The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,475,770
Pronouns
She/Her
In what sense is Baekho defensive towards Ren, does he protect him from being exposed or something?
Oh, back in the day, Ren used to go pretty hard with his androgynous fashion. However, back then, hosts would say shady and homophobic things to and about him so the other members would come to his defense.

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
I have my last doubt about Ren, although I faithfully believe that he is gay, some things torment me, like this in 2014:

What if questions for Ren <marriage life>

Situation 2. On the first night of your honeymoon, you two are enjoying winw at an exotic destination. What is the first word you would say to your wife
Ren: Come here baby, lets make love

And at a concert in HK in October this year, when he was asked to draw him and his fans, he did it with him kissing her

And sometimes there's something that bothers me, is why a guy who is gay, and proud like Ren (tattooing Born This Way, etc...) says these types of things? 😖

Victor Afonso

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,400
Pronouns
He
I just remember that Seokchon posted this on his IG:

Like... I'm not speculating, probably Baekho is just being a supportive friend, but this can mean that he's probably an ally, at least?

(Although, yeah, my wishful thinking is that he's gae because he's the only male K-pop idol that can make me feel a certain way lol)

EDIT: I posted the wrong account lol. Fixed!

Baekho is clearly an ally 😊

Ronnie Mars

Mamamoo will continue~
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭354,350
Pronouns
He/They
I've made the discussion archive easier to navigate and added many directories with links to queer works in Korea. If you would ever like anything added to the OP please don't hesitate to suggest <3
Can you please add Wheein's Goodbye into the OP too? The music video shows a storyline of a WLW relationship. Even the actress in the MV confirmed that the storyline in the music video is about that. (I forgot where I read that, when I remember the source, I'll get back to you)

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
Can you please add Wheein's Goodbye into the OP too? The music video shows a storyline of a WLW relationship. Even the actress in the MV confirmed that the storyline in the music video is about that. (I forgot where I read that, when I remember the source, I'll get back to you)
Added! Can't believe I forgot to add this one!

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know him, do you have any suspicions?
I watched him in Heavenly Idol and thought nothing of him, but then I saw him in interviews and his energy was very, very different. I suppose it's all vibes at this point, except that he just played opposite Ren in that new bl episode special.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
I watched him in Heavenly Idol and thought nothing of him, but then I saw him in interviews and his energy was very, very different. I suppose it's all vibes at this point, except that he just played opposite Ren in that new bl episode special.
oh just like shin jae ha, after posting that video of him and watching one of his dramas I looked him up and he gives me the same vibes as woo do hwan

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
oh just like shin jae ha, after posting that video of him and watching one of his dramas I looked him up and he gives me the same vibes as woo do hwan
Yeah. I hope it's interesting how he progresses in the industry. That's the guy who played opposite Gong Myung, right? Good for him. Haha

merismisa

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭103,410
I have my last doubt about Ren, although I faithfully believe that he is gay, some things torment me, like this in 2014:

What if questions for Ren <marriage life>

Situation 2. On the first night of your honeymoon, you two are enjoying winw at an exotic destination. What is the first word you would say to your wife
Ren: Come here baby, lets make love

And at a concert in HK in October this year, when he was asked to draw him and his fans, he did it with him kissing her

And sometimes there's something that bothers me, is why a guy who is gay, and proud like Ren (tattooing Born This Way, etc...) says these types of things? 😖

Idk, i don't find this type of thing weird at all, it's just fanservice which is a part of his job description. It's to maintain fans and the illusion so that it's possible for fans to turn the other way and still support him while ignoring the elephant in the room.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
Since you're my actor buddy now, Jang Dong Yoon thoughts? Lol
honestly, he's kinda sus to me, I don't know what to point exactly but sometimes when I look at him hmm...just like ahn hyo seop, after hearing this girl who lives in korea saying that there's an actor that fans ship with every actress out there when he's gay and everyone was mentioning his name I'm like :unsure:

hyukashidae

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,900
I became an inspirit last month, im watching a lot of old and new infinite content and i found myself drawn to sungjong for some reason, now im realising yeah he really REALLY pings me 😭 for the short time that i was lurking on the onehallyu thread before it shut down i now get why he was mentioned so much. He’s so pretty tho

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭615,600
Pronouns
He/Him
I became an inspirit last month, im watching a lot of old and new infinite content and i found myself drawn to sungjong for some reason, now im realising yeah he really REALLY pings me 😭 for the short time that i was lurking on the onehallyu thread before it shut down i now get why he was mentioned so much. He’s so pretty tho
Sungjong is really one of kpop's queer-without-outright-saying-it-but-like-let's-be-real founding fathers lol. I wish we still had idols like Key/Sungjong/Amber/Jo Kwon but it seems companies are a little more sanitized these days. Obviously there's Sunoo I guess but amongst big companies we don't really see idols who consistently present like they did in 2nd gen.

I'm glad he's still just being himself even this late in his career and I won't lie he really influenced my own gender presentation when I first got into kpop and was still figuring myself out in that regard.

I really can't imagine a modern top group leaning into this sort of appeal Anywhere close to the amount and frequency Woollim did during Infinite's peak. I know there's discourse about some of kpop's notorious cross dressing era being a bit misogynist but let's be real Sungjong knew exactly what he was doing and how to do it.

I'll never get enough of seeing this dude do whatever he wants with his gender. Iirc much H8 and the like first 100 pages of the OH gay thread were heavily populated by Inspirits into Sungjong (and Myungsoo) so we owe him a lot. The patron kpop boy of our ancestors.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
honestly, he's kinda sus to me, I don't know what to point exactly but sometimes when I look at him hmm...just like ahn hyo seop, after hearing this girl who lives in korea saying that there's an actor that fans ship with every actress out there when he's gay and everyone was mentioning his name I'm like :unsure:
Thank you! Same. There's just something about him. Hyo Seop feels less gay the more I watch of him, but he is sus for onboarding Rowoon specifically for the gay love line in his latest drama. Even though it wasn't very, uh, real.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
Thank you! Same. There's just something about him. Hyo Seop feels less gay the more I watch of him, but he is sus for onboarding Rowoon specifically for the gay love line in his latest drama. Even though it wasn't very, uh, real.
and rowoon seems straight to me, I think I just don't pay much attention to him
but people started talking about hyosep after the press conference of that drama with yeobeen

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭86,400
Pronouns
He/Him
and rowoon seems straight to me, I think I just don't pay much attention to him
but people started talking about hyosep after the press conference of that drama with yeobeen
See, I feel like Rowoon might actually be queer. Why did they start talking? Did he do something or was that the start of the shipping?

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,800
Pronouns
She/Her
See, I feel like Rowoon might actually be queer. Why did they start talking? Did he do something or was that the start of the shipping?
because of this video, couldn't find it on twt, people pointed his mannerisms
(edit) but fans are shipping him with lee sung kyung now

Last edited:
Top Bottom