The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭533,200
Pronouns
He/Him
His Man 3 finale! Hanmin is so crazy for ep.14 like holy shit to choose to do that on camera is absolutely bonkers and he 100% did not have to do that like that he's so nuts for that.
Hanmin was such a green flag of a dude there was clearly moments where you could see him having some regrets about not exploring his options but then he'd say again and again how Youngjoon was his type. That was so brutal bro bought you flowers and you give him back your couple ring!! On camera!!!

Minseon and Myeongkyun came in clutch for growing into a very cute relationship through the show and I can see them lasting. I think someone like Minseon is a much better fit for Myeongkyun and damn they were so into each other on the epilogue date thank god for a palate cleanser after that Hanmin betrayal. They say they're the first proper couple but I think they aren't together anymore based off of Myeongkyun's sns lmao. Who knows what'll happen though the fact that we got a new S2 couple last week totally came out of nowhere.

Seungjin my beloved I can't believe the show found a way to make him suffer even more right at the end lmao. I hope he and Hwi figure out whatever is going on with them and I can definitely see them comfortably fitting into just friends and that Seungjin only felt the way he did because he was more or less supposed to and trying to feel something for somebody since it's the whole point of the show. I thought they were very cute together though and Hwi saying hyung is his final voicemail had me so disappointed lmao right after calling Seungjin and asking to go on a date again the night before! This kid... I also find Hwi so likeable but I think he was kind of out of his depth. Maybe I was reading into it a little too much but I think Seongmin was genuinely the first person he ever truly liked so I see why he got so attached and blind to everything else.

Seongmin and Jaeseung had no chemistry and for the majority of the show were mega boring to me but I mean I think the age thing really sealed the deal. The fact that Jaeseung literally did a spit take when Hwi revealed his age made it pretty obvious. Clearly they both came there looking to find somebody to enter a longterm relationship with and when you're in your 30s and the rival love interest is 22 I can see why they'd make the choice they did and it seems like its working out for them. Hopefully casting either skews all the contestants ages younger if they do another season or they keep the leaning older age range of the previous seasons and stop adding a token 21 year old that's very likely to get written off. Either way that couple pics slideshow Jaeseung posted was very cute and I'm happy for them.

Here is the cast discussing coming out. They didn't air this because I guess production thought it wasn't as emotionally intense as it was in prior seasons but imo it's still very interesting.

The fact that so many of them admit they aren't out to their parents and want to use this show as an opportunity to come out... I wouldn't personally choose suddenly appearing on a gay dating show as my method of telling my parents I'm gay but to each their own I guess!

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,500
Pronouns
He/Him
Just me driving by with a medium-warm take. Lee Jong Suk gives me such gay face that I can fathom him and IU being in a lavender relationship sometimes. Lmao.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,600
Pronouns
She/Her
Just me driving by with a medium-warm take. Lee Jong Suk gives me such gay face that I can fathom him and IU being in a lavender relationship sometimes. Lmao.
reading the comments on pann I found out he dated Nara too

recently Kim sung cheol has been giving me the same vibes as Woo do hwan
don't know if I'm going crazy about it, he talked about a gf in the past that cheated on him

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,500
Pronouns
He/Him
reading the comments on pann I found out he dated Nara too

recently Kim sung cheol has been giving me the same vibes as Woo do hwan
don't know if I'm going crazy about it, he talked about a gf in the past that cheated on him
I can't tell if that's evidence for or against honestly. Lol.

Expound on this. I'm interested.

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭89,535
I sometimes used fi feel it especially after School 2013 but I think it was just wishful thinking in my part lol.

Do hope he and IU are happy since I like both.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,600
Pronouns
She/Her
I can't tell if that's evidence for or against honestly. Lol.

Expound on this. I'm interested.
watching some of his videos he has the same mannerisms as woo do hwan, it's like I'm watching him, don't think it's much evidence
he talked about this gf from the past that is probably an anonymous and he also confessed that he doesn't like doing romantic dramas since love is genuine feeling
I'm probably reaching right now :LOL:

