The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
While you're here I'd like to recommend today's stream!

They're looking at some old videos (starts at 13:50), but for me the highlight was towards the end as Reni got very emotional. :tears:

I finally watched the full perf from Kishidan Banpaku. This is the first time I've seen the whole thing in HD. Until now I'd only seen clips on twitter. They pack so much into 30 min! The Tokusatsu segment at the end when they fight the baddies is even better when you can watch it the way it was intended. Momoclo handles the super hero stuff so well, I wish they would have made a feature length movie in this vein.

I'm not familiar with the living situations of the Stardust groups, but it doesn't surprise me that some of them live together. I could see other groups living in a dorm or an apartment together to save money.

There are groups in other companies still airing new content, so like you said, there must still be a backlog of content that was pre-recorded. It's easier to record multiple episode in one day when the entire group is together. I'm sure the series that Ebichu are regulars on filmed those episodes a while ago. Speaking of which, TokiSen just uploaded the next episode from their amusement park adventure.

I was just done editing the previous post when I saw you replied!
The Kishidan Banpaku performance was fun, including the skit, but their sword play/fighting was a bit unrefined :LOL:
I think there might be a DVD/Bluray from Meijiza stage play? The one where they play ninjas. There's some sword play there.
For me the highlights of the set were probably Anta Tobashi Sugi and Koko Natsu.
The performance was very different to their Kinema live, which had a much more sultry vibe (and a surprising amount of on-stage nudity). The first few performances at Kinema were pretty great, there's a lot of energy in Roadshow. Godspeed was also fun.

Speaking of the living conditions, I assumed most SDP idols would live at home. But if there are idols who live far from their work, then putting them all together has some advantages. Taconiji are Kansai-based, so maybe they're all living together in Osaka (I presume) if they're originally from other places. They're all adults now, so there's no need for them to live with their parents.

As for the other regional groups, TEAM SHACHI are also all adults but don't live together (at least one member studied in Tokyo, too). Batten Showjo Tai and Iginari Tohoku-san are probably too young.

B.O.L.T don't live together, and it would've been very strange considering the age difference. It doesn't seem like Amefurasshi do, either.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
The TacoNiji house appears to be rented for the sole purpose of keeping content flowing during the self-isolation. While it is not uncommon for young idols to live in dormitories or apartments shared with other members of the same group if they are moving to a new area, generally this is something paid for by the company and, since the TacoNiji members all live in the area, this is normally an unnecessary expense. I also don't know of any situation where every single member of a group lives in the same house, save for those few companies that do have whole dormitories for their trainees, especially where staff members also seem to be living with them. Age isn't really a factor, since idols typically live with their families well into adulthood, if they are geographically able.

Also, who really wants to live with their coworkers? Even if you're friends, I'd get sick of them.

That said, it is a very interesting solution to the problem of content generation in a time where the members generally can't be in close proximity.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Ukka released the MV for their first single "Koi, ichiban me (Love is the Best)"! Very different sound from Sakura Ebizu.

*Bonus! For some reason, TokiSen uploaded this video of all the members taking turns dancing to Shape Up. I think it's just a way to promote their upcoming single. Now that I think about it, Shape Up is my favorite single from their Avex era. It's just so darn catchy and it has that break in the middle when Hyori gets everyone hyped to exercise.

Last edited:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
"Koi, ichiban me (Love is the Best)"

Not quite. The title is wordplay, translating literally into "Love, the first," but also points to a children's game called Hana Ichi Monme, which is referenced throughout the song. The game is like Red Rover, for those in some English-speaking countries, where there are two lines of teams holding hands and facing the other, and at a certain point, one team selects a member of the opposing team to come forward.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
The TacoNiji house appears to be rented for the sole purpose of keeping content flowing during the self-isolation. While it is not uncommon for young idols to live in dormitories or apartments shared with other members of the same group if they are moving to a new area, generally this is something paid for by the company and, since the TacoNiji members all live in the area, this is normally an unnecessary expense. I also don't know of any situation where every single member of a group lives in the same house, save for those few companies that do have whole dormitories for their trainees, especially where staff members also seem to be living with them. Age isn't really a factor, since idols typically live with their families well into adulthood, if they are geographically able.

Also, who really wants to live with their coworkers? Even if you're friends, I'd get sick of them.

That said, it is a very interesting solution to the problem of content generation in a time where the members generally can't be in close proximity.
Oh right, I forgot to add this. It seems pretty common for companies to rent several apartments on the same floor for idols who live in other cities (as in the infamous NGT case).

Ukka released the MV for their first single "Koi, ichiban me (Love is the Best)"! Very different sound from Sakura Ebizu.

*Bonus! For some reason, TokiSen uploaded this video of all the members taking turns dancing to Shape Up. I think it's just a way to promote their upcoming single. Now that I think about it, Shape Up is my favorite single from their Avex era. It's just so darn catchy and it has that break in the middle when Hyori gets everyone hyped to exercise.

The song does remind me of some song from them though, or maybe it was Ebichu.
Yeah, sounds a bit like それは月曜日の9時のように.
Tokisen has posted several short videos of the members dancing to the latest single, so I expect a similar "relay" video for that one eventually.

