✽ The Anime & Manga Club! ✽

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭447,750
All-time: AOT. Simply a masterpiece with second-to-none storytelling. Up to S2, I remember thinking it was a typical shonen with gore and shock factors for giggles and fun, but seasons 3 to Finale blew my mind. Every detail was so well thought out and you'd discover something interesting on each rewatch.
AOT is in my top 5! I still need to finish it, though. I was watching it with my brother and my uncles, and then one uncle wanted to keep going when the new season came out, but the other one wanted to rewatch the most recent previous season, so it completely screwed up the experience... All of us have yet to see the final FINAL episodes lol. :yooheadache:

Most Underrated: Claymore. I almost missed out on this because of the rating. I know people were complaining about the anime ending, but discounting the last 2 episodes, this is one incredible anime and I was so obsessed with it for a while. I love the storytelling and characters. I really wish there would be a remake someday that will fully cover the manga!
Haven't seen it, but the name stands out to me and it is something I've considered watching before.

Most Overrated: i think if i revealed I'd be excommunicated from this club :pepesanta:
I would love to know! So far, you and I have both agreed on not being that into Fruits Basket and Frieren skjdfgh... I think we also both fear One Piece? LMAO

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭795,259
I was watching this video where they asked about most overrated, underrated, all-time favorite anime :poggers:

I think at this moment mine would be:

All-time: AOT. Simply a masterpiece with second-to-none storytelling. Up to S2, I remember thinking it was a typical shonen with gore and shock factors for giggles and fun, but seasons 3 to Finale blew my mind. Every detail was so well thought out and you'd discover something interesting on each rewatch.
Most Underrated: Claymore. I almost missed out on this because of the rating. I know people were complaining about the anime ending, but discounting the last 2 episodes, this is one incredible anime and I was so obsessed with it for a while. I love the storytelling and characters. I really wish there would be a remake someday that will fully cover the manga!
Most Overrated: i think if i revealed I'd be excommunicated from this club :pepesanta:

i watched one of his vid on what anime people are watching! ended up watching mashle, which is basically harry potter and one punch man. it’s an ok watch, nothing amazing so it’s not on my recommended list. I tried watching first ep of AOT and dropping it.. not sure if I can make it to season 3 :teehee:

my most underrated is Skip Beat! my favorite shoujo and I hope it gets a remake. I love the main character. It’s about her journey to discovering herself and honing her craft under the initial guise of revenge. comedy, story telling and character development are great.

can’t really pick out 1 for all-time favorite because I have multiple favs for different reasons and will rewatch based on my mood.

as for most overrated, i can’t pick either because I dropped so many anime after watching only 1-2 eps so I really don’t know enough about popular anime to pick.

I need assurance that my safety is guaranteed :brbdying:
i come with pitchforks!
but i don’t watch a lot of popular anime so go for it :jinjudge:

Last edited:

Stannie

♫ All that I'm after is a life full of laughter ♫
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭776,051
Well...most overrated to me is Demon Slayer, which i know almost everyone here loves shdhdj Ya'll can lynch me now, im ready :viva:

AOT is in my top 5! I still need to finish it, though. I was watching it with my brother and my uncles, and then one uncle wanted to keep going when the new season came out, but the other one wanted to rewatch the most recent previous season, so it completely screwed up the experience... All of us have yet to see the final FINAL episodes lol. :yooheadache:

Waaah, you haven't watched the final final episode? I think it's better to watch it in one go anyway. I feel lucky cuz i dropped it around season 2 when the final season hadnt come out yet. Then randomly picked it up when final season part 2 came out, so the experience was much better not having to wait. I would've withered in impatience otherwise sjdhdj

I would love to know! So far, you and I have both agreed on not being that into Fruits Basket and Frieren skjdfgh... I think we also both fear One Piece? LMAO

