The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I like Girl's Meeting for the most part. I think it would be improved if they removed the tinkling sounds. Did they use a xylophone for that? The song actually reminds of something Koda Kumi would do. I only wish the MV was a little more high budget. And we definitely need an MV for Bunny Gone Bad.

I can't remember. Did Reni release a solo album yet?

I suspected that Hachi might have disbanded. What a shame. They showed so much promise, but their lack of activities didn't bode well for their future. They formed in 2014 only to disband two years after their major debut. Sometimes I wonder if the management of Stardust Planet has a plan for these groups or they just debut them without putting much thought into it.

It reminded me a lot of LDH/E-Girls but you're right it's a bit Kumi too. It seems like unlike the Happy Sweet Birthday video (which was shot at the end of last year I think), this video was shot after the Corona virus lockdown as even the song wasn't finished back then.

Nope, no solo album yet. But things have been looking up for her recently so I wouldn't be surprised if she got one!

I think it's "what do we do with all these trainees? I guess we'll debut them!". Obviously ukka were supposed to join Ebichu, but they don't add members anymore. And no other Stardust group is openly rotational so they end up debuting new groups instead of putting them all into one/a few groups like they'd do in 48G or Hello! Project.

The most recent trend seems to be to start new groups with the remaining members after previous groups disband. RAJ -> BOLT and Hachiroke -> Awww! both (originally) kept 3 members and added two younger girls.

With a rotational group they might get the groups some more name recognition and they wouldn't have to disband when the girls reach university age..

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Here's an Aarinterview with Natalie:

About the songs in her new album, her mom, what she did during the corona lockdown, her last 10 years, how she felt when joining Momoclo etc

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Today is Kanako's birthday!

And here's the obligatory Hustle Press photoshoot~

A-rin also held her online solo concert. Here's the setlist:

A-rin performed Monokuro dessan with sign language, but some parts didn't have obvious translations. Here's the sign language teacher's story behind the performance:

This gives me a bit of hope for a 5 the power performance one day

Taconiji also had a no-audience live

Adding this since I want to read it later

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
This is really cool. It's an a cappella version of the Diamond Four. They've got beatboxers and backup vocalists to handle all the music. This might be the best version!

I liked Kanako's expression at the end of the video, so I made this screencap. Just a little appreciation since she had a birthday,

8lj3JQo.jpg

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoka is releasing the digital single "Runaway" next week!

BST's Dancer In The Night is out

My expectations were a bit too high

Photos from Taconiji's no audience live

And here's an interview with BOLT!

This is really cool. It's an a cappella version of the Diamond Four. They've got beatboxers and backup vocalists to handle all the music. This might be the best version!

I liked Kanako's expression at the end of the video, so I made this screencap. Just a little appreciation since she had a birthday,

8lj3JQo.jpg

Nice!
They also did a version of Ikuze with the red haired beatboxer, Tatsuya.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I'm having writer's block about my half-year review... so it's going to take a bit longer.

In the meanwhile I've updated the OP a bit:
* replaced the member descriptions that were there from the original OH thread
* started adding a discography with official audio/MV youtube links when possible (I also want to do this for Ebichu/Shachi but it's a lot of work so I might not even end up finishing Momoclo, or end up switching to just singles/mvs).
* I haven't updated the group picture but I'd like to find a better one. Poor Shiori.

This all started when I heard some of their old cover songs I hadn't heard before! This made me learn quite a bit more, such as that AKB's Kojiharu was under Stardust at the turn of the century. She was apparently in a group called Angel Eyes :whaaat: and appeared on a variety show (Harajuku Launchers), from which two songs Momoclo covered were taken: Kibun wa Super Girl! and Hello... Goodbye. Ichikawa Miori (from AKB48 and NMB48) was also under Stardust for a bit...

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
MV for Momoka's "Runaway".

I'm having writer's block about my half-year review... so it's going to take a bit longer.

In the meanwhile I've updated the OP a bit:
* replaced the member descriptions that were there from the original OH thread
* started adding a discography with official audio/MV youtube links when possible (I also want to do this for Ebichu/Shachi but it's a lot of work so I might not even end up finishing Momoclo, or end up switching to just singles/mvs).
* I haven't updated the group picture but I'd like to find a better one. Poor Shiori.

