aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

She

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,550
No offense to any of them but general western audiences will never be impressed by kpop rappers not when we have actual rappers who extremely talented and are free to discuss anything in their music compared to a sm gg who will at most be able to diss haters. Also what interest there is can already be filled by their main competitors Itzy as well as bhngg, and maybe ygngg. Two of these companies have better rap training but none have comparable vocals, so why lean against their strength? Vocals are just as popular (and sorely needed) in the west as anywhere else.

I mentioned way back in this thread that I did want a skilled rapper to continue the new legacy started by Mark but these girls don't seem to be that from what we know of them. Ningning is obviously a vocalist, Aeri did musical theater/choir before so also a vocalist, Jimin did vocals and dance and is a fan of other vocalists like Taeyeon and IU, and Winter was also introduced as a vocalist as well...so none of them seem like they'd be super passionate about rapping in the same way but maybe Jimin will prove me wrong idk. I don't want to judge too much until the song is released.
Eh, I'd disagree with the general audiences bit... a lot of the American rappers who get mainstream popularity are trash and hated by actual hip-hop fans.

I'm pretty sure rap wouldn't be needed for Western popularity so long as the songs and image are right, and K-pop in general has way too much shoe-horned in rapping these days, but for all that SM are supposed to be trendsetters they've been pretty basic recently in terms of their music... I really don't trust them not to make basic beat drop girl crush song and force some of the girls to rap.

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
If SM really are making another GG and aespa is a testing ground, I'd rather she be in that :feelsblankie: I still have some optimism for aespa though, if not ae-Plu :sadpepe:
Four is just such a boring number to me, I love the dance formations choreographers can make when working with larger numbers... SM please add Helen, Plu, Rjing, and any other trainees you've got :sadpepe:

dayeon_you

demian world domination
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,725
All the info we had before this week was telling us 2001 but a friend shared Giselle's yearbook page which reveals her birthday is October 30th 2000. Today.
ningning being revealed 1500 days after she was introduced, giselle being revealed on her birthday............................ this isnt a quick debut to cover up sm's mess, they've been planning :wesmart:

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
ningning being revealed 1500 days after she was introduced, giselle being revealed on her birthday............................ this isnt a quick debut to cover up sm's mess, they've been planning :wesmart:

Right, and also 3 days AFTER ningning's birthday... If they are only 4 then maybe it was SM's plan to wait until Ningning turned 18 so all the members could be adults. You can't deny that it is a bit unusual for big agencies to debut groups with no minors.

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
Right, and also 3 days AFTER ningning's birthday... If they are only 4 then maybe it was SM's plan to wait until Ningning turned 18 so all the members could be adults. You can't deny that it is a bit unusual for big agencies to debut groups with no minors.
Ningning being the youngest doesn't seem realistic after all the younger trainees we've known about lol

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,482,464
Pronouns
She/Her
Since this is a well-planned debut i hope for good promotions:sanapray:

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
well, kiel tutin work better with bigger groups! his choreos for small groups and soloist are... well... simple? idk
in the end i'm really hoping for a Kyle Hanagami choreography.
Yes! Kyle Hanagami is such a good choreographer!

I think the girls training so closely with Prepix is a good sign they'll have some strong choreo, at least I hope so

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
This whole situation reminds me of when Blackpink were being revealed and everyone was so excited for the fifth member teaser but instead there were group shots and we all lost our minds :clowned::clowned::clowned:
100% sure that's what is going to happen to us :clowned::clowned:

i knew that aeri was most likely a rapper but glad to see it confirmed !! she must be very good if she debuts after only 1 year of training

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
RAPPING? AND THEY DIDN'T SAY FINAL MEMBER MM

The lack of saying final member gives me hope...

But also Giselle being the rapper makes me a little nervous seeing as we all knew she was in choir. I'm excited how developed her rapping skills are!
This whole situation reminds me of when Blackpink were being revealed and everyone was so excited for the fifth member teaser but instead there were group shots and we all lost our minds :clowned::clowned::clowned:
I just had war flashbacks to me waiting for Jinny and Hana's teasers

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
The lack of saying final member gives me hope...

But also Giselle being the rapper makes me a little nervous seeing as we all knew she was in choir. I'm excited how developed her rapping skills are!
I mean she was an alto so it's not surprising that they would make her a rapper #endsopranosupremacy

She

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,550
I mean she was an alto so it's not surprising that they would make her a rapper #endsopranosupremacy
Do we have much information on Giselle's choir days? Alto's kind of the default part girls get in a choir because it's mid-range so she might still have a voice type SM likes. I've read articles saying she's a vocalist and rapper so maybe it's, like, a Tiffany situation or something :sanapray:

ellybelly

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,700
I’m seriously praying we get some surprise fifth member or something 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 I’m so tired of small groups. the choreos are just not as interesting. okay this is my last rant about this. sorry if it’s annoying but it feels super disappointing when you’ve waited so long for this.

Top Bottom