✽ The Anime & Manga Club! ✽

Vampire

your only escape is me Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭153,050
Oh okay, that's understandable shhdis At least you're still our weeb leader. It would've broken my heart had you said you had left the weeb life :onggun: jk What are some of the animes you're planning to watch? Mayhaps i have and can give input :bakacat:
i doubt i'll ever leave the weeb life tbh! :knifepaimon:

not including continuations (like second seasons for things or whatever), some of the anime i'm planning to give a try are Chainsaw Man, Undead Murder Farce, The Apothecary Diaries, and the Spice and Wolf remake

Also, can you be a sweetheart and update the form for me thankies

Name: Stannie
Favorite Anime: AoT, HunterxHunter, Fullmetal Alchemist, Claymore, Love is War, Chihayafuru, Death Note, Vinland Saga, Violet Evergarden
Favorite Manga: n/a
Favorite Characters: Lelouch, L, Levi, Killua, Kaguya, Teresa, Thorfinn
yup, i sure can! :happymagi:

Hope you don't mind me quoting this post here because i didn't wanna clutter the event thread with my spam :TzuyuKek:

Agshjs you did? Then it must've been my ignorance for not paying attention :sejeongcry:

I didn't read the entire manga but i skimmed the parts where the anime last left off. Honestly, i was so sure it'd be Arata based on how the story was going and i was bracing myself for a heartbreak :tears:There were hints of Chihaya's feelings but since Taichi's insecurity is contagious i was feeling insecure like he was shdhjk then out of nowhere the ending hello?!? :oops::love: it was so beautiful. All the poems were beautiful shdhdj I really hope there will be season 4 for the anime 🙏 :sejeongcry:
it's fine! :bakacat:

yes, i was always really conflicted! i felt like taichi had a chance with the way chihaya would act at times, but then other times, i'd just be like... man idk i have a sinking feeling arata is endgame, especially with how season 3 is. anime sequels can take a long time, but i think chihayafuru is successful enough to get another one... just have to wait longer :sejeongcry:

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,179,909
Wdym how do i like him? He only appeared a few times so far :TzuyuKek:But he seemed to be rivaling Conan in wit? I'll pick it up when i feel down again :sanapray:

And yes, after watching more hardcore stuff like AoT, this doesnt faze me ahgshs Also, I've always liked investigative stuff and this seems on the more lighthearted side :poggers:

Omo, boo!!! We need to talk about your Japan trip. I'm planning to go there maybe next year or the year after if possible so tell me your experience and tips:RunPar:
that’s why you need to check detective conan wiki and watch his episodes :poggers: yeah he is best friend with conan and similar to him in wit and both having childhood love interests. he is more emotional than conan so it’s funny.

you are right~ dc characters are more lighthearted (apart from black organization eps)

yesss i love visiting japan.. mine was too short so i would want to go again! let me know when you start planning- you can reach me on discord if i am not here. only thing is i didn’t do much research on food so i can’t really help you there :peepoblanket:

Stannie

>:(
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭387,251
i doubt i'll ever leave the weeb life tbh! :knifepaimon:

not including continuations (like second seasons for things or whatever), some of the anime i'm planning to give a try are Chainsaw Man, Undead Murder Farce, The Apothecary Diaries, and the Spice and Wolf remake

yup, i sure can! :happymagi:

it's fine! :bakacat:

yes, i was always really conflicted! i felt like taichi had a chance with the way chihaya would act at times, but then other times, i'd just be like... man idk i have a sinking feeling arata is endgame, especially with how season 3 is. anime sequels can take a long time, but i think chihayafuru is successful enough to get another one... just have to wait longer :sejeongcry:

Ah, can't help you there. I haven't watched any of those either ahdjsk The Apothecary Diaries is on my PTW though, so ill share my thoughts if i ever got there first lol

Oh well, i can wait (impatiently) now that i know at least i wont be bitter about the endgame :sejeongcry: And i nominated Taichihaya for the card thingy btw :RunPar:

that’s why you need to check detective conan wiki and watch his episodes :poggers: yeah he is best friend with conan and similar to him in wit and both having childhood love interests. he is more emotional than conan so it’s funny.

you are right~ dc characters are more lighthearted (apart from black organization eps)

yesss i love visiting japan.. mine was too short so i would want to go again! let me know when you start planning- you can reach me on discord if i am not here. only thing is i didn’t do much research on food so i can’t really help you there :peepoblanket:

