🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Well, I have to admit that I thought Ayaka's dancing was quite crisp in what little footage we got to see. But not enough there to see her vocal progress, though. Also, Ayaka is the only one with two selfies / non-profile photos up on their official twitter at the moment. :catpopcorn:

Seems like everyone leveled up in next 30-day training period - perhaps they also got over their first performance nerves, as everyone seem to be performing with better, more confident expressions. I'm looking forward to seeing how much they progressed.

After the group eval, I hope they spend an episode for some behind the scenes stuff. I want to learn more about their personalities. Stressful mission to stressful missions is too much. At least they get to go (are forced to go) to the JYP No 1 x 50 concert.

Episode 3 Preview - Group evals and attending JYP concert

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
After the group eval, I hope they spend an episode for some behind the scenes stuff. I want to learn more about their personalities. Stressful mission to stressful missions is too much. At least they get to go (are forced to go) to the JYP No 1 x 50 concert.
I agree. In SIXTEEN they had some outings were they did fun and games. Sana with the clumsiness at balancing games, Chaeryeong the water monster, ... list goes on. That was good stuff and a nice break for team building.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin

Episode 3 Preview - Group evals and attending JYP concert

Hope so. Would be nice to have something to balance that dark, tense studio. At least Sixteen had more non-studio/stage time, like the photo shoots or when the girls went out onto the streets to promote their live showcase. But I don't think we'll get that with Nizi. First, they're certainly not going to be promoting on the streets of Seoul. Second, COVID19 surge was happening around then (Feb), so I don't think they would have gone anywhere other than the JYPE building or the studio for the performance reviews. That pretty much leaves the dorm and rehearsal room antics for bts stuff. The JYP concert was back in late December, which would have been pretty close to when they first arrived in Seoul.

Hope to see Twice and/or other JYP groups dropping by to give advice and encouragement to the trainees, especially Mina since she didn't get to being a judge at the Tokyo Camp.

Last edited:

cutiepop

sub to meh plez
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭33,800
I really want
  1. Mako
  2. Miihi
  3. Rima
  4. Riku
  5. Rio
  6. maya
to debut

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Week two for the love vote on the official web page. Note this is week two only not combined week 1 and 2.

NameAvg5/15/25/35/45/55/65/7
Miihi1.711121124
Nina2.867212341
Rima3.142343235
Mako3.143534412
Ayaka4.864455556
Maya65666667
Riku76777778
Yuna8.438889899
Rio8.8699989810
Akari9.571111111110103
Mayuka10.410101010111111
Riria12.112121212131212
Momoka12.913131313121313

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I'm not surprised by the ranking although if it was me I might of switched some members around I understand the thought process. I think Akari coming last was arguably a favor to Akari by JYP: lighting a fire underneath her and giving her a underdog storyline, when Momoka's probably the one who had the most lackluster performance objectively speaking.

Yay groups evals! I'm excited to see the girls work together and put on a more full performance. Based on the season preview with Nina, Riria, Rio, and Rima practicing Icy this is just the the first of multiple.

Swing Baby Team: Nothing much to say I think overall they'll kill it. Although I am a bit worried about Rio feeling intimidated by the other 2 and fading into the background like she did in training camp. I also would like to see Mako show more sides to herself in the future as we already know she can pull of masculine songs very well but the group will most likely not have that concept.

Veryx3 Team: Again they'll do very well. I can definitely see the argument that the song choice is going easy on Ayaka (I can already hear her doing Sohee's part) but at least we've seen her do Again and Again. Miihi's done nothing but cute songs or ballads since training camp, like I get she's cute and the group is gonna be but she's starting look like a one-trick-pony at this point and I know she's more versatile than that I hope next evaluation they give her something wild like Hellevator... Looking forward to Rima stepping out of her girl crush comfort zone.

DTNA Team: This team is 50% people without cubes and even those with them have something to prove; Nina that she can dance/express the right emotions and Mayuka that she's not an amateur. However, I think this team can all really shine if they practice hard and the parts are distributed well and it's not like Dalla Dalla where Nina got the main vocal as well as the main killing part. I think Riria's jpop-ish voice would really suit Momo's iconic waa~ line and Mayuka would do well on Dahyun's sing-rap + Nina and Akari as main and lead vocals respectively I think they'll do well.

Heart Shaker Team: This is the team I'm most worried about tbh with Riku being the only one with a cube and the other two having very similar abilities and weaknesses. In order to pull it off I think both Yuna and Momoka will both have to do better than they ever have on the show, otherwise it'll just be Riku hard-carrying which will be tough to watch.

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Dance the Night Away.
A bit of a more energetic dance from Twice's normal line up though not heavy on precision formations. The singing and dancing part will be hard on Riria, Mayuka and Akari. Dancing wise this will be hard on Riria, Akari, and Nina. Has a BIG high note toward the end of the song so expect Nina to go all in here. If you think you've heard a powerfull high note from her before I'm expecting (okay hoping) it to be glass shattering in this song.

Heartshaker
This song is mainly about looking cute. Dancing isn't that heavy an item for this but acting cute is as well as subtle movements and formations. Voice is a bit high pitch and only one I can think of doing that is Riku. And while the pitch is high there is no huge power note but not sure how Yuna and Momoka will handle the high pitches. Esp Momoka. Yuna seemed like she did slightly better when doing falsetto's but we will see. Looking cute I think they could do a good job on this.

Very Very Very.
This is a good variety song and has plenty for everybody song wise. Dance wise it is formation heavy but actual dance fairly light. BUT since there are only 3 girls in the performance formations aren't going to be too difficult so I think Ayaka who is the weakest link dancing and singing wise should be fine. Song also has a nice RAP in it so I expect Rima to shine for this. All they really have to show a good fun attitude and I think they will be set. With the girls they have for this song I expect this to be one of the easier and better sets of the 4.

