The Official E-girls Thread

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭81,290
I’m hate ldh!! The girls should have left and formed their own group under a different label cuz I swear it got worse and worse over the years. How is it that exile tribe was and still is flourishing while eg fam was fading and is now dead. Perfect Year my ASS

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
I honestly am salty that they never really tried with Dream. They could have had more modern music instead of generic, dated ballads that didn't stand out from other people, and they could still have been active and more popular. As much as I love Konna ni mo, it's still only a small part of what they could do.

At the time I got into EG, the kpop releases I was listening to were more heavily electronic like Taeyeon's Why album, and they had a summer chill sound that I really liked. A lot of house music, a lot of cool stuff that I could envision people internationally listening to. That is exactly the kinda direction I would have loved Dream to take because they could have had a more mature yet experimental sound.

But nah, their last song was Blanket Snow, and my god that couldn't have been more forgettable as a single. Not a bad song, but not a song to say goodbye to your group with.

Not pushing the girls like that hurt them so much. And with the girls in LDH thinking they needed to graduate from the larger group to let the younger members shine, all I can think about is the older men in the boy groups who were active way longer. Aya probably thought she was honestly too old for all of it, and that really fucking sucks.

And of course as soon as the large group split up... everything went downhill. I thought their biggest issue before was really just not letting some of the members have more spotlight, both vocal- and dance-wise. It didn't actually require anyone to LEAVE. But anyway...

With the focus then being on 11 girls, a number of whom had been largely ignored before, you'd think they would be far more balanced and generally happier with their work opportunities. If they all didn't like the structure before, then it should have at least gotten better, right?

2019: "Hold my beer."

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I'm sure I said this before, but E-girls weren't in a good place even when the re-organization happened. They should have been way bigger than they were, but by early 2017 album sales were already declining. LDH never really pushed the individual groups other than Flower and E-girls were never given the attention they deserved to be a true sister group to Exile. Things shouldn't have turned out this way, but I guess LDH had different priorities. Even though I'm not optimistic about the future, I'll follow them until the end.

Last edited:

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
I'm sure I said this before, but E-girls weren't in a good place even when the re-organization happened. They should have been way bigger than they were, but by early 2017 album sales were already declining. LDH never really pushed the individual groups other than Flower and E-girls were never given the attention they deserved to be a true sister group to Exile. Things shouldn't have turned out this way, but I guess LDH had different priorities. Even though I'm not optimistic about the future, I'll follow them until the end.

That's all we can do, right? Especially as international fans who mean so little to the Japanese entertainment industry. :(

The girls have given me so much joy during some rough times I've had, and I will always want to follow them.

It seems counter intuitive at this point to keep hoping for good things to happen, but here we are still.

So, I'll keep saying "I hope" unsarcastically - and I hope that everyone does find their happiness in what they do next.

Please, LDH, don't put all your stakes on Reina by herself. Don't burn her out; she's not a one-woman army even though it seems she's put to work as such.

Don't let the ex-members just fade away. If they're no longer in a musical group, then pour all your damn effort into their new ventures. If they stay in your company, that's your responsibility. Don't fuck it up.

And finally, don't give up on Happiness if they don't immediately take the world by storm. IMO even though their songs have been treading closer to some styles of western pop music, they're still pretty distinctly jpop. I hope the people composing and producing their music recognize that and don't mistake that difference for something else that they think might be impeding their global popularity. But who knows, maybe they will become more famous. I would love that.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,400
You can get the goods version on mu-mo international, but I doubt it's anything you can choose, and it's super expensive for internationals lol.

It would officially be Happiness, SYY (unless they're disbanded), Yuzu group, Ami, Shizuka, and Reina, no? Are the other acting/modeling girls even going to operate under E.G.family?

Not trying to exclude anyone, just genuinely wondering how everything is gonna be reorganized now 🙄

At some point in 2021, it will be:
- Happiness
- Sudannayuzuyully (?)
- Exile GG International (2019 LDH World Wide Battle Auditions)
- Exile GG Japan (2018 LDH Girls Audition)
[Soloists]
- Dream Ami
- Dream Shizuka
- Reina Washio

I'd imagine Harumi, Nozo, Nono, and IsshiiAnnna could be as much of E.G.Family as Aya is, and Aya is just a BTS creative director.

Exile Tribe has Gekidan so I dont see why E.G. can't have their own version.
What should happen, is yet another revamping of E.G.Family.

A clear line between the groups, solo acts, and non musical sector, but there could be annual projects that combine all 3 into one like how the Tribe has the "High and Low" series.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,400
Reposting my comment from Onehallyu

Now that my anger has subsided, I can't blame this all on LDH.

