🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
maya looks great with the new styling btw brightens her up ... now the knets can't say she looks like a young widow anymore
Were they really saying that? LOL. Cause she looks like she's in mourning? :wut:

JYP/staff are absolutely biased towards certain trainees. You can tell from the different storylines they've crafted for them. However this isn't a true singing/dancing competition or a show that supposedly depends on audience voting like produce. It's more a program (marketing tool) that details the process in which they formulate a group with some dramatic addons like "cubes" and double elimination. It's basically the same process agencies use to form idol debut teams behind the scenes using many criteria other than pure singing/dancing.

Even using JYPE's Itzy as an example, i imagine them considering the image of the future group and favoring Yuna with her visuals/height even over existing trainees that were better singers/dancers at the time.
Yeah, pretty much. Star Power and Personality are also given somewhat equal weight to dance and vocals, so there is a definitely an element of subjectivity to the whole process. I'm inclined to defer to JYP / training team's judgement, since they have probably seen and assessed hundreds of trainees over the years, not to mention the thousands who didn't make it into their trainee program. But I'm sure it must be frustrating for trainees who train their skillsets, only to lose out on subjective elements that would be hard for them to assess and improve on. Equally frustrating as a viewer, but I do have to remind myself that I'm not in that studio watching these performances live, without all the visual edits and sound post-production for TV consumption.

I'm seeing a fair amount of dislike in the youtube comment sections with most people saying DTNA should have won. They are blasting poor Ayaka quite a bit. If you give someone an unfair advantage and then treat it as fair it is a tremendous disservice to the individual singled out (Ayaka). Unfortunately as time goes on I can see internationally wise a bit of hate going toward Ayaka from this kind of thing.
There was plenty of drama when Tzuyu and Momo were rescued from elimination as well, with Somi fans being particularly vocal, so I'm not too worried about Ayaka in the long-term.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Were they really saying that? LOL. Cause she looks like she's in mourning? :wut:

Yeah, pretty much. Star Power and Personality are also given somewhat equal weight to dance and vocals, so there is a definitely an element of subjectivity to the whole process. I'm inclined to defer to JYP / training team's judgement, since they have probably seen and assessed hundreds of trainees over the years, not to mention the thousands who didn't make it into their trainee program. But I'm sure it must be frustrating for trainees who train their skillsets, only to lose out on subjective elements that would be hard for them to assess and improve on. Equally frustrating as a viewer, but I do have to remind myself that I'm not in that studio watching these performances live, without all the visual edits and sound post-production for TV consumption.

There was plenty of drama when Tzuyu and Momo were rescued from elimination as well, with Somi fans being particularly vocal, so I'm not too worried about Ayaka in the long-term.

On the dcinside board, every contestant has anti(s) that are constantly trolling each other. For Maya they say that she just looks sad all the time like she just got back from her husband's funeral. Probably originated from her ugly ducking story, her performance choices, and that she does have more of a mature look for an 18 year old.

The Knets are toxic but their trolling can be pretty creative.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
So I'd like everyone's ideas on why the team distributions were the way they were.
As a background Each of the teams had a team leader that was a top 4 person except for Team Nina. If you watch the episode he assigned the teams himself and it wasn't a random draw. So here are the questions.

So Why was Nina chosen as a team leader and not Maya?
Why were two teams given the lower all the lower ranking members instead of one each.
Why were the two ranking teams paired off against the two lowest ranking teams.

For conjecture.
Mako's team had a 2nd, 4th, and 6th placed person on their team for an average of 4th place
Miihi's team had 1,5,9th place for an average of 5.
Riku's team had a 3rd, 10th and 11th place person for an average of 8.3333 (two times as many as Mako's team)
and Nina's team had a 7, 8, 11th and 13th placed person for an average placing of 9.75

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
So I'd like everyone's ideas on why the team distributions were the way they were.
As a background Each of the teams had a team leader that was a top 4 person except for Team Nina. If you watch the episode he assigned the teams himself and it wasn't a random draw. So here are the questions.

So Why was Nina chosen as a team leader and not Maya?
Why were two teams given the lower all the lower ranking members instead of one each.
Why were the two ranking teams paired off against the two lowest ranking teams.

For conjecture.
Mako's team had a 2nd, 4th, and 6th placed person on their team for an average of 4th place
Miihi's team had 1,5,9th place for an average of 5.
Riku's team had a 3rd, 10th and 11th place person for an average of 8.3333 (two times as many as Mako's team)
and Nina's team had a 7, 8, 11th and 13th placed person for an average placing of 9.75

I think Nina was chosen as one of the 4 leads because they wanted to spread out the 4 best vocalists her, miihi, mako, riku). Those were the 4 top ranks for the vocal test in Tokyo also.

The match ups were apparently random draw by those red balls they were holding.

I have no idea why they formed the teams they did. It would have been interesting if they had the 4 leaders do a draft.

