aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740

and please write comments on youtube because dumb people are spamming them with hate​

The bots/antis spamming the comments must be so disheartening, I hope the girls don't see it :sadpepe:

But bad news aside, their charting well for this being their debut and it only being hours from the mv drop! :sejeongcry:

dayeon_you

demian world domination
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,725
im late to the party but im in AWE. this debut is amazing. the mv is stunning, the song is actually good for once, the vocals are godtier (cant believe aespa is just 4 main vocals lol), i am in love with all of them

(also i think the weird person at the end is just navis again. i always get the feeling of seeing an old friend when they appear like “oh wassup navis” lol)

Liquorish

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,000
kinda slept through all the initial reactions but i can't even front like i wasn't obsessed with every second of the music video. you can tell how hard they all worked for this and i'm really really glad SM is matching that with a good production budget. all that being said, ningning's first line and the second chorus are definetly standouts for me!! i kinda collapsed when the whole karina moment cut back to her in the dance formation then to center winter like it was nothing.

ellybelly

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,700
I can’t believe that it’s finally here!!!!!!! the girls debuted!!!!!! literally waited 5 years for this moment, I can’t believe it. I’m so happy and proud of them. also, I can’t help but think about Koeun, Lami, Yiyang, Hina today. It must feel bittersweet for them. I really wish them the best for them. :peepoblanket:

anyway, I’m just gonna be honest - I don’t love the song. sounds more like a BP demo or something from a small company ngl. doesn’t have the SM magic that I’m used to. also, the MV is a little underwhelming imo. I would’ve preferred more of the aesthetic of the Karina/Black Mamba scene because it was really gorgeous and felt so unique. however, the girls looked absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Karina - wow. she’s destined to be popular. and Winter is so fricking cute, definitely my bias. her voice is so good too, was way better than I was expecting!! here’s to visuals who can actually SING 😍 (no shade to anyone btw bc I usually bias the visuals, but it does feel refreshing)

Also, I have to say, I really hate this avatar concept. sorry but it completely cheapened the video in my opinion and it’s just useless. as a korean learner, the lyrics made me cringe so much... why did SM have to base their entire song upon this weird avatar world concept? even the lyrics. it was super cringe. but then again, SM are known for having really cringe lyrics (growl, call me baby, zimzalabim)

I really hope this will be a grower for me. or I hope it’ll be a case like RV. debuting with a not very great song (Happiness) and then absolutely serving with Ice Cream Cake 😍

Regardless of SM’s terrible choices (in my opinion), I commend the girls for their hard work! I really hope that they won’t get too much hate. PANN is already tearing them apart for their “lack of visuals” and comparing them to Stayc and other rookie groups. I really want the girls to stand out and prove people wrong. I hope SM doesn’t ruin this for them

sorry to seem like I’m complaining. I’m still excited to see the girls in their promotions and to get to know them. what an exciting journey we have ahead of us with Aespa!!:peepopbirthday:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,920,420
It's been a looong time since I last went on Vlive, but SM (finally) made a Vlive channel for SHINee a few weeks ago and when I followed them the layout was kinda the same if I remember well ? I'm just worried because it says that it is temporarly free so I really hope we won't get too much paid content or stuff like that

yeah... cuz the other sm channels i subscribe too like smtown, exo, red velvet etc have all their videos etc. so idk if this is something new or not. it seems to be a combination of Vlive and bubble/lysn? Lol. cuz you can post messages to the girls and they are posting photos on there too. I think there is a basic and a paid. so... paid will probably be for stuff like reality show, showcase or something more exclusive.

