OTHER Corner Candy Shop

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭110,650
I was checking my insta feed, and remembered this:

This girl is beautiful right? She is actually a hyperrealistic 3D model.

Her realism is so baffling, she actually often poses with real models.
She is so realistic, her fame has sparked a debate over digital models replacing real ones. She has even been featured on the pages of major brands, such as Fenty beauty.

Cameron James Wilson comments on her creation, as well as how she went viral.

Inch-resting :wherearethelies:

The idea of them replacing actual models makes sense in a lot of ways, and others maybe not so much. tbh tho, most photos that make magazines will be so heavily edited they may as well be computer generated to begin with.

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I was checking my insta feed, and remembered this:

This girl is beautiful right? She is actually a hyperrealistic 3D model.

Her realism is so baffling, she actually often poses with real models.
She is so realistic, her fame has sparked a debate over digital models replacing real ones. She has even been featured on the pages of major brands, such as Fenty beauty.

Cameron James Wilson comments on her creation, as well as how she went viral.

The pics weren't loading for me earlier so I thought this was going to be about Miquela

Technology and graphic design are insane these days, like I remember how many people were debating if she was real or not and giving her more views and traction. This really is the future of marketing!

moue

⥀⥀⥀
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭313,917
Photobook #1
For this challenge, users were told to create an artbook from the pieces they have created in CCS so far. @AKID❀KI and @Baymax were the two users who spent their time creating beautiful books, with immaculate descriptions. Since only 2 submitted, and the judging was taking a bit of time, I've decided to simply leave them comments for their books.

Baymax
Pandora’s Box

unknown.png

PHOTOBOOK EXPLANATION:​

“PANDORA’S BOX” is the first photobook by Baymax, featuring a small collection of work and tiny glimpses of what brings inspiration.

While Pandora’s box usually has negative connotations attached to it, here, it tries to act as the opposite. Opening this particular Pandora’s box of Baymax’s will hopefully unleash the hidden potential, as well as opening up and sharing more about herself through this creative journey with the Corner Candy Shop.

REFLECTION:​

It has been a little over a month since I decided to join Corner Candy Shop after feeling anxious to do so, but I have no regrets at all. Each day I’ve been gaining more confidence to get involved, and I’ve found myself slowly getting back that spark to be creative.

I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with graphic design but these days it’s more love; I think with the work that I have shown and produced, it reflects that. Focusing on the things I like and making something out from it is what makes me enjoy it most.

Collaborating and just generally chatting to the other candy makers has made this thoroughly more fun and inspiring for me, and I have never felt more encouraged to improve my skills.

Thank you, candy makers, for everything so far!

Comments:
Softest​
I think this book was put together very well. I love the slots of text on the first too pages, as well as the last. I think it gives it a much more intimate feeling, as if you are talking to the reader in a familiar way. Your illustrations are absolutely beautiful, and I love the tweaks you put on your previous works. I also love the new work you submitted! I think the text on the explanations could have been very slightly larger, as there is no spacing between them, and it is a tiny bit hard to read.
Lurkette​
I really like the layout of this book; it feels like I’m getting some insight into your projects in a way that’s clean and easy to look at. I like all the font choices and the decision to keep some uniformity throughout each page to create a neater viewing experience. Some of the pieces I’m not as wowed by, and the text edits on the front cover look uneven, which is a little jarring, but I love the concept of taking everything you’ve created and turning it into a narrative of your own personal development.

Akidoki
Aki's Book of Courage

unknown.png

Reflection/Explanation:
So here is my photobook. It contains the pieces i made for ccs from the beginning. Tbh i was so new to making gfx, i only learnt the basics last year and had a tendency to stick to what i knew. However being in ccs taught me to try new things and not be afraid of learning. I used to fear failure. I user to fear making gfx that looks so basic and ugly when compared to others. This fear held me back from actually learning properly about gfx and new techniques. However being in CCS with my friends helped me become comfortable and more willing to try out new things. From task 1 to task 4, i see a huge improvement in how i made gfx. When i first started out cutting out trees from a picture seemed like an impossible task but for task 4 i did it. The split head technique i would never have been able to do it on my own but i did it for task 3. Duotone is something that always looked so complicated to me but now i do it with ease. I learnt how to double exposure just for task 4.
And the thing is i didn't just learn by myself. Everyone in ccs helped me to achieve this and improve so much. From their advice to their support, everything gave me the courage necessary to try things i have never tried before.Who cares if i fail? Who cares if the gfx doesn't look professional enough. What matters is i now have the courage to learn. And just learning will help make me improve and become better at making gfx.

