The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoclo will be on Music Fair on the 30th of January and CDTV on the 1st of February! It feels like it's been a while since they were on a music show to promote a song.

Also about Batten they just released bts videos from their OiSA mv

It's quite interesting but it strikes me how terrible the mask handling is. People covering only the mouth, moving it around etc but thankfully they were mostly outside and cases were low back then.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoclo will be on Utacon on the 2nd

Looks like they will have some talk with Nogizaka46

Momoclo had an Abema live stream recently where they played Mario Kart and talked to fans. There was also a JA Namie stream some day later to celebrate Luna's coming of age. Apparently Aarin wants to get a motorcycle license and become a gamer (Youtube streams pls)

I also made a thread with some backstage photos of the Stardust girls at the Hurricane Maria play

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I need some live perfs of Chainon to get a better appreciation of the costumes. There's so much detail in them. Hopefully Momoclo will wear them on Utacon. They just appeared today on a YouTube live stream for "Weather News Live" to promote Chainon, but it hasn't been archived and I'm not sure if they performed or just talked.

Akarin is going to appear in the movie "Shin Ultraman". She pops up throughout the trailer, but you can see her clearly at 19:00 staring at a computer screen wearing glasses.

Regarding the poor mask handling from the Batten Showjo Tai making of, it's really surprising considering the mask culture in Asia. I know this was filmed months ago, but with the mutant strains of covid making their way around the world, they need to be smarter about this and stay safe.

The concept fits them (Amefurasshi) too. Crown Pop's latest single also fit them better. Avex could be a good fit for Amefurasshi but I'm not sure if they're looking for new artists now given their circumstances.

I found out a bit more about the stage and it also includes Shachi's Yuzuki in the main role and 2 members of Iginari Tohoku San (Sakura & Karen).

What's Aki's channel going to be about? So far it seems to be school themed with her sitting at a desk.

Probably because they consider it to not be directly related to the group unlike Aki's. If we also consider Shachi's case, their members all had photobooks but they were made as a series and as such they can be considered group activities. Hitoka is the most well-known member of Tokisen and this PB an opportunity she got thanks to being a Seventeen model.

I don't understand what happened at the end of the video but it was cute. Did she get emotional because the shoot was ending and she was thankful? She's slowly becomingmy favourite Tokisen member.

As far as Aki's channel, the first videos all seem to have been shot on the same day. They mostly focus on what her interests are and what she'd like to do. She's written things on the white board like: Food, Video Games, Cosplay, and High School Fashion among other things. Your guess is as good as mine as to what the format will be. Based on Aki's hairstyle, this looks like the first video she filmed on a different day. She's doing calligraphy to write down her 2021 aspirations. Apparently, she hadn't done it in a while and was nervous. Aki wrote the characters "猪突猛進" for "Chototsumoshin" which translates to "Rushing head long". I'm not sure how it applies to her aspirations, but maybe she wants to give everything she has in 2021.

I would agree that Hitoka was probably just overwhelmed since it's her first photo book. You make a good point about Shachi's photobooks being promoted on their official channel and twitter since it was a group project.

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Thought I should make this a separate post. I really like Shiori's outfit on the recent Folk Village. It's rare to see members not wearing their group colors and I love a good white shirt.

Awww! were also there and it looks like they have new costumes. They almost look like a suit and dress at the same time, lol.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
And one last post. Momoclo released a live MV for "Get Z, Go!!!" from MomocloMania to promote the new Cheer Song Album. I don't think I've heard this song that much. I really like it.

And in other Momoclo related news, they're releasing a special set of binoculars, the "MCZ LIVE SCOPE". They're good for sports, other live events, and astronomical observation. It retails at 8,800 Yen, so about $84.00. I kind of want it just for the packaging, but it's a bit too pricey for me, lol.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I need some live perfs of Chainon to get a better appreciation of the costumes. There's so much detail in them. Hopefully Momoclo will wear them on Utacon. They just appeared today on a YouTube live stream for "Weather News Live" to promote Chainon, but it hasn't been archived and I'm not sure if they performed or just talked.

Akarin is going to appear in the movie "Shin Ultraman". She pops up throughout the trailer, but you can see her clearly at 19:00 staring at a computer screen wearing glasses.

Regarding the poor mask handling from the Batten Showjo Tai making of, it's really surprising considering the mask culture in Asia. I know this was filmed months ago, but with the mutant strains of covid making their way around the world, they need to be smarter about this and stay safe.