Alright, alright - ill check it out. boo is really desperate to make me watch ha favorite show at the expense of me being down! :weep:

Ohhh, how long was your trip? I hate being on the plane for too long and since the flight to Japan will be long for me, if i go i would need at least 2.5-3 weeks there. Would that be enough 🤔 okay! I'll slide into your dm when/if i do start planning :poggers: Thanks, boo :shyblob:

Last edited:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭153,050
Ah, can't help you there. I haven't watched any of those either ahdjsk The Apothecary Diaries is on my PTW though, so ill share my thoughts if i ever got there first lol
it's okay! lol
we'll see who gets to it sooner~

And i nominated Taichihaya for the card thingy btw :RunPar:
omg that's excellent! i had thought about nominating them for a previous couple edition before but chickened out/didn't know if i'd be able to grab hq enough screencaps or pictures in general

My previous post merged so lets try again

Has anyone here watched Frieren btw :poggers: If not...

...don't waste your time :poggers:
THIS IS HILARIOUS TO ME
because after there was a few episodes that had already aired, the hype was crazy, so i was like, "well okay" and watched the first episode and...
idk was just so overwhelmingly turned-off by the whole experience
have not watched more since

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,179,909

Oh well, i can wait (impatiently) now that i know at least i wont be bitter about the endgame :sejeongcry: And i nominated Taichihaya for the card thingy btw :RunPar:

Alright, alright - ill check it out. boo is really desperate to make me watch ha favorite show at the expense of me being down! :weep:

Ohhh, how long was your trip? I hate being on the plane for too long and since the flight to Japan will be long for me, if i go i would need at least 2.5-3 weeks there. Would that be enough 🤔 okay! I'll slide into your dm when/if i do start planning :poggers: Thanks, boo :shyblob:
dfhgjsdk you don’t have to but I am happy to share my love for DC with someone :hehe:
my trip was about 10-12 days. I wished it was longer so 2.5-3 weeks is smart! and also direct flight if you can. I had layover and it was almost the whole day instead of 12-15 hours if it was direct.
My previous post merged so lets try again

Has anyone here watched Frieren btw :poggers: If not...

...don't waste your time :poggers:
why? it was so popular. I tried first 2 eps but never went past that. I assumed it got better later and that’s why it has so much hype!
it's okay! lol

omg that's excellent! i had thought about nominating them for a previous couple edition before but chickened out/didn't know if i'd be able to grab hq enough screencaps or pictures in general

THIS IS HILARIOUS TO ME
because after there was a few episodes that had already aired, the hype was crazy, so i was like, "well okay" and watched the first episode and...
same about frieren, couldn’t get past first 2 eps and thought it was just me!

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭387,251
it's okay! lol

I also "chickened out" at first because i didn't want to nominate something only I'd want when idek if i'd have time to play games dgdjsk but im so glad you want it too :palove:
THIS IS HILARIOUS TO ME

why? it was so popular. I tried first 2 eps but never went past that. I assumed it got better later and that’s why it has so much hype!

same about frieren, couldn’t get past first 2 eps and thought it was just me!

You guys made the right decision because i ended up watching the whole thing sgdhsko I kept telling myself, "it's Madhouse and it's so highly rated so it must be good. Maybe i just need to be patient or maybe I'm missing out something!" But nah, it was just underwhelming as a whole.

It's not horrible BUT it's so overrated and it pretends to be deeper than it actually is. And i was so irked by how emotionless they made 99% of the characters look auhdskks The only interesting arc to me was the Demon invasion arc, which was actually pretty good and had some badass fight scenes. After that it became flat again. I think the reason why it was so popular was because of the Madhouse crew (the animation was really good, I'll give it that), and the fakedeep fans who think they have superior taste for knowing how to appreciate it and would push their agenda by dragging anyone who dont, and people are sheeps so they bought into the hype and herd mentality :NayeonDisgust:

Agdhskk okay, i got that out of the system. That was satisfying :darkkermit:

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭387,251
dfhgjsdk you don’t have to but I am happy to share my love for DC with someone :hehe:
my trip was about 10-12 days. I wished it was longer so 2.5-3 weeks is smart! and also direct flight if you can. I had layover and it was almost the whole day instead of 12-15 hours if it was direct.