The bots/antis spamming the comments must be so disheartening, I hope the girls don't see it :sadpepe:

But bad news aside, their charting well for this being their debut and it only being hours from the mv drop! :sejeongcry:

what bots? are they spamming comments like
No One:
Literally no one:

i remember blinks and armys were doing that on each others mvs to mess up their views etc

I can’t believe that it’s finally here!!!!!!! the girls debuted!!!!!! literally waited 5 years for this moment, I can’t believe it. I’m so happy and proud of them. also, I can’t help but think about Koeun, Lami, Yiyang, Hina today. It must feel bittersweet for them. I really wish them the best for them. :peepoblanket:

anyway, I’m just gonna be honest - I don’t love the song. sounds more like a BP demo or something from a small company ngl. doesn’t have the SM magic that I’m used to. also, the MV is a little underwhelming imo. I would’ve preferred more of the aesthetic of the Karina/Black Mamba scene because it was really gorgeous and felt so unique. however, the girls looked absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Karina - wow. she’s destined to be popular. and Winter is so fricking cute, definitely my bias. her voice is so good too, was way better than I was expecting!! here’s to visuals who can actually SING 😍 (no shade to anyone btw bc I usually bias the visuals, but it does feel refreshing)

Also, I have to say, I really hate this avatar concept. sorry but it completely cheapened the video in my opinion and it’s just useless. as a korean learner, the lyrics made me cringe so much... why did SM have to base their entire song upon this weird avatar world concept? even the lyrics. it was super cringe. but then again, SM are known for having really cringe lyrics (growl, call me baby, zimzalabim)

I really hope this will be a grower for me. or I hope it’ll be a case like RV. debuting with a not very great song (Happiness) and then absolutely serving with Ice Cream Cake 😍

Regardless of SM’s terrible choices (in my opinion), I commend the girls for their hard work! I really hope that they won’t get too much hate. PANN is already tearing them apart for their “lack of visuals” and comparing them to Stayc and other rookie groups. I really want the girls to stand out and prove people wrong. I hope SM doesn’t ruin this for them

sorry to seem like I’m complaining. I’m still excited to see the girls in their promotions and to get to know them. what an exciting journey we have ahead of us with Aespa!!:peepopbirthday:

You left out Herin. Who seems very happy that she moved back to the UK and back in school. I don't follow the other ex trainees or if they still pursuing show business. think Yiyang is under Tao's label? the others maybe gave up.

as for the song... it wasn't as hard hitting as I thought it would be. but sometimes you need to listen to the song without watching the mv cuz that sometimes distracts you from actually listening to the song. Which sounds was better. I think its a good debut. Not all sm artist debuts are that great. I though nct "the 7th sense" was just ok too. Now look at them. so I'm not gonna dwell too much on it. But seems like they are doing quite well than I expected on the charts and views.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Well I'm here congrats girls :peepopbirthday:
The song's good, I prefer the verses to the chorus but it's definitely not a bad start and probably more public friendly than songs like happiness were, and I'm pleasantly surprised that Giselle didn't rap and we got to hear her voice! The mv was generic aes wise for a 4th gen gg but we already knew that from the teasers but the girls looked great and I'm grateful SM didn't add CA or something on top of the plagiarism bc I wouldn't put it past them...Also happy that the ais barely appeared + excited to see the theories :wherearethelies:

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,636,866
Vocals. I heard vocals, and they were good. Not just from Ningning but from two other members as well. I need to rewatch the MV to figure out who's doing what.

I'm happy with the debut song, too. I was worried they'd be a Blackpink 2.0, but they walked the fine line between present day girl crush and SM's considerable pop heritage. Well done!

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,482,464
Pronouns
She/Her
I just saw the mv....i'm happy because they FINALLY DEBUT!!!! So no matter what, this is a day to celebrate for the girls and for us.
Honestly i didn't like the song...at all....but maybe because in my mind the demo of that unknown song lives rent free. The worst part is the lyrics: it feels like when they dubbed anime songs from Latin America so the lyrics have changed to say the anime's name.
The thing that i love: there is no rap part!!!! We have four excellent vocalists and that's enough for me.
It is good that the chorus is easy to sing because that dance move on the floor looks difficult.
The girls worked super hard for this and SM music is my style....so i'll support them until the end.
I can't wait to see them interacting with each other.

Top Bottom