When they rebooted E.G.11, the fandom was shaken and split and it tore the core of the group apart. But LDH announced E.G.Family and a plan of attack ushered in by the promise of pushing the entire female sector of Exile.

And they kept good on that promise...at first. We had a great comeback by all the units and an amazing joint concert to say goodbye to OT19 and showcase a new era for the girls + E.G.11 was also given a grand debut. LDH gave EG the push they needed to cater to a fresh audience but then it became clear that the company so busy trying to make E.G.11 happen that they allowed for everyone else to just....sit there.

During that time, Shuuka's old injury resurfaced and the second most popular girl in Flower left, making ShuuKaren dead. Then out of the left field, D.E.P disbanded, leaving Shizuka's fate up in the air.

Instead of swooping in to clean up the holes, they pushed it all under the rug and threw E.G11 into our faces even more. They had it all, including their own TV show.

Meanwhile Flower - their most successful GG - has had only 3 singles leading to their last album since E.G.Family was created. Happiness had 3 to date as well, with their last single "Chao Chao" THE most under promoted song they've had. SYY was also given 3 singles, two of which came out this year.

Ami, who was the face of E.G, has faded into obscurity, with her sales dropping so low, it's financially more reasonable to make her a digital exclusive.

Shizuka was given a DREADFUL debut and then was once again, gone to the wind.

Had E.G.Family been given equal promotions and push, then not only would they all have been doing better, then E.G11 wouldn't have burned out which is what I think played a part in their disbandment.

It was a fast burn leading to them fizzling out. When they finally has a break, it was to work on new material with their home group or side projects. E.G.11 was promoted more than OT19 ever was.

Flower's disbandment came as no surprise when Mio announced both her marriage and pregnancy. The fact that the company was the one to come forward on such a taboo matter (shotgun wedding), it was clear that this was something the entire group agreed on. They could've allowed her to take a hiatus with us none the wiser. Flower just had a comeback and it wouldn't have been surprising if we didn't hear from them until 2020, instead they ended it. I'm sure this had to do with the fact that the remaining 3/5 were constantly promoting in E.G (+ the fact that more than half of the group has left the group).

Even to the end, LDH announced then disbanding a year later from now and I'm sure that this won't put a dent in their activities.

I'm hoping 2021 will include their new GG, Happiness, Shizuka, Ami, and Reina all being pushed to the same extent that E.G11 was

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
I liked Shizuka's songs, but the ballad as the single was one of the dumbest things they could have done. At the very LEAST, Woman We Are should have been the lead, had an MV, and imo should have been pushed to be used in a show or movie. If 4Feels is supposed to reflect Shizuka's personality or musical tastes then it seems obvious to me she likes epic things, and that should have been emphasized. Not... another mf ballad ugh. Why do so many jpop releases seem so dated in that way?

Also idk what to say about Ami. Did people like her more as the face of EG? Her music hasn't changed a whole lot for better or worse. I actually liked Good Goodbye and was kinda surprised it sold low.

Reposting my comment from Onehallyu

The whole time EG11 was being pushed and the other groups had a drought was so weird because EG11 still hadn't found their footing (I mean they never did tbh). Splitting the fandom and only pushing the one somewhat polarizing group was just a wtf move. Even with Shuuka having left, I didn't understand why Flower went on such a massive hiatus. From what I remember their last album didn't even sell well, and there was nothing wrong with it musically, but I wouldn't have thought that had THAT much to do with Shuuka. Am I wrong?

S

Some

Also idk what to say about Ami. Did people like her more as the face of EG?

people liked her because she was always on tv shows especially famous ones . After 2017 she basically disappeared from tv and is only touring

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
That's all we can do, right? Especially as international fans who mean so little to the Japanese entertainment industry. :(

The girls have given me so much joy during some rough times I've had, and I will always want to follow them.

It seems counter intuitive at this point to keep hoping for good things to happen, but here we are still.

So, I'll keep saying "I hope" unsarcastically - and I hope that everyone does find their happiness in what they do next.

Please, LDH, don't put all your stakes on Reina by herself. Don't burn her out; she's not a one-woman army even though it seems she's put to work as such.

Don't let the ex-members just fade away. If they're no longer in a musical group, then pour all your damn effort into their new ventures. If they stay in your company, that's your responsibility. Don't fuck it up.

