🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Also I think this show highlight just how much of a difference professional training makes, but also how stressful it can be. Just to see how happy and relieved the JYP trainees are when they get validation on all the work they put in you can tell how important this is to them.

I also think for the most part JYP is right with his evaluation, but I think his advice is often very vague, confusing and not helpful. He forgets these are children. Telling them they are just dancing/singing as practiced and not as themselves doesn't help. Most of them have no idea who they are. He also makes a lot of assumptions that are really unnecessary and a bit rude at times. I wish he were more objective of what they did wrong so they could fix it instead of undermining their confidence without direction. Very much how I felt like in Sixteen.

I think it's particularly true for these young women that have never been trainees and aren't accustomed to that sort of feedback. I wonder sometimes if JYP is testing them to see how they react to criticism and whether they can show enough determination to withstand difficulties and exhibit the drive to improve. We've seen most of the girls that didn't make Twice from 16 eventually debut.

I'm assuming that the trainers are the ones that will actually help the girls in the areas which JYP feels they need improvement. They'll be the ones to spend time with them and actually explain in detail what they need to do.

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
I think it's particularly true for these young women that have never been trainees and aren't accustomed to that sort of feedback. I wonder sometimes if JYP is testing them to see how they react to criticism and whether they can show enough determination to withstand difficulties and exhibit the drive to improve. We've seen most of the girls that didn't make Twice from 16 eventually debut.

I'm assuming that the trainers are the ones that will actually help the girls in the areas which JYP feels they need improvement. They'll be the ones to spend time with them and actually explain in detail what they need to do.
Also they’ll be going through a much more rigorous training experience than your average trainee because they’re training to debut within a 6 month period, so everything they do get taught will be taught to them at a higher level and more intense

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
Not to brag but I really like my Top 9. I think it’s a perfect lineup and a perfect mixture of talents and all are pretty!

ERVj_xdXsAUEgFN

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Also they’ll be going through a much more rigorous training experience than your average trainee because they’re training to debut within a 6 month period, so everything they do get taught will be taught to them at a higher level and more intense

I'm actually confused on the schedule and show format. I thought originally that the 26 were actually all going to get 6 months training and then a final team would be chosen afterwards. Wasn't Nizi part2 airing in 3-4 months going to show this? Then the final team would receive additional training and prepare for debut in 2020 Q4.

How many people are they actually taking to SK to train? Is it 16?

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
I'm actually confused on the schedule and show format. I thought originally that the 26 were actually all going to get 6 months training and then a final team would be chosen afterwards. Wasn't Nizi part2 airing in 3-4 months going to show this? Then the final team would receive additional training and prepare for debut in 2020 Q4.

How many people are they actually taking to SK to train? Is it 16?
Nope. Not all 26 will proceed to Korea like initially thought. They’ll have to fill up their necklaces to do so and it’s likely that not all will. The speculated amount that have and are already training in Korea are 16. Also the first season was filmed last year around August/September time and it only lasted a week, so they probably started training in Korea by the end of 2019 which means it’s been about 4-5 months of training already, all of which is currently being filmed and then at the end they’ll audition in front of JYP and Twice’s Momo and Sana to compete for a spot in the group. The second season should air around April time.

Last edited:

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I feel like Mako and Miihi are set to debut based on their screen-time, talents, and the general reaction to them by the audience but at this point I still think Rima and Yuna might be saved for the korean ngg; they've both been criticized for their lack of natural-ness and both arguably having more of a connection to kpop with Yuna obviously being half-korean and raised in Korea and Rima specifically mentioning wanting to be in a kpop group and being the most popular at the most recent Korean showcase. Don't get me wrong I think it's more likely Rima will debut given the emphasis on them as a trio but I don't think she's as locked as the other 2 as for Yuna it's 50/50

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Current faves
-JYP 4
-Suzu
-Akari
-Nina
-Moeno
-Miu
-All former idol girls

(I rly wish they had official profiles so we could know their ages)

Last edited:

Vivid°October

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,750
Caught up to episode 4. So far I'm rooting for Riria the most! Shes so smiley and I feel like with proper training she'd be such a force on stage. Akari also. I just wish we could get fairer screentime for all the girls. But it looks likes theres a handful thats been skipped over in both the auditions and dance test. :cautious:

And Miihi and Mako seem ready to debut I'll be shocked if those 2 don't make it in the final lineup. Rima is so pretty and speaks Korean wouldn't it be a waste to not save her for the next kpop gg? Especially since they'll likely promote in Japan too.

