My updated ideal lineup:
  • Mako
  • Rio
  • Maya
  • Riku
  • Ayaka
  • Rima
  • Miihi
+1. Only problem is that it's missing Nina, the crowd favorite particularly among i-fans. Considering the amount of screen time she has been getting, the likelihood of her not making the final cut isn't high. It would also be a shame to not only lose a talented vocalist, but also lose an English speaking member who can connect with Western fans.

My ideal lineup would be 8 - the 7 listed, plus Nina. But 8 isn't an ideal number for choreo, so the question is whether JYP will go 7 or 9? I think it will depend on whether someone else is good enough to step into the 9th spot, and whether Ayaka can up her dancing & singing skills enough to complement her star power. If it's 7, I can see Nina replacing Ayaka on your list, with JYPE retaining Ayaka as a trainee for their next GG. If it's 9, it will be the 7 + Nina + 1 more. 11 or 13 debut members is a no-go, IMO.

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
+1. Only problem is that it's missing Nina, the crowd favorite particularly among i-fans. Considering the amount of screen time she has been getting, the likelihood of her not making the final cut isn't high. It would also be a shame to not only lose a talented vocalist, but also lose an English speaking member who can connect with Western fans.

My ideal lineup would be 8 - the 7 listed, plus Nina. But 8 isn't an ideal number for choreo, so the question is whether JYP will go 7 or 9? I think it will depend on whether someone else is good enough to step into the 9th spot, and whether Ayaka can up her dancing & singing skills enough to complement her star power. If it's 7, I can see Nina replacing Ayaka on your list, with JYPE retaining Ayaka as a trainee for their next GG. If it's 9, it will be the 7 + Nina + 1 more. 11 or 13 debut members is a no-go, IMO.
Personally, for me, I don't think that Nina's a necessity. I understand she's popular, but I don't think popularity is the only thing that JYP is going to consider. Yes, she's a strong vocalist, the strongest out of all of the trainees, but they also have Miihi, Maya, Mako & Riku who are all talented as well and imo I prefer Miihi's vocals over Nina's. Nina's weakness is playing it safe and relying on her vocal talent to succeed when we all know that vocals aren't the only thing that are important in the idol world. Much like what he said to Rio in S1, it isn't a dance or vocal competition, it's to produce idols. The reason I placed Ayaka in the lineup is for that reason and that reason only. She's not the most talented, but she has the quality's and her unique charm that an idol should have and only she possesses them.

Last edited:

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
My updated ideal lineup:
  • Mako
  • Rio
  • Maya
  • Riku
  • Ayaka
  • Rima
  • Miihi
I like this lineup but not having Nina in the group is one of the worst decisions JYPE could make.

Nina has her fair criticisms of dancing, and problems with adding emotions and control in her singing but that stuff can be helped with more training and practice Nina has star power, charisma, and it factor that can't be taught or trained that would help the group in the long run.

She stands out from everyone and her range and vocals only help solidify her. She can speak English and has unique visuals that international fans would draw to. Her being in the group would help balance with Miihi vocally and popularity. This girl is a star and if JYPE doesn't add her in the group another company will snatch her up thus being another Somi 2.0.

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Personally, for me, I don't think that Nina's a necessity. I understand she's popular, but I don't think popularity is the only thing that JYP is going to consider. Yes, she's a strong vocalist, the strongest out of all of the trainees, but they also have Miihi, Maya, Mako & Riku who are all talented as well and imo I prefer Miihi's vocals over Nina's. Nina's weakness is playing it safe and relying on her vocal talent to succeed when we all know that vocals aren't the only thing that are important in the idol world. Much like what he said to Rio in S1, it isn't a dance or vocal competition, it's to produce idols. The reason I placed Ayaka in the lineup is for that reason and that reason only. She's not the most talented, but she has the quality's and her unique charm that an idol should have and only she possesses them.
I think your missing some things about Nina. For the same reason Ayaka is popular especially in Korea is "another" reason why Nina is popular. In "Western" view she is very pretty. A simple scan of youtube comments talk about that with some saying people ONLY like her because of that. The responses are that yes but one that also has a golden voice. So those same qualities that you mention Ayaka having are the same ones Nina has but with a different audience being targeted. JYP pioneered foreign people in his groups with Nikhun. He is also producing this group. The very first K-Pop/J-Pop hybrid with all japanese members.