"Fear One Piece" lmao i tried to pick that one up so many times cuz my little sis kept bugging me about it and we are so similar in many ways that i thought I'd give her recommendation a try, but i just never managed to get past 20 episodes :eek:xygen:

i watched one of his vid on what anime people are watching! ended up watching mashle, which is basically harry potter and one punch man. it’s an ok watch, nothing amazing so it’s not on my recommended list. I tried watching first ep of AOT and dropping it.. not sure if I can make it to season 3 :teehee:

my most underrated is Skip Beat! my favorite shoujo and I hope it gets a remake. I love the main character. It’s about her journey to discovering herself and honing her craft under the initial guise of revenge. comedy, story telling and character development are great.

can’t really pick out 1 for all-time favorite because I have multiple favs for different reasons and will rewatch based on my mood.

as for most overrated, i can’t pick either because I dropped so many anime after watching only 1-2 eps so I really don’t know enough about popular anime to pick.

i come with pitchforks!
but i don’t watch a lot of popular anime so go for it :jinjudge:

Oh, I watched Mashle too. It was alright. The concept was there but i didnt like the execution and the humor was just simply unfunny to me ahdgdh Girl, give AOT another try!!! You're missing out on the GOAT :angry:

Last edited:

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early SupportersTop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,139,350
Well...most overrated to me is Demon Slayer, which i know almost everyone here loves shdhdj Ya'll can lynch me now, im ready :viva:

Waaah, you haven't watched the final final episode? I think it's better to watch it in one go anyway. I feel lucky cuz i dropped it around season 2 when the final season hadnt come out yet. Then randomly picked it up when final season part 2 came out, so the experience was much better not having to wait. I would've withered in impatience otherwise sjdhdj

"Fear One Piece" lmao i tried to pick that one up so many times cuz my little sis kept bugging me about it and we are so similar in many ways that i thought I'd give her recommendation a try, but i just never managed to get past 20 episodes :eek:xygen:

Oh, I watched Mashle too. It was alright. The concept was there but i didnt like the execution and the humor was just simply unfunny to me ahdgdh Girl, give AOT another try!!! You're missing out on the GOAT :angry:

ASDFGHJK

I guess I can't protect you.

Anyway regarding One Piece, the anime can be pretty slow so I get why it isn't everyone cup of tea. But if you manage to read the manga, it is excellent because Oda or Goda as we One Piece fan call him is able to link insignificant piece of stuffs from long ago to something huge 20 years later. I been following One Piece since I was a kid (think I was 7 to 9 year old) and I am already turning 32 this year and every thing I still get hyped for new chapters, especially now we are in the final saga/at the endgame now.

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭795,259

demon slayer was good but i never finished either… i can’t protect you though :marge:
yeah mashle was funny first few ep but afterwards it’s the same jokes so it wasn’t funny anymore
I will give AOT another try when I am in the mood :TipPar:
ASDFGHJK

Anyway regarding One Piece, the anime can be pretty slow so I get why it isn't everyone cup of tea. But if you manage to read the manga, it is excellent because Oda or Goda as we One Piece fan call him is able to link insignificant piece of stuffs from long ago to something huge 20 years later. I been following One Piece since I was a kid (think I was 7 to 9 year old) and I am already turning 32 this year and every thing I still get hyped for new chapters, especially now we are in the final saga/at the endgame now.
happy for you that One Piece is at the endgame now! meanwhile.. my detective conan :Headingout:

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭776,051
ASDFGHJK

demon slayer was good but i never finished either… i can’t protect you though :marge:
yeah mashle was funny first few ep but afterwards it’s the same jokes so it wasn’t funny anymore
I will give AOT another try when I am in the mood :TipPar:

I already accepted my fate as public's enemy when i declared that :pepesanta: Funny because it was actually the gateway anime that got me into watching anime again when i was a new and impressionable baby weeb :BoredPar: i still thought the beginning up to the Mugen Train arc was decent. Everything after that was a drag to get thru. If the whole thing were wrapped up in under 30 episodes it would've been better instead of milking such simple storyline over season after season. Or if they wanted to keep the length, at least spend more time on actual character developments and fine-tuning the power systems instead. Not another season of Tanjiro being beaten up half-dead for the 12345th time :knifepaimon:

