The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I guess I forgot to post it but Iginari Tohoku-san's new album "Tohoku Inbound" was released last month. But I sadly haven't been able to find any music or MVs online.

TokiSen did a live stream at the beginning of April to introduce their new member Shida Aki. It was just like that episode of Team Syachihoko's variety show that I posted a couple years ago when the members took a trip to an amusement park and Chiyuri got kidnapped. The other members had to look for clues to find out where she taken. It's the same principle here. The TokiSen members look for clues on rides, games, and other attractions that will lead them to the location of the new Tokimeki Lemon. I may do some translations to help better understand it.

Here's some pics from the episode.

For their new single, it looks like they're using 3D images for all the covers. They made some gifs of them which are kinda creepy. The first one is especially creepy because their eyes keep looking straight ahead.

I watched parts of that stream! I thought it'd be her in the Tokisen mascot costume.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I guess I forgot to post it but Iginari Tohoku-san's new album "Tohoku Inbound" was released last month. But I sadly haven't been able to find any music or MVs online.

I just bought the album. I'll share once I actually get my hands on it.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Ebichu have become regulars on the night time music variety program "Kannai Devil" as of March 30th. It's set in a coffee shop in Kanagawa where the owner interviews Artists in a relaxed setting. The members of Ebichu have some cute new costumes and play the role of part-time clerks. Each episode features a different member.

Hinata was the first to appear on the show.

EUfIZDBXkAIHe4w.jpg

She seemed quite animated.

EUXjSP4U4AEN7Uc.jpg

They must have done an introduction for the entire group in the first episode.

Bni4nOfjzAAdUxec.jpg:small

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Here's a short video of the first meeting between TokiSen and the new Tokimeki Lemon, Shida Aki. There's also some footage of her rehearsing with them and recording the new single. I think Aki's going to be a great addition to the group.

I couldn't tell from the MV, but Aki's the newest member of Stardust Planet's "Tea Cup Ears Club", lol.

EGGfNgnU4AAVC-X

I found more info about what she's done prior to joining TokiSen. Aki was a member of the Idol Unit "Kagajo 7". It was created to promote the Rugby World Cup, so she has experience performing. Here's a few videos. Aki only sings during the chorus in the first one. I noticed that she always seems to start in the middle of the formation.

I was impressed with their perfs, especially the first one. They could be a legit group in Stradust Planet.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I just bought the album. I'll share once I actually get my hands on it.
That would be great! :palove:
The album seems to be available in some stores outside of Tohoku.

Ebichu have become regulars on the night time music variety program "Kannai Devil" as of March 30th. It's set in a coffee shop in Kanagawa where the owner interviews Artists in a relaxed setting. The members of Ebichu have some cute new costumes and play the role of part-time clerks. Each episode features a different member.

Hinata was the first to appear on the show.

EUfIZDBXkAIHe4w.jpg

She seemed quite animated.

EUXjSP4U4AEN7Uc.jpg

They must have done an introduction for the entire group in the first episode.

Bni4nOfjzAAdUxec.jpg:small

Sweet!
Particularly great news at this time when all physical events and performances are cancelled.
The outfits are... interesting, but the other cast members' clothes are even more out there. :ohmygod:
Here's a short video of the first meeting between TokiSen and the new Tokimeki Lemon, Shida Aki. There's also some footage of her rehearsing with them and recording the new single. I think Aki's going to be a great addition to the group.

I couldn't tell from the MV, but Aki's the newest member of Stardust Planet's "Tea Cup Ears Club", lol.

EGGfNgnU4AAVC-X

I found more info about what she's done prior to joining TokiSen. Aki was a member of the Idol Unit "Kagajo 7". It was created to promote the Rugby World Cup, so she has experience performing. Here's a few videos. Aki only sings during the chorus in the first one. I noticed that she always seems to start in the middle of the formation.

I was impressed with their perfs, especially the first one. They could be a legit group in Stradust Planet.