Also about her playing it safe. The two potential main vocalists are Nina and Miihi obviously. If you noticed those are the only two that did an all singing routine. This was NOT by chance. A lot of people seem to think that the last episode was 100% Nina's decision. I think the person in charge of the show (who is actually not JYP) had ALL the girls basically do something along the lines of what there positions would be. Remember they are trainees now and if they had told Nina to do a dance she would have. The girls don't run the show and have little to say in what kind of things they really perform from this point on. Even in Season 1 it was revealed that the songs they sang and dances they did had to be pre-screened by the staff before they were performed in from of JYP himself. The girls can suggest stuff but it is actually the staff that make the decision if they will do them.

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
I like this lineup but not having Nina in the group is one of the worst decisions JYPE could make.

Nina has her fair criticisms of dancing, and problems with adding emotions and control in her singing but that stuff can be helped with more training and practice Nina has star power, charisma, and it factor that can't be taught or trained that would help the group in the long run.

She stands out from everyone and her range and vocals only help solidify her. She can speak English and has unique visuals that international fans would draw to. Her being in the group would help balance with Miihi vocally and popularity. This girl is a star and if JYPE doesn't add her in the group another company will snatch her up thus being another Somi 2.0.
Rima speaks English as well, let's not forget. Nina is popular yes, but popularity ≠ a guaranteed debut.

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
Also something to take into consideration is every big group should have a solid vocal. About 3 members. Riku and Miihi is only two. Mako is a lead vocalist material but she can’t really sang like the two I mentioned above. I think her position in the group will be pushed towards dancing. Nina being added will make the vocal line more balanced.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
I think your missing some things about Nina. For the same reason Ayaka is popular especially in Korea is "another" reason why Nina is popular. In "Western" view she is very pretty. A simple scan of youtube comments talk about that with some saying people ONLY like her because of that. The responses are that yes but one that also has a golden voice. So those same qualities that you mention Ayaka having are the same ones Nina has but with a different audience being targeted. JYP pioneered foreign people in his groups with Nikhun. He is also producing this group. The very first K-Pop/J-Pop hybrid with all japanese members.

Also about her playing it safe. The two potential main vocalists are Nina and Miihi obviously. If you noticed those are the only two that did an all singing routine. This was NOT by chance. A lot of people seem to think that the last episode was 100% Nina's decision. I think the person in charge of the show (who is actually not JYP) had ALL the girls basically do something along the lines of what there positions would be. Remember they are trainees now and if they had told Nina to do a dance she would have. The girls don't run the show and have little to say in what kind of things they really perform from this point on. Even in Season 1 it was revealed that the songs they sang and dances they did had to be pre-screened by the staff before they were performed in from of JYP himself. The girls can suggest stuff but it is actually the staff that make the decision if they will do them.

From a business perspective it doesn’t make sense to leave Nina out. Her technical shortcomings I think can be worked out without too much difficulty. She seems to be a slower learner for choreo for now but most girl groups function with their members at different ends of that spectrum. She has less experience in that area while she did musical theatre so only natural.

The only thing I question and Divine mentioned Somi 2.0 is I wonder how interested is Nina in actually being in a girl group as opposed to it being a stepping stone for a solo career as quick as possible. Her vocal strengths/style seems to point more towards a soloist or small vocal team. I actually wonder if she would be better off (for her career) to join lily m or haewon to do a 15& type project that launched baek yerin & Jamie parks careers. Is she interested in composing her own material she did a little for her star potential presentation. If she somehow doesn’t end up on debut team, using public awareness to springboard to a new project like Somi did with Sixteen -> Pd101 would work well too I think.

I think it’s a question mark on how much the individual trainee or producers had in them selecting their song for the solo eval. I would probably lean on Pd/staff giving them guidance as opposed to forcing them. Why a Charlie Puth song or 2 people doing the same song if it was staff choice? In S1 it seemed the contestants did whatever they wanted for solo (miu did an anime opening) but the group songs were decided by staff. Nina proved she could sing during regionals, Tokyo singing test, Tokyo group test. I think the staff, audience everyone wants to see her work more on her dance. The season 1 screening by staff was also to filter out unsuitable candidates so jyp only looks at “promising” individuals. The regular JYPE auditions have a multi stage process also.