mmya

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,800
Hello! I was a lurker on the old OH forum a loooong time ago. I was disheartened to hear that OH shut down, but glad to find there's a new space for it here.
Any thoughts on Stray Kids? I wanted to check the old OH forum but it seems the search bar is dead :( and idk what to put for the hyperlink. Does anyone remember any consensuses on them?
I am kind of reluctant to share my opinions because honestly I think my gaydar is pretty bad except for the most obvious folks in kpop. But I wanted to bring up Lee Know as particularly notable to me as well as maybe Felix.
I don't know if it's okay to reference a ship. I try my best to be logically sound and non-delulu, I'm not trying to be a truther!!1!!. But I'm bringing it up anyway. Specifically Lee Know's physical reactions to Han in past content is what piqued my interest to find the OH thread again in the first place. I kinda don't feel it much from Han, maybe, maybe not. He kinda reads as comfortable with himself and just enjoys messing/flirting with others. But the way Lee Know has gotten so flustered and shy by interactions really made me wonder if he has feelings/attraction for men. He doesn't seem to get so flustered by anyone else in the group.
I am a new fan also so I haven't seen Lee Know's interactions with many other people besides SKZ. But I heard he basically doesn't pay attention to female idols. That could also be him keeping his image tightly wrapped though. But he has been filmed having his heartrate go up from being kissed by a guy, constantly getting red, like... what is that? yk? Would he react like that if he wasn't attracted to men? Have other assumed straight k-celebs reacted the same?
I recognize that the flustered reaction could come about for other reasons. And somehow at the same time, he reads as totally straight and comfortable with himself and skinship. So I don't know. But still.
I can post vids if anyone is curious.

Edit: just remembered I had a whole ass account and actually posted on OH. Also spoilered my reasoning bc it’s awkwardly long 💀

Last edited:

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,600
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello! I was a lurker on the old OH forum a loooong time ago. I was disheartened to hear that OH shut down, but glad to find there's a new space for it here.
Any thoughts on Stray Kids? I wanted to check the old OH forum but it seems the search bar is dead :( and idk what to put for the hyperlink. Does anyone remember any consensuses on them?
I am kind of reluctant to share my opinions because honestly I think my gaydar is pretty bad except for the most obvious folks in kpop. But I wanted to bring up Lee Know as particularly notable to me as well as maybe Felix.
I don't know if it's okay to reference a ship. I try my best to be logically sound and non-delulu, I'm not trying to be a truther!!1!!. But I'm bringing it up anyway. Specifically Lee Know's physical reactions to Han in past content is what piqued my interest to find the OH thread again in the first place. I kinda don't feel it much from Han, maybe, maybe not. He kinda reads as comfortable with himself and just enjoys messing/flirting with others. But the way Lee Know has gotten so flustered and shy by interactions really made me wonder if he has feelings/attraction for men. He doesn't seem to get so flustered by anyone else in the group.
I am a new fan also so I haven't seen Lee Know's interactions with many other people besides SKZ. But I heard he basically doesn't pay attention to female idols. That could also be him keeping his image tightly wrapped though. But he has been filmed having his heartrate go up from being kissed by a guy, constantly getting red, like... what is that? yk? Would he react like that if he wasn't attracted to men? Have other assumed straight k-celebs reacted the same?
I recognize that the flustered reaction could come about for other reasons. And somehow at the same time, he reads as totally straight and comfortable with himself and skinship. So I don't know. But still.

Edit: just remembered I had a whole ass account and actually posted on OH. Also spoilered my reasoning bc it’s awkwardly long 💀

you can't search there since it's just a print, but here's the link: https://web.archive.org/web/2023111...-which-male-idols-do-you-think-are-gay/page/1

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭533,200
Pronouns
He/Him

I don't really keep up with skz anymore but I used to be a pretty big fan and Lee Know bias. He definitely pinged for me and he was very interested in projecting this "boyfriend" image but exclusively to dudes, mostly Jisung but there was also that Weekly idol where he was laying it on super thick to Jeongin in a playful way. He and Jisung were very suspicious together in a way that was at least partially played up for the cameras but definitely read as a little too giddy and touchy feely quite often. That clip of them on the couch with the hard cut when they're getting in each other's faces is legendary for a reason. He styles himself in a way that's appealing to gay guys, there's not really any receipts about past relationships, and he likes to get flirty with men. I personally don't need much more convincing.

I think a lot of people have written off Jisung as straight now that their ship isn't as promoted but personally I think he was very reciprocal to Minho back in the day in a way that I'm very doubtful a straight dude would be even if he was still pretty young and figuring himself out. Jisung presents in a very masc way these days with his bulking and some of the fuckboy traits he's leaned into but personally I don't think those things actually rule him out as queer since it is his job to be attractive to teenage girls. He gives me bi vibes, and maybe he just has a girlfriend and has laid off the flirting with guys angle, or he has a preference for women and Minho just happened to really be his type.

