profit but might not be as good from a personal standpoint when it comes to the girls and their safety.

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,500
i feel bad since i was anticipating smngg debut for so long... but i'm really not feeling aespa. this ai concept is just weird and makes it evident that sm view their idols as products. and honestly, i agree with netizens when they say the teasers look like they come from a small agency. as for the names... aespa, winter, karina???? :iwillfightyou:

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
I kinda feel bad to be the only one here who loves the AI concept. I really don't understand what's creepy about it and for now, it's only speculations of fans going too far.

First of all, if they are only 4 members then all of them are adults. But even if they are underaged, they're basically Sims versions of the girls. Jimin literally says "just another me?". The AI don't even look sexualized. Hatsune Miku is extremely popular, Vocaloids have a lot of fans and their fandom isn't creepier than the one of most feminine idol groups. I don't think we'll be able to interact with the AIs more than we can interact with the members. And if we can it's gonna get boring real fast because I doubt that they will create a unique experience for every single fan.

From the way I understand it, the AI will only be used on MV (i don't think they're going to sing) and stuff like that. They'll maybe be on concerts, like Hatsune Miku or that Michael Jackson concert where they used an hologram which I personally find cool ! When they say that we can get our own AI, I hope they'll make a website where we can create our own and why not make a small game like barbie girls back in the day, habbo etc... or imvu but pg rated. I doubt that it's gonna happen but it would be fun.
I think the concept could even be beneficial to the girls if SM uses it well. They could rest longer than the average and in the meantime use AI for new content so there would never be a month without any content, either from the girls or the AI. More content with less money and more free time for the girls.

You have to look at it with a positive mind and stop getting worried by everything. AI aren't h*ntai. Some of you may even have your own AI if you play imvu, second life or the sims. It's not that different.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I kinda feel bad to be the only one here who loves the AI concept. I really don't understand what's creepy about it and for now, it's only speculations of fans going too far.

First of all, if they are only 4 members then all of them are adults. But even if they are underaged, they're basically Sims versions of the girls. Jimin literally says "just another me?". The AI don't even look sexualized. Hatsune Miku is extremely popular, Vocaloids have a lot of fans and their fandom isn't creepier than the one of most feminine idol groups. I don't think we'll be able to interact with the AIs more than we can interact with the members. And if we can it's gonna get boring real fast because I doubt that they will create a unique experience for every single fan.

From the way I understand it, the AI will only be used on MV (i don't think they're going to sing) and stuff like that. They'll maybe be on concerts, like Hatsune Miku or that Michael Jackson concert where they used an hologram which I personally find cool ! When they say that we can get our own AI, I hope they'll make a website where we can create our own and why not make a small game like barbie girls back in the day, habbo etc... or imvu but pg rated. I doubt that it's gonna happen but it would be fun.
I think the concept could even be beneficial to the girls if SM uses it well. They could rest longer than the average and in the meantime use AI for new content so there would never be a month without any content, either from the girls or the AI. More content with less money and more free time for the girls.

You have to look at it with a positive mind and stop getting worried by everything. AI aren't h*ntai. Some of you may even have your own AI if you play imvu, second life or the sims. It's not that different.
Hatsune Miku is a fictional character though that's the main difference...same w/ kda the voice actors have no connection to the characters if they make the ai's more fictional like give them powers/a unique storyline to make them more video-gamey I think that'd be different but the way they're advertising it now is as virtual friends who have the same personality as the idols (that you can literally own and control).

This blurs the lines between reality and a sold fantasy for a group of fans who may already have trouble doing that. Especially the hotel thing even though (obviously) not intentionally sexual is still is incredibly poor taste considering how many scares idols deal with related to that irl, and it's basically romanticizing it. I do think letting the girls rest is part of it as well as concerts (I don't think they would have done this concept in a non-covid world) but I think refusing to look at problems in the name of 'being positive' is silly especially when you're looking at a mega-corporation like SM who main goal at the end of the day is to make money and not necessarily be ethical.
also Jimin's ai clearly is designed with wider hips than she seems to actually have but I'm not gonna get into the weeds of what makes a sexualized design bc that's ultimately not the main problem

Last edited:

dayeon_you

demian world domination
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,725
im on a train but i cant miss the reveal of lovely ningning (or maybe aeri) watch them make her stage name something dumb instead of ningning or vivian

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,482,564
Pronouns
She/Her
:sejeongcry::sejeongcry::sejeongcry:Ningning!!!!

Reactions: dnb

ellybelly

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,700
honestly, one of the things that makes me so uncomfortable about the AIs is the way the bodies are so unrealistic and exaggerated and clearly hypersexualised. I just don’t want them to have weird otakus and uncle fans using this to fulfil their gross fantasies. idk, I’m just not keen on this idea. we’ll see

also, ningning looks gorgeous! getting slightly more disappointed though since it’s 95% likely that it really is just a 4 member group :/

Top Bottom