The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭90,435
didn't read the book but I'm curious about the drama (and the movie)
I heard the movie is supposed to be more about him and Jae Hee his college friend and her life.

The drama seems to be more about his romantic partners.

Here’s the 2nd trailer (unsubbed)

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭131,100
Pronouns
She/Her
I heard the movie is supposed to be more about him and Jae Hee his college friend and her life.

The drama seems to be more about his romantic partners.

Here’s the 2nd trailer (unsubbed)

yeah, the movie is more about friendship, the drama is going to be different

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭90,435
Randomly stumbled open this video. Not sure how accurate it is but it’s interesting seeing the similarities and differences in gay culture globally.

Maybe Chinese gays can speak to the veracity of it lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,100
Pronouns
He/Him
Randomly stumbled open this video. Not sure how accurate it is but it’s interesting seeing the similarities and differences in gay culture globabally.

Maybe Chinese gays can speak to the veracity of it lol

Why are we messy in every language though? Lmao

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,100
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, it was really good.
Maybe you can enlighten me. I watched it, but I found it so... Empty. The plot wasn't really there. The acting was rough. I wanted chemistry, but it didn't have enough time. It also suffered from the bury your gays trope. Plus extra gay tragedy (but expected because Joseon). I'm disappointed. I really wanted to like it. Ren and Sangnam were beautiful though. Haha.

ten.lve

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,800
Pronouns
she/they
how are we all feeling about this

funny how they're both seen as the most hetero assumed members from their groups (or at least to my knowledge i.n fs) so this is completely unexpected if it's true 👀

Last edited:

seokqlr

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,600
Pronouns
she/her

funny how they're both seen as the most hetero assumed members from their groups (or at least to my knowledge i.n fs) so this is completely unexpected if it's true 👀

i just came here to post this too hahah
i dont know much about skz so i was gonna ask what is the general consensus on i.n?
as a moa, beomgyu is often seen as "the gay one of the group"

ten.lve

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,800
Pronouns
she/they
i just came here to post this too hahah
i dont know much about skz so i was gonna ask what is the general consensus on i.n?
as a moa, beomgyu is often seen as "the gay one of the group"
i used to be big into txt back when they debuted and always saw soobin as the gay one but beomgyu not so much

but for i.n i've always seen him as straight and nothing more. never noticed anything suspicious about him, nor payed attention to him that much out of everyone in skz

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭608,000
Pronouns
He/Him

I think this could definitely be just a friends thing tbh but I'd be very willing to believe gay beomgyu. I haven't followed skz closely in years but I never really got much of a vibe from i.n at all but he also had a very bad case of the maknae effect, ie fans babying him a lot and him not necessarily expressing much interest. A lot of noona fans but not much else.

I mentioned earlier in the thread an episode of Weekly Idol where Lee Know hits on him hardcore and he was definitely not uncomfortable with it but his response read very "I'm het so this doesn't matter or phase me" but that was a while ago anyway.

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,737,500
Pronouns
She/Her
Gay beomgyu? Did I miss something? :wut:

I’ve always known Soobin to be the designated gay member of TXT, he’s even had dating rumors.

People debate a lot over Yeonjun being Bi, and there’s a constant debate over Kai though a lot of people think Kai might be ace?

seokqlr

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,600
Pronouns
she/her
Gay beomgyu? Did I miss something? :wut:

I’ve always known Soobin to be the designated gay member of TXT, he’s even had dating rumors.

People debate a lot over Yeonjun being Bi, and there’s a constant debate over Kai though a lot of people think Kai might be ace?
yes soobin too!! but i meant beomgyu is the kind of deisgnated "babygirl" of the group. i think beomgyu is definitely attracted to men, although idk if hes bi or gay but def likes men

i think yeonjun is straight, but if he ever came out as bi i wouldn't be surprised. i think if anything he has something gender-related going on

personally im a gay kai truther i could actually talk about it for hours haha it feels like a lot of the speculation is always on yeonjun and soobin so he kind of flies under the radar since he's not one of the popular members

with taehyun he's very hard to read... to me he seems similar to yeonjun where i think he's straight, but if he was bi that also wouldnt surprise me

to me taehyun and yeonjun seem like the straight duo of the group, and the others are queer

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,100
Pronouns
He/Him
“EphemeralGayz is probably exaggerating.”

*watches trailer*

Oh no they got a point.

Lmao
Yay! Validation! I thought I was going crazy for a hot minute.

After boys planet, mnet seems to be leaning into it a bit. Weird and fascinating. I can just imagine some low key queen sitting in on those meetings and raising his hand with ideas like this and I thank him. Lol

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,737,500
Pronouns
She/Her
Namjoon’s back at it again with Emoji guy:

GXRBsBIWUAAQOoa

Bro why are you getting back with your ex? :sideeyeumji: :lizheadache:

Top Bottom