Swing Baby.
This is a very dance heavy song which this team is VERY well suited for. They got the 2 heavy hitting dancers Maku and Rio with Maya is doing pretty good as well. I think this performance will be great and the one I think will shine the most. Singing wise there are no heavy voices but alot of singing while dancing which may be a problem esp for Rio. I think this might be the highlight performance. The only issue might be with the fact it is a western style SWING song. This is hard to do in a culture that really didn't have swing and at a time when swing type of musical rhythms aren't that widely seen even in the west.

In order of difficulty for the various teams I expect
DTNA to be the hardest for the team followed closely by Hearshaker, then a big gap to Very Very Very, followed closely by Swing Baby. This is in terms of the team chosen and their strengths and weaknesses and the song that was given them.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Saw an unconfirmed Reddit post that looks plausible that the new group will be called Nizi and that the same person who choreographed Twices dance Fancy and others will be the choreographer. I can't confirm it as this is the only place I've seen this image through it looks professionally done and he has done the other items previously. Interesting point is the name of the groups are the official names not just the person who he is doing it for such as just "SOMI". Credit to reddit user "cancielo"

Tootsiebay

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,150
Saw an unconfirmed Reddit post that looks plausible that the new group will be called Nizi and that the same person who choreographed Twices dance Fancy and others will be the choreographer. I can't confirm it as this is the only place I've seen this image through it looks professionally done and he has done the other items previously. Interesting point is the name of the groups are the official names not just the person who he is doing it for such as just "SOMI". Credit to reddit user "cancielo"

It's on the guy's website: Kiel Tutin's bio

Click where it says "KIEL TUTIN'S RESUME" and you'll get that sheet.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
A Japanese twitter user questioned why Momoka was missing from the now revealed group evaluation unit promos that began in April. It might possibly explain reduced screen time in S2 like Suzu in S1. She had no behind the scenes footage before her perf in ep 3.

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
A Japanese twitter user questioned why Momoka was missing from the now revealed group evaluation unit promos that began in April. It might possibly explain reduced screen time in S2 like Suzu in S1. She had no behind the scenes footage before her perf in ep 3.

She actually is in at least one

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

True but supposedly chronologically the profile photo shoot outfits occurred March 10th and those group evaluation promos occurred later. Some of the girls are showing roots growing out from hair coloring.

We’ll see but the editing in ep3 is odd...

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
True but supposedly chronologically the profile photo shoot outfits occurred March 10th and those group evaluation promos occurred later. Some of the girls are showing roots growing out from hair coloring.

Yes it did seem odd.
Don't speak Korean or Japanese but it almost seemed like both two people that were 12 and 13th were candidates for elimination.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400

Did a brief time count of how long each girl had a focus for episode 3.

Mayuka 12 minutes
Momoka 4 minutes
Riria 7 minutes
Rima 10 minutes
Mako 9 minutes (not counting the JYP concert which was in the middle)

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Did a brief time count of how long each girl had a focus for episode 3.

Mayuka 12 minutes
Momoka 4 minutes
Riria 7 minutes
Rima 10 minutes
Mako 9 minutes (not counting the JYP concert which was in the middle)

In the episode, they revealed that Momoka came out at the bottom of the trainers attitude assessment during the 30 day period leading up to the solo test. So for whatever reason maybe she didn't adapt to the trainee life very well. I always thought it might be tough for some girls at their age leaving their home (country), family, school, etc for something completely new to them.

There was discussion a few months back about possibly bringing more of the girls over to train (for a larger pool of candidates) because their true personality and adaptability to a rigorous trainee lifestyle would be unknowns. We've already seen Suzu question her desire and others may figure out that that lifestyle isn't suited for them either. Maybe the debut team contest is partly a battle of attrition.

Last edited:

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
In the episode, they revealed that Momoka came out at the bottom of the trainers attitude assessment during the 30 day period leading up to the solo test. So for whatever reason maybe she didn't adapt to the trainee life very well. I always thought it might be tough for some girls at their age leaving their home (country), family, school, etc for something completely new to them.

There was discussion a few months back about possibly bringing more of the girls over to train (for a larger pool of candidates) because their true personality and adaptability to a rigorous trainee lifestyle would be unknowns. We've already seen Suzu question her desire and others may figure out that that lifestyle isn't suited for them either. Maybe the debut team contest is just a battle of attrition.
...if more people drop out, I guess we can just debut who's left. Momoka, Riria and Akari all seem to be struggling to cope with the training demands - all three got singled out as having received low "training attitude" ratings from the trainers, with Momoka having the lowest (of course, Ayaka got the highest). Also, all 3, including some of the other lower rank trainees are struggling with confidence issues. Kinda understandable, considering the disparity in experience among some the trainees. As I said previous, it's really only the last couple of spots on the final team that is up for contention, and if you are one of the lower ranked trainees coming in with less dancing and singing experience, you would certainly feel disheartened and pressured. Going from "amateur" to "pro" in just a couple of months is a tough ask.

It does make you wonder if the others who didn't make the cut at the Tokyo camp would be able to cope either, as they would be coming in with even lower ability levels. It's one thing if you're bringing trainees over to train with a longer-term training schedule to bring everyone up to a similar level. It's another thing when you're basically "throwing them in the deep end to see who sinks and swims" because you're trying to debut them in a year. Certainly not the slow nurturing over several years that normal JYP trainees get. I don't want to imagine what the show would be like with 16+ trainees, with more than half of them likely to get an earful from JYP. The sukkiri cast would be going "kibishii kibishii" the whole program.

Top Bottom