Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I'm so ready!!!

:partydogo:

It happened!! :partydogo:
In a news article about the release of ZZ's II the news site mentioned Momoclo's 6th album before it was quickly taken down so I had a hunch it was coming! I'm sure this was originally supposed to be revealed during the 13th anniversary stream which was postponed due to Shiori being sick.
I wonder if this is a teaser about the contents of the album? The start is a very blatant Paramount ripoff homage but I wonder about the galaxy in the end.

Will we see a continuation of the BIRTH O BIRTH / Neo Stargate story? Are we getting Milky Way 2.0? Only time will tell!

Anyway I'm really looking forward to it :bakacat:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
So they accidentally leaked it? I was out of the loop at that point so it's nice that I was still able to be surprised. I wonder how far they've gotten with the production of the album? I imagine at the very least all the vocals have been recorded. With the release coming in the near future, we should get the first MV some time this summer!

As far as concept, I also noticed them utilizing the movie trailer in the teaser. iirc, the concept for the last album was "Stage" so it was pretty simple. This time I'd love to see them do something really high concept and revisit some of their more fantastic ideas or do something totally new.

Shiori has recovered from Covid and will be returning to activities!

Iginari Tohoku San released a new MV for the song "Ujira to Omedazu"

It's a very uptempo song, I believe the MV is based on some game. It's catchy.

There's also a new official Hashire! live video (from the 10th anniversary concert)

I like it! :pandasantacookie:
And I appreciate that they put English lyrics.
ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski

Hiyori, Hitoka and Koharu a
They released a
performance compilation video too. It seems like the song is being used on tiktok. Stardust management or their record labels are slowly getting a bit better at this online thing with uploading videos and subs, except Momoclo management/King which were slow out of the gate imo. Tokisen/Batten management are killing it though.

Glad Shiori has recovered!

I really like the frenetic pace and rapid fire singing of "Ujira to Omedazu". Yeah, the concept for the MV seems like a dating simulator. It's weird that they didn't wear the prison costumes for the live concert segment and instead showcased a whole other style. On a side note, it kind of drives me crazy how much Yuna changes her hair. She goes from blond to black and back to blond again. Now she's got dark brown hair. It's good to give your hair a break from bleaching, but she looks so good as blond I want her to stay that way all the time. I guess I'm just too selfish, lol.

If Shiori did nothing last year she's really making up for lost ground this year!

She will feature in the movie "Machi no Tom & Sawyer":
E2GudrGUUAEqvY6

E2GlwYNVcAMbbjO

She will be playing Julius Warner, a game developer/programmer.
E2GueQ8UYAMfgXK

E2GzLx_VcAIeIIC

It looks like she's a villain

I think it's about time I make a Shiori thread too

Continuing the hair discussion, I know it's a wig, but Shiori looks great with that style. It's similar to what she had a couple years ago. She should totally adopt this look for Momoclo. Anyway, it's exciting to see both Kanako and Shiori acting in dramas in the same year.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Team Shachi have new costumes. I don't know why their designer likes to add such garish details like the oversized sleeves that don't match. They'd look so much nicer if that element was left out. It makes me wonder if they have two designers since they also wear very streamlined/futuristic costumes that are more uniform.

In other costume related news, I finally found some good pics of Iginari Tohoku San's prison ones. Still holding out hope they'll release a prison break MV :PolicePar:

EoD2VdVUcAEF4C3.jpg

EoD2V8wUUAAuWHI.jpg

Last edited:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
So they accidentally leaked it? I was out of the loop at that point so it's nice that I was still able to be surprised. I wonder how far they've gotten with the production of the album? I imagine at the very least all the vocals have been recorded. With the release coming in the near future, we should get the first MV some time this summer!

As far as concept, I also noticed them utilizing the movie trailer in the teaser. iirc, the concept for the last album was "Stage" so it was pretty simple. This time I'd love to see them do something really high concept and revisit some of their more fantastic ideas or do something totally new.

Glad Shiori has recovered!

I really like the frenetic pace and rapid fire singing of "Ujira to Omedazu". Yeah, the concept for the MV seems like a dating simulator. It's weird that they didn't wear the prison costumes for the live concert segment and instead showcased a whole other style. On a side note, it kind of drives me crazy how much Yuna changes her hair. She goes from blond to black and back to blond again. Now she's got dark brown hair. It's good to give your hair a break from bleaching, but she looks so good as blond I want her to stay that way all the time. I guess I'm just too selfish, lol.

Continuing the hair discussion, I know it's a wig, but Shiori looks great with that style. It's similar to what she had a couple years ago. She should totally adopt this look for Momoclo. Anyway, it's exciting to see both Kanako and Shiori acting in dramas in the same year.
I think so! I was actually starting to wonder if it was just a mistake and they thought ZZ's II was the sixth album. So I was very happy to see it be true!
I read something about shooting a MV on twitter but it might have just been Aarin shooting for JA Namie (they're releasing their first MV on July 1). I don't think we'll get a new Momoclo MV this summer since JA Namie will have a release and Aarin will hold Ayaka Nation, but if it happens it will probably be in August. Maybe the new song/MV will be performed in their stage play.