As far as Aki's channel, the first videos all seem to have been shot on the same day. They mostly focus on what her interests are and what she'd like to do. She's written things on the white board like: Food, Video Games, Cosplay, and High School Fashion among other things. Your guess is as good as mine as to what the format will be. Based on Aki's hairstyle, this looks like the first video she filmed on a different day. She's doing calligraphy to write down her 2021 aspirations. Apparently, she hadn't done it in a while and was nervous. Aki wrote the characters "猪突猛進" for "Chototsumoshin" which translates to "Rushing head long". I'm not sure how it applies to her aspirations, but maybe she wants to give everything she has in 2021.

I would agree that Hitoka was probably just overwhelmed since it's her first photo book. You make a good point about Shachi's photobooks being promoted on their official channel and twitter since it was a group project.

Good to see Akarin doing well! There seems to be a lot of interest in the movie, the trailer already has over a million views.

Since I don't understand any Japanese I'd like it if she did some gaming videos/streams. Not necessarily Aki, any Stardust Planet idol would be fine. If I understood anything then I'd also be interested in anime/manga.

Chainon live performances should start popping up on Youtube about now since they had their first performance earlier today, but they might be low definition.

And one last post. Momoclo released a live MV for "Get Z, Go!!!" from MomocloMania to promote the new Cheer Song Album. I don't think I've heard this song that much. I really like it.

And in other Momoclo related news, they're releasing a special set of binoculars, the "MCZ LIVE SCOPE". They're good for sports, other live events, and astronomical observation. It retails at 8,800 Yen, so about $84.00. I kind of want it just for the packaging, but it's a bit too pricey for me, lol.

I missed this one since it was only up for 24 hours but I also love Get Z, Go! It was one of my picks in the live album vote and I was happy it made it :pandasantacookie:
As you say it's a rare one. The live album was the first time it was ever released digitally, and this will be the first time the studio version is released.

Speaking of Tanaka Masahiro, the person behind the album is leaving NY Yankees for Japan. The New York times published an article about him leaving and Momoclo made a surprise appearance in the second photo.

merlin_156656568_102e4ade-ae7e-468d-a095-c7594bd6e4ec-superJumbo.jpg

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Batten's Just Mean It! now has a MV! :palove:

I also noticed that their management has put subs on a lot of their videos, including the MV!

And if you want to see the CDTV episode Momoclo was on, you can find it here.
They performed Tsukiiro Chainon and Hoero, and the other performers were Kyary and Kiss My Feet.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Oh right Batten's Seta Sakura turned 18 and they released a video to celebrate it. If you have a VR headset, you can watch her pelt you with ping pong balls and stuff for some reason

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Maimai apologized and will be suspending her activities after making a "very inappropriate comment"* during Tacoyaki Rainbow's live stream on January 26.
Tacoyaki Rainbow will continue as a quartet for the moment.

* I don't know the full details but it seems to be related to medieval Japanese social status system. She seems to have used the term etahinin.

魑魅魍魎、餓鬼の話題になって
Saki「餓鬼って何?」
Maimai 「今で言うエタヒニンの事や!」

In more positive news, Batten's Haruno Kiina secured a role in a Kyushu Toyota commercial playing an 80s idol

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Batten uploaded a Swingin'Time performance video on youtube ahead of their DVD/BR release!

In other news Momoclo's spring concert has been postponed for another year and their valentine's concert has been postponed until April.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
12 stories from the OiSA MV filming (with English subs)

It's mostly Ai, Seta and Riko and some stories are better than other but I thought it was worth watching

They also released a lot of new videos from their Bluray

OTOMEdeshite

Over

Dancer in the night

Happy

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Yeah, I really liked those live perfs when they popped up in my recommendations! So they're just going by Batten Girls now? I don't know if their YouTube channel is new of if they just change the name, but I subbed so I don't miss out on their vids.

Batten's Just Mean It! now has a MV! :palove:

I also noticed that their management has put subs on a lot of their videos, including the MV!

And if you want to see the CDTV episode Momoclo was on, you can find it here.
They performed Tsukiiro Chainon and Hoero, and the other performers were Kyary and Kiss My Feet.

