The AKB48 Group Thread

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,325
ikr I was going to comment about it but I forgot

they should just bite the bullet and do an AKB-only senbatsu. Unless they can't do it because of team 8?
i agree bc re-selling singles from a year ago is quite frankly embarrassing. they could have blamed the low sales on the pandemic and since sister groups can't participate, it would have been a way to see how akb only singles can do.
team 8 is still a team of akb, so it doesn't change anything.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
i agree bc re-selling singles from a year ago is quite frankly embarrassing. they could have blamed the low sales on the pandemic and since sister groups can't participate, it would have been a way to see how akb only singles can do.
team 8 is still a team of akb, so it doesn't change anything.
But do the team 8 members live in tokyo or other prefectures?

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,325
But do the team 8 members live in tokyo or other prefectures?
team 8 members except 2 or 3, will be present for their final concert tour in Yokohama. so if they can do a concert, they can record a single or a music video. and they don't need all of them anyway, 10 memebrs will be enough.

Yun

僕たちは戦わない 愛を信じてる Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,380
We got some infos about the incoming concerts :

- They will be livestreamed for free on 17Live .... management giving us free stuff , whats the catch

- AKB48 Tandoku concert will be produced by Yukirin :fab:

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,325
Apparently Sakura is going to announce graduation soon, and we know this thanks to an accidental twit of an interview Sakura did with ViVi magazine, that is to be released on May 21. sucks that the fans got to know it this way but it was to be expected.
what i didn't expect is the reaction on stage48 is surprisingly chill, meanwhile on redditt people are losing it

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
It's sloppy of the magazine to reveal it but it is not unexpected. I hope Nako stays.

2neways the details of Miru's grad single are out

The covers are beautiful

E1RDar7UcAYTUmS

E1RDar-VIAoGSA9

E1RDar8VkAM_PVW

E1RDar-VUAQvzAC

Type A is so elegant, it's my favourite

• Love
Reactions: Yun

Yun

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,380
Apparently Sakura is going to announce graduation soon, and we know this thanks to an accidental twit of an interview Sakura did with ViVi magazine, that is to be released on May 21. sucks that the fans got to know it this way but it was to be expected.
what i didn't expect is the reaction on stage48 is surprisingly chill, meanwhile on redditt people are losing it

d145af037d7550a674e5da72214fc153.gif

-

Anyway ... I'm really looking forward to the new NMB48 MV

Last edited:

Melina

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭67,700
Behind the Scenes of HKT48's 14th single MV
I like this song and the idea of double senbatsu!

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
as part of Yuki Kashiwagi's collab project with WACK she is going to record 7 different singles, one with each group,
all songs are going to be simultaneously released to the public on August 31, while being a member of the groups her stage name is going to be "Yuki Reysole"

E1WDQafVIAkcyE-

the whole experience is going to be recorded as a documentary series, episodes are going to be publish weekly in her Youtube channel

they introduced her to the groups

--

the reception of this project by Wack's fandom is pretty good, them and 48 groups are almost polar opposites so i guess its a little surprising

Wack groups are young so they are going to learn a lot by working with a top idol
YK is going to show a new side of her and is going to be able to experiment with a huge diversity of styles and concepts

Last edited:

Yun

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,380
I was really looking forward to Yukirin introducing herself as ASP with their first name :noooo: should have changed it after that :somicry:

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,325
as part of Yuki Kashiwagi's collab project with WACK she is going to record 7 different singles, one with each group,
all songs are going to be simultaneously released to the public on August 31, while being a member of the groups her stage name is going to be "Yuki Reysole"

E1WDQafVIAkcyE-

the whole experience is going to be recorded as a documentary series, episodes are going to be publish weekly in her Youtube channel

they introduced her to the groups

--

the reception of this project by Wack's fandom is pretty good, them and 48 groups are almost polar opposites so i guess its a little surprising

Wack groups are young so they are going to learn a lot by working with a top idol
YK is going to show a new side of her and is going to be able to experiment with a huge diversity of styles and concepts

7 different singles? wow
Watanabe and Wack have done more for yukirin in 8 months then akb/aki-p in 14 years, her fans should be happy about it and not complain.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
I was really looking forward to Yukirin introducing herself as ASP with their first name :noooo: should have changed it after that :somicry:
i think the new name is for the general public, they likely are going to keep using ANAL SEX PENIS for in-house activities
has Yuki Kashiwagi ever said "shit" or "fuck"? :doge: because she is going to have to very soon (BiSH already convince her to scream Chinpo/Cock)
7 different singles? wow

8!

