🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

Melbo

ohisama Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,400
Congrats to the girls
They reached the gold certification in digital single (100,000 downloads) and streaming (50,000,000 streams)

Oricon Weekly digital single chart

Make you happy 7,656 downloads

Total:
107,305 downloads

oricon Weekly Streaming chart

Make you happy
3,607,372 streams

Total: 51,848,987 streams

Oricon weekly digital album chart

Make you happy 1,263 downloads

Total: 104,005 downloads

Last edited:

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Sorry had something weird in my response that was a leftover it seems.
I think they will do ok and the backlash won't be that bad. Their MV is still trending in Korea and has been the entire time since the MV came out. The Japanese version too not the Korean one. It's at #49 for most viewed video in SK last week. Now that doesn't mean that much as it's the only way SK can stream as it's not on Melon etc... but it does indicate it is still in their minds.

Sigh...was hoping it was more the case of a small group of antis being extremely vocal. Been staying away from DCInside to avoid this issue in particular - thankfully, things haven't gotten out of hand on YT. The only comparable group that I can reference would be PD48/IZONE, and the backlash they endured with having 48 group members taking part did die down a little bit after debut. I guess being active and busy with fans actively supporting will help to drown out much of the negativity. Still...SK-JP relations are at its low point, and NiziU being 100% Japanese means that there are no Koreans to deflect some of the animosity. Hopefully JYPE/Sony will be able to tread this course carefully to avoid being ensnared in geopolitics (if that is even possible in the current environment).

@xonoxon That second comment on the article looks familiar... :yoosmile:

eyes are definitely going to be on them when the times comes for them to have some korean activities. just being a jype group and then an all japanese group performing on korean programs. people will tune in (even those that just want to hate on them). we'll see how jype navigates things. i wonder if they'll send out some of the better korean speaking members to variety shows like the way sana, tzuyu worked the circuit in twice's early days. show off some of that charm and help put people at ease.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
It looks like some eagle eyed people have spotted some of the NiziU girls in Stray Kids new MV teaser at around the 25 second mark. Left side in white hoodies on the dance floor behind the SKZ is Riku and Rima and Ayaka on the right hand side. You only get very brief glimpses so you need to have the player on slow.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
It looks like some eagle eyed people have spotted some of the NiziU girls in Stray Kids new MV teaser at around the 25 second mark. Left side in white hoodies on the dance floor behind the SKZ is Riku and Rima and Ayaka on the right hand side. You only get very brief glimpses so you need to have the player on slow.

I suspect there are more of them there than can be seen in the teaser.

lxf2xkjyn5m51.jpg

Melbo

ohisama Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,400
X

xonoxon

about NiziU popularity in Japan based on LINE Survey

Last edited by a moderator:

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

It's interesting that they did the greeting to Thai fans in Thai & Korean. I take it that since kpop is what has undergone global expansion (and is more widely embraced internationally) vs jpop, NiziU when they eventually perform outside of Japan will be using kpop angle as their platform. I suppose they'll sing a mix of Japanese and Korean songs when they eventually release songs in the latter language.

Top Bottom