Sana Akgae

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,725
The Top are selected and they are currently in SK. Since nothing is known WHO are these trainees, I would make my picks. They are:

Mako
Miihi
Rima
Yuna
Nina
Ayaka
Akari
Miu
Momoka
Moeno
Riria
Ririka
Maya
Suzu
Rio
Mei Plunkett

They are composed of girls with different wavelengths. Some members suit a CUTE concept more. Others with a Girl Crush. JYP can form 2 groups of contrasting styles among the top 16. I group them as follows:

CUTE with 9 members: Miihi, Yuna, Nina, Akari, Momoka, Miu, Riria, Ririka and Moeno

GIRL CRUSH with 7 members: Mako, Ayaka, Rio, Maya, Suzu, Mei Plunkett and Rima.

Better to form 2 Japanese GG rather discarding some of them. All them have potential.

Jimeous

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,450
Is it wrong to want them all to debut, I mean, it is Japan, maybe they can have an A and B team, I mean come on Sony, it's not as if you can't afford it

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
The Top are selected and they are currently in SK. Since nothing is known WHO are these trainees, I would make my picks. They are:

Mako
Miihi
Rima
Yuna
Nina
Ayaka
Akari
Miu
Momoka
Moeno
Riria
Ririka
Maya
Suzu
Rio
Mei Plunkett

They are composed of girls with different wavelengths. Some members suit a CUTE concept more. Others with a Girl Crush. JYP can form 2 groups of contrasting styles among the top 16. I group them as follows:

CUTE with 9 members: Miihi, Yuna, Nina, Akari, Momoka, Miu, Riria, Ririka and Moeno

GIRL CRUSH with 7 members: Mako, Ayaka, Rio, Maya, Suzu, Mei Plunkett and Rima.

Better to form 2 Japanese GG rather discarding some of them. All them have potential.
Is it wrong to want them all to debut, I mean, it is Japan, maybe they can have an A and B team, I mean come on Sony, it's not as if you can't afford it
I doubt that they'll debut two groups because then what's the point of the second season? There will just be one group and I doubt they'll have any higher than 9 members.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Vocal ranking (partial list)!?? :omgwhat:

Spoiler warning...do not proceed unless...

So who is 1st??

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
Nizi Project preview on Sukkiri. Very spoilery be aware.

They all cut a bit of audio during the Miihi segment for whatever reason but it comes back fast.

WonderfulOnce

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,221,175
Nah, I'm still not convinced that JYPE will make Nizi into 2 teams. That youtuber suspects there will be 2 teams because of how different Mako and Miihi are. But to be honest, idols are molded into what the company wants them to show to the public when they debut (song-wise & concept wise). There are plenty of girl group members in kpop who has members who seems to collide (looks/images/styles/etc), but it still works when they perform together. Plus groups are made to have a variety of different kinds of members because it appeals to more fans. 'You don't connect with this member, but you connect with that member instead' type of thing.

It would be a bad business decision if the group was split into 2 teams anyway. The company would be using 2 times the effort to try to expose and gain popularity with the public. Japan is already a market difficult to get into the first place. Plus there will be no doubt a team more popular than the other if it ever happened. Nizi would be JYPE's first ever attempt to infiltrate the Japan's music market with a full JPN group, remember "globalization by localization." Why use the extra effort to create 2 groups, when you can use all your resources and effort to 1 group? Perhaps in Nizi's future in a few years, they'll have unit groups. But 2 teams by the end of the Nizi Project is not on my radar.

Top Bottom