This all started when I heard some of their old cover songs I hadn't heard before! This made me learn quite a bit more, such as that AKB's Kojiharu was under Stardust at the turn of the century. She was apparently in a group called Angel Eyes :whaaat: and appeared on a variety show (Harajuku Launchers), from which two songs Momoclo covered were taken: Kibun wa Super Girl! and Hello... Goodbye. Ichikawa Miori (from AKB48 and NMB48) was also under Stardust for a bit...

If you want some help with the half-year review let me know. Maybe I can give you some suggestions.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
MV for Momoka's "Runaway".

If you want some help with the half-year review let me know. Maybe I can give you some suggestions.

I'm not sure how to structure it. I was thinking of mostly writing about the releases, but I'm not sure how much I want to write or how to structure the text as a whole. I might also make another thread later focusing on another aspect of SDP.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Awww had their first live performance!

It's a little bit awkward but there's room for improvement!
Mimi likes Korean idols and Blackpink

I also stumbled across this video of pre-debut Momoclo member Manami Ikura answering questions

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Ebichu's Hinata appeared on a karaoke singing show as the recommended Stardust singer (by Hyadain and Shiori)

Reni also appeared on Yuzuhime's room (Shachi Yuzuki's YT streaming show with quizzes)

slight spoiler from the video

Tomorrow will be Shachi's live event on Youtube but I won't be able to watch it :sadpuppy:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Takoyaki streaming from a potato?

Shachi's Yuzuki did a live stream for her 23rd Birthday about a week ago. Kind of weird that she's doing it from a warehouse instead of an office.

I'm not sure how to structure it. I was thinking of mostly writing about the releases, but I'm not sure how much I want to write or how to structure the text as a whole. I might also make another thread later focusing on another aspect of SDP.

If I was writing something like this, I would give each group their own section. Then you can just plug in the appropriate text for each group. Does this help?

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Hinata sounded great in that Karaoke perf! She changed her hair recently.

She's also filming a drama. I'm not sure if this is the reason for the change in hair style.

This is a weird pic. Did they have this much security while filming or are they part of the cast? You can just make out Hinata in the center.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Takoyaki streaming from a potato?

Shachi's Yuzuki did a live stream for her 23rd Birthday about a week ago. Kind of weird that she's doing it from a warehouse instead of an office.

If I was writing something like this, I would give each group their own section. Then you can just plug in the appropriate text for each group. Does this help?

What's up with Stardust managers and potatoes for phones?

Yeah that's strange :ohmygod:
I looked through it a bit, might put it on in the back ground some day but 3 hours is a lot. I'll try to watch the spectacle streaming show first.

Thanks! I've started to think so too, and maybe I won't rate or talk about all songs. My knowledge of music and related English vocab is just too limited. Calling almost all of BOLT's singles "pop rock" and then trying to explain the difference between them gave me a massive headache. And trying to explain what Crown Pop's Seiten Compass and Amfurasshi's Zatto no naka de sound like...

Hinata sounded great in that Karaoke perf! She changed her hair recently.

She's also filming a drama. I'm not sure if this is the reason for the change in hair style.

This is a weird pic. Did they have this much security while filming or are they part of the cast? You can just make out Hinata in the center.

It looks like a Nagoya-based drama, I'm surprised she got it since she's not from Aichi. The hair might be a wig?

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I just watched Shachi's live and...!
They announced their next (digital) single "Survivor Survivor / Mama", it will be released on the 29th of August!

I enjoyed the concert a lot! Especially the beginning and end were full of good songs. Dreamer, Rose Fighters, Burning Festival, Rocket Queen, Watashi Fever, UCMSVP Ball etc... but my favourite performance was Gurabu Jamun!

The live will be up on Youtube until the 4th of August, and they'll release the concert on Bluray later.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
On Your Mark was played for the first time today

Natsu no Bakasawagi (online) was also held today! :palove:
It was always going to be a bit different than usual, but this one was even more so. As opposed to other online concerts (like Shachi's or Momoclo's previous one) it was held outdoors! The event was held at a seaside resort and as it was Natsu no Baka there were several foolish segments!
Slight spoilers:
They went in the pool and even went out on a boat!!

I also learned that Aarin is terrified of water... I heard on twitter that she can't swim, and if that's true it could explain it.
There were some sound issues, especially early on. You could hear the wind blowing and the members seemed to struggle uncharacteristically with the singing at the beginning.

That being said it was a very enjoyable concert with some songs they don't often perform

Top Bottom