The Official Red Velvet Thread | 'Cosmic' Out Now! 24.6.24

Seunghee's Eyebrows

그댄 나의 Angel Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,061,138
tbh I don't really pay attention who has/is gone there unless my favs are involved. :giggle: I know aespa will be going there next for their parallel line tour aug. 31st to Sydney (Qudos Bank Arena) and sept. 2. Melbourne (Rod Laver Arena).

well... idols are always gonna say "they want to go there" to their fans. (to not disappoint them). Like I'm sure they want to go everywhere and anywhere but will it happen is another story. there's also the logistics of it. No one ever comes here for a kpop concert. Like who wouldn't want to come to paradise Hawaii right? There's no place like us. But.. we have limited venues with capacity sizes that might not be right for kpop concerts. we have some halls that are like 2-3000, arenas that are 8-10k, and are stadium (which is now closed) that holds 50k. unless its like bts or bp idk if anyone could fill that. But.. we also have no idea how many kpop fans are here. if concert were to happen most likely people would fly in for it. I think the closest "big name" would be bigbang. but they were here for their fanmeet tour. Not really a "full" concert. The promoter.. even tho by Livenation, was OK. but felt they didn't do that much. And they contacted me (since I run one of the biggest kpop fansites here) to help out. We did all we could to help it sell out. Which I think was pretty close. Even tho they said it "soldout" 😋🤭 Nonetheless, I have yet to see someone I like come here. We've had names like jay park and epik high come here. And I'm like c'mon.. where are the girls?! the only time we have girls is during our local korean festival. but it's usually someone nugu. this year we had SPIA? never heard of them. but.. after googling etc. they seemed nice. I think the biggest name we had for that festival was Ladies Code. But again, not really a current active name in the industry atm.
Unfortunately I'm not that keen on aespa i dont even havve one song by them.

But its pretty silly that twice and blackpink have come to melbourne for a concert yet RV haven't. oh well. that's life i guess

GV0LnFRa8AAEwzB.png

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,882,620
Unfortunately I'm not that keen on aespa i dont even havve one song by them.

But its pretty silly that twice and blackpink have come to melbourne for a concert yet RV haven't. oh well. that's life i guess

GV0LnFRa8AAEwzB.png

it's OK. I didn't ask. 😋 I just mentioned it cuz you commented about that some kpop groups have been to australia and that popped in my head cuz they going very soon!

I know you mentioned before you only stan RV with the exception of another group (which I forget already.. dreamcatcher? you had them as your siggy before)

well.. I think you kinda answered your own question. RV is "not big."👀🤔 I mean.. that's not a diss. They are a 10 yr. GG pushing their 30s. Their music has never really been mainstream. And even tho I mentioned before their recent music seems to be more "generic" its not something you'd expect radio station to play outside of Korea. 🤷‍♀️ I feel they have a loyal fanbase but probably not many new fans as they get older. Simply cuz new gen. kpop fans rather listen to "younger" GGs who are the current trend (ie. new jeans, illit, aespa, ive, baemon, kiss of life etc). As for Twice and BP... well they just seem to be on another level. Not saying they better or anything. But they have shown they can bring in large crowds. And I believe this has more to do with establishing a big fandom early on in their careers. For BP people seem more infatuated with the members individually with fashion brands more than music. But the music is more westernized so it gets accepted better by international fans and media. Twice is a bigger mystery since their songs really don't do that well anymore on melon/korean charts. Maybe billboard? But I think those are mostly streams. Cuz I never hear any news about their songs as like BTS did for example. Overall, I'm satisfied with RV. I'm just happy they still together and with original lineup. 👏

Seunghee's Eyebrows

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,061,138
it's OK. I didn't ask. 😋 I just mentioned it cuz you commented about that some kpop groups have been to australia and that popped in my head cuz they going very soon!

I know you mentioned before you only stan RV with the exception of another group (which I forget already.. dreamcatcher? you had them as your siggy before)

well.. I think you kinda answered your own question. RV is "not big."👀🤔 I mean.. that's not a diss. They are a 10 yr. GG pushing their 30s. Their music has never really been mainstream. And even tho I mentioned before their recent music seems to be more "generic" its not something you'd expect radio station to play outside of Korea. 🤷‍♀️ I feel they have a loyal fanbase but probably not many new fans as they get older. Simply cuz new gen. kpop fans rather listen to "younger" GGs who are the current trend (ie. new jeans, illit, aespa, ive, baemon, kiss of life etc). As for Twice and BP... well they just seem to be on another level. Not saying they better or anything. But they have shown they can bring in large crowds. And I believe this has more to do with establishing a big fandom early on in their careers. For BP people seem more infatuated with the members individually with fashion brands more than music. But the music is more westernized so it gets accepted better by international fans and media. Twice is a bigger mystery since their songs really don't do that well anymore on melon/korean charts. Maybe billboard? But I think those are mostly streams. Cuz I never hear any news about their songs as like BTS did for example. Overall, I'm satisfied with RV. I'm just happy they still together and with original lineup. 👏
Lol I stan purple kiss but only recently and btob.
Yeah bp is VEERRRY westernised. RV may be the "smallest" of the 3 (twice and bp) in the gen 3 big 3 ggs but I assumed that they would be big enough to come to Australia too but I was wrong.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,882,620
Lol I stan purple kiss but only recently and btob.
Yeah bp is VEERRRY westernised. RV may be the "smallest" of the 3 (twice and bp) in the gen 3 big 3 ggs but I assumed that they would be big enough to come to Australia too but I was wrong.

well.. don't count them out yet. Like I was saying earlier just wait and see what happens 🤷‍♀️. What other venues are there in Australia besides the ones I mentioned? Cuz I can't see RV filling 14-21K capacity. And that also plays a part. I think around 6k capacity they could do.

Seunghee's Eyebrows

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,061,138
well.. don't count them out yet. Like I was saying earlier just wait and see what happens 🤷‍♀️. What other venues are there in Australia besides the ones I mentioned? Cuz I can't see RV filling 14-21K capacity. And that also plays a part. I think around 6k capacity they could do.
Rod laver arena
Marvel stadium
Aami Park
Melbourne exhibition centre

Seunghee's Eyebrows

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,061,138
Rod laver arena- 14,820
Marvel stadium- 53,359
Aami Park- 30,000
Melbourne exhibition centre- 5,541

there's your answer. exhibition centre the only option.
I know the capacities already lol but it'd be a sad sight to see RV having a concert in exhibition centre. But I'll take it I guess

Top Bottom