The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I just want to say that I love what they did at the beginning of that Batten performance (from 10:00)! It was a great way to build suspense and a perfect fit with the song.

The new members:

Rirua (pink)
EyBjFc9UYAAkYX6

Miyu (blue)
EyBjFjoVIAUTVn2

Their singing was slightly jarring but it should improve as they get more experience. I think they'll be good additions to the group.

That live Iginari perf for the anniversary of the earthquake you posted was great! They've improved allot as singers. I really like their new costumes (the stripes remind me of prison uniforms), but I can't find a good group shot. This is the best I could come up with.

iginaritouhokusan.jpg

Last I checked they're were still taking profile photos, so maybe they haven't released the official group shots yet. I'd love to see them do a prison escape themed MV.

That's horrible to hear how the women have been treated by the Olympic committee. I didn't know if the games were still going forward until recently so I hadn't looked for any reports. I can't say I'm too surprised, but it's disappointing that this kind of behavior still happens. I guess the Olympics are such a big deal that the men's club felt the need to exclude all the pesky women so they don't ruin it. *Sigh... Keeping my fingers crossed Momoclo are still involved one way or another.

I kept seeing that Shachi video pop up in my recommendations, but I ignored it because I thought they were just chatting. Now I have to go back and check it out.

They've all been very busy lately. Shiori looks very comfortable in the tractor!

If I get to see Kanako wearing a suit on a regular basis then I fully support her role as a lawyer. She looks good in glasses too!

They took my advice, lol!

The new Iginari outfits really are great! It's nice to see them back as a full group too.

Yes it was super disappointing. Shuukan B*nsh*n has released some details from the original Opening ceremony plan and it seems to have been dance focused starring Daichi Miura and a female dancer. I'm unsure how the reception to the new ceremony will be due to all the controversy surrounding the event. It better be good since most Japanese are against holding the event now.

They were really quick too! I wonder if we'll get new ukka members too.

And while we're talking about Shiori she will be the main character as Momoclo return to Ichiza this fall!

I love the poster, it seems to be about time travel
EyCbGAeVcAQaG8I

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
From the best news to the most surprising. Momoclo's Joshiraku ending, Nippon Egao Hyakkei is going viral internationally, mostly thanks to Tik Tok.

There are more than 140k videos on tiktok using part of the audio

As an example:

It also made its way to Youtube. This video has gotten 7.4 million views in less than two months and most of them the last 2 weeks.

This has 2 million views and 100k likes too

This is a perfect time to make the song available on Spotify. And all the other missing songs while they're at it :pandasantacookie:
With the song officially being by "Momokurotei Ichimon" and the anime dance being the most viewed video it seems like most interest and curiosity is in Joshiraku. Other Joshiraku videos have also gotten a lot of views as weebs anime fans are curious about the video. But the anime is also hard to come by and has stright copyright claims, a 10 hour video of NEH was taken down after hitting 4 million views some days ago. What strange times.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
BOLT released the mv for their second single Smile Flower

It's not an instant hit with me but I can see it growing on me. I think they have the most consistent sound in Stardust.

JA Namie held an event today which I'll use as an excuse to post this photo of Aarin and Chiho
EyxogxmVgAEsUXZ

:heartublob:

And a quick update on some stuff
Tokisen held a stream for their sixth anniversary and announced a summer release and Julia started instagram
Iginari Tohoku San will release their second album "TOKYO INVADER" on June 6!
Ebichu's Hinata also started instagram
ukka's Moa Serizawa appeared in a Microsoft Windows web CM
TEAM SHACHI revealed their Youtube project, HACHA-MECHA channel

Looks promising!

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Taconiji will disband next month :(
All 5 members will "graduate" from the group following their free concert "Over The Tacoyaki Rainbow" on the 9th of May to start a "recharging period" where they focus on individual activities. But there's light at the end of the rainbow. They've promised to return as five later under a new name.