Yeah I noticed the ears in the reveal video, but it's even more obvious in that photo.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
That would be great! :palove:
The album seems to be available in some stores outside of Tohoku.

I've bought most of their singles (and Syachi and TacoNiji's early region-exclusive and venue-exclusive singles) at auction and had decent luck with it. A lot of fans are fairly generous in not overcharging by much so I've managed to amass a decent collection of Stardust rarities thanks to them.

Kagajo 7 is actually the 4th incarnation of the Kagajo brand. It was originally KAGAJO 4S and featured some now familiar faces (most notably to me is Aira, who is still performing as part of Amefurasshi) as part of a partnership with the broadcaster J:COM. They had a little TV corner and would retire every so often only to emerge a few years later as a new lineup, the rugby unit being the most recent. I don't think they've debuted a member of one of the small indie units into one of the major Stardust Planet groups in a while, though, so I'm very happy for her.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Posting some unlisted Momoclo live videos so I can find them later
Hashire! @ tif 2010

Opening/Contradiction & Orange Note @ Momokuri 2011

Coco Natsu & Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo @ Bakasawagi 2014

WE ARE BORN & Imagination @ Dome Trek 2016

Ano Sora E Mukatte @ 2018 Opening ~Atarashii aozora e~ (Momoka grad concert)

source:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I found some YT videos from Ragazze! of Momoclo and Tacoyaki Rainbow (but the Taconiji video is low def). I would like to post them but then they might get removed.

Edit: poor Shiori

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Kanako, Morikawa Aoi and Matsui Rena were interviewed by SPUR ahead of the release of the anime movie "Looking for a witch"
(The issue hasn't been published yet).
They wore some very striking makeup, especially Kanako's eyebrows :whaaat:

And the streaming continues, here's a 30 minute digest video of Aarin colouring a book at home

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momokuri 2018 is currently being live streamed!
It started pretty recently so should be up for a couple more hours

Some fun scenes
Aarin and Kanako (??) trying to protect Shiori's modesty during a magic trick

Shiori and Reni

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Some more Stardust videos to watch during quarantine!
First, here's Taconiji dancing to Naniwa no Hanawa while blindfolded :ROFLMAO:

And here's a 30 minute video of Team Shachi, with some talk and 3 "at home" music videos
The "MVs" start at:
8:55 DREAMER
16:24 ROSE FIGHTERS
22:53 idk what this is

And here's a clip of Shiori playing Parappa the rapper :palove:

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoclomania will be live streamed tomorrow on Momoclo's youtube page at 7 PM JST!

And the release of BOLT's 1st album has been moved to the 15th of July. The title was also revealed, it'll be called "POP".

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoclo announced a special streaming schedule for Golden Week! Each day at 21:00 JST they'll be streaming a different concert! (Except May first, which is a member live stream).

4/29: "MOMOIRO CLOVER Z" SHOW @ Tokyo Kinema Club (5th album showcase concert)
4/30: Kishidan Expo 2018
5/1: Rewatching previous videos with members
5/2: Kishidan Expo 2019
5/3: Inazuma Rock Festival 2019
5/4: Tokyo Dome concert day 1
5/5: Valentine's Live 2018
5/6: Momoclo Meijiza special performance

Meanwhile we've gotten a decent amount of dance videos recently
First, here's Reni dancing to it at home

(Instagram link)
B.O.L.T's Naito Runa also danced to it a bit

And then Aarin posted a youtube video, trying to learn the dance in 30 min

Reni also posted a video where she's dancing to Issho Ni

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
The Kishidan Banpaku 2018 set that was streamed today will stay on Youtube for a week!

Reni "dancing" to Tokisen's latest single

A-rin Assort was delayed until the 8th of July due to the coronavirus

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I really enjoyed Team Shachi's live stream where they covered their own songs and turned them into "at home" MVs.

For some reason Batten Showjo Tai's been releasing special MVs for all their singles. They're mostly live perfs and off shots, but with the studio tracks.

