♡ Official I.O.I (아이오아이) Thread ♡ I.5.I - Yes, I Love It!

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,350
I know it's already been posted but these deserves to be posted in full HD:

7hN6bZy.jpg

6ChmuyW.jpg

rSyDJrm.jpg

The last one in particular, makes for a perfect badge material! ?

Yun

僕たちは戦わない 愛を信じてる Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,380
I just came here to say hi but y'all trying to make me emo already :sejeongcry:

mert

Sensin Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,600
chica and flourishing are bombs.
they are hiding best parts of the title obviously. the album will be fire that's for sure.

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,350
:yoosmile:<{want to know, tell us please^^}

Hold on, it's gonna be a ride!

Well, those four I.O.I emotes:

:somicry: :sejeongcry: :yoosmile: :iwillfightyou:

Are originally from the I.O.I OH discord server (the non-official one created by Milbo back in 2016), and the official I.O.I discord server.

When it was time for the OH Awards Team to move from Skype to Discord for practicality purposes (around 2017 I think?), I was here, pushing for lots of I.O.I emotes from those two servers mentioned above, to be implemented in the Awards Team one. A lot of them did, and even though I'm not part of the server anymore (since I'm not an Awards Team staff), I'm sure they're still being used there to this day.

Fast-forward a bit to somewhere during the 1st semester of 2018 (if I remember correctly but I might not), after some teams of OH staff (Awards Team included) pushed for the creation of a general OH staff server on discord, OH admins and moderators finally agreed to it, and created it. Guess what I did as soon as I popped up in there? You know it, asked for some of the emotes we had been using in the Awards Team server for ages, to be also implemented in the general OH staff discord server. Not all of them made the cut as a lot of teams and people came up with a lot of different emotes to implement, but I'm sure at least those 4 I.O.I ones made it, as well as the disgusted Vivi face we had been using in the Awards Team server as well, and maybe some other I.O.I ones, I don't remember which though, and I can't check since I'm not on that server anymore as well, because I'm not OH staff anymore.

Anyway, fast-forward to the present day, and this one is more speculation and me trying to link things together and fill the blanks:
HallyuPlus has been created by a lot of current & former OH staff who obviously might have been using those I.O.I emotes on the OH Staff discord server for ages, and enjoying them, thus when they created the forum, they imported some of them here, along with a lot of other emotes that I recognize as also coming from that OH Staff discord server.

So yeah, basically you have the whole circle here, and I guess I have my small part in us having I.O.I emotes on this forum, kek!

Last edited:

mert

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,600
So yeah, basically you have the whole circle here, and I guess I have my small part in us having I.O.I emotes on this forum, kek!
well, my first guess was you sent these emotes somehow :D this is probably how it exactly happened. welcome to OH v2.0

mert

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,600
i'm looking at my sig again. looks like one member messed up big time. now i can't unsee it :ROFLMAO:

mert

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,600
no no, i take it back. that's sejeong and it's part of her own choreo. we just can't see her right arm
3:58

Top Bottom