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
The only thing I question and Divine mentioned Somi 2.0 is I wonder how interested is Nina in actually being in a girl group as opposed to it being a stepping stone for a solo career as quick as possible. Her vocal strengths/style seems to point more towards a soloist or small vocal team. I actually wonder if she would be better off (for her career) to join lily m or haewon to do a 15& type project that launched back yerin & Jamie parks careers. Is she interested in composing her own material she did a little for her star potential presentation.
Yes I wonder about that too. It did show a bit of dediction or desire when she decide to get on a plane to travel to the audition when she missed the one in her hometown though. But her previous interest seemed to be plays, movies as a hollywood type of person. So to become an idol is a bit odd to me. Of all the girls she is the one that probably least "needs" to be an idol. If for whatever reason she didn't make it her rise in popularity would almost instandly mean she will get at least a co-staring roll in about any Japanese TV show or movie. It may be that it has been her dream to be an idol but nothing we have seen has shown that. It has never been explained why she even wants to be an idol at all. Something I hope they actually do delve into for some of the "side" things we kind of want in the show.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Just curious, is anyone following Youth with You 2 or Produce Camp the Chinese survival programs? The contrast is so different between them and Nizi Project. There's crazy production value on the Chinese shows. On produce camp, the contestants are staying in some lakeside Disney looking village. Also most of the Nizi girls are going to be done with a 7 year contract, retired and still be younger than the contestants of the other two shows.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Just curious, is anyone following Youth with You 2 or Produce Camp the Chinese survival programs? The contrast is so different between them and Nizi Project. There's crazy production value on the Chinese shows. On produce camp, the contestants are staying in some lakeside Disney looking village. Also most of the Nizi girls are going to be done with a 7 year contract, retired and still be younger than the contestants of the other two shows.
Not really following them but occasionally look at it. Definitely like the Nizi Project more.

Pro Nizi
1. Nizi Girls seem more normal. there isn't any "showmanship" or type of things that give the girls a fake seeming appearance. For example Esther Yu. The girl is awesome and one of the highlights of the show but it just comes out odd and fake for me after a while. Nizi girls give me more of a feeling were hey that girl could be my neighbor or the girl I just saw at the fast food place. YwY (Youth with You) girls don't really.
2. Production. There is very little progression in the production. It's basically debut after debut stages without any building of the girls. It's just over the top in every aspect from the very start so when they actually do debut it's like nothing would change.
3. Singing. The singing in the show is so obviously studio work that I have no idea how they actually sound. I can't tell who has a good voice or who doesn't because everything is post processed. I remember watching the chinese produce 101 and the difference in them singing on the show and then them singing on live was startling. This series seems to have done that post processing of the voices even more.
4. Personal interaction. To me the difference in Humor between the Chinese produced survival shows and the Korean just doesn't work with me.
5. Product placement. The way they do product advertising and product placement in the show for commercials is just a BIG turn off for me.

Pro Produce Camp.
1. visuals. WOW does YwY have some good visuals.
2. Dance/choreographies. they have some really good groups for dancing and they are doing some original stuff.
3. Number of contestants. There is a good variety on the types of the girls they are showing. From an audience point of view it's nice to be able to multiple choices.
4. Music. They have a much broader musical spectrum that they chose from. They even put some rock in it.

Edit: This is for youth with you. Haven't watched the current produce camp but did watch Chinese Produce 101 (Rocket girls)

Last edited:

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935

The key is teamwork. Will last place Akari recover? What is the secret of combining teamwork and individuality. JYP will talk about it.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
viewimage.php

Results from the 3rd Korean poll from the smaller of the two galleries on dcinside. They had a much smaller turnout this time as they didn't advertise on the larger of the galleries. Seems like the OP felt like there's a troll problem (who changes changes IPs with VPN) on the larger niziproject gallery so they avoided advertising the poll on there.

Poll 2 had 600+ participants
Poll 3 only had 160

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
viewimage.php

Results from the 3rd Korean poll from the smaller of the two galleries on dcinside. They had a much smaller turnout this time as they didn't advertise on the larger of the galleries. Seems like the OP felt like there's a troll problem (who changes changes IPs with VPN) on the larger niziproject gallery so they avoided advertising the poll on there.
For some reason whenever you post DC Inside stuff I don't get anything here. Not sure if it is a setting or something but I've tried two different browsers. maybe it's because I don't have a DC Inside account.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
For some reason whenever you post DC Inside stuff I don't get anything here. Not sure if it is a setting or something but I've tried two different browsers. maybe it's because I don't have a DC Inside account.

Hmm ... it's just an image link. You don't need an account to view the threads only if you want to post.

Can you access the thread post directly? Maybe DNS or some geoblock issue.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Hmm ... it's just an image link. You don't need an account to view the threads only if you want to post.

Can you access the thread post directly? Maybe DNS or some geoblock issue.
That actually worked. Thank you.

edit: I'm actually surprised by the results with Yuna being so far down the list. I would have thought she would have been much higher.

Top Bottom