I thought they kind of chose songs that fit the members though. They're having the 2 best dancers and one of the better stage performers on Swing Baby. DTNA concept suited their members.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
I admit that the sound quality is pretty bad on these spoilers but it really sounds like Miihi is miss-pronouncing the song at the end of her perormance before Rima starts her rap? It's sounding like daka daka not Jakku. Or maybe I'm imagining it.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

Japanese rocker Breakerz Daigo tweeted about Ayaka.

"Ayaka's growth is amazing. This team is an elite team."

:sehunehh: :JudgyDubu:

"The Nina team has become one! It was wonderful! However, the Miihi team is a real powerhouse ~ "

"I want to give it to both Cube It was a great showdown Really"

"Don't miss it next week too. The team battle is also impressive. Of course, it is important for each team to be able to demonstrate their individual abilities, and to be attracted as a team. However, even though everyone is young, I am deeply moved by the challenges of life. In my late teens, I only took print stickers. Respect."

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
And time for our weekly average love poll. Congrats for our new heart stealer Rima coming up from 4th place last week. PS Vote Mamoka who has been in last place almost every day so far.
NameAvg5/85/95/105/115/125/135/14
Rima2.575711112
Nina2.861236224
Miihi4.292452656
Mako5.294373767
Akari5.4335411843
Ayaka5.436664475
Mayuka6.29111810581
Maya7.2988993311
Yuna8.149102710109
Riku979105111110
Rio1010111189912
Riria11.61213121212128
Momoka12.913121313131313

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

Anyone willing to pick the upset on this one?

I'll bite Team Heartbreaker with the shocker!

Nizi S2 on youtube starting next friday. Guess they have to delay 1 month with the Hulu Japan contract.

Last edited:

WonderfulOnce

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,222,075
I wonder how NIZI (the final group) will keep in contact with fans. Kpop Idols uses VLIVE as way to communicate to fans on the daily. VLIVE doesn't have any Japanese idols on Vlive from what I've seen, but I have seen some southeast asian channels. I personally hope JYPE can use their connections to get Nizi a Vlive channel since it's accessible to i-fans and JPN fans. Plus the content can be subbed which is a huge plus in gaining more fans.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
I wonder how NIZI (the final group) will keep in contact with fans. Kpop Idols uses VLIVE as way to communicate to fans on the daily. VLIVE doesn't have any Japanese idols on Vlive from what I've seen, but I have seen some southeast asian channels. I personally hope JYPE can use their connections to get Nizi a Vlive channel since it's accessible to i-fans and JPN fans. Plus the content can be subbed which is a huge plus in gaining more fans.

Seems like a plan. A lot of subscribers from Japan for JYPE artists anyways. Twices top vlive subscribers by region #1 Japan #2 Indonesia #3 Philippines

Most people think Nizi will be based out of SK initially anyways so might as well use all the same media tools as everyone else in the company.

S

Some

Japanese rocker Breakerz Diago tweeted about Ayaka.

"Ayaka's growth is amazing. This team is an elite team."

:sehunehh: :JudgyDubu:

"The Nina team has become one! It was wonderful! However, the Miihi team is a real powerhouse ~ "

"I want to give it to both Cube It was a great showdown Really"

"Don't miss it next week too. The team battle is also impressive. Of course, it is important for each team to be able to demonstrate their individual abilities, and to be attracted as a team. However, even though everyone is young, I am deeply moved by the challenges of life. In my late teens, I only took print stickers. Respect."

DAIGO !!!!!!!! This is Huge for the girls he's very big in in japan . Wonder what others famous people are interested in / watch nizi project . The sukiri effect 👏👏👏 thank god jyp knows how to promote their artists / future artists right

Vivid°October

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,750
I thought both teams did really well but the odds of all lower ranked girls beating the #1 and one above #8? seemed slim from the start. I hoped for a underdog storyline but it didn't happen!

I'll keep rooting for Riria even if its not looking good for her at this point. 😔

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭81,290
I’m so mad that DTNA team didn’t win :meh:No offense to the other team at all. It’s just that the overall performance of DTNA was better/fun and the girls showed so much more improvement from their last performance. I will forever hate JYP if all 4 of those girls don’t debut after that :onggun:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
So watched the first two performance.
Personally i had Veryx3 first.
Rima was the highlight of the show not for just her rap but the singing too. even more than Miihi. Rima was great in the show and just shined but not when doing group performances. In group activity she blended in perfictly. She was good.
Miihi seemed to misprounounce the very beginning of the song and her ending high note seemed pinched. Presentation wise though was great.
Ayaka's singing was pretty bad but her dancing and physical presentation and such like dancing was pretty good. Don't think she will ever be a great dancer but her presentation of being cute was quite good and she didn't sing that much so it didn't distract through the entire peformance.

DTNA. Nina was the highlight with her clear and precise vocals. Her dancing has improved quite a bit but still gets off on her footwork placement. Upper body seems fairly nice now. Her dancing didn't distract as much as it had but it still does just to a lesser digree.