Official announcement:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
this is a funny and cute video of Batten Showjo Tai working out with Billy from Billy's Bootcamp

and idk if you know Carlos Tevez but he used to be one of the best paid footballers in the world so this feels a bit surreal

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
TEAM SHACHI are releasing a digital single on the fifth

The Ebichu member auditions are also in their final stage

(this is the first youtube video, it's part of a series)
these are the finalists
EziinGcX0AQ3ojo

EzvOsrsVkAEybi1

Tohoku's "Tokyo Invader" album looks good
EztrQ89UUAQCgei

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I'm sorry I've been absent from the thread. I needed a bit of a break from Stardust Planet and other Japanese music related topics. I have been checking in here and there with a few groups, but for the most part I went cold turkey, lol.

That's fantastic that Ayaka's cancer is in remission!!! I hope she'll be able to return full time to Ebichu in the near future, but I'm just glad she's made it through the worst of it and is recovering!

:partydogo:

I watched some of the auditions for Ebichu. There's some really talented dancers trying out, but I don't know if their style fits the group. A little bit too sexy for Idols, lol.

From the best news to the most surprising. Momoclo's Joshiraku ending, Nippon Egao Hyakkei is going viral internationally, mostly thanks to Tik Tok.

There are more than 140k videos on tiktok using part of the audio

As an example:

It also made its way to Youtube. This video has gotten 7.4 million views in less than two months and most of them the last 2 weeks.

This has 2 million views and 100k likes too

This is a perfect time to make the song available on Spotify. And all the other missing songs while they're at it :pandasantacookie:
With the song officially being by "Momokurotei Ichimon" and the anime dance being the most viewed video it seems like most interest and curiosity is in Joshiraku. Other Joshiraku videos have also gotten a lot of views as weebs anime fans are curious about the video. But the anime is also hard to come by and has stright copyright claims, a 10 hour video of NEH was taken down after hitting 4 million views some days ago. What strange times.

You can never tell what will go viral. The YouTube video is up to 16 million+ views now! It would definitely be smart to make the song available on Spotify. They shouldn't waste this opportunity. I don't know if there's an issue because the song features Momoka. I'm one of the few people who still doesn't have a spotify account, so I don't know how much of Momoclo's catalogue is available. How many songs are pre-Diamond Four and not re-recorded?

Taconiji will disband next month :(
All 5 members will "graduate" from the group following their free concert "Over The Tacoyaki Rainbow" on the 9th of May to start a "recharging period" where they focus on individual activities. But there's light at the end of the rainbow. They've promised to return as five later under a new name.

Official announcement:

That's sad to hear, but they've lost allot of momentum so I understand their decision. I like the idea of focusing on individual activities and then reuniting under a new name. It gives them a chance to reinvent themselves and start a whole new chapter.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoclo are streaming Momoclo Mania 2019 rn, it's only a few songs in but the setlist is already great
I'm sorry I've been absent from the thread. I needed a bit of a break from Stardust Planet and other Japanese music related topics. I have been checking in here and there with a few groups, but for the most part I went cold turkey, lol.

That's fantastic that Ayaka's cancer is in remission!!! I hope she'll be able to return full time to Ebichu in the near future, but I'm just glad she's made it through the worst of it and is recovering!

:partydogo:

I watched some of the auditions for Ebichu. There's some really talented dancers trying out, but I don't know if their style fits the group. A little bit too sexy for Idols, lol.

You can never tell what will go viral. The YouTube video is up to 16 million+ views now! It would definitely be smart to make the song available on Spotify. They shouldn't waste this opportunity. I don't know if there's an issue because the song features Momoka. I'm one of the few people who still doesn't have a spotify account, so I don't know how much of Momoclo's catalogue is available. How many songs are pre-Diamond Four and not re-recorded?

That's sad to hear, but they've lost allot of momentum so I understand their decision. I like the idea of focusing on individual activities and then reuniting under a new name. It gives them a chance to reinvent themselves and start a whole new chapter.
You don't have to apologize! I'm happy you're back but you shouldn't feel like it's a chore to be here. I know from when I was a kpop fan it can be a bit overwhelming to keep up at times and then it's better to take a back seat.

It's available on Spotify now. As it turns out it was already available but with the Japanese title and under the alias Momokurotei Ichimon. Hakkin no Yoake, Amaranthus, their best-of album and the winter song collection are all on Spotify so most of their early singles are there but some b-sides are missing. They will actually release a new remake collection digitally soon and one of the songs will be NEH. I hope they don't take away the old version, it would be a mistake.

