The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Since I'm just listening to the album right now I might as well update the thread a bit.

Momoclo (Reni, Shiori and A-rin) will be Olympic torch runners for Kanagawa prefecture

No news for Kanako, but Shizuoka hasn't announced their runners yet.
Momoclo will also be performing at Japan Jam in May 2020.

Ah and I'll post this Momokuro-chan clip

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Someone uploaded Momoclo's full perf from last month's festival in Namie.

Edit: I think this is the first time I've seen a live perf of the Diamond Four (I might have seen one as part of a digest, but not the full version). It's interesting to see how the choreo turned out. I also thought the second verse and chorus sounded better than the first. It's a tough song with weird time signatures and fast rapping, so it probably took them a little time to get in their comfort zone. Stay Gold is such a great addition to their lives. It's such a haunting and powerful song.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Ebichu held a two-day concert at the Makuhari Messe and it was announced that they'll be having their first-ever stage play next year!

Concert:

Stage news:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
"First ever stage play next year!"

Ebichu are always one year behind Momoclo, lol.

They uploaded these short "dance shot" videos from Stay Gold for all 4 members. Might be time to make some more gifs!

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Just a small update. The Best of 2019 list is pretty much done. I'll post it on my blog first as a preview and then make a thread for it early New Year's day.

One minor Stardust update since I came across this while finishing the list. Amefurasshi have new costumes.

Even though it's late, here's a couple selections for the season.

I definitely need to do a retrospective on Momoclo's Xmas concerts at some point.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
It's a bit late, but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

There's been some news, lots of Christmas-y photos and obviously Momokuri 2019 to report on where several other Stardust acts appeared as well.

But for now I'll just say that Reni got her driver's license and released a new song to celebrate it, called "Everyday, Reni-chan". As far as I know it'll be used for her Suzuki solo CM. I haven't been able to check it yet but it should be available on streaming services.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Everyday Reni-chan audio!

Some SNS:
Doing a tiktok-like video w/ Yuko Araki

Reni IG updates

Shiori IG

Kanako IG story

Christmas shot w/ Yuko and Akihiro Kakuta from Tokyo03

More

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
A highlight of the concerts was Kanako declaring her goal of one day performing at the new national stadium

It's going to be very difficult, with Momoclo's fandom being smaller these days and the new Kokuritsu being bigger than the old one but it's good to see them aim for it! It'd be great if this meant more promotions, too. A lot of things will need to happen, but it would be great.

Kanako also actually updated her blog about it

English translation

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
A belated Merry Christmas to you too, abra!!! :christmasblob:

Wow, Reni's really churning out these songs. I think she has more material than Arin.

Yeah, it's nice to hear that Kanako still has ambitions. It's a reminder that Momoclo haven't become complacent and still want to challenge themselves.

I realized I haven't posted anything on my blog all month, so I wanted to get something in before the new year. I finished translating the first part of an Ebichu interview that I started back in Nov. I was looking for random Ebichu pics and an interesting one popped up. After checking out the source, I discovered I already had it saved to my favorites folder, lol. Seemed like a good time to translate another interview! What's different about this one is that it's for the "Alien" drama Ebichu made last year. It's a nice change of pace from the usual one where they talk about a new single or album. They talk about the acting process and their characters. It's a pretty good read!

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Some articles with photos from Momokuri

The collaboration songs for AYAKARNIVAL have been revealed:

=LOVE & A-rin - Seifuki Christmas
EMPIRE & A-rin - MAD LOVE
Coming Flavour & A-rin - Aozora Kataomoi
Everyone - Link Link

Good songs!

A belated Merry Christmas to you too, abra!!! :christmasblob:

Wow, Reni's really churning out these songs. I think she has more material than Arin.

Yeah, it's nice to hear that Kanako still has ambitions. It's a reminder that Momoclo haven't become complacent and still want to challenge themselves.

I realized I haven't posted anything on my blog all month, so I wanted to get something in before the new year. I finished translating the first part of an Ebichu interview that I started back in Nov. I was looking for random Ebichu pics and an interesting one popped up. After checking out the source, I discovered I already had it saved to my favorites folder, lol. Seemed like a good time to translate another interview! What's different about this one is that it's for the "Alien" drama Ebichu made last year. It's a nice change of pace from the usual one where they talk about a new single or album. They talk about the acting process and their characters. It's a pretty good read!
My favourite part of the interview:

It was close to all of us. In the beginning, I heard that the character Kaho-chan played was going to be a cool role. It was someone similar to me, so I was really excited to see a new Kaho-chan.

Mirei: It was a big change, wasn't it?

Rika: The best change was in her intelligence (laughs). There weren't many scenes likes that, but she felt smarter than the real Kaho-chan.

🤣
-------------------------------
Yeah, I also think she has more songs than A-rin by now. I've made a list of her songs in the Reni thread, and by my count she's now at 10 solo songs. I haven't done the same for A-rin, but from the top of my head: Datte A-rin nandamon, A-rin wa A-rin, Rebellious Period, My Cherry Pie, My Hamburger Boy, Early Summer, BGB and Memories Stories make 8 songs in total, not counting covers like Cutie Honey.

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Ebichu released a live version of "Jump". It's a really powerful song!

In other Ebichu news, Hinata was featured in Nylon. The focus is on eyebrows. It's weird seeing her wearing a wig after the extreme hair cut.

A few pics from the site.

