The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread

creme caramel

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500
Pronouns
She/Her
Don’t fans ship him with Renjun or something? He doesn’t ping for me (maybe bisexual at most?) but a lot of dream fans swear he’s gay???

I also want to add some unpopular opinions on this list:
- If New was dating a woman I wouldn’t be surprised. He may dress feminine but I honestly can’t find any other evidence other than how he dresses that he likes men?
Code:
his

- I thought Chaewon or Sakura were the members of lesserafim people swore were LGBT?? Where did Kazuha come from??

- I’d love to hear other’s opinions, but tbh no one in lesserafim’s ever pinged for me.

- I wouldn’t be surprised if Irene is dating a man either. The general consensus I’ve seen is that she might be ace, Yeri or Seulgi’s usually the one people swear likes girls (generation)
the most popular ship involving jaemin is nomin (him and jeno) as for my opinion on his sexuality all i can say he has no solid receipts apart the fact he pings a lot of people (me included) and considering his dating rumor with that actress i highly doubt he's gay at this point
he seems like a straight guy really confident with his sexuality to me 🤷

as for kazuha i think it's mostly wishful thinking (and i totally understand it, she's my bias and i'd love her to be fam 😂)

as for ten (i imagine you are referring to him? 👀) he has A LOT of receipts (writing a note to johnny where he said he wanted to have sex with his f*t ass, that time when his high school teacher basically outed him and said he wasn't interesting in girls during NCT life, he never described his ideal type and keeps it genderless most of time and the list goes on ... ) he's basically a glass closet case at this point. i personally think he's gay but i wouldn't rule out completely the possibility of him being attracted also to girls, who knows.

i can see irene dating a men as well (even she'll always ping me no matter what !!!) but seulgi is a new one to me, from what i've read on most forums or discord she's mostly agreed to be straight and i personally agree.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,200
I wanna watch the drama, but I also don't because he goes from lead to side character. Lol
Yeah, he is the side character already and its only episode 3. I looked at the cast list and there doesn’t seem to be a love interest. I reckon his only purpose was setting up a new scenario for a het love story.

Yunana

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,400
Pronouns
She/Her
Where did Kazuha come from??
Probably stems mostly from wishful thinking like someone else said, but she did get asked at a fan meeting last year what her ideal type was. In response, Kazuha asked for clarification whether they meant her ideal type in men or women before giving an answer. The term used in Korean (이상형) only has a romantic connotation, so some people took note of this.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭89,000
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, he is the side character already and its only episode 3. I looked at the cast list and there doesn’t seem to be a love interest. I reckon his only purpose was setting up a new scenario for a het love story.
Okay, yeah. That's my problem with it. People, including the actor himself, were talking about how cool and novel it was. And that it was representation that wasn't a BL, but it's just relegation of gay characters back to the sidelines. I'll give them a couple points for not making him a caricature, but the bar is so, so low. I'm still waiting for a mainstream drama to out-do Love With Flaws and The Lover.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭89,000
Pronouns
He/Him
Anyone feel like talking dancers? Besides Eo-ddae (because obviously), who gives you the vibes?

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭619,300
Pronouns
He/Him
Anyone feel like talking dancers? Besides Eo-ddae (because obviously), who gives you the vibes?
Choi Youngjun has been pinging me in recent years. Maybe just because he's got a bit of a similar vibe to some other out dancers. Whenever anyone is getting fruity or sassy during the mandatory survival show dance battle he's always so into lol

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭89,000
Pronouns
He/Him
Choi Youngjun has been pinging me in recent years. Maybe just because he's got a bit of a similar vibe to some other out dancers. Whenever anyone is getting fruity or sassy during the mandatory survival show dance battle he's always so into lol
Isn't his nickname the father of girl groups or something? That's pretty damning. Lol. But, tbh, most of 1million's smf team pings me. Root, Yechan, Alexx, Yumeki, Youngjun. Only Kooyoung and Nino didn't give me vibes.

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
They didn't tell me anything authentic, just that he's a fan of Lady Gaga or that he did queer musicals... but is that really all?
This is my question

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
Honestly, if Ren is gay, explain it to me then!

This Vlive from 2016...At minute 15:10 when they are going to test the shock machine on Ren
Baekho asks a "girl group that caught his attention romantically"...I'll be honest that I also believed Ren was gay until I saw this video
Why would a gay man be romantically interested in a woman?

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭619,300
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly, if Ren is gay, explain it to me then!

This Vlive from 2016...At minute 15:10 when they are going to test the shock machine on Ren
Baekho asks a "girl group that caught his attention romantically"...I'll be honest that I also believed Ren was gay until I saw this video
Why would a gay man be romantically interested in a woman?

Boy if this is your version of authentic I hope you aren't any part of law enforcement or the criminal justice system lmao

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭93,935
Ever since Karina’s dating reveal there have been a lot of talks online about assuming an idol’s sexuality since many thought she was a lesbian. Many say people shouldn’t assume an idol or anyone’s sexuality since only they truly know, I was wondering how we feel about it.

I certainly think no one should go ask an idol what sexuality they are. Like said earlier, we aren’t starting relationships with them lol. And I do think some people only support same sex coupling due to shipping or jealously, and would be actually upset if any came out.

However I feel like they’re still a minority, at least compared to what others say online. Some act like anyone suggesting an idol may not be straight is literally outing them to their friends and family. Most people would be pretty rationale.

What bugs me is a lot of the people who say “we shouldn’t assume straight, gay, bi, etc.” almost never say that when someone says they hope a male idol finds a nice husband or they hope a female idol marries a good man if that’s what they want. And if there are inklings of an idol showing queer support or characteristics people will say “oh they don’t actually know” or “it’s only fanservice” which can be true…but it also may not be.

Top Bottom