About Taconiji their final concert has been postponed for a couple months due to the state of emergency. I think Ebichu and Momoclo's concerts are also hit but they might hold them digitally.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
This is a great live perf of TokiSen's "Heart Seeker" from late March. They're really on fire here.

And another pic of Kanako from her upcoming drama "Kotaro Lives Alone".

Based on the drama's page on TV Asahi, it looks like more of an ensemble piece.

Momoclo are streaming Momoclo Mania 2019 rn, it's only a few songs in but the setlist is already great

You don't have to apologize! I'm happy you're back but you shouldn't feel like it's a chore to be here. I know from when I was a kpop fan it can be a bit overwhelming to keep up at times and then it's better to take a back seat.

It's available on Spotify now. As it turns out it was already available but with the Japanese title and under the alias Momokurotei Ichimon. Hakkin no Yoake, Amaranthus, their best-of album and the winter song collection are all on Spotify so most of their early singles are there but some b-sides are missing. They will actually release a new remake collection digitally soon and one of the songs will be NEH. I hope they don't take away the old version, it would be a mistake.

About Taconiji their final concert has been postponed for a couple months due to the state of emergency. I think Ebichu and Momoclo's concerts are also hit but they might hold them digitally.

Thanks for reminding me about Momoclo Mania! I'll have to see if the stream is archived.

Yeah, it can become overwhelming. In the past, I had a habit of trying to follow every group in a company, but all that does is wear you out. Now I just follow the groups I really like. I'd rather fully enjoy a small number of groups instead of having limited enjoyment of 20+ groups, lol.

I saw the announcements for Ebichu and Momoclo's upcoming concerts, but that came right before the new state of emergency. As of now, Ebichu still seem to be holding Famien, but no word if it will be virtual.

Ebichu's new members revealed!

E0n35MLVIAMUUFB

Kokona, Yuno, Nonoka

They look so small in that first pic. They make the older Ebichu members look like giants! I think the girl on the far left is the oldest of the three. She's about 16. I was happy to read in the second tweet that they mention "9" members, so Ayaka was there in spirit! I wonder if she'll be well enough to participate in Famien?

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Taconiji officially disbanded today but since their last concerts couldn't be held they will hold them in July instead. They're also asking fans for suggestions for a new name once they reunite later.

I saw some fan suggest that maybe they want to be less restricted to Osaka so they can have more activities in Tokyo where most of the Japanese entertainment industry is located.

Shiori tested positive for covid-19 today after having mild symptoms. Momoclo members and managers all tested negative, but its possible that they get symptoms later. Get better soon Shiorin!

She has been on TV a bit lately so it's possible she got infected there. Here she is when she guested on a program about the most popular Crayon Shin-chan songs. She seemed really happy to see XyX in second place!

And while I'm at it I'll link this twitter gif from what I think was a Sophistance stream

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Didn't Shiori test positive once before for Covid? Sorry to hear she got it again. She has to be more careful moving forward.

I've been meaning to post this. I found this Ebichu MV for their song "Ume" last month. The strange thing is that it was uploaded to a fan account back in January. I don't remember ever seeing this video before , but the costumes were familiar. However I could have sworn they wore them a while ago. I did some investigating and discovered this was the "Reiwa Era" version that they released on May 1st, 2019 after the official change over to the new era. The song got popular because the character for Ume was used in the Reiwa announcement so it must have come up in related searches.

I assumed the costumes at the time were just for the tour and didn't realize they were paying tribute to the ones they wore in the original MV released back in 2013. Maybe I never saw the new video because it was uploaded to twitter. I checked Ebichu's official YouTube channel and this video is nowhere to be found. Anyway, I thought I'd share it here since it' a really cool song and gives more context that period of group activities. I'm just going to link it since it's not their official channel: "Ume" (Reiwa Era version).

Momoclo also released this weird mini concert presented by Sophistance. It's part of their collaboration with Prince Hotel where they perform at the Shinagawa location's Aqua Park. It's a fun little show and I always enjoy seeing them perform "Hoero".