I've been out of the Stardust loop the past couple of weeks and just discovered the new MV today. Love their new sound! Just like with Amefurasshi, I'm happy to see Batten Girls grow and experiment ❤️

Maimai apologized and will be suspending her activities after making a "very inappropriate comment"* during Tacoyaki Rainbow's live stream on January 26.
Tacoyaki Rainbow will continue as a quartet for the moment.

* I don't know the full details but it seems to be related to medieval Japanese social status system. She seems to have used the term etahinin.

魑魅魍魎、餓鬼の話題になって
Saki「餓鬼って何?」
Maimai 「今で言うエタヒニンの事や!」

In more positive news, Batten's Haruno Kiina secured a role in a Kyushu Toyota commercial playing an 80s idol

Sad to hear about Maimai. Eta and Hinin refer to the lowest social classes in ancient Japan. From what I read, "hinin" has several meanings. It can mean "non human" or "outcast". The first instance of the word having a negative context came up during the Heian period. In the year 842, a man named Tachibana Hayana was charged with treason and the Emperor took away his surname gave him "hinin" as his new one. It's a very complicated subject, so I'll leave it at that. Sounds like she made a big faux pas. Hopefully, she'll be able to move past it and return to the group.

Happy to hear about Kiina's commercial. Maybe it will get Batten Girls more attention.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I might have forgotten to post it so I'll do it now. Ebichu's Hinata will be forming/performing in a band for her birthday live!

Momoclo's Tsukiiro Chainon single/album is also out on international streaming services now, so not just the song

Yeah, I really liked those live perfs when they popped up in my recommendations! So they're just going by Batten Girls now? I don't know if their YouTube channel is new of if they just change the name, but I subbed so I don't miss out on their vids.

I've been out of the Stardust loop the past couple of weeks and just discovered the new MV today. Love their new sound! Just like with Amefurasshi, I'm happy to see Batten Girls grow and experiment ❤️

Sad to hear about Maimai. Eta and Hinin refer to the lowest social classes in ancient Japan. From what I read, "hinin" has several meanings. It can mean "non human" or "outcast". The first instance of the word having a negative context came up during the Heian period. In the year 842, a man named Tachibana Hayana was charged with treason and the Emperor took away his surname gave him "hinin" as his new one. It's a very complicated subject, so I'll leave it at that. Sounds like she made a big faux pas. Hopefully, she'll be able to move past it and return to the group.

Happy to hear about Kiina's commercial. Maybe it will get Batten Girls more attention.
I liked them a lot too, especially OTOMEdeshite and Swingin'Time but they're all good. They changed their official English name last summer! The youtube channel is from march but I'm pretty sure they added the English channel name translation recently. I also love the sound, their latest album is very solid all in all. Their previous album was also pretty decent iirc.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I was thinking I might try to collate Stardust Planet performances in some way inspired by the recent Batten performances. At first my idea was to make one for Batten Girls but I might do it for all of Stardust Planet? But it's a lot so we'll see and I'm not currently all that excited about looking for performances from some of the groups so maybe it'd have to be in installments. Maybe separate threads? Or one with separate posts per group and leaving some out for the moment... It would have to be official videos but I'd also filter it because there's just too much even then.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Batten Girls' Oisa MV views have skyrocketed in the last month.

It's been used as an add on youtube and maybe also getting into recommended lists and has gained several hundred thousand views in the last few weeks. It's now at 870k. They also did this with videos from their 5th anniversary concert last summer also have a ton of views, with their Yoka Yoka Dance video standing out with 2 million views. Yet another sign of Stardust investing in them after they went independent, it's good to see.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Some more live performances:

Jan!Jan!Jan!

Distance

Tsukiiro Chainon

There are also some signs that Maimai will be returning soon. Sakura posted this picture with her

and more importantly Taconiji announced performances in March. I can't see them holding them without her.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
The album trailer for Tanaka Masahiro sounds great! (as expected looking at the tracklist)

Team Shachi also revealed that they have some big things planned for fall: a concert at Pacifico Yokohama and a new album!

Aww's second single "Maybe" is released today

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Four of Momoclo's live performances (of songs from the Tanaka Masahiro album) were made public on Youtube!

DNA Rhapsody

Itsudatte Chousensha

GET Z, GO!!!

Katte ni kimi ni

This time hopefully not for a limited time. I think my favourite performance is Itsudatte Chousensha, they're all good even if the Katte ni Kimi ni performance is a bit shaky.

ukka also released the new song Wings which they'll perform on their upcoming tour with the same name

Top Bottom