aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

Liquorish

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,000
Chu Wonhee!
Her birthday is April 14th 1999 and she was a idol school contestant. Shortly after Idol School ended she passed the 1st round of SM auditions after which she deleted her IG and hasn't been seen since leading ppl to believe that she became trainee. I do not have the screenshots or whatever verifying this and, as mentioned her account is long gone. Now normally I would dismiss any rumor of a publicly known trainee joining SM, however, she was never under any other company and idol school as a program was so small and out of the public consciousness that I could see them making a exception.

She's a dancer but ended up doing main/lead vocal parts and she wasn't bad for someone w zero formal training

Here is more of her dance

So yeah, she definitely seems to a trainee somewhere given her ghost-like status and with the usual company suspects already debuting their ggs and revealing their trainees it makes SM seem compelling as a possibility especially if she did pass the 1st round of auditions which is a fact a lot of ppl seem to agree happened. But she could also be under a completely nugu company or just decided to live normally and ghost everyone in the process.

Hii I've been lurking this thread for a while now and I just wanted to add that Chu Wonhee is in fact a former BBC trainee!

I remember her from back when orbits would try to pinpoint which blurred girls were which on discord. She had an instagram account (@chu0s21_) in which she congratulated Loona on their debut, and she actually deactivated it a couple months ago, around April if I remember correctly, so while it's possible that she did join SM, if not another company, it's still unlikely that she could debut in the new girl group as she would have joined very recently.

Last edited:

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Hii I've been lurking this thread for a while now and I just wanted to add that Chu Wonhee is in fact a former BBC trainee!

I remember her from back when orbits would try to pinpoint which blurred girls were which on discord. She had an instagram account (@chu0s21_) in which she congratulated Loona on their debut, and she actually deactivated it a couple months ago, around April if I remember correctly, so while it's possible that she did join SM, if not another company, it's still unlikely that she could debut in the new girl group as she would have joined very recently.
thanks for the info! It's funny I remember watching the Blurberry vids on YT a ton but I don't remember her, guess I wasn't interacting w the right ppl...(or my memory is bad lol). If they did accept her it'd be either to trade or to debut since she'd be too old for the next gg

Last edited:

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
Chu Wonhee!
Her birthday is April 14th 1999 and she was a idol school contestant. She passed the 1st round of SM auditions after which she deleted her IG and hasn't been seen since leading ppl to believe that she became trainee. I do not have the screenshots or whatever verifying this and, as mentioned her account is long gone. Now normally I would dismiss any rumor of a publicly known trainee joining SM, however, she was never under any other company and idol school as a program was so small and out of the public consciousness that I could see them making a exception.

She's a dancer but ended up doing main/lead vocal parts and she wasn't bad for someone w zero formal training

Here is more of her dance

So yeah, she definitely seems to a trainee somewhere given her ghost-like status and with the usual company suspects already debuting their ggs and revealing their trainees it makes SM seem compelling as a possibility especially if she did pass the 1st round of auditions which is a fact a lot of ppl seem to agree happened. But she could also be under a completely nugu company or just decided to live normally and ghost everyone in the process.

Edit: she was actually a BBC trainee after idol school and left after Loona debuted

If she is in fact a trainee at SM and has found herself in the debut lineup, I can quite easily see her being a lead vocalist and lead dancer... She seems very talented so here's hoping if she is in SM she has made it to debut!

More Plu

bb Helen

Plu's vocals leave me in awe every time

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
Something I just thought of... If Chu Wonhee is in fact an SM trainee now, maybe LSM saw her when she was still a trainee under BBC considering he's now involved himself with Loona quite heavily. If that's the case and LSM asked her to audition I could easily see her being added even after a short training period

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Something I just thought of... If Chu Wonhee is in fact an SM trainee now, maybe LSM saw her when she was still a trainee under BBC considering he's now involved himself with Loona quite heavily. If that's the case and LSM asked her to audition I could easily see her being added even after a short training period
It's possible. Although to my knowledge the bbc/sm connection doesn't really go back that far, with LSM reaching out after he saw the Cherry Bomb cover at which point she would of already left.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Ok so for ppl who didn't click the article, turns out that SM staff insta thing wasn't saying the girls won't debut this year but saying they shouldn't bc they're untalented :NayeonDisgust:

(probably just bitter their fav trainee didn't make it)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,600
Ok so for ppl who didn't click the article, turns out that SM staff insta thing wasn't saying the girls won't debut this year but saying they shouldn't bc they're untalented :NayeonDisgust:

(probably just bitter their fav trainee didn't make it)

how in the hell SM allow this kind of staff to continue in the company?
the disrespect and unprofessionalism.

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,500
i doubt that the members are untalented... sm is known for producing talent and you just have to look at their groups to see that. that "sm staff" is probably not even one.

also i keep seeing this rumour that sm has lost most of their female trainees :clowned: sm is the biggest company in kpop. they probably have 100s of female trainees.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
how in the hell SM allow this kind of staff to continue in the company?
the disrespect and unprofessionalism.
We don't technically know if it's a staff member but SM as a company does seem to have a bit of a dismissive attitude towards the female trainees. I remember a ex-male trainee back in 2018-ish doing ama on reddit and saying smth along the lines of how the girls were nowhere near ready to debut skill-wise, and I remember being struck by how confident he was in saying this despite the fact that it seemed like he hadn't met them or seen them perform. Which made me think this was just the common narrative pushed within the company and among the male trainees.

Last edited:
Reactions: 102

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,500
We don't technically know if it's a staff member but SM as a company does seem to have a bit of a dismissive attitude towards the female trainees. I remember a ex-male trainee back in 2018-ish doing ama on reddit and saying smth along the lines of how the girls were nowhere near ready to debut skill-wise, and I remember being struck by how confident he was in saying this despite the fact that it seemed like he hadn't met them or seen them perform. Which made me think this was just the common narrative pushed within the company and among the male trainees.

the m in sm stands for misogynistic.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I have a hard time believing this tbh
same! I doubt SM would debut 2 girls groups one after another not just bc...it's SM, but also because I don't really see what the benefit would be $ wise. Also I don't think the group would be just familiar faces like if it's 4 it's gonna be: Jimin, maybe one or two of the other 3 if we're lucky, and someone completely new.

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
same! I doubt SM would debut 2 girls groups one after another not just bc...it's SM, but also because I don't really see what the benefit would be $ wise. Also I don't think the group would be just familiar faces like if it's 4 it's gonna be: Jimin, maybe one or two of the other 3 if we're lucky, and someone completely new.
Exactly, from a money standpoint it isn't smart. Especially with the new boy group and future NCT units, SM will have their hands full debuting groups and with only Red Velvet and half of Exo right now as major cash cows (with NCT getting there gradually) they'd be risking way too much I feel...

On top of that I really just can't see SM debuting such a small group if they're aiming for the girls to stand out right now. Arguably all the top girl groups aside from Twice are small girl groups.

"... name will be something that you have heard before", eh? Ehhhh?

White Fox? Moonlight Angels/DBCS?
PLEASE WHITE FOX :sanapray:

Top Bottom