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Shiori is a Chula confirmed (aka latest Hustle Press)
E1ZACs4UcAEuEAH

Kanako's drama seems to have started and there's something familiar about the crest on the "drumsticks" and the drum/taiko
E1WHjXPVUAMFzDx

It also looks like Iginari Tohoku San will release a MV on the 19th

Didn't Shiori test positive once before for Covid? Sorry to hear she got it again. She has to be more careful moving forward.

I've been meaning to post this. I found this Ebichu MV for their song "Ume" last month. The strange thing is that it was uploaded to a fan account back in January. I don't remember ever seeing this video before , but the costumes were familiar. However I could have sworn they wore them a while ago. I did some investigating and discovered this was the "Reiwa Era" version that they released on May 1st, 2019 after the official change over to the new era. The song got popular because the character for Ume was used in the Reiwa announcement so it must have come up in related searches.

I assumed the costumes at the time were just for the tour and didn't realize they were paying tribute to the ones they wore in the original MV released back in 2013. Maybe I never saw the new video because it was uploaded to twitter. I checked Ebichu's official YouTube channel and this video is nowhere to be found. Anyway, I thought I'd share it here since it' a really cool song and gives more context that period of group activities. I'm just going to link it since it's not their official channel: "Ume" (Reiwa Era version).

Momoclo also released this weird mini concert presented by Sophistance. It's part of their collaboration with Prince Hotel where they perform at the Shinagawa location's Aqua Park. It's a fun little show and I always enjoy seeing them perform "Hoero".
Shiori was only a close contact back then. In the end her test came out negative. I missed the Aqua Park show so I'm thankful that they uploaded it later to celebrate 500k subscribers.

Nice find with the Ume video! If I were to guess it was probably released with one of their albums/singles or uploaded for their fanclub.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Happy 13th anniversary! :heartublob:

Shiori also updated her SNS!

She's feeling a bit better!

Finally they released a lyric video for Monokuro Dessan from the new self-cover album

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I forgot that Shiori had only been a close contact the first time. I'm glad she's feeling better! Take care of yourself Shiori. I don't want any more scares :sanapray:

Shiori is a Chula confirmed (aka latest Hustle Press)
E1ZACs4UcAEuEAH

Kanako's drama seems to have started and there's something familiar about the crest on the "drumsticks" and the drum/taiko
E1WHjXPVUAMFzDx

It also looks like Iginari Tohoku San will release a MV on the 19th

Shiori was only a close contact back then. In the end her test came out negative. I missed the Aqua Park show so I'm thankful that they uploaded it later to celebrate 500k subscribers.

Nice find with the Ume video! If I were to guess it was probably released with one of their albums/singles or uploaded for their fanclub.

Speaking of Taiko Drums, Momoclo is collaborating with "Taiko no Tatsujin" for the game's 20th Anniversary. They're contributing "Tsukiiro Chainon" that can be played in various versions of the game.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Had to post this great perf of TokiSen's "Suki! (I like it!)". The Sanrio venue and mascots really suit the song and Hitoka (Tokimeki Red) sounds amazing. She just keeps getting better!

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Shiori has recovered from Covid and will be returning to activities!

Iginari Tohoku San released a new MV for the song "Ujira to Omedazu"

It's a very uptempo song, I believe the MV is based on some game. It's catchy.

There's also a new official Hashire! live video (from the 10th anniversary concert)

Had to post this great perf of TokiSen's "Suki! (I like it!)". The Sanrio venue and mascots really suit the song and Hitoka (Tokimeki Red) sounds amazing. She just keeps getting better!

I like it! :pandasantacookie:
And I appreciate that they put English lyrics.
ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski

Hiyori, Hitoka and Koharu all sound great!
They released a
performance compilation video too. It seems like the song is being used on tiktok. Stardust management or their record labels are slowly getting a bit better at this online thing with uploading videos and subs, except Momoclo management/King which were slow out of the gate imo. Tokisen/Batten management are killing it though.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
If Shiori did nothing last year she's really making up for lost ground this year!

She will feature in the movie "Machi no Tom & Sawyer":
E2GudrGUUAEqvY6

E2GlwYNVcAMbbjO

She will be playing Julius Warner, a game developer/programmer.
E2GueQ8UYAMfgXK

E2GzLx_VcAIeIIC

It looks like she's a villain

I think it's about time I make a Shiori thread too

Top Bottom