CAN YOU WALK WITH ME?? was the first phase of the project

her fans should be happy about it and not complain.

are people mad? because this whole collab project was a personal request from Akimoto Yasushi

Watanabe and Wack have done more for yukirin in 8 months then akb/aki-p in 14 years,
he is very serious about wanting her to join Wack, while its extremely unlikely there is the fact that snatching a top AKB idol would be a massive PR victory

promising her consistent releases seems like a good tactic to lure her into, for example Aina from BiSH started her solo career in January of this year and she already has 1 album, 1 EP and 3 singles

Yun

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,380
Abe Wakana is streaming Resident Evil Village

NMB's future looks bright with Wakapon , Cocona , Keito and Sadano (Mikanyan also) :heartpar: F in chat for Yokono

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,325
i think the new name is for the general public, they likely are going to keep using ANAL SEX PENIS for in-house activities
has Yuki Kashiwagi ever said "shit" or "fuck"? :doge: because she is going to have to very soon (BiSH already convince her to scream Chinpo/Cock)

8!

CAN YOU WALK WITH ME?? was the first phase of the project

are people mad? because this whole collab project was a personal request from Akimoto Yasushi

he is very serious about wanting her to join Wack, while its extremely unlikely there is the fact that snatching a top AKB idol would be a massive PR victory

promising her consistent releases seems like a good tactic to lure her into, for example Aina from BiSH started her solo career in January of this year and she already has 1 album, 1 EP and 3 singles

from what a could tell by people on twitter talking/translating from japanese comments about this project, and especially the collaboration with all 7 groups, yes they are. they are probabily worried that she will leave akb and since they don't like wack concepts it's unlikely they will follow her if she's graduate. they also think this will be a blow in her idol career.
yukirin/watanabe knows about fans being not happy about it as well, she even asked fans to not leave unpleasant messages or direct hate comments on watanabe/wack.
like i said they should be happy that at least he's willing to work with her and giving her a solo career and that wack members are happy about this collaboration.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him

kyunmart got a MV in NMB's upcoming single. The song isn't anything special but the MV is nice and the line-up is great.

NMB's future looks bright with Wakapon , Cocona , Keito and Sadano (Mikanyan also) :heartpar: F in chat for Yokono
She's a bit older but the captain Kojima Karen is also popular recently, she's the third best handshake seller for the latest single.
I don't know anything about Sadano's popularity but I've heard her name. I don't think Keito is super popular but she's a key member of the group and if she stays will probably be the next captain.

Wakapon is my favourite "new" member. Beautiful, elegant and good content. There is a funny video when Mikana, her and a 7th gen member play a video game and the 7th gen member tries to read the kanji

from what a could tell by people on twitter talking/translating from japanese comments about this project, and especially the collaboration with all 7 groups, yes they are. they are probabily worried that she will leave akb and since they don't like wack concepts it's unlikely they will follow her if she's graduate. they also think this will be a blow in her idol career.
yukirin/watanabe knows about fans being not happy about it as well, she even asked fans to not leave unpleasant messages or direct hate comments on watanabe/wack.
like i said they should be happy that at least he's willing to work with her and giving her a solo career and that wack members are happy about this collaboration.
If anything is going to make her leave it's not getting an AKB single for a year. I don't know if Yukirin is aiming for a solo career in music but her releases would have to do better than her latest single. I think she's more likely to pursue a career as a tarento. She is the most popular/famous female idol in Japan right now and appears on a lot of TV shows, she can stay in AKB. I think it's similar to NMB's Nagisa where both are famous and don't need to be in their group but they decide to stay because they enjoy it. This isn't going to hurt her ability to get on TV, any PR is good PR

Yun

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,380
Naru , Miu , Okinawa , Serika and Yokoyui dancing to Monica , yoake da

Monica Monica Monica :partydogo:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
i feel that people have the wrong idea about Wack, most of the outrageous stuff happened before BiSH even debuted (pre 2015)

i doubt random people could tell that groups like PARADISES, EMPiRE or MAMESHIBA are also Wack

i don't think her fans are the ones leaving negative comments, Yuki Kashiwagi probably wanted to see reactions from the other side,
visited his twitter to see opinions but found negative comments directed at him, probably believing that people are furious because he decided to partner with her
the thing is, comments about Watanabe are always negative :doge:

years ago he used to be a huge jerk and while he mellowed a lot lately he still has countless sworn enemies

If anything is going to make her leave it's not getting an AKB single for a year. I don't know if Yukirin is aiming for a solo career in music but her releases would have to do better than her latest single. I think she's more likely to pursue a career as a tarento. She is the most popular/famous female idol in Japan right now and appears on a lot of TV shows, she can stay in AKB. I think it's similar to NMB's Nagisa where both are famous and don't need to be in their group but they decide to stay because they enjoy it. This isn't going to hurt her ability to get on TV, any PR is good PR
that's right, her popularity means that she has lots of options, also Wack is not interested in managing solo acts that aren't part of a group

any PR is good PR
7 singles + (likely) 7 Music videos, add the fact that Warner, TSB and Avex are involved too, definitely a win for all parties

Last edited:
Top Bottom