Last edited:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I've finally gotten my Tohoku Inbound CD! I'm uploading it to AO now; I think it takes a few hours to be made public unless a bunch of the priority people download it first but hopefully everyone can access it soon.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Not quite. The title is wordplay, translating literally into "Love, the first," but also points to a children's game called Hana Ichi Monme, which is referenced throughout the song. The game is like Red Rover, for those in some English-speaking countries, where there are two lines of teams holding hands and facing the other, and at a certain point, one team selects a member of the opposing team to come forward.

Thanks, I wrote that quickly and spaced on the "banme" grammar. Thanks for the insight into the lyrics!

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
So I finally took the time to put a bit of info about Ebichu and Shachi in the second post of the thread. There's still a lot that could be done but at least there are group pictures, short descriptions and member lists.

Amefurasshi made their previous limited singles available online!

On Spotify at least, the first edition is listed under a separate artist page.

Their next single, AMEFURASSHI LIMITED EDITION vol.7 will be released on August 2.
The song "Zatto no naka de" is on youtube (released way back in January):

Here's a sample of the other song, Bakappuru ni naritai

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Speaking of collaborations, Momoclo and Akarin are actually working on something together for the first time in 10 yrs! They've all become ambassadors for a new skin care product "SOPHISTANCE". The 5 of them were supposed to do a shoot together, but it was postponed because of the pandemic. Instead, an artists rendition was done.

mcz_hayamiakari_202005_1.jpg

And here's the original art without the text.

20200515-OHT1I50038-L.jpg

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Following Kanako, Shiori also cut her bangs. But in her case it was on Instagram.

(Instagram really needs a feature that makes it so that the video doesn't stop and go back to the start when switching tabs. And while they're at it, add some playback speed options).

Now in Youtube news, the most interesting new videos have been of Aarin dancing to sped up Momoclo songs.
The first video is of her dancing to Chai Maxx. It has to be one of Momoclo's most physically demanding choreos due to all the jumping and big movements.

The second song of the series is Chinstonshan, aka the song Aarin was forced to perform solo at Ayaka-nation and struggled with.
Atleast this choreo is more forgiving.

Momoclo's collaboration with Cypress Ueno and Robert Yoshino isn't available for me :tears:
The MV? Maybe you can listen to the song on streaming sites. Idk why they wouldn't make the MV available world wide :cautious:
Speaking of collaborations, Momoclo and Akarin are actually working on something together for the first time in 10 yrs! They've all become ambassadors for a new skin care product "SOPHISTANCE". The 5 of them were supposed to do a shoot together, but it was postponed because of the pandemic. Instead, an artists rendition was done.

mcz_hayamiakari_202005_1.jpg

And here's the original art without the text.

20200515-OHT1I50038-L.jpg

It's unfortunate they can't shoot together, but the drawing is beautiful.
Sophistance is owned by Stardust, so it probably facilitated things.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Following Kanako, Shiori also cut her bangs. But in her case it was on Instagram.

(Instagram really needs a feature that makes it so that the video doesn't stop and go back to the start when switching tabs. And while they're at it, add some playback speed options).

Now in Youtube news, the most interesting new videos have been of Aarin dancing to sped up Momoclo songs.
The first video is of her dancing to Chai Maxx. It has to be one of Momoclo's most physically demanding choreos due to all the jumping and big movements.

The second song of the series is Chinstonshan, aka the song Aarin was forced to perform solo at Ayaka-nation and struggled with.
Atleast this choreo is more forgiving.

The MV? Maybe you can listen to the song on streaming sites. Idk why they wouldn't make the MV available world wide :cautious:

It's unfortunate they can't shoot together, but the drawing is beautiful.
Sophistance is owned by Stardust, so it probably facilitated things.

Hmmm, I wonder who's going to cut their bangs next :unsure: Yeah, I'm not a fan of how videos are handled on Instagram either. They're so primitive and not what I would expect by today's standards.

I checked again and the MV is available now! Maybe they hadn't opened it up to my region when I checked the first time. Anyway, it's a fun song and I like how Momoclo were portrayed as turnbuckle pads. It's nice to have something to tide us over for a while.

If I read the article correctly, 5 different offices are involved in Sophistance. I didn't realize releasing a skin care product was such an undertaking, lol.
I hope the 5 of them can do something again when it's safer and we get a true reunion :sanapray:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I meant to write "If I read the article correctly". Yeah, I got it backwards. 5 people, not 5 companies, lol.

It's an easy mistake, just wanted to clarify where I'm able.

In other news, since I do now have the official lyrics for Iginari Tohoku San's first album, I will be going through and translating all of their songs. I'll be posting them in the Translations section for all who are interested.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I finally decided to buy a real video capture program. The bonus is that I can now make higher quality gifs. Ebichu has some cute moments on "Kannai Devil" where they're regular guests, but the videos don't allow playback on other websites, so I couldn't use my usually free resources to make gifs. Here a sample of what I'm working on.

oIn4Uvw.gif

I'll probably make a post on my blog after I create them all so I don't overload the forum.

Top Bottom