I haven't kept up with Tohoku San's costumes but maybe the live video was shot before they got the new outfits? I liked her hair, it made her stand out and she was one of the first members I recognized. The song has grown on me too, it's catchy! Their new album drops on Sunday btw. Idk where/how it will be available, but I hope it's on international music services because I've liked what I've heard from them so far.

The boy Shiori is playing in that movie is apparently younger than the BOLT kids :squirtlechristmas:

Actually they're probably taller than her by now

Speaking of Shiori I think she's looked fantastic lately with her hair in a ponytail
E2fO_JaVUAMdeGQ

But hair down works too
E2ihtXxVkAM6UrU

I think I prefer her hair black, or maybe it's just nice that it's starting to get out of that awkward middle length

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Team Shachi have new costumes. I don't know why their designer likes to add such garish details like the oversized sleeves that don't match. They'd look so much nicer if that element was left out. It makes me wonder if they have two designers since they also wear very streamlined/futuristic costumes that are more uniform.

In other costume related news, I finally found some good pics of Iginari Tohoku San's prison ones. Still holding out hope they'll release a prison break MV :PolicePar:

EoD2VdVUcAEF4C3.jpg

EoD2V8wUUAAuWHI.jpg

Idk but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same designer. Those outfits were originally made for Jibungoto which had a very strange song and MV where the outfits fit in. It looks a bit different because the Jibungoto MV had a filter which gave it a more muted appearance. I think the outfits look largely similar to the Rock Away / Rocket Queen / Spectacle Streaming Show ZERO looks but it's a step further.

Iginari's album is called Tokyo Invader so there better be something like it :PolicePar:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
This Youtube channel asked Stardust fans to vote for their favorite Stardust songs not by Momoclo or Ebichu.

The result is interesting, especially first place!

And a quick news roundup:
Aarin will release 2 songs digitally on her birthday and she's going to hold Ayaka nation this year
Iginari Tohoku San released their second album Tokyo Invader today, it doesn't seem to be out on international music services yet

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
It's really strange. I made a whole post about TokiSen's solo concert a couple weeks ago, but I don't see it anywhere. I even checked my content and it's not there. Did any posts get deleted because of a bug?

Anyway, I'm glad that Oisa continues to get Batten Girls attention. It's such an unusual song and easily gets stuck in your head.

In another missing post, I shared some updates from TokiSen's twitter that "Suki!" is charting really well. Nice to see the Stardust Groups doing so well. They're easy to repost:

At the end of May, "Suki!" was ranked #10 on LINE for the week.

Around the same time, it was also #8 on the Usen Hit J-Pop ranking.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Two new Aarin songs are out, "A-rin Kingdom" and "Specializer". Specializer is an appearance song for the puninofu baseball player.
Momoclo will also hold a physical summer concert this year but with a reduced capacity, while Ayaka Nation will be streamed online.

It's really strange. I made a whole post about TokiSen's solo concert a couple weeks ago, but I don't see it anywhere. I even checked my content and it's not there. Did any posts get deleted because of a bug?

Anyway, I'm glad that Oisa continues to get Batten Girls attention. It's such an unusual song and easily gets stuck in your head.

In another missing post, I shared some updates from TokiSen's twitter that "Suki!" is charting really well. Nice to see the Stardust Groups doing so well. They're easy to repost:

At the end of May, "Suki!" was ranked #10 on LINE for the week.

Around the same time, it was also #8 on the Usen Hit J-Pop ranking.

Yes, the forum was down for a couple days due to finding a security vulnerability and it seems like some posts were lost. I also had a similar experience when I wasn't sure if I'd imagined posting a thread or not. And when I wrote the post about Oisa charting on USEN I thought of your post and noticed it was gone.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
E4UzUDSVcAQt2Ap

Tomorrow is Reni's birthday and she promised a (big) announcement! Fans are speculating that she's getting married (it doesn't get much bigger) or a solo album. A solo concert also seems possible or maybe a drama/stage role. We'll have to wait and see!

She will also appear on Yuzuhime's room on the same day!

Oh and Momoclo will release a Nippon Egao Hyakkei MV.

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
The live version of "Suki!" just hit 1M views!!! This song is really blowing up. I'll have to double check, but I think this is TokiSen's first video to hit this landmark. In addition, the version they did at the Sanrio venue is closing in on 500k views.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Ebichu's performed Nanairo on The First Take is Ebichu's last as 6 and Ayaka's return to entertainment!

They also had an interview

And Ayaka was interviewed by Natalie

They released the video today because it's Rina's birthday

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
TokiSen released a new live video for the song "Uteki no Uta". It's a re-recording of the original 2016 song that's being used for the Abema Drama "Tom and Sawyer" which Shiori is featured in. The video includes footage from the show and reveals that TokiSen also appear in a scene.

Ebichu will appear on The First Take and looks who showed up!!

2 members left in the last year including their leader

I saw the Ebichu video with Ayaka and I had to do a double take. I didn't realize she would lose her hair. Did she say why she went with the green color? Anyway, I love that Ayaka said "Tadaima" which is what Japanese say when they arrive home 💚

Last edited:
Top Bottom