TokiSen's been uploading allot of videos promoting their new single. I think this is the most they've done for any single. Probably because they can't hold any live events right now.

Each member uploaded a short dance video. I'm just going to post Hyori's. You can find the rest on their channel if you're interested.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I really enjoyed Team Shachi's live stream where they covered their own songs and turned them into "at home" MVs.

For some reason Batten Showjo Tai's been releasing special MVs for all their singles. They're mostly live perfs and off shots, but with the studio tracks.

TokiSen's been uploading allot of videos promoting their new single. I think this is the most they've done for any single. Probably because they can't hold any live events right now.

Each member uploaded a short dance video. I'm just going to post Hyori's. You can find the rest on their channel if you're interested.

It seems like Stardust have really ramped up the video content recently. Makes sense, as you said. The last couple weeks have been a mix of events/releases getting cancelled/postponed (even some in June or July) and different video streams and uploads. Either pre-recorded or of the group members in their respective houses.

One interesting thing I noticed is that Tacoyaki Rainbow don't seem to be quarantined at home. They're still posting pictures and videos together.
It actually seems like they might live together, I didn't know Stardust did that

After some quick research they live together in an apartment, which would explain why their tour was named "Taconiji House"

Even Rock A Japonica had some online video service, but I think their last live might have been a year ago so it might be for that reason.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
JA Namie had a periscope video chat/stream

And they announced that they'll release a song, "Mirai iro no hana" on the 22nd!

------------------------

I also thought I'd make a list of the recent Momoclo videos:

Aarin's colouring: part 1, part 2, part 3 (with plush Chiro-chan).
Aarin cooking: sandwiches, parfait.
Aarin learning the dance to "Dancing Reni-chan".

Dancing Reni-chan.
Reni food: sweet donuts, confectionery.
Reni's morning routine.

The Momoclo members have also had to learn new things... such as how to do instagram lives.
Thankfully a fan captured and uploaded them to Youtube!

It started with Yoshine Kyoko holding an IG live with Shiori.
They later held another one, this time hosted by Shiori.
Then Reni had an IG live with Tashima Meru from HKT48!
And most recently Aarin had an IG live with Tokyo Performance Doll's leader Takashima Nana.

Reni's IG live was really surprising! She was sooo flustered, her face looked like a tomato :ROFLMAO:
Oh and Aarin's IG live is another example of how the members have been dragged into interacting on SNS they're not actually on. Both Shiori and Aarin have been dared to do challenges through one of the Momoclo staff accounts (which showed that Shiori isn't very good at push ups and got Aarin to act cute (sent by Ebichu's Riko)).

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I finally watched the full perf from Kishidan Banpaku. This is the first time I've seen the whole thing in HD. Until now I'd only seen clips on twitter. They pack so much into 30 min! The Tokusatsu segment at the end when they fight the baddies is even better when you can watch it the way it was intended. Momoclo handles the super hero stuff so well, I wish they would have made a feature length movie in this vein.

It seems like Stardust have really ramped up the video content recently. Makes sense, as you said. The last couple weeks have been a mix of events/releases getting cancelled/postponed (even some in June or July) and different video streams and uploads. Either pre-recorded or of the group members in their respective houses.

One interesting thing I noticed is that Tacoyaki Rainbow don't seem to be quarantined at home. They're still posting pictures and videos together.
It actually seems like they might live together, I didn't know Stardust did that

After some quick research they live together in an apartment, which would explain why their tour was named "Taconiji House"

Even Rock A Japonica had some online video service, but I think their last live might have been a year ago so it might be for that reason.

I'm not familiar with the living situations of the Stardust groups, but it doesn't surprise me that some of them live together. I could see other groups living in a dorm or an apartment together to save money.

There are groups in other companies still airing new content, so like you said, there must still be a backlog of content that was pre-recorded. It's easier to record multiple episode in one day when the entire group is together. I'm sure the series that Ebichu are regulars on filmed those episodes a while ago. Speaking of which, TokiSen just uploaded the next episode from their amusement park adventure.

Top Bottom