🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin

I donno. Considering the quality of the picture, I'm not sure if we can say definitively that those are new pendants we are seeing. The lighting, the angle of the pendant, etc. could make it seem like something is there when it's not, especially with the highlights being as over-exposed it is. Plus, they are still standing in order of their Tokyo camp ranking, so even if they have received any of the new "diamond" inserts, it can't be more than 1 since it seems so early into their assessment.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
I donno. Considering the quality of the picture, I'm not sure if we can say definitively that those are new pendants we are seeing. The lighting, the angle of the pendant, etc. could make it seem like something is there when it's not, especially with the highlights being as over-exposed it is. Plus, they are still standing in order of their Tokyo camp ranking, so even if they have received any of the new "diamond" inserts, it can't be more than 1 since it seems so early into their assessment.

im curious about the format of the evaluations if it’s true they only went to SK starting in dec. they haven’t completed their 6 months. is this more like the regular monthly jyp evals but with some pendant theatrics thrown in?

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
im curious about the format of the evaluations if it’s true they only went to SK starting in dec. they haven’t completed their 6 months. is this more like the regular monthly jyp evals but with some pendant theatrics thrown in?
I wonder too. I don't think JYP & staff will change up the trainee evaluation process too much - it's worked for him and the company all this while, and it's a system they are already familiar with. I'm also not sure about the story regarding the trainees only starting their training in Dec. Considering that JYPE trainees spend years training before the company is willing to debut them, wasting 3 months of training time doesn't make sense. Since the skill levels were so varied, I thought it would make more sense to have the Part 2 girls focus on leveling up their training for 6 months before having to go through evaluations - otherwise, he's still going to have to pick girls based on "potential".

200417 Nizikake Show

LOL. I guess he really learned from the drama following the +2 saves he made on Sixteen.

Edit: looks like all the videos got taken down

Last edited:

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
Another Sukkiri spotlight on Nizi Project coming up around 9:15 AM in Japan.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
I wonder too. I don't think JYP & staff will change up the trainee evaluation process too much - it's worked for him and the company all this while, and it's a system they are already familiar with. I'm also not sure about the story regarding the trainees only starting their training in Dec. Considering that JYPE trainees spend years training before the company is willing to debut them, wasting 3 months of training time doesn't make sense. Since the skill levels were so varied, I thought it would make more sense to have the Part 2 girls \focus on leveling up their training for 6 months before having to go through evaluations - otherwise, he's still going to have to pick girls based on "potential".

LOL. I guess he really learned from the drama following the +2 saves he made on Sixteen.

Edit: looks like all the videos got taken down

You're not really missing anything. The only thing that came out of it was no set # of members in the debut group and a few clips of solo evals. Basically Miihi blowing JYP's mind again.

Last edited:

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

200417 Sukkiri

- Suzu explains why she backed out
- Has clips of arriving in korea, jype tour, dorm tour

Last edited:

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
I do appreciate that two-strike policy for elimination. That way, a contestant is eliminated for consistently ranking low, as opposed to having a bad day / bad performance / nerves, etc. So, the path to no elimination is for different people to rank last during the appraisals (possible 4, based on the new pendant design). Of course, just because they don't get eliminated doesn't mean they'll get selected for the final group either. Sounds like the typical struggle of a JYPE trainee.

While I respect Suzu's decision to drop out due to her not being certain about her goals or feeling worried about competing with everyone, I feel bad for the person ranked #15 at the Japan camp, whoever she is. I am also appreciating more the fact that the Japan camp final results were announced from the top down. Less dramatic for sure, but it made for a gentler send-off for those who didn't make the cut.

mengxiang

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭45,650
At first i really thought that this seven look really safe and confirm to debut, mako,mihi,rima,nina,ayaka,maya and yuna but after jyp see rio glow up like a phoniex i feel like yuna not in a safe spot,there 1 more contestants that really got jyp soft spot which is momoka.

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
I'm glad there's no set number for this group and JYP's logic is if your good you will have a spot.

The only thing is, on one hand, I really want ot13 to debut because of this now but at the same time, a big group can have its problems such as favoritism, line distribution, etc.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
I'm glad there's no set number for this group and JYP's logic is if your good you will have a spot.

The only thing is, on one hand, I really want ot13 to debut because of this now but at the same time, a big group can have its problems such as favoritism, line distribution, etc.

even smaller groups can have those problems you described. also there are more mouths to feed and in those large 10+ groups some members will be completely overshadowed. i think it's really tough. for making music i don't think you really need that many members. if you have too many, you start taking lines away from the best singers and that ends up lowering the quality of the song imo. on the other hand if you give all the lines to the best singer(s) than there will be discontent amongst the fandom like what has gone on with everglow mia.

having more members seems more fun for reality/variety shows though. people are going to really get connected emotionally to ot13 after s2. i wonder if they are going to purposely give less time to some again so we won't get as attached.

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
even smaller groups can have those problems you described. also there are more mouths to feed and in those large 10+ groups some members will be completely overshadowed. i think it's really tough. for making music i don't think you really need that many members. if you have too many, you start taking lines away from the best singers and that ends up lowering the quality of the song imo. on the other hand if you give all the lines to the best singer(s) than there will be discontent amongst the fandom like what has gone on with everglow mia.

having more members seems more fun for reality/variety shows though. people are going to really get connected emotionally to ot13 after s2. i wonder if they are going to purposely give less time to some again so we won't get as attached.

I think ot13 will debut and JYPE will give screentime to everyone on the show but I can see JYP eliminating someone if they do bad in several of the challenges and it will be justified.

I know people are in love with the 13 members but at the same time I'd rather they get eliminated than put into the group and not get pushed or serve as a purpose just for the sake of saying ot13 is debuting.

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
That kind of editing makes sense for S1, since it was the first elimination phase, and JYPE hadn't invested time and money into training the candidates. Following the drama over Akari, JYPE responded by referring to the thirteen girls as JYPE trainees, so they aren't being treated as just survival show contestants. Plus, they may save eliminated contestants based on public opinion as they did in Sixteen, or retain them in their trainee program, so telling the full story makes more sense. The only circumstance I can see them cutting screen time is if, god forbid, a trainee gets kicked out for misconduct, which hopefully did not / will not happen.

I know people are in love with the 13 members but at the same time I'd rather they get eliminated than put into the group and not get pushed or serve as a purpose just for the sake of saying ot13 is debuting.
I agree. I'd rather reserve judgment and wait to see their progress in S2 before deciding whether they earned a place in the final group or not. Deciding a group based on some admittedly very raw skills in S1 doesn't make sense.

As an aside, I do wonder what the other JYPE trainees are feeling, seeing this new group of "trainees" being fast-tracked into debuting.

Top Bottom