The other girls from Ayaka, Mayuka, and Akari were good but not great. There was some issues with unity of the movements and their timing. Vocal wise it was good but not as good as the other team of Rima but better than Ayaka but while.

So this gives to me the overall edge to seam Sunrise or Very Very Very.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Note in the performance they did a random draw on who would compete against too. They had 4 teams with 2 of the teams having high ranking members and two teams with lower ranking members and it loks like they were trying to make it even so a ranked team wouldn't automatically go against a lower ranked team due to fairness. BUT it's not quite what they make it out as there is not a 50/50 chance that a ranked team will compete against an unranked team. When the first team draws a letter in this case Say B for Mako as she was the first one to draw. There now exists in the bag 3 balls. So the chance of any next team drawing a ball change from 50/50 to a 66/33 percentage as there is now only one B ball left in the bag. So the chance that the other ranked team would draw the B ball is only 33%. There is statistically only one way for it to be completely random and that is having a single draw with all matchup possibilities in the offering. So instead of having 4 balls in the bag which are drawn by each group to make it really equally random there should have been actually 3 balls (yes I know seems counterinuitive) and the balls should state team 4 vs 1 and 2 vs 3, or 4 vs 2, and 3 vs 1, or 4 vs 3 and 2 vs 1. As those list all the various combinations of 1v1 matchups that can happen. So one draw 3 balls. However that doesn't give itself to as much drama as the way they did it.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
  • After watching the sukkiri segment, I had handed the win to the fairies, though I did wonder whether I would change my mind after seeing the full performances. Well, I did change my mind. Overall, as mentioned during the show, both groups showed significant growth and progress, with each individual clearly able to improve on their previous stage. But after watching the full segment, IMO Team Sunrise edged out Team Fairies in this matchup.
  • There were definitely some good points for their DTNA performance - overall, they were able to convey the energy of the dance pretty well, and vocal-wise, particularly Nina's high notes, was pretty strong. But I did feel a lack of cohesiveness at some points, and unfortunately, it was hard to not miss Riria struggling at the end with her movements getting smaller. DTNA is by no means an easy dance, but then again they weren't dancing the full choreo. It was far from being a poor performance, for me it lacked a little something.
  • Team Sunrise...just felt more polished. Even though their dance sequence wasn't as complicated or as intense as the DTNA choreo, nonetheless the quick and small movements were executed well and concisely while still delivering on that quirky cuteness.
  • I would also agree that the standout in Team Sunrise was Rima. Rima for me has always been somewhat overshadowed by the other JYP trainees, and while she is certainly talented, she hasn't been able to really grab my attention so far - even her individual level test stage was just OK for me. I'd always seen her more as a one-trick pony with her raps, but today it's clear that she's more than that. I do feel that she has stepped out into her own light since the last stage, and I'm starting to see her as the contestant that she is.
  • As for Ayaka, who is clearly the point of contention for many Seaside Fairies fans, I personally feel that she was able to keep up with her two seniors during V3. There is no denying that vocally, she is probably the weakest of all the contestants, but from this performance, I can also see that her looks and charms aren't her only strength. I can see why the trainers felt that she has the best attitude when she comes to training (and also why Riria might have gotten her poor evaluation). She is just much more focused during training, and projects an earnestness that I found missing in a few other trainees. Despite her worries over her own abilities and about keeping up with her more experienced team members, Ayaka has a groundedness that really adds depth to her stage presence. Other than her vocals, she did just as well as Rima and Miihi in the dance and emotive aspects of the V3 performance, which is actually saying a lot when you compare V3 to her Precious Love stage.
  • So, the groups were assigned, and as someone suggested earlier, probably arranged around a competent vocal. Mako, Miihi, Riku, and Nina - these four are definitely the strongest and most stable vocals among all the contestants. Their performances were also assigned, as shown on the full episode. The only variable was the head-to-head competition, which involved a draw using those red balls. A lot of people have been complaining about the who competition being rigged to favor so-and-so, but honestly, everything so far is pretty much what happened in Sixteen in that you also had Major teams competing with Minor teams. People complained during Sixteen as well.
  • I think the big issue for i-fans is that in these competitions, they expect fairness and a level playing field. They also want everyone to win, and for everyone to live happily ever after (..OT13...). For JYP, his trainers, etc., it's really just life in Korea in a microcosm. The JYP trainees, and the more skilled contestants are the sunbaes / seniors, much like how 3mix were the sunbaes with their foot through the debut door in Sixteen. The hoobaes have no choice but to work extra hard to prove themselves worthy of being noticed. While matching major vs minor or stronger vs weaker can be seen as being unfair, it is also an opportunity to change the hierarchy and the status quo, something that is rare and difficult to do in real life Korean society.
  • Anyway, since we seem to be matching the storyline in Sixteen, I suspect there might be a no-elimination rule for this team mission stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom