The Official E-girls Thread

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
E.G.Family stood a chance when they originally announced their reboot. Even though alot of fans (Japanese and International) were disappointed with members leaving, the promise of equal promotions and still having everyone involved under the brand was still enough to keep them afloat.

But the minute Shuuka left and Shukaren disbanded, everything just got worse.

Flower, the BEST, selling group under the female tag, was put on a back burner to the point that it felt like they were a sub unit and then they were disbanded without so much as a goodbye. Just a two week notice like the fans who followed them for years could be satisfy with a damn resignation letter. Happiness was tossed a single here and there with less and less promotions every time (The poor reception to Chao Chao is a direct result of the lack of attention LDH gave that single). Most (i) fans didn't even know the single had dropped because they was such sparse news on it.

SYY is the only unit that had consistent promotions and I feel like that's because the girls themselves are much more involved in their work with the sub unit than they are in their OG.

D.E.P. singles were a hit or miss for me but I enjoyed LDH doing something different and having a sort of whimsical group that connected The Exile Tribe and E.G.Family and the unit had a solid fanbase. When they disbanded, I knew Shizuka's career was basically over, even when they announced her solo. As piss poor as they've done with Ami, who was one of the most popular members under E.G.Family, I figured they'd do Shizuka just as bad.

And lo and behold, they did. I was furious with that pity excuse of a debut they gave her. It was underwhelming and not even properly promoted. She should have came out with something stronger, both in sound and image.

Poor Amis sales have been dipping so bad, I actually think it's best for her not to release anything for a while ... She has a bright and cheerful personality though and I'm surprised that LDH didn't take advantage of that by trying to have her casted as an MC or a permanent member of some variety program (which would also help her with exposure and hopefully sales).

All in all, the management of E.G.Family has been a disaster since the reforms and the company has done Jack shit to remedy the situation.

Meanwhile they are getting ready to debut a new boy group (4 groups in 4 years y'all)... where's the new girl group that they've been working on? Why not create a new sub unit in E.G.Family? How about giving better songs to your soloists?

Such a dissapointment.

PS: Aya is still employed with LDH. Shes a creative director. She was the one involved with E.G 2020 calendar (shes also the one who did their photo book back in 2012).

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
I need another Shizuka single, LDH ;-:

I thought it'd be a cool idea to have her and Crystal Kay have a joint project (two super good singers undervalued in their company). Something like "The Boy Is Mine" type of vibe. It could come in 2 versions with Shizuka on one cover and Crystal on the other and the B side being a solo from them. Could promote it as "Whose team are you on?" with people voting online. And having posters of them on buildings with each girl on one side (to push the "versus" concept). Whoever won the online poll would have a follow up digital single.

Just tossing ideas as I really like both of them and wish they'd do more than rot in LDHs basement. I think something like that would also help to push them more in the public since I think both of their popularities have taken a dive.

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
Did you guys know avex uploaded the full version of PC?

Ngl I'm close to tearing up at the perfection of this era. This is my absolute favorite single from them, especially with those b-sides, and everyone looked spectacular. Aya was a freakin goddess here, and Shuuka speaks for herself. The slow shots were sooo good, and the choreo was awesome.

It's incredible that I haven't seen this version in so long that I forgot how blown away I was by it.

I thought it'd be a cool idea to have her and Crystal Kay have a joint project (two super good singers undervalued in their company). Something like "The Boy Is Mine" type of vibe. It could come in 2 versions with Shizuka on one cover and Crystal on the other and the B side being a solo from them. Could promote it as "Whose team are you on?" with people voting online. And having posters of them on buildings with each girl on one side (to push the "versus" concept). Whoever won the online poll would have a follow up digital single.

Just tossing ideas as I really like both of them and wish they'd do more than rot in LDHs basement. I think something like that would also help to push them more in the public since I think both of their popularities have taken a dive.

Woman We Are needed an MV tbh I'm disappointed but not surprised they went with the ballad for that instead

Honestly I'm here for more exposure for any of the girls. I just know they wont get it, and even promoting their own artists together sounds like too much for them lol

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
Bruh they changed it to YouTube Premium users only lol. I swear it wasn't like that when I posted bc I don't have that 💀

Oof well I have the MVs on blu-ray, but I don't want to sit in front of a TV watch them lmao I really thought they were getting with the times and putting everything online 🙄

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
Saw the performance and I didn't really care for "Easy Come, Easy Go". It feels like a new era version of Dance, Dance, Dance. But the all black dulled the stage and the live vocals weren't anything to rave about. Maybe I need to see the MV to get a better look/sound.

I thought Cinderella Fit was a perfect sound, image, and routine for E.G.11. That and Love Queen suited them really well while and they were performed well top.

EDIT: ECEG grew on me but it isn't one of my favorites from E.G11

Last edited:

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
Not trying to start anything but since E.G.11, Yuzu is the only thing saving these live performances (vocally).

I thought losing 4 vocalists would affect the overall sound (Ruri, Aya, and Shizuka brought the lower tones) but the live performances have gone from bad to worse. I can see why they started promoting ballads as a title track for the first time with the rebranding; they can't keep up with the constant energetic dance pops release.