And finally, don't give up on Happiness if they don't immediately take the world by storm. IMO even though their songs have been treading closer to some styles of western pop music, they're still pretty distinctly jpop. I hope the people composing and producing their music recognize that and don't mistake that difference for something else that they think might be impeding their global popularity. But who knows, maybe they will become more famous. I would love that.

I don't expect immediate results, but we have to remember that Happiness have been around since 2008 and don't really have that much material in the 10+ years they've existed. Gold received a good response, but LDH didn't capitalize on it. We've also talked about how their videos were getting a surprising amount of views for a Japanese group, but there were no overseas concerts or appearances at festivals. I don't want to keep bashing LDH, but that was a huge missed opportunity.

I don't have any answers. I can only hope for some consistency and a clear vision moving forward.

people liked her because she was always on tv shows especially famous ones . After 2017 she basically disappeared from tv and is only touring

Now that you mention it, she has been pretty absent from tv. For the general public, out of sight, out of mind. Her songs aren't setting the charts on fire, so I can't see the logic behind this.

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
I don't expect immediate results, but we have to remember that Happiness have been around since 2008 and don't really have that much material in the 10+ years they've existed. Gold received a good response, but LDH didn't capitalize on it. We've also talked about how their videos were getting a surprising amount of views for a Japanese group, but there were no overseas concerts or appearances at festivals. I don't want to keep bashing LDH, but that was a huge missed opportunity.

I don't have any answers. I can only hope for some consistency and a clear vision moving forward.

It's been actual years now that I've been sort of quiet about LDH (popping in and out of the OH thread and just trying to be happy for each musical release), so the result of watching the groups gradually crumble is just too much for me to not bash them honestly. I can't think of what they've actually done right recently. Even when the songs are fire like Chao Chao and have a good response, it's like LDH doesn't even care.

I saw Amanda's recent tweets and I agree with her - they've given up on the girls.

Reiwa

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭450
While I do agree that they did give up on the girls(and I think I'll be permanently pissed at LDH for that🙄), I think a large part of this has to do with the fans losing interest after EG Evolution. And I'm not blaming the fans, but as previously said, EG11 WAS given a big push at the beginning, but when the revenue still fell short, LDH lost interest. They didn't want to invest in something that would not have the same or greater return as the investment. Kind of like if a film has a 300 million dollar budget but it only makes close to 100 million. The company didn't want to invest so much on the girls if their sales don't do well.

Reiwa

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭450
While I do agree that they did give up on the girls(and I think I'll be permanently pissed at LDH for that🙄), I think a large part of this has to do with the fans losing interest after EG Evolution. And I'm not blaming the fans, but as previously said, EG11 WAS given a big push at the beginning, but when the revenue still fell short, LDH lost interest. They didn't want to invest in something that would not have the same or greater return as the investment. Kind of like if a film has a 300 million dollar budget but it only makes close to 100 million. The company didn't want to invest so much on the girls if their sales don't do well.

Plus too, pushing E-girls as a group instead of as a collective wasn't smart either. I'm not sure who thought that was a smart idea but if I ran things they would of been fired. Though if I ran things, EG and Flower wouldn't have disbanded😅. That being said I do hope that perhaps the girls can do well in their new roles after the disbandment.😊

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
I liked Shizuka's songs, but the ballad as the single was one of the dumbest things they could have done. At the very LEAST, Woman We Are should have been the lead, had an MV, and imo should have been pushed to be used in a show or movie. If 4Feels is supposed to reflect Shizuka's personality or musical tastes then it seems obvious to me she likes epic things, and that should have been emphasized. Not... another mf ballad ugh. Why do so many jpop releases seem so dated in that way?

Also idk what to say about Ami. Did people like her more as the face of EG? Her music hasn't changed a whole lot for better or worse. I actually liked Good Goodbye and was kinda surprised it sold low.

The whole time EG11 was being pushed and the other groups had a drought was so weird because EG11 still hadn't found their footing (I mean they never did tbh). Splitting the fandom and only pushing the one somewhat polarizing group was just a wtf move. Even with Shuuka having left, I didn't understand why Flower went on such a massive hiatus. From what I remember their last album didn't even sell well, and there was nothing wrong with it musically, but I wouldn't have thought that had THAT much to do with Shuuka. Am I wrong?

As most groups go, they reach their peak and survive off of their fanbase. If they have a large enough one, this can allow for the group to expand into other projects without fear because they know they have a good support team. The perfect LDH example of this is Generations and the Second. Neither of them are what you'd consider popular, but they have garnered such a dedicated fanbase, that they can not only survive as a group, but they can sell singles, tour, merch, and solo work too.