i was just teasing you, boo :bakacat: Feel free to spazz away cuz i would get excited too when finding someone who shares my interests ahdhsj

Ahhh, yeah, unless the tickets are so much more expensive i would never go for layovers aidhjd i did it once for a europe trip and i hated it so much.

also if anyone is looking for anime to watch, I recommend Kotaro Lives Alone :TipPar:

I'm proud to say I've watched this one sjhskak and i really enjoyed it as well. I might have sobbed a few times :tears:

• Love
Reactions: boo

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭105,772
Before turning in i just wanna say im happy to see some life has returned to our club. I almost thought I would be talking to myself here like a madwoman :poggers: :sejeongcry:

Stannie, I finally finished the Hunter x Hunter badge thread after years, go request the awards or they'll get purged :ragepaimon:

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,300
Some more anime figurines which I purchased today:

sqxfXny.jpg

Diri8kv.jpg

g8YHl6Z.jpg

With how popular Blue Lock is, I only own Bachira figurine recently for Blue Lock. Meanwhile the love hashira, I now own two of her figurine. And for Bokuto, I been really wanting his figurine for a very long time. While he might not be the main character in Haikyuu, he is my favourite character. I just love him so much.

p.s: Some fun facts. Two of my favourite sports anime character spot #4 on their team jersey. Bokuto from Haikyuu and Akashi from Kuroko No Basket. And #4 and #14 is very symbolic to me. It is my favourite number and I myself on a sport team have always use #14 (I think of it this way No 1 is No 4 aka 14 lol)

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Blog Lead Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭117,309
Mayhaps I speedran the Blue Lock manga in 2 days. :poggers:
ngl, now I'm even more pumped to see season 2 of the anime than I was before. :munchlax:

What are some other good mangas to read? Ideally ~200-300 chapters at most. 🤔
I've read Tokyo Ghoul & Oshi no Ko already.

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭153,050
the fakedeep fans who think they have superior taste for knowing how to appreciate it and would push their agenda by dragging anyone who dont, and people are sheeps so they bought into the hype and herd mentality :NayeonDisgust:
this has honestly become a bigger problem over the last couple years in the community which is really strange!!
i had a friend who was asking online if something more climatic was going to happen on episode 3 or so because he figured that's how it was going to be structured, and he was still trying to get into it, and he basically got talked down to and was told to go watch a shounen if he wanted action and that this anime was more than that or whatever..... lol

Before turning in i just wanna say im happy to see some life has returned to our club. I almost thought I would be talking to myself here like a madwoman :poggers: :sejeongcry:
i'm happy about it too!!

fromisJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,300
Mayhaps I speedran the Blue Lock manga in 2 days. :poggers:
ngl, now I'm even more pumped to see season 2 of the anime than I was before. :munchlax:

What are some other good mangas to read? Ideally ~200-300 chapters at most. 🤔
I've read Tokyo Ghoul & Oshi no Ko already.

If you like Soccer, I will recommend Days (375 chapters in total). There was also an anime for it (Just Season 1 and an 3 eps OVA).

I really like the stories and wish that the anime will get a Season 2 because the National Arcs have some great matches.

fromisJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,300

Excited to watch this in roughly 2 hours time!

Movie pretty good. Toward the ending, there was a slight tease of the U-20 match. As a Sports Science student, Blue Lock Project is something I really want to run in my own country.

I was one of the only two guys watching though. Plenty of females were watching

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭387,251
I was watching this video where they asked about most overrated, underrated, all-time favorite anime :poggers:

I think at this moment mine would be:

All-time: AOT. Simply a masterpiece with second-to-none storytelling. Up to S2, I remember thinking it was a typical shonen with gore and shock factors for giggles and fun, but seasons 3 to Finale blew my mind. Every detail was so well thought out and you'd discover something interesting on each rewatch.
Most Underrated: Claymore. I almost missed out on this because of the rating. I know people were complaining about the anime ending, but discounting the last 2 episodes, this is one incredible anime and I was so obsessed with it for a while. I love the storytelling and characters. I really wish there would be a remake someday that will fully cover the manga!
Most Overrated: i think if i revealed I'd be excommunicated from this club :pepesanta:

Last edited:
Top Bottom