Reina was always a weak dancer but it didn't show as much when the group was 18/19 ( and in Flower, she didn't often dance outside of the music videos). But now shes having a hard time catching her breath with the routines. Karen can dance but shes struggling for air halfway through the performances and cant do both simultaneously with the more energetic songs. Meanwhile Yuzu who wasn't the strongest vocalist in the group has improved tenfold.

Everyone's going to have their good and bad stages but it's been a declining trend for E.G11. (Their performance in the Korean festival will remain as their worst performance)

EDIT: This is the disaster I'm talking about (But got damn, Karen and Harumi looked so good).

Last edited:
S

Some

I liked the first part i didnt and the cool part parts the vocalists had individually the chorous not so much and the childish woah after they sing new and just when i thought EG11 finally found their color . They looked good though the dance is cool and i too need the mv to fully judge please god dont let this be a digital single or a single with only 2 songs 🙄 . Edit : Vocal wise i personally thought reina wasnt bad she had a slip up or two but she did great karen started out greatin the middle i couldnt hear hear maybe she was out of breath ? Yuzuna was perfect start to finish i personally dont care about lives its not like ill ever go to and i know they will do their best plus reinas voice got tired from main vocaling E-girls and screaming her lungs out in flower she only has egirls now so im going to wait for offical promotions plus these twitter videos are bad quality so i usually wait for mv/audio or HQ performance if i have time but i dont care i just thank god they have a job now

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I'm not sure how I feel about the new song. It does sound like it's in the vein of Dance, Dance, Dance and has one those very E-girls type of choruses. I'm not crazy about mic stand choreo routines, so that's a negative for me. Looking forward to an MV to get a better impression of it.

Well idk about anyone else but I'm looking forward to a new song lol

E-girls have been fairly quiet this year. If they want to get another album out in April, they need some more songs. I think the only tracks that we have so far are Perfect World, EG Energy, and Cinderella Fit. Since EG Energy was recorded specifically for E-Kou, I don't know if they'd bother including it.

Not trying to start anything but since E.G.11, Yuzu is the only thing saving these live performances (vocally).

I thought losing 4 vocalists would affect the overall sound (Ruri, Aya, and Shizuka brought the lower tones) but the live performances have gone from bas to worse. I can see why they started promoting ballads as a title track for the first time with the rebranding; they cant keep up with the constant energetic dance pops release.

Reina was always a weak dancer but it didn't show as much when the group was 18/19 ( and in Flower, she didn't often dance outside of the music videos). But now shes having a hard time catching her breath with the routines. Karen can dance but shes struggling for air halfway through the performances and cant do both simultaneously with the more energetic songs. Meanwhile Yuzu who wasnt the strongest vocalist in the group has really improved tenfold.

Everyone's going to have their good and bad stages but it's been a declining trend for E.G11. (Their performance in the Korean festival will remain as their worst performance)

For me, Shizuka's voice is really missed on their songs since the restructuring. Reina, Karen, and Yuzu all have higher voices. A deeper voice would add more range to their sound.

I liked the first part i didnt and the cool part parts the vocalists had individually the chorous not so much and the childish woah after they sing new and just when i thought EG11 finally found their color . They looked good though the dance is cool and i too need the mv to fully judge please god dont let this be a digital single or a single with only 2 songs 🙄 . Edit : Vocal wise i personally thought reina wasnt bad she had a slip up or two but she did great karen started out greatin the middle i couldnt hear hear maybe she was out of breath ? Yuzuna was perfect start to finish i personally dont care about lives its not like ill ever go to and i know they will do their best plus reinas voice got tired from main vocaling E-girls and screaming her lungs out in flower she only has egirls now so im going to wait for offical promotions plus these twitter videos are bad quality so i usually wait for mv/audio or HQ performance if i have time but i dont care i just thank god they have a job now

The audio is half decent in this video on bilibli. Voices are clear, but the music is hard to hear.

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
I'm sure EG Energy will be included in their next album. They'll pull literally any material to fill it up lol.

I think the MV of Easy Come Easy Go will be much better. The live sounded weak and kinda out of tune, but I'm not really expecting much better from them at this point. As long as the recorded songs sound good then that's probably all we can ask for this era.

Also, Shizuka's voice was invaluable to the group 😔

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
You can win a signed Polaroid picture of Harumi but I dont know if it's a international event or not.

S

Some

in all seriousness though i'm happy were getting more E-girls i missed them even though im not a fan of their music anymore but i still love the girls and enjoy a few b sides and an a side or 2 when i feel like it i hope its not a 2 track single or a digital single please 🙄 or worse a " project " like lfh and mw .

S

Some

I thought the tour will be just e★girls but since its 2011→2020 we'll be getting E💎girls two awesome ! even if its for a show or too im fine i'm glad ruri and miyuu wont have another year long hiatus

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think Easy Come, Easy Go is pretty fun. I'm not even sure what other EG songs I'd liken it to... it's either a mix or something totally different lol. I am kinda glad it's just a digital since I think the physical (real) single should be stronger, but I don't mind this one.

S

Some

I thought there is gonna be an mv for ECEG still nothing .. weird did ldh totally forget they have females in their company ? Yuzuna said its coming soon meaning they shot it but still nothing? Smh . Now they are officially mistreating them

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
Idk but LDH should keep the hype up for them if there are 3 songs they're promoting with the physical release in Jan - that's coming up soon!

Top Bottom