Felix is more or less unspoken to a degree, right? Even disregarding some of those ancient uncorroborated fansign anecdotes, he's still said he has an ideal type for both genders (even if he did say his ideal type for men is Changbin which is obviously a fanservicey answer), leans into a more androgynous presentation and seems very confident being perceived that way, and about the only het fanservice he really leans into is the whole deep voice thing. Iirc he also posted bi colors around suspicious dates. I could see him as straight but if he's pinging as much as he does consistently for as long as he has, I think it's worth noting. Skz are at the point in their career where groups tend to stop fanservice queer baiting much so we'll see if things change for him but I doubt they will tbh.

I remember people used to suspect Changbin and a big part of that was his lyrics in Broken Compass but imo I never found that nearly as convincing as most people and personally he never pinged me all that much and he hasn't in a long while. I think people are swayed by the sort of goody aegyo he does but I also don't find it to really be indicitive of anything. I have no idea how strongly the fandom still likes the Changbin gay narrative tbh

The others don't really ping. Seungmin often seems so checked out from the people around him regardless of gender that I've passingly wondered if he might be ace in the past but I'm definitely not anywhere near enough in the loop with them now to really bring evidence besides vibes with that one.

And welcome to the thread! I hope you stick around :fab:

mmya

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,800
I don't really keep up with skz anymore but I used to be a pretty big fan and Lee Know bias. He definitely pinged for me and he was very interested in projecting this "boyfriend" image but exclusively to dudes, mostly Jisung but there was also that Weekly idol where he was laying it on super thick to Jeongin in a playful way. He and Jisung were very suspicious together in a way that was at least partially played up for the cameras but definitely read as a little too giddy and touchy feely quite often. That clip of them on the couch with the hard cut when they're getting in each other's faces is legendary for a reason. He styles himself in a way that's appealing to gay guys, there's not really any receipts about past relationships, and he likes to get flirty with men. I personally don't need much more convincing.

I think a lot of people have written off Jisung as straight now that their ship isn't as promoted but personally I think he was very reciprocal to Minho back in the day in a way that I'm very doubtful a straight dude would be even if he was still pretty young and figuring himself out. Jisung presents in a very masc way these days with his bulking and some of the fuckboy traits he's leaned into but personally I don't think those things actually rule him out as queer since it is his job to be attractive to teenage girls. He gives me bi vibes, and maybe he just has a girlfriend and has laid off the flirting with guys angle, or he has a preference for women and Minho just happened to really be his type.

Felix is more or less unspoken to a degree, right? Even disregarding some of those ancient uncorroborated fansign anecdotes, he's still said he has an ideal type for both genders (even if he did say his ideal type for men is Changbin which is obviously a fanservicey answer), leans into a more androgynous presentation and seems very confident being perceived that way, and about the only het fanservice he really leans into is the whole deep voice thing. Iirc he also posted bi colors around suspicious dates. I could see him as straight but if he's pinging as much as he does consistently for as long as he has, I think it's worth noting. Skz are at the point in their career where groups tend to stop fanservice queer baiting much so we'll see if things change for him but I doubt they will tbh.

I remember people used to suspect Changbin and a big part of that was his lyrics in Broken Compass but imo I never found that nearly as convincing as most people and personally he never pinged me all that much and he hasn't in a long while. I think people are swayed by the sort of goody aegyo he does but I also don't find it to really be indicitive of anything. I have no idea how strongly the fandom still likes the Changbin gay narrative tbh

The others don't really ping. Seungmin often seems so checked out from the people around him regardless of gender that I've passingly wondered if he might be ace in the past but I'm definitely not anywhere near enough in the loop with them now to really bring evidence besides vibes with that one.

And welcome to the thread! I hope you stick around :fab:
Wow. You really put into words what I was thinking but couldn’t express somehow.

It’s the *too* giddy and touchy, the nervousness, and also instances of quieter, almost secretive skinship that really stuck out. You could sense sometimes that SKZ members were tired of it or even uncomfortable lmao. And I say past tense because I noticed they’ve backed off in recent times too. But it’s interesting to note that they recently started living together just the two of them.

Not to over-assume but I really wondered if they had experimented at some point in the past or at least addressed whatever was going on. It was pretty deep and intense on a different level. The cut in 2 kids room… and Lee Know is sooo flustered after… yeah. Yeah I’m solidified about him now. Actually his heartbeat rising from getting kissed by Han wasn’t *that* long ago either. But they must be really comfortable with each other now. They get each other, makes sense they’d live together, even if nothing actually happened, either of them are dating someone else, etc.