01.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

And here's the thumbnail for Momoclo's Uta Gassen stream which I thought was pretty cute.

momoiroutagassen.jpg

The article goes over the setlist for the event.

Some articles with photos from Momokuri

The collaboration songs for AYAKARNIVAL have been revealed:

=LOVE & A-rin - Seifuki Christmas
EMPIRE & A-rin - MAD LOVE
Coming Flavour & A-rin - Aozora Kataomoi
Everyone - Link Link

Good songs!

My favourite part of the interview:

🤣
-------------------------------
Yeah, I also think she has more songs than A-rin by now. I've made a list of her songs in the Reni thread, and by my count she's now at 10 solo songs. I haven't done the same for A-rin, but from the top of my head: Datte A-rin nandamon, A-rin wa A-rin, Rebellious Period, My Cherry Pie, My Hamburger Boy, Early Summer, BGB and Memories Stories make 8 songs in total, not counting covers like Cutie Honey.

I'm looking forward to the collabs Arin does with her guests!

I'd love it if Reni released an album of all her solo songs. It would be nice to have them all on one disc.

When I first translated that section about Kaho's character, I didn't quite get it. I thought Rika was talking about herself, but it didn't make sense. Once I figured out she was talking about Kaho, I realized how hilarious it was, lol.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
A good picture of Kiyoi Saki from Taco

Article on Entame next, I believe about an article in Overture magazine? In either case I really like the photo

Also ahead of Ayakarnival, here are a couple of photos with Equal Love members

Reni and Kanako were also at this annual new year's thing where they make mochi or something

Ebichu released a live version of "Jump". It's a really powerful song!

In other Ebichu news, Hinata was featured in Nylon. The focus is on eyebrows. It's weird seeing her wearing a wig after the extreme hair cut.

A few pics from the site.

01.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

And here's the thumbnail for Momoclo's Uta Gassen stream which I thought was pretty cute.

momoiroutagassen.jpg

The article goes over the setlist for the event.

I'm looking forward to the collabs Arin does with her guests!

I'd love it if Reni released an album of all her solo songs. It would be nice to have them all on one disc.

When I first translated that section about Kaho's character, I didn't quite get it. I thought Rika was talking about herself, but it didn't make sense. Once I figured out she was talking about Kaho, I realized how hilarious it was, lol.

Well those are some pretty eye-catching brows :ohmygod:
I'll make sure to check out the performance!
Since Marugoto will be a 3-day event next year, it would make sense to release an album in conjunction with it but in that case she probably wouldn't have released Everyday Reni-chan now. It would've made more sense to have it as a new song in the album. Makes me wonder what Momoclo will do next year... a new single between March and June? Maybe earlier if they announce it during Utagassen or early next year. I doubt they'll release anything during the Olympics. I guess we might see a lot of Stardust releases during the first half of next year... I'll make sure to prepare a new SDP releases thread!

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Ayakarnival was broadcast live so there are a lot of clips available on twitter :cool:

A-rin's setlist:

A-rinture.
Datte A-rin nandamon: 1, 2. (slightly interrupted at the beginning so there might be better videos around)
Bunny Gone Bad: 1, 2.
Moon Revenge: 1, 2. (!!)
MC
Memories, Stories: 1, 2.
A-rin wa A-rin
A-rin wa Hankoki
MC
Koyoi, raibu no shita de: 1, 2.

Digest.

Couldn't find videos for the other performances yet.

------------------------------------------

There should also be videos of the other groups' performances around but I didn't find them on that account.

Group pictures

Here's also a short video of A-rin commenting on the audience having penlight colours she doesn't see much anymore

LinkLink: 1, 2.
-------------------------------------
There are also a lot of stuff I want to post but for now I'll just mention them!

Concerts and announcements from sister groups, most notably Iginari Tohoku San who will release their first album and hold a tour!

Ebichu and Sakura Ebis dominated some sort of voted idol award, the same that they dominated last year. At first glance the award list seemed to have more or less the same acts as last year.

SUZUKI's first sale is starting so there are clips and pictures of Momoclo members.

Last and maybe or maybe not least there are new Momoclo pictures from Hustle Press! A-rin's are my favourite but there's also a great photo for Kanako that I don't think I've seen before and a pretty good one for Reni.

Oh yeah and recently there's a couple of photos of Kawakami with Arai Manami from UUG (Kari) preparing for Uta Gassen (on their respective twitters).

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Here's Part 1 of the Best of Stardust Planet 2019! I thought it would be a good idea to split it up into two parts since my blog is so primitive. When I create the version here, I'll put them all in one thread for convenience.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Utagassen finished!
Short thoughts: I sadly missed Ebichu, Cruel Angel's thesis and UUG (kari) at the beginning but there were still lots of fun performances. Just like last year it was chaotic in parts, with skits and variety segments that I couldn't really understand (especially since the stream was laggy). Some of the older acts weren't that interesting to me so I took some breaks towards the end. But I really liked C&K, Tacoyaki Rainbow, Flower Flower and TM Revolution. I'll make sure to check out their song later. Creepy Nuts was also good. There was also a medley that was great. I hope we get some high quality videos!

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Here's Part 2 of the Best of Stardust Planet 2019! I could have wrote a little more about some of the releases. I might elaborate a bit when I post the thread here. For something this massive, it's nice to have a preliminary run before the real thing (^.^)

Momoiro Uta Gassen is live now :wow:

Of course I was asleep, lol. I'll have to check around for a full upload of the stream. How long was it in total?

Top Bottom