JSB also falls into that category but they have the strongest name in LDH, meaning, there's more public attention to their releases which = higher charting and attention which is what keeps them Ranking so well, hell, they were even a sweat away from outselling Arashi for most attended tour this year, with LESS shows.

When LDH rebooted Egirls - regardless of the reason - they ultimately killed the group by destroying their fanbase. Majority of the fans supported them as a collective whole and when that was gone, most of that fanbase left. I believe all of us in this thread can admit to losing some interest after the change. And it's those big fans that buy singles and merchandise.

That was most likely the reason LDH was so adamant on pushing E.G.11. If their fanbase was dropping, then they needed to regain an audience but the group was simply past its prime.

As for Ami, she is the prime example of idol vs idol group. You know... When someone is popular as "Group Name" but not as themselves. Ami was popular BECAUSE she was the face of EG. When she lost that role, she had to survive off the backs of her own personal fans which wasn't many and declined thereafter. And the neglect she suffered from after the revamp dried up any public attention she had at that point.

As for Flower, the biggest issue was their lack of promotion. Shuuka leaving was just salt on the wound (she was one of the most well known girls in EG). But since she left, they didn't had a comeback. It wasn't until this year, they released "Red Dress" which was a digital exclusive and wasn't promoted due to the joint tour that was coming up. Then they dropped an album after more than a year of silence which also wasn't promoted because they dropped it during the tour, and when that ended, a month and half later E-girls dropped another single before they announced their disbandment. Busy with everything else BUT their group.

And just looking at the first week sales of their album compared to the last singles they released in 2017 shows a sharp difference. It didn't matter if Flower was their most popular GG, LDH should never have allowed them to be thrown on the back burner. Where would Exile tribe be without JSB?

And Honestly, Imagine if egirls stayed as 19 and recieved the same push as 11 did. They would have had the most successful year since E.G.Time.

Shizuka is what happens with poor management. I think they didn't know what to do with her after D.E.P disbanded. I mean, I know they announced she'd go solo, but I felt like it was all so rushed hence why they tossed her a song that was safe and underwhelming just so that she could be apart of what E.G.Family was doing as they had already planned their 2019 back to back releases (girl literally sang one song on the tour + duet of the old EG song with Reina. That's it.). Then when she dropped the physical single, we ended up getting better songs (with more time put into it).

I'm hoping that her next comeback will be stronger.

Now that you mention it, she has been pretty absent from tv. For the general public, out of sight, out of mind. Her songs aren't setting the charts on fire, so I can't see the logic behind this.

I disagree with Happiness. When Ordinary Girl came out, alot of international fans wanted them to expand overseas but they forget that a handful of people enjoying a song (because not all of those fans come from one sole country) doesn't equate to success overseas. Not even relevant Kpop groups can salvage a hint of a career in the West, even the big names that had hit songs.

And it was expected that this group would, somehow, achieve all that?

LDH announcing that the signed the girls to the no. 1 Asian American company in the West (and its quite successful too) shows that they not only saw the demand, but they made a plan, ultized their connections, and found a source that could actually make things happen. It might be disappointing that it took a while, but this was the best decision.

Last edited:
S

Some

Is Aya leaving LDH?

i havent seen anything about this i translated the title from modelpress it says dream aya announces her independance from ldh so the answer is yes i guess

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,400
After spending hours digging up information of LDH Europe EXPG Trainees, here's what I got:

The girls we know (from Team A from the final Selection Camp) in Tokyo in 2018. This is were they were receiving training as well as where the final girls were chosen.

Here's a photo of Anouk, Larissa, Asami, Esme, Risa, and Agnes. I believe Risa might've been the potential sixth member.

43282617_121707772152709_7718337832206217705_n.jpg

Potential top 8?

DsYCBxBVYAArRTK.jpg

After the lineup was finalized, the winning 5 continued training in Tokyo 2019 (they spent 7 weeks in intense training including fitness, vocals, and dance).
70249330_141643707056731_6965271150863092131_n.jpg

Current Lineup (According to Afrojack, the age limit was from 15-25)

Larissa (17)

Larissa with Yuzu

Anouk (16)

Esme (17)

Agnes (21) (she is bi-racial)

Asami Komatsu (19)

she was an EXPG lab student, here's her profile.

lab_girl_17_01.jpg

I don't think Yuzu was intended to be apart of this project at all. Afrojack had wanted to debut this group ASAP but I think LDH Japan wanted the girls to undergo more training and once the agreement to end E-girls was completed, they decided to add her into the group.

66181603_337161797196192_1830076466010455949_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom