The AKB48 Group Thread

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
Now I'm feeling nostalgic about I came across Erii, Manami, and Asai... They really have improved so much and gotten even prettier.

Yun

僕たちは戦わない 愛を信じてる Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,380
Erii has improved so much and do you see her minimum effort aura? Queen is serving me nothing at her best. If she doesn't (W)center a single in this upcoming year, throw the whole AKB management out. I also need Miu to be in a A side senbatsu, she didn't spend the last year being that bitch to be sidelined.

Also throwing some credit for Asai for hard carrying the vocals in this stage, she is such an under-rated gem.

Erii was really giving off Paruru's aura on the first two songs lol :fab:... She was more hype and energetic when she centered High Tension tho :TzuyuKek:

Last edited:

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
Is Covid messing with BNK's aesthetic or iAM going through an unconventional creative period? Because this Power rangers x Cats the musical theme ain't it.

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
She was as beautiful as ever but I don't think Gygee was the ideal center. She wasn't bad, and I very much still love this girl, but she didn't exude the energy and vibe needed for such a colorful and vibrant song. She looked far too contained if that makes sense, she feels more like a Paruru or Milky. Either way, I enjoyed this very much and I am 100% statisifed that management went to the elite 48 musical option. Let some SKE and more NMB singles be in BNK's future.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
She was as beautiful as ever but I don't think Gygee was the ideal center. She wasn't bad, and I very much still love this girl, but she didn't exude the energy and vibe needed for such a colorful and vibrant song. She looked far too contained if that makes sense, she feels more like a Paruru or Milky. Either way, I enjoyed this very much and I am 100% statisifed that management went to the elite 48 musical option. Let some SKE and more NMB singles be in BNK's future.

It's refreshing to see that Thai48 are choosing great songs from AKB's sister groups, like Warota People, Melon Juice and Warukii

I don't know if the other foreign sister groups have also released songs from the Japanese sister groups but I don't remember any

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
It's refreshing to see that Thai48 are choosing great songs from AKB's sister groups, like Warota People, Melon Juice and Warukii

I don't know if the other foreign sister groups have also released songs from the Japanese sister groups but I don't remember any

I know MNL, Team SH, and Team TP haven't. I'm assuming the same for that Vietnamese one and JKT did a few songs, their 3rd studio album has some NMB and HKT songs, but they were coupling songs, never A. When CGM48 debuted with a NGT song and a HKT B side, I knew that Thai48 really was the superior sister group; their management picks songs that fit both their domestic audience and aesthetic but also their location and it works well for them.

Maybe it's the bias talking but BNK doesn't feel like a cover group because they put their own color into each comeback and I think thats because management puts thought into the song choice and the girls who would best represent it. If you told me that Music was going to do a Milky single and make it her own, I wouldn't believe it until I saw it. They really picked a song that brought out her charms and that is what I like about iAm.

MNL is always on the verge of disbanding and it B L O W S my mind that the company hasn't realized that the AKB songs they're choosing just aren't resonating with their market. MNL members better suit Hinatazaka imo and I thought a rebranding of MNL into a 48 group to test the waters would be worth the risk since they're always kicking out members and struggling to film and record anything with their $15 budget.
But if they're staying in the 48, why can't they explore SKE? since their fans obviously prefer the cooler concept. Or if they're looking for a bop, NMB's discography is sitting right there!

Last edited:

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
JKT did Nagiichi and Virginity so well I didn't understand why they never mained a NMB song. They also did their debut song too.

I'd like for them to do Bokura no Euerka or Warota People. BNK should have Uhho Uhhoho in their next single as a B side, I think it would definitely fit their vibe, especially team N. MNL should try a double feature with SKE's So~Yu~Toko Aru Yo Ne? and HKT's 3-2. CGM should have HKT Hikaeme I love you! as a A side with that "something butterfly" song as a coupling. Good ass music right there.

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
Hanarete Itemo performance at Japan Record Awards, it's a really nice live:

This was so fucking good!!! They looked and sounded great and I loved the setting. Nana, Erii, and Yui really give off bad bitch energy. You can't take your eyes off them when their onscreen. At 2:36 is that Erena??

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I know MNL, Team SH, and Team TP haven't. I'm assuming the same for JKT and that Vietnamese one. When CGM48 debuted with a NGT song and a HKT B side, I knew that Thai48 really was the superior sister group; their management picks songs that fit both their domestic audience and aesthetic but also their location and it works well for them.

Maybe it's the bias talking but BNK doesn't feel like a cover group because they put their own color into each comeback and I think thats because management puts thought into the song choice and the girls who would best represent it. If you told me that Music was going to do a Milky single and make it her own, I wouldn't believe it until I saw it. They really picked a song that brought out her charms and that is what I like about iAm.

MNL is always on the verge of disbanding and it B L O W S my mind that the company hasn't realized that the AKB songs they're choosing just aren't resonating with their market. MNL members better suit Hinatazaka imo and I thought a rebranding of MNL into a 48 group to test the waters would be worth the risk since they're always kicking out members and struggling to film and record anything with their $15 budget.
But if they're staying in the 48, why can't they explore SKE? since their fans obviously prefer the cooler concept. Or if they're looking for a bop, NMB's discography is sitting right there!
Well they also picked Candy for Mimiguro :meh:
But you can tell they have a good budget, so even with a lackluster song the MV was good. As I said earlier Melon Juice was a great song choice it just didn't sound as good in Thai. It made for great performances.

Warukii is the most popular 48G solo song so not a shocker that it was chosen but it has approximately 100 covers and this one is a standout. Being able to make a MV obviously helped but they turned it cuter and it was a perfect fit.

I'm not sure what the market is like in the Philippines. Just got the notification while I was going to suggest Maniilichi for MNL48 and was listening to JKT48's version. I can't say too much about Hinatazaka/STU as I can't remember any of their songs or SKE/HKT since I don't follow them but SKE's second single Aozora Kataomoi is catchy. Keyaki would be my choice if they were to cover a 46G. Nogi doesn't have that many songs that stand out so there's no point in covering them imo.

JKT did Nagiichi and Virginity so well I didn't understand why they never mained a NMB song. They also did their debut song too.

I'd like for them to do Bokura no Euerka or Warota People. BNK should have Uhho Uhhoho in their next single as a B side, I think it would definitely fit their vibe, especially team N. MNL should try a double feature with SKE's So~Yu~Toko Aru Yo Ne? and HKT's 3-2. CGM should have HKT Hikaeme I love you! as a A side with that "something butterfly" song as a coupling. Good ass music right there.

I also think they should be allowed to have their own songs and not just for CMs. But that's a whole other discussion and it's probably much easier/cheaper to use 48G songs. That's half the point of the franchising.

hilmanelric

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,685
Talk about JKT48...

They have members "Restructurisation" (which is a nicer way to say cutting members)

While i understand the reason and they already announced they will do it, it's a sad thing for all parties involved (some said they already planned graduation, some said the management ask them)

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
Talk about JKT48...

They have members "Restructurisation" (which is a nicer way to say cutting members)

While i understand the reason and they already announced they will do it, it's a sad thing for all parties involved (some said they already planned graduation, some said the management ask them)

OMG, they got rid of so many of them! Team J has 8 girls, Team K has 10, and Team T has 13. I don't understand why Team J is so empty considering they were the most popular. The academy know only has 4 trainees now (I'm shocked that they didn't keep the two who ranked in the 2019 elections, especially the one who shot up out of nowhere and ranked at #16).

JKT management made a rule a long time ago that only each team has a maximum of 16 girls. Will they shuffle Team J into K and T? Or add the remaining trainees into J for a total of 12? I'm really curious as to how they'll move forward. This is such a risky move because too many members were relevant and popular. On top of that, it really doesn't seem that the world will ever go back to normal even if Covid goes on a decline later, will JKT survive 2021 with what they have or will the group enter a hiatus and potential permanent disbandment? Hmm.

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575

PSH!!! If there even was anything to worry about with the J48 groups, my money is on NGT being put to sleep before they even think to touch AKB, SKE, or NMB.

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
A gorgeous MV, loved all the different styles and dance routines and that all the SKEGals were apart of the song. SKE was such a vital apart of SKE, it's going to be weird seeing the group without her (like watching NMB without Sayaka).

Last edited:

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
I didn't pay them any mind when they debuted and they released their last single (third overall) last month, a year after their last and I assumed covid-19 would've taken them out but they are going strong and I have to say, I like their energy. their River MV reached a million views in 3 weeks too.

Top Bottom