I can see that for Jisung. My leaning in my head is bi with preference for women. I wouldn’t be surprised if straight but bi-curious in the past. He did say the first thing he noticed about Minho was how attractive he was so. And clearly Minho found something attractive in Han. Even though Han is turning up the fuckboy 💀, they’re clearly still close. Maybe their strong acceptance of each other plays into that, whether or not sexual identity is part of it. I did find it interesting you said Minho happened to be his type. I wonder if he’s ever responded like that to other male idols.

I suppose you’re right, Felix is just spoken for at this point lol. Maybe that’s why I was so interested to talk about Minho.

Changbin never pinged me, even with the constant arguing lol. I’ll have to check out the song. Seungmin, I.N, tired dad Chan, are so straight to me 😂 The only other member to discuss is Hyunjin and though he can be a bit nonconforming in many ways, he seems pretty straight to me too.

Thanks, I like it here :)

Edit: finally found some talk of SKZ on the OH thread. Someone said “I wouldn’t be surprised if LK lowkey has/had a crush on Jisung.” That’s exactly my point of view too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,500
Pronouns
He/Him
I sometimes used fi feel it especially after School 2013 but I think it was just wishful thinking in my part lol.

Do hope he and IU are happy since I like both.
I don't think it's wishful thinking. He could just be bi. Lol.

As long as whatever they have works for them and is mutual, I'm cool. 😂

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,500
Pronouns
He/Him
watching some of his videos he has the same mannerisms as woo do hwan, it's like I'm watching him, don't think it's much evidence
he talked about this gf from the past that is probably an anonymous and he also confessed that he doesn't like doing romantic dramas since love is genuine feeling
I'm probably reaching right now :LOL:
I'm not tracking on the gf bit, but as Do Hwan sends my brain into detective mode the moment he appears on screen, I'll check out Sung Cheol in stuff outside of Sweet Home. Haha.

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭89,535
This was a nice to see,

Not sure how many idols have covered songs form the movie before, but it is still nice to see idols covering songs from such a famous queer film,

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,600
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not tracking on the gf bit, but as Do Hwan sends my brain into detective mode the moment he appears on screen, I'll check out Sung Cheol in stuff outside of Sweet Home. Haha.
I just mention the gf because it could be made up, sometimes they made up stories to be more...relatable? she could exist or not
so yeah, recently he attended an event for his new drama and all the movements he made on stage was woo do hwan coded, now I want them posing together
and he also played the gay character in vincenzo and in his new film they confirmed his character and hong kyung's are partners

editing with this, it's just a joke but

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,500
Pronouns
He/Him
I just mention the gf because it could be made up, sometimes they made up stories to be more...relatable? she could exist or not
so yeah, recently he attended an event for his new drama and all the movements he made on stage was woo do hwan coded, now I want them posing together
and he also played the gay character in vincenzo and in his new film they confirmed his character and hong kyung's are partners

editing with this, it's just a joke but

The fact they said it was a 10 year relationship is nuts. Lol.
I watched a Vincenzo clip. He was adorable. The scene itself rubbed me the wrong way, but he was nice.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,600
Pronouns
She/Her
The fact they said it was a 10 year relationship is nuts. Lol.
I watched a Vincenzo clip. He was adorable. The scene itself rubbed me the wrong way, but he was nice.
I honestly didn't believe at all in that relationship, I was reading like this :unsure:
looks like he made his cameo on vincenzo because he's besties with joong ki
yeah, he's a good actor, haven't seen him in much but he's good

Last edited:

likeadomino

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Pronouns
Any
hi everyone! i wasnt on the old thread so im not sure what people’s thoughts were on this group back then (im also not sure how to navigate the archived link 😭), but im interested in if any members of seventeen set off your gaydar. i think hoshi’s the most popular choice as of late but vernon gives me huuuuuuge bisexual vibes. there are a couple more members im suspicious of but i’d like to hear your guys’ thoughts first!

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,500
Pronouns
He/Him
I honestly didn't believe at all in that relationship, I was reading like this :unsure:
looks like he made his cameo on vincenzo because he's besties with joong ki
yeah, he's a good actor, haven't seen him in much but he's good
Oh really? Maybe I should hear him talk about it instead.

He was in Sweet Home and was really fun. If you like horror (I don't find it scary but a bit gory), it's great.

I'm trying to think if any other actors popped up on my radar lately.

Top Bottom