Having watched only 1% of the anime i dont think i can give a fair verdict on OP either way. I'm sure it's a lot more intricate than it looks but im just not vibing with it so far. Maybe one day...:magicpar:

happy for you that One Piece is at the endgame now! meanwhile.. my detective conan :Headingout:

And HunterxHunter :sejeongcry:

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭795,259
I already accepted my fate as public's enemy when i declared that :pepesanta: Funny because it was actually the gateway anime that got me into watching anime again when i was a new and impressionable baby weeb :BoredPar: i still thought the beginning up to the Mugen Train arc was decent. Everything after that was a drag to get thru. If the whole thing were wrapped up in under 30 episodes it would've been better instead of milking such simple storyline over season after season. Or if they wanted to keep the length, at least spend more time on actual character developments and fine-tuning the power systems instead. Not another season of Tanjiro being beaten up half-dead for the 12345th time :knifepaimon:

Having watched only 1% of the anime i dont think i can give a fair verdict on OP either way. I'm sure it's a lot more intricate than it looks but im just not vibing with it so far. Maybe one day...:magicpar:

no hope for HxH :sejeongcry:

p9iYtvU.jpg

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭447,750

i love demon slayer, but tbh, i can understand why someone would think it is overrated. swordsmith village arc, for example, was incredibly frustrating to get through and highlighted its biggest faults to me, which i had been willing to overlook at times in previous seasons due to enjoying enough other aspects of it. :TeaPar:

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭776,051
@Chomiczewska i remember you like Cowboy Bebop. Maybe you wanna check out Samuri Champloo :TipPar:it's written by the same person and has the episodic style :poggers:

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭26,282,349
@Chomiczewska i remember you like Cowboy Bebop. Maybe you wanna check out Samuri Champloo :TipPar:it's written by the same person and has the episodic style :poggers:
I know about it, Polaris've seen it, but tbh I found Cowboy Bebop anime to be just alright. Like, I've don't feel like I wasted my time watching it and it has some really good moment, but it's the movie that really makes me like the series, it's 10/10, I love it so much:happymagi: So I'm not sure how I'd like this

Also, girl, I'm gonna be honest, I struggle so much to watch anything that isn't on youtube, like last year January I had a grand plan to watch all ghibli movies and I've seen 4 ... Last one was a year ago :teehee: But watching a 40h playthrough of Red Dead Redemption 2? No problem what so ever asdfghj

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭776,051
I know about it, Polaris've seen it, but tbh I found Cowboy Bebop anime to be just alright. Like, I've don't feel like I wasted my time watching it and it has some really good moment, but it's the movie that really makes me like the series, it's 10/10, I love it so much:happymagi: So I'm not sure how I'd like this

Also, girl, I'm gonna be honest, I struggle so much to watch anything that isn't on youtube, like last year January I had a grand plan to watch all ghibli movies and I've seen 4 ... Last one was a year ago :teehee: But watching a 40h playthrough of Red Dead Redemption 2? No problem what so ever asdfghj

Ahhh, i see. Tbh, i thought Cowboy Bebop was just alright too and the whole time watching it i was like, "wth does Chomie like it so much" ahdjdjk I liked Samurai Champloo better, but now hearing that you only liked the Cowboy movie then nvm about my recommendation :yooheadache:

I would pretend to be surprised but im not :JudgyDubu: Even your fake weeb license should be revoked at this point.

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early SupportersTop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,139,350
So I was on amiami today to pay for a cute tea set that I got for my mom for ha birthday and saw him on the main page
instant pre-order and I'm not even a regular Fate enjoyer outside of the Apocrypha series sjkskkljk
View attachment 3976

Woah this look really nice

Top Bottom