Comments:
Softest​
I could die for the cover, truly! I love the last page where you have the tutorial on how you made the cover. I would cherish a book like that! You made it feel like an exploration, as well as informational. Your newest piece is gorgeous, and I absolutely love seeing your growth in every single piece. For the explanations, the text is tad bit crowded, and I'm don't think black was your best choice here, as it makes the book seem more dense. I think I would have loved to see the beautiful beige from your cover more, as it looks stunning on the second page.
Lurkette​
I like the idea behind this book, especially the cover art, and it’s well-organized. I like having the color palette at the bottom of each page as a fun reference, and it’s clear from the text you care about each piece a lot. I think you could improve on some of the font and font color choices: the opening page font is a little wonky, where the capital letters stand out much more than I think you want them to, and on some pages it’s difficult to read part of the text because they don’t stand out against the black background. Watch out for typos, too, as they can be distracting. I also think it could have been a neat challenge to format each page the same size so that I could imagine how it would have looked turning the pages through a real book. I do really like the last page’s diagram for how the art was constructed. I would have enjoyed a whole book like that, honestly, because it’s so neat to see your process.
softest_bun
ANTITHESIS
unknown.png

Reflection:​

Honestly, I have been feeling like I have hit a plateau with graphics lately. I have been mostly illustrating and creating small sets. However, during the process of making this book, I became pretty well acquainted with my weaknesses. During Spooky Squad, I realized my technique was actually lacking by quite a bit, so I tried to improve as much as I could with Azimuth. While I do see improvement, I also want to be able to make even cleaner images. I have definitely learned to focus more on photo editing for the time being.

Comments:
Lurkette​
The layout leaves me wanting a bit more. There are some alignment issues with the index, the page numbers don’t have a cohesive format, and it’s more difficult to process the art because I have to keep referring back to the index to learn more about the concept. The art itself is really fun and cute, although the cover and rear cover pieces don’t make quite as much sense. In general, I’m just not really sure what the overarching concept was or how it related to the theme of “antithesis.”

Conclusion

I want to thank these two for putting in so much work for their projects! I know both were incredibly busy while working on theirs, so I want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. Thank you to all of the CCS members who make this club awesome and fun. I hope everyone can participate in the next large project!

Both Aki and Bay put a lot of work into their books, and for that, I will be giving them both the prize of 100k coins!

Be sure to comment on their photobooks!

Last edited:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,650
:wow: @AKID❀KI , I know I've probably said this to you somewhere but I really love seeing your development and the way you titled your photobook "Aki's Book of Courage" really shows the journey you've been through with gfx! Despite being incredibly busy with events as well as being busy with irl things and not feeling too well at one point, you always give it your all. ♡

@softest_bun I'm still in love with the book cover you and Ren did for topic 3 and your new piece is so pretty! I always look forward to the things you do after knowing that you are the person who created the Plus Pals and you never fail to make me feel inspired. Thank you for always being so supportive to us all and helping us when we are in need :heartublob:

MicrowavedTea

10vely Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭236,462
I enjoy everyone's PB
If i was the customer, i will buy Baymax one since it fits my aesthetics and the words she wrote
But TBH, llama aesthetics is what i actually enjoy the most, only if she put more description for each work then i for sure would grab her book then go
Aki PB is also good but the fonts are really not my taste (SORRY!)

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
:wow: @AKID❀KI , I know I've probably said this to you somewhere but I really love seeing your development and the way you titled your photobook "Aki's Book of Courage" really shows the journey you've been through with gfx! Despite being incredibly busy with events as well as being busy with irl things and not feeling too well at one point, you always give it your all. ♡

@softest_bun I'm still in love with the book cover you and Ren did for topic 3 and your new piece is so pretty! I always look forward to the things you do after knowing that you are the person who created the Plus Pals and you never fail to make me feel inspired. Thank you for always being so supportive to us all and helping us when we are in need :heartublob:
You angel. I loved your photo book. So minimalistic and sleek. Plus frankly I think you are so talented and hardworking and that shows in your photo book. I love how you gave little touches of the task images in the overall page. It is so creative and I love it. :heartublob:
I enjoy everyone's PB
If i was the customer, i will buy Baymax one since it fits my aesthetics and the words she wrote
But TBH, llama aesthetics is what i actually enjoy the most, only if she put more description for each work then i for sure would grab her book then go
Aki PB is also good but the fonts are really not my taste (SORRY!)
Lol that's alright. No need to say sorry. :bakacat:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,650
I made these for fun since you guys inspire me to
Ignore any wrong in grammar i may make juiceyo
iLHFIW2.png

cV1kFbA.png

KzAoa5I.png

I'm like 84 years late to comment on this but I love this :wow: and idk if it's you or someone else (I remember reading this somewhere ajsdhfaf), but for someone who only started using PS earlier this year, it looks like you've been using it for years!

moue

⥀⥀⥀
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭313,917
Batch 1:

To: @BlueNose
Bluwuwu, a cutie who's GFX journey is just beginning! I look forward to watching you improve and anticipate future artistic slayage. Hope you have a fabulous Christmas, love Seri <3

To: @AKID❀KI
Aki boo! Talented supportive queen and one of my bestest buds. Thank you for always encouraging me to continue my floppage lol. Teach me your aesthetic ways senpai.
Hope you have a lovely chill december and all the best for the new year.
Love Seri bro

To: @joo
Joo-boo, possibly the CCS member who's style i like the most. I always look forward to seeing what you come up with and aspire to get on your OP level kek. Hope you have a great Christmas sis, keep slaying.
Seri <3

To: @Baymax
The other pair of the demolition team! Thank you so much for always putting an insane amount of effort into this team. You’ve made so many beautiful things, and I cannot wait to see more from you (especially illustrations!) I think you’re an amazing person, and you have such a positive outlook and I love you for it